Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459592 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
If you socially distance within the stadium then yeah, no problem. You're probably talking every other row being used and then two empty seats between spectators.
And all the concourse areas, bars and access routes to the seats are never ever crowded.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
How long would it take to fill, or empty a stadium at fifty percent capacity and maintain 1m with masks?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And all the concourse areas, bars and access routes to the seats are never ever crowded.

I think they'd close the bars/food areas. Have outdoor temporary food stands set up around the ground to get food/drink before the game and then during the game only allow toilet access and entry/exit.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
US posts over 68K new virus cases, setting record for third straight day

The U.S. on Friday reported more than 68,000 new COVID-19 cases, breaking the country's record for the daily number of new cases for the third consecutive day as the growing pandemic tightens its grip on the country.

Friday's total was a significant rise from Thursday's record mark of 59,886, according to The New York Times' tally, though it also underscores the massive jump in new cases over the past two weeks. Friday's record of 68,100 represents an 84 percent increase over the last 16 days, the Times found.

Several states set new records for the number of new cases on Friday, including Georgia, Utah, Montana, North Carolina, Iowa and Ohio.

Georgia, the first state to begin reopening its economy amid the pandemic, recorded 4,904 cases on Friday, smashing its previous record of 2,886 on July 2.

Atlanta officials have signaled that the city could be shifting back to "Phase 1" guidelines, which largely direct people to stay at home. The city's mayor, Keisha Lance Bottoms (D), tested positive for COVID-19 this week, though she says she is asymptomatic. She made wearing a masks while in public a requirement for city residents on Wednesday.

Texas reported 9,923 new cases on Friday after seeing nearly 11,000 cases on Thursday, a record. Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has re-shuttered bars and mandated that all Texans wear masks while out in public, but he warned Friday that more restrictions could be coming, predicting that "things will get worse."

"This was a very tough decision for me to make,” Abbott said in a TV interview, explaining the mask requirement. “I made clear that I made this tough decision for one reason: It was our last best effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. If we do not slow the spread of COVID-19 … the next step would have to be a lockdown.”

Florida, which has become one of the main epicenters in the world for the pandemic, nearly broke its record for daily cases that it set on July 4, reporting 11,433 new cases on Friday. Despite the surge in cases, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has said that he will not shut the state down again.

"We're open. We know who we need to protect Most of the folks in those younger demographics, although we want them to be mindful of what's going on, are just simply much much less at risk than the folks who are in those older age groups," he said late last month.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/506870-us-posts-over-68000-new-coronavirus-cases-setting-record-for-third

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I can’t see Texans wearing masks myself...

We’ve seen in the U.K. that half measures don’t work.  You do it hard and you do it quick.  And then you come out quicker.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Regarding wearing masks, it's just a matter of ego now and would go against their very own principles that they stood so firm in protecting. The narrative has already been set, dont wear masks, it's just leftist propaganda and fuck dem libtards.

It was only a few months ago, in this very thread that some people were mocking others for wearing masks on the Tube and circular debates with some posters saying masks are ineffective etc.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can’t see Texans wearing masks myself...

We’ve seen in the U.K. that half measures don’t work.  You do it hard and you do it quick.  And then you come out quicker.

My colleagues all wear masks. the ones I have spoken to anyway. More than we are hear by the sounds of it.

They are all based in and around Houston, and are for the most part liberal, by Texas standards anyway.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
820 new cases today....

Let’s hope that’s a one off....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
820 new cases today....

That's a big leap. I know the rolling average is the best measure but that figure is worrying.

Well we may worry but the Government won't.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
820 new cases today....

We’ve clearly tested too many people. Need to drop that number again.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
820 new cases today....

Wait another day or two and we’ll see the results from last weekend’s ongoings assuming by then people have enough time to show symptoms, gets tested and get the results.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Dozens of Florida hospitals max out of ICU capacity amid surge in COVID-19 cases

Dozens of hospitals in Florida are at their ICU capacity as the state struggles to contain its massive spike of COVID-19 cases.

According to new data released by the state's Agency for Health Care Administration, almost 85 percent of the state's ICU beds are occupied, with just 933 ICU available beds remaining across the state.

WFLA reported that 435 were hospitalized overnight Friday, a new record. At least 52 hospitals in the state have no ICU capacity left at all.

During a Friday press conference, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) tried to assuage fears over the mounting hospitalizations.

“We’ve got the census today. I think between 10 and 12 or 13 thousand — somewhere like that — beds are available,” DeSantis said. “There’ll be articles saying, ‘Oh, my gosh. They’re at 90 percent.’ Well, that’s how hospitals normally run.”

The governor noted that he was sending 100 contract nurses to Tampa Bay to assist area hospitals.

https://thehill.com/homenews/coronavirus-report/506881-dozens-of-florida-hospitals-max-out-of-icu-capacity-amid-surge-in

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
We’ve clearly tested too many people. Need to drop that number again.

Until I saw your comment, I thought it was new deaths.
Guess for now we are headed the right way.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Until I saw your comment, I thought it was new deaths.
Guess for now we are headed the right way.

It was 520 yesterday so quite a large increase.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
820 new cases today....

One of those is me. Sorry.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
One of those is me. Sorry.
God... sorry to hear that mate...

Hope you aren’t feeling too rough...
W

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
God... sorry to hear that mate...

Hope you aren’t feeling too rough...
Cheers mate. Symptoms are very mild. I only got tested because of my job. Being in my 20's and healthy I'm very fortunate.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Newsweek
Patient Dies After Going to 'COVID Party,' Thought It Was a Hoax: Official
Eddy Rodriguez 
45 mins ago

A person in their 30s died in south Texas after attending a "COVID party," thinking it was a hoax, according to a health care official.

Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Healthcare in San Antonio, said in a recorded statement to News 4 San Antonio that she heard a "heartbreaking" story about a 30-year-old patient who attended a COVID party.

"This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus and the thought is that people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said. "Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said 'I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it's not.'"

"This is just one example of a potentially avoidable death of a young member in our community and I can't imagine the loss in the family," the doctor said, adding that there are multiple patients in their 20s and 30s in critical condition due to the novel coronavirus.

Appleby said she released details of this case to show no one is "invincible" from COVID-19 that is adversely younger people.

"It doesn't discriminate and none of us are invincible. I don't want to be an alarmist and we're just trying to share some real-world examples to help our community realize that this virus is very serious and can spread easily," Appleby said.

Newsweek reached out to San Antonio health officials for comment, but did not receive a response back in time for publication.

So-called "COVID parties" have been an issue across the United States with younger people. Students from the University of Alabama organized multiple COVID parties to see who would get infected first, according to Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense...They're intentionally doing it," McKinstry said in an interview with ABC News July 1.

A North Carolina nurse said multiple patients attended COVID parties to intentionally try catch the virus. Yolanda Enrich, a nurse practitioner, said in a May interview with KOAT Action 7 News that medical professionals were worried "because not everyone that becomes infected with the virus produces antibodies."

"We have heard from a lot of patients and the community that they're unafraid of getting the virus, so people are actually out and about trying to get the virus – attending gatherings, parties – just trying to maximize their chances of exposure," Enrich said.

North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper commented on the trend, calling it "completely irresponsible and absolutely unacceptable" at the time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/patient-dies-after-going-to-covid-party-thought-it-was-a-hoax-official/ar-BB16CCy8?ocid=msedgntp
Kill the humourless

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Newsweek
Eddy Rodriguez 
45 mins ago

A person in their 30s died in south Texas after attending a "COVID party," thinking it was a hoax, according to a health care official.

Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Healthcare in San Antonio, said in a recorded statement to News 4 San Antonio that she heard a "heartbreaking" story about a 30-year-old patient who attended a COVID party.

"This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus and the thought is that people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said. "Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said 'I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it's not.'"

Darwin awards party springs to mind. 

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Darwin awards party springs to mind.

I had exactly that thought when reading the article
Believer

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/11/revealed-20-areas-at-most-risk-of-local-lockdowns

I think it's best just to stop reading papers/online now. They are jumping on everything to get clicks, better to just use official data/numbers and rolling averages to see what's happening

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
Dozens of Florida hospitals max out of ICU capacity amid surge in COVID-19 cases

https://thehill.com/homenews/coronavirus-report/506881-dozens-of-florida-hospitals-max-out-of-icu-capacity-amid-surge-in

Don't worry, Disney World is open again
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Don't worry, Disney World is open again

Yeah, Donald has been active all through this mess.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think it's best just to stop reading papers/online now. They are jumping on everything to get clicks, better to just use official data/numbers and rolling averages to see what's happening

To paraphrase Starmer; 'these are the government's own official figures'.

First sentence of said article; 'The government has drawn up a list of 20 councils facing the worst coronavirus outbreaks in England...'

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
To paraphrase Starmer; 'these are the government's own official figures'.

First sentence of said article; 'The government has drawn up a list of 20 councils facing the worst coronavirus outbreaks in England...'

Well they did lock down Leicester when they didn't need to so I'm not listening to that bunch of muppets :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Cheers mate. Symptoms are very mild. I only got tested because of my job. Being in my 20's and healthy I'm very fortunate.

Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

All the best mate, get well soon?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well they did lock down Leicester when they didn't need to so I'm not listening to that bunch of muppets :D

Wouldn't trust em either to be fair, but (unfortunately) they are the government.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Even if it was just 25% capacity it would be a good start. You could force everyone to wear a mask too if needed. It seems it's OK to gather in large groups to protest against all sorts of things if you wear a mask, but not to sit and watch a game in a stadium. I suspect many clubs will soon come under financial stress too.

lol, please stop comparing protesting about basic human rights and equality to football. Ignoring the actual trivialness of football in comparison, a large proportion of those at the BLM protests would've been taking social distancing seriously before any protests, not attend if they were at risk and then were encouraged to wear masks and take precautions afterwards.

They may have caused small localised spikes but comparing it to football is very odd.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 10:45:41 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Newsweek
Eddy Rodriguez 
45 mins ago

"This is just one example of a potentially avoidable death of a young member in our community and I can't imagine the loss in the family," the doctor said, adding that there are multiple patients in their 20s and 30s in critical condition due to the novel coronavirus.

Appleby said she released details of this case to show no one is "invincible" from COVID-19 that is adversely younger people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/patient-dies-after-going-to-covid-party-thought-it-was-a-hoax-official/ar-BB16CCy8?ocid=msedgntp

You know that reads as BS to me. Not the fact that someone probably died from attending one of these parties but how the news is being reported.

Firstly, 'heard a story' and who with their last breath turns to their nurse and says "I thought this was a hoax, but it's not"

On another note President Bane has seen donning a mask while doing a photo shoot before heading off for another round of golf.

Maybe he's just being politically correct.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Was that particular face-mask manufactured in the US, or did he get them from the same Chinese supplier that makes some of his campaign merchandise?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:58:22 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
lol, please stop comparing protesting about basic human rights and equality to football. Ignoring the actual trivialness of football in comparison, a large proportion of those at the BLM protests would've been taking social distancing seriously before any protests, not attend if they were at risk and then were encouraged to wear masks and take precautions afterwards.

They may have caused small localised spikes but comparing it to football is very odd.

I replied to this yesterday. What I said had nothing to do with the message of the protests. Forget the protests for the point I'm trying to make.

We can use restaurants. It's alright to sit there if you keep a certain distance. But you can't let anyone in to a stadium restaurant? Not even into the stadium? Does that make sense to you? People won't wear masks when they eat, but not even if you put a mask on is a stadium considered safe.

Now I understand where we are. I never expected all to go back to normal immediately. I understand there's a message to be sent when things open up. But rules are clearly made up on the go. It's all very selective. Countries, cities and organisations are all making up their own rules now. That's my point.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Well they are also allowing outdoor events to start up again so a football crowd at a reduced capacity stadium would be far safer than those.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Well they are also allowing outdoor events to start up again so a football crowd at a reduced capacity stadium would be far safer than those.

“Outdoor events” is a pretty wide description though.

As someone described earlier, getting in and out of rows is one of the big issues, at a lot of outdoor events you don’t have that.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
My guess is this football season will be played with no people, but there should be a plan and some trials. When next season begins I doubt it can be with empty stadiums.

We haven't had any indications of people being allowed back in Sweden. Nobody knows. That season has just started and there's no way clubs can survive unless they get some revenue from tickets.

I see little problem with having small crowds (youth players, families, a selected set of fans) spaced around the ground and managed with discipline. (bit like a normal Middlesbrough game)

I do see that one of the conditions is that stewards should not have duties which place them at risk. It would not bring in money but it would provide a little atmosphere.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
I think it’s gonna be an all or nothing approach for the PL at least. Yes games are outdoors, but there too many logistical nightmares as mentioned in this thread. Are they going to have staggered toilet visits? No shouting or cheering? What happens if you live with someone in the at risk category be it from an ethnic minority or elderly/shielding? Also they have mentioned digital passports, who pays for these?. Furthermore what stops non ticket holders congregating outside looking for a spare etc?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
My “the worst of it is over - everyone overreacted” mate has just tested positive after his work sent him to London for two days. Says it’s awful and he regrets being so flippant.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My “the worst of it is over - everyone overreacted” mate has just tested positive after his work sent him to London for two days. Says it’s awful and he regrets being so flippant.

Maybe not applicable to your mate but views expressed are often informed by conspiracy type nonsense (‘hoax’, ‘5g’,...) peddled via various social media platforms.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care

Now I understand where we are. I never expected all to go back to normal immediately. I understand there's a message to be sent when things open up. But rules are clearly made up on the go. It's all very selective. Countries, cities and organisations are all making up their own rules now. That's my point.

Don't you know it's all about 'the science' according to the government.

Reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/29Im23SPNok?t=10

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Saw Sturgeon on Marr this morning, they were talking about quarantining people travelling from England. I hope they have remembered to exclude truck drivers, otherwise they are going to starve very very quickly once lorry movements cease. Yesterday, I saw about 12 of our trucks that had crossed from England into Scotland, loads of others from England and Scottish trucks going both ways, plus the foreign trucks from the likes of Poland and Lithuania.

I was in Cumbernauld and East Kilbride yesterday, taking goods from London to the Farmfoods depot in Cumbernauld and then collecting a load from Coke which went to Dagenham last night. Its weird as they are still stricter on the 2 meter rule, have mandatory face masks in shops etc. Loads totally ignoring the rules, though, groups of old people in Hamilton services, no masks, no distancing, staff wearing masks in the shop and McNasty's and Scottish customers wandering in with nothing on. Hard to work out what you should and shouldn't do.

Roads are also full of twats in BMW's and Audi's again, although the motorway Police were out in force hunting them.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA