Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Fulham v Liverpool, 21st April 2024, 16:30  (Read 11166 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: MATCH PREVIEW - Fulham v Liverpool, 21st April 2024, 16:30
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2024, 12:26:16 pm »
That team is bat shit - hopefully not true

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2024, 12:30:12 pm »
I just don’t understand the use of Elliot. I and quite a few others have been calling out for the inclusion of Elliot in midfield for a while now but he hasn’t been played there alongside our other best midfielders. Instead he gets a chance today playing alongside Endo (who we know isn’t really good enough to be a starter for us) and Gravenberch who the jury’s out on.. I don’t get it. Elliot doesn’t get played alongside our best midfielders but gets thrown in here at Fulham away with a makeshift midfield where all of the individuals have question marks over how much ground they’re able to cover. The same applies to Gravenberch as well in fairness. It’s just really baffling.

I know people have concerns over Nunez but without him there life is a lot easier for opposition defences because no one else has the pace and direct running he has. Salah being rested is the right call but Nunez had to start today I think.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 12:31:48 pm by Wool »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2024, 12:31:46 pm »
If that’s the team, the bench will still have a big part to play. The headlines might scream about Salah being dropped but it’s not like he’s been bombed out and won’t feature. He’ll probably have half an hour here, and probably start midweek.

If we click and score goals without him and Darwin well that’s a nice problem all round.

Get the concern about the midfield but Mac needs a breather. Gravenberch and Harvey are both fit and fresh and it feels like that’s half the battle at the moment.

With Trent back, he’s so good at finding Diaz and Jota when we win the ball back anywhere within 70 yards of their goals so that still gives us a good outlet.

Had we picked the same side again there would still be cause for concern/people to moan. Fingers crossed it pans out well. I’m expecting a tight game. Hoping with Alisson back, and most of the usual back four (and a rested Quansah) we can keep things solid. Doesn’t have to be anything dazzling. Any kind of win here woukd be great.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2024, 12:32:58 pm »
Rumoured Team

Alisson
Trent
Quansah
Van Dijk
Robertson
Endo
Elliott
Gravenberch
Diaz
Gakpo
Jota

Did that midfield play there in the League Cup semi? Feel like they were okay that night, and nothing much is working there at the minute, even Mac Allister has struggled the last few. Some will obviously get rests ahead of two more away games coming up.

As for that front three ... they'll all work hard, I don't doubt that, but I can't say I'm massively confident in it for a must win away game. I'm back to thinking now that if we want to compete at the top level going forward we'll probably need a couple of forwards to join under the new manager. There's serious doubts about all of them for their own multiple reasons. Longer discussion for another thread maybe.

Think we'll need Elliott on his game here to create something, not an abundance of pace going forward. Gravenberch showing a bit of drive would be nice, feels a big opportunity for him to show he can get more minutes on this run in. Jota has looked off the pace and whilst I'd obviously start him I'd have been tempted to go with Danns.

Anyway ... just win, obviously. Fail to do so and might as well experiment in the last five, get the likes of Danns/Bajcetic in.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2024, 12:33:32 pm »
Do I not like that midfield. Would get totally overrun.

You're coming through loud Graham, Graham is that you?
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2024, 12:34:59 pm »
Rumoured Team

Alisson
Trent
Quansah
Van Dijk
Robertson
Endo
Elliott
Gravenberch
Diaz
Gakpo
Jota

I can see the logic because we played Thursday and we need fresh legs. However that team does not fill me with confidence, but again we don’t have choice. Problem was we played first choice midfield midweek in the hope of turning it around.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2024, 12:35:21 pm »
If that’s the team, the bench will still have a big part to play. The headlines might scream about Salah being dropped but it’s not like he’s been bombed out and won’t feature. He’ll probably have half an hour here, and probably start midweek.

If we click and score goals without him and Darwin well that’s a nice problem all round.

Get the concern about the midfield but Mac needs a breather. Gravenberch and Harvey are both fit and fresh and it feels like that’s half the battle at the moment.

With Trent back, he’s so good at finding Diaz and Jota when we win the ball back anywhere within 70 yards of their goals so that still gives us a good outlet.

Had we picked the same side again there would still be cause for concern/people to moan. Fingers crossed it pans out well. I’m expecting a tight game. Hoping with Alisson back, and most of the usual back four (and a rested Quansah) we can keep things solid. Doesn’t have to be anything dazzling. Any kind of win here woukd be great.

That is what needs to happen, we've been too reliant at times on Salah and in situations like these when he's going through a tough patch, the others needs to rise to the challenge and deliver themselves.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2024, 12:36:04 pm »

I think it is a case of who is fit enough to play. Our schedule has been quite frankly ridiculous.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2024, 12:37:23 pm »
You're coming through loud Graham, Graham is that you?
;)

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2024, 12:44:32 pm »
Wouldn’t pick that lineup usually, but considering how we’re playing I’m up for changes and giving a different side a go.

Gakpo, Diaz and Jota is a good front three

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2024, 12:50:07 pm »
Wouldn’t pick that lineup usually, but considering how we’re playing I’m up for changes and giving a different side a go.

Gakpo, Diaz and Jota is a good front three

Incredibly easy front 3 to play against they all want to come back to the ball

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2024, 12:50:49 pm »

Think that was proven in the away game at Wolves where we had no threat in behind.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2024, 01:08:13 pm »
Think that was proven in the away game at Wolves where we had no threat in behind.

Salah started in that one didn’t he? Gakpo equalised with one of those far post tap ins he popped up with for a while.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2024, 01:08:52 pm »
I think it is a case of who is fit enough to play. Our schedule has been quite frankly ridiculous.
yep and a tough week to come too
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2024, 01:11:46 pm »
Salah started in that one didn’t he? Gakpo equalised with one of those far post tap ins he popped up with for a while.

Darwin to his credit helped enormously in that game in that he came on and stretched the game. Issue is however we have three away games this week, we will have to have rotation and on paper this is the easier of the three games.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2024, 01:15:28 pm »
Rumoured Team

Alisson
Trent
Quansah
Van Dijk
Robertson
Endo
Elliott
Gravenberch
Diaz
Gakpo
Jota

Absolute cack that. Hopefully it's not true.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2024, 01:15:53 pm »

The players aren’t robots, they can’t play every game without seeing their energy levels drop. Jurgens game is counter press, and you must be fully fit and energised for that to work. No good playing tired players as they won’t execute the game plan.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2024, 01:16:06 pm »
Darwin to his credit helped enormously in that game in that he came on and stretched the game. Issue is however we have three away games this week, we will have to have rotation and on paper this is the easier of the three games.

I think this might be our toughest one. They’re in reasonable form, not many injuries and a week to prepare. Everton have a small squad and a huge game today. On paper West Ham might be the toughest. But they seem to have given up the league for European adventures. Probably more of a shame we don’t have them today as by next week they’ll want the points again with nothing else to focus on if they want to qualify for another European campaign.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2024, 01:16:52 pm »

Was it him and Harvey off the bench to change things around? They both did that a bit early in the season.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2024, 01:18:04 pm »
The players aren’t robots, they can’t play every game without seeing their energy levels drop. Jurgens game is counter press, and you must be fully fit and energised for that to work. No good playing tired players as they won’t execute the game plan.

We've pressed about as effectively as a wet sock in recent times. I can't imagine that they'd be tired after Palace and especially Atalanta seeing as they spent passing it to Alisson during the whole of the second half.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2024, 01:18:42 pm »

But we have to rotate, 4 games in 10 days….unfortuantely it’s a risk needed to be taken

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2024, 01:23:02 pm »
Was hoping to see one of either Danns, Clark or McConnell. Still games left for them I suppose.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2024, 01:26:13 pm »
Our intense schedule probably dictates who we start but the midfield doesn’t look great. Maybe they will play well but I fear that Fulham may dominate midfield. I suspect we’ll lose a lot of 50/50 tackles which will give Fulham confidence.

Our bench may hold the answer.
#JFT97

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2024, 01:29:17 pm »
Time for some players to step up if true.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2024, 01:39:12 pm »
Rumoured Team

Alisson
Trent
Quansah
Van Dijk
Robertson
Endo
Elliott
Gravenberch
Diaz
Gakpo
Jota

If that's the team...... It will be fresh, a positive ... Both Gakpo and Diaz are worker bees so could buttress the midfield which, looks both small in stature and in physical presence. To boot, once again it's a team that hasn't played together nor likely to have trained together as well. So it'll be backs to the wall until they get things figured out. 0-0 at half-time would be quite ok. We'll have a belter of a bench as well.

We don't have to play well, just win. 1-0 would be delightful.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2024, 01:42:40 pm »
That team doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Plus, Fulham will have smelled blood after our last run of games and will be playing with their tails up.

I'd take an ugly one-goal win, for sure.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2024, 01:45:11 pm »

They all do? Diaz and Jota run in behind don't they? It's increasingly true of Salah too mind. Our forward line is odd these days.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2024, 01:48:16 pm »
Rumoured Team

Alisson
Trent
Quansah
Van Dijk
Robertson
Endo
Elliott
Gravenberch
Diaz
Gakpo
Jota

Good team. Nice to see Harvey back in.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2024, 01:49:25 pm »

That's very disrespectful to our players.

Besides, we can't play the same players game after game and expect different results, as others have said, the schedule dictates somewhat.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2024, 02:01:18 pm »
That team doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Plus, Fulham will have smelled blood after our last run of games and will be playing with their tails up.

I'd take an ugly one-goal win, for sure.

I'd love that one goal to come late on too. Give us some end of season stir of emotions to go and chase down more wins.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2024, 02:03:42 pm »
I'd love that one goal to come late on too. Give us some end of season stir of emotions to go and chase down more wins.

Nah if we are picking the sorts of wins we need then a comfortable 2-0 it will need to be.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2024, 02:14:04 pm »
Nah if we are picking the sorts of wins we need then a comfortable 2-0 it will need to be.

Yeah, I cant be arsed with drama
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2024, 02:20:28 pm »
The team is fine.

The belief in here isn’t.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2024, 02:21:53 pm »
The team is fine.

The belief in here isn’t.

It doesn't seem like they have much belief either.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2024, 02:22:31 pm »
It doesn't seem like they have much belief either.

Who ?

The team are fine. Just a bad patch and 90% of fans thrown towel in.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2024, 02:29:55 pm »
So we’re doing what we done with tsimikas last weekend with Gravenberch where he’s not had any minutes for weeks then chucking him right from the off  :butt

Hopefully that team isn’t true.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2024, 02:32:10 pm »
So we’re doing what we done with tsimikas last weekend with Gravenberch where he’s not had any minutes for weeks then chucking him right from the off  :butt

Hopefully that team isn’t true.

So, what would you have done? You're very good at having a go at every team selected but you never suggest alternatives do you?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2024, 02:32:24 pm »
Go full strength , what’s the point of resting anyone now

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2024, 02:34:33 pm »
So, what would you have done? You're very good at having a go at every team selected but you never suggest alternatives do you?

The negativity surrounding this Team recently is really bonkers.

I genuinely cannot get my head round any of it.

Trent, VVD and Klopp have called for us to be united and it just gets ignored.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2024, 02:35:05 pm »
I'm alright with that team, most underperforming dross has been dropped, something had to change so let's see how it goes. Fuck all to lose because we wouldn't win with the shite we've been playing.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.