Author Topic: Fresh Update  (Read 5095 times)

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Fresh Update
« on: March 3, 2008, 09:59:09 pm »
The revised scheme design and Environmental statement have been received by the planning department.  The consultation period for this ends on 1st April and the documents can be viewed at the following places

Anfield/Breckfield Regeneration at 115 Anfield Road
Breck Road Library, The Mall, Breck Road
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Fresh Update
« Reply #1 on: March 3, 2008, 10:00:28 pm »
Do they publish the documents online? I know some local authorities do.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #2 on: March 3, 2008, 10:03:35 pm »
Do they publish the documents online? I know some local authorities do.

They have a link for documents but the stupid thing doesn't work.  Meanwhile a smaller borough, Knowsley, can manage to get documents for the tesco development online.

He never walked alone

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:16:58 am »
It should be interesting to see when the actual first shovel is dug for the new ground - if G&H were honest about the £60m of the £350m going towards starting the stadium...

Hopefully work won't stop on the stadium by the time that £60m is used up - and we'll either have details about a new stadium loan to cover all the building costs - or we'll have new owners with very deep pockets so that we're not crippled by debt repayments.

Roll on the 1st/2nd April.

ps - anything of interest in those revised designs and environmental statement documents to those who've seen them?

Plus, would all the delays so far with trying to build the new stadium cause us problems in trying to attract a stadium sponsor / naming rights. I imagine it'd be one hell of a boost if a company agreed £75m+ deal with some substantial money upfront for if we do need a huge loan to the get the ground built. Though, I imagine some companies may have been put off with how G&H have gone about their ownership of the club?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:21:39 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline albertared

• Left England in 1990 - probably chased by a mob.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 05:28:57 am »
maybe i am imagining this but wasn't part of the original planning approval contingent on the club being able to prove that funds were in place to complete the project?

if so, then how is "we've just got enough for the pitch and the changing rooms...is that good to go?" going to work?
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline koppite118

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 03:20:51 pm »
When would building work start ?

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 08:46:21 pm »
The revised scheme design and Environmental statement have been received by the planning department.  The consultation period for this ends on 1st April and the documents can be viewed at the following places

That's very close to anfield no, how close mate ?, do you know if is it open on matchdays ?

Roll on the 1st/2nd April.

ps - anything of interest in those revised designs and environmental statement documents to those who've seen them?

Hello ttnbd, as koppite118 has also asked, do you know if the club are allowed to begin building work immedieately after the consultation period ends ? Could work on the foundations begin on April 2 as long as there is no new major opposition to the stadium ? Before the plans were downgraded didn't the club have planning permission for the first HKS design at a capacity of 62000 with provision to increase to 76000 if they improved transport ?
  Am I right in assuming that unless the structural footprint/foundation or the internal structure/concourses have changed significantly then the planning permission should be relatively straightforward as its basically the same stadium with a few subtle tweaks. How significant a change is removing the underground car park I wonder, I'm worried that without it we wouldn't even be allowed to have a 60000 capacity, since even now parking is such a big issue on matchdays. Is it at all possible that this downgraded, bit still excellent IMO, HKS design could be begun now and completed to a 60000 capacity and for the other 11000 seats to be added after the transportation issues are resolved, to finally bring its total capacity up to 71000. For what capacity is the current application for ?

Is there any chance to get the revised design and environmental statement on here at all, as its unlikely i can make the trip up to view the plans personally ?? . I read an interesting daily post article from august 07 today. In the first HKS design, It revealed details of the skywalk at the top of the Kop end which has spectacular views out onto the pitch and over the city, the Mersey and further Wales.The sky bar & restaraunt with the museum and club shop housed within the south or Kop end, with the sky terrace and cafe bar open everyday except matchdays. All this I knew already.I
      What i was pleasantly surprised to learn, was where the article said the stadium is likely to be the most environmentally friendly in the Premier League, the first to be carbon neutral. With future plans to apply for permission to install a wind turbine to supply power that would make the stadium and park self sufficient in energy..
     Also it revealed plans for a rainwater retention system with underground tanks; the recycled water would be used to water the pitch, the flushing water for toilets and urinals and for a watering system for plants and vegetation in the park outside the stadium. The Northern facade of the stadium exterior would feature 'living walls' along the base, made up of plants and shrubs watered by the recycling system.
     I find it really reassuring, in this thouroughly depressing few months in our history and the shambles that is the Yanks co-chairmanship, that the club are continuing the Liverpool way, our tradition of being a Family & community club,  taking these measures. By being environmentally responsible, by ensuring that the Stadium and the park co exist in harmony and by making sure the stadium is an integral part of the local community and not some ugly blot on the landscape. I despise that fat potato headed twat Hicks but I'm man enough to give the man his dues over the HKS designed stadium, i have to admit it's truly unique and amazing, worthy of being Liverpool Football Clubs new home. That's If it ever gets built as its designed of course.

In a perfect world this amazing new stadium would be owned by Share LiverpoolFC It would be the perfect union;  a new stadium for the fans and Community, Owned and Run by fans & the community. But I just hope that Share LiverpoolFC, DIC or worst case scenario the fat Texan mouthpiece actually build it. I'd be really interested to know if all these environmental proposals are still in the second application for the downgraded HKS design, along with any other information about the proposed stadium.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 08:52:33 pm by kingjari »
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:13:37 pm »
why worry the council will knock it back,as i have said before i can't see the council giving it the go ahead when too cut cost the underground carpark has been removed,and that was one of the most important design features going back to the first parrybowl design.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 12:44:32 pm »
When would building work start ?
Hicks said this in an email to a fan on TIA last week.
“The new stadium will break ground Nov 1, assuming the Planning approval and Judicial Review happens on schedule. It will open for the August 2011 season, and will be the best in the world.”

I'll believe it when I see it happen and not before.

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 02:46:35 pm »
I got a letter off the council a week or so ago saying planning permission had been re submitted to the council.  Thing is, if my memory serves me right, it mentions parking for 1200 cars.  Is this the mystery underground car park back again.  In addition,  ALL 13 FMPZs (permit zones for local residents) are to be finished and implemented by September this year.  This would suggest work is going to be started on the stadium fairly soon.  IE  If work starts the Stanley Park car park will be lost instantly thus causing havoc to the local area.  I suspect the council wants the FMPZs up and running to counter the problems for local residents as the couple of thousand cars which now park on Stanley Park car park would try to park in the already congested nearby streets.

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 03:41:07 pm »
I thought the car park was still going in but in a different location and smaller so as to avoid excavating hard bedrock.

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 05:57:42 pm »
I think the car park ditching thing is some kind of mistake in the press releases or domumentation error etc. Because they must still have included some kind of car park somewhere in the scheme. Even curren t anfield has a carpark, so will this one. Not even us would be that stupid to leave a carpark off the design of a £300m stadium. Probably just an oversight in the documention released with the unveiling.

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 07:34:54 pm »
I think removing the underground car park was a cost cutting excersise mate. god help  us if its still part of the proposal but they forgot to include it in the plans.
although that would be in keeping with their incompetence about the stadium so far.
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 04:32:42 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it happen and not before.

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 07:03:56 pm »
I think removing the underground car park was a cost cutting excersise mate.

I know the removal of the underground carpark was but if so what did they propose as the alternative? Even if they are now proposing no car park (hypothetically of course) then nobody has still come out and said there is no car park. It's all been a bit shrouded as far as that goes. I think at the time of the de-design pictures being released they weren't 100% sure what they were doing so just didn't mention it. As I said nobody designs a £300m stadium without a carpark.

Personally I'm glad there's no underground carpark in the design anymore, to me that's about as big a security risk as you can get. Wouldn't feel comfortable sitting in the ground on big games ;D.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:08:22 pm by Football CRAZY »

Offline steer

• Grampa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 02:53:22 pm »

Shouldnt the DPP be going to committee this month? Would have thought the next meeting is either next week or the week after?

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 06:34:06 pm »
the consultation period has ended so would assume something will be going on.

He never walked alone

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 12:05:02 pm »
I believe the day the stadium is done will be moved till 2016..
Personally I love Anfield .. and for god's sake, i hope Liverpool will sing as loud on the new stadium as they do on Anfield...

Anyway.. it will be superb.. our owners just need to get their fingers out their asses !

:puke2 :puke2