Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 612585 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #4640 on: May 4, 2018, 08:04:17 am »
Will do well to avoid getting swept now as we hardly ever win in Cleveland.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4641 on: May 4, 2018, 08:18:05 am »
Will do well to avoid getting swept now as we hardly ever win in Cleveland.
8 straight losses to them but i think they have this one last push for a game to avoid getting swept. Or maybe i should say they will make it close for one game ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4642 on: May 4, 2018, 08:22:15 am »
Fizdale is an interesting option for the Knicks, hope it pans out. He is definitely a better option than some thrash they kept interviewing. Young coach, can relate to young core. He should definitely not clash with Porzingis’ ego though. Fizdale can’t screw it up this time, Memphis players thought he was an egomaniac phony poser.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4643 on: May 4, 2018, 12:40:13 pm »
You're a disgrace Raps. Should have given their place to Indy for another series of games.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4644 on: May 4, 2018, 01:31:44 pm »
Raps are 1-28 on the road against Lebron since 2004 so yeah maybe I gave the raptors way too much credit saying they would win a game.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4645 on: May 4, 2018, 05:35:27 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/io9YOQnNqtQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/io9YOQnNqtQ</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4646 on: May 5, 2018, 04:08:12 am »
Warriors were terrible against a rampant Pelicans earlier. Warriors attack needs to go through Curry again. He elevated everyone around him while Durant doesn't seem to do that to the same extent. Just everything was off.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4647 on: May 5, 2018, 12:22:36 pm »
Yeah we played like Raptors yesterday ffs :-X

A locked in and play-off Rondo is out of this world, i think he broke own record by 21 assists yesterday and play off record is 24.
We gotta get the next one or else this will be irritating for us. Kudos to Pelicans, a good deep play off run without Cousins, great addition in Mirotic, big improvements in Holiday and Moore.

I think their ball movement is much better now and if i was the GM, I'd seriously consider trading Cousins for a good piece.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4648 on: May 5, 2018, 12:25:52 pm »
To think I had you down as a decent poster for all this time... ;D
Now you know why I said it Gerry ;)

Haha, don't get me wrong Gary, key part was "come play-off time". Raptors are doing very well and this time they have a deeper bench as well but it's hard for me to forget collapse of Lowry in the play-off's and likewise same goes for Rockets who folded in an embarrassing fashion against the Spurs. So, once they prove what they're made of when it counts, i will give them the respect they deserve. Remember I was a big fan of the Suns and D'Antoni at the time as i was a huge Nash fan, his run and gun ball always came short for one reason or another so it was disappointing. Cavs have the best player in the league in Lebron and Celtics has the best coach in the East therefore i give them the edge. I will be happy to proven wrong as i'd like new teams to make later stages in the play-off's.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2018, 12:27:27 pm by elsewhere »

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #4649 on: May 5, 2018, 08:56:14 pm »

thanks for the replies. Been watching almost every game there is. A little disappointed by the last jazz-game. Tatum looks a talent!
Will catch the games this night.

Hoping for someone else winning other than Warriors this year, but they looks like the best team. Cavs probably the closest like earlier.
Would love to see Celtics, but I don´t know how strong they are. Must be awesome to livebet on BB, hehe.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4650 on: May 5, 2018, 09:29:08 pm »
76ers Celtics promises to be a great game in 30 mins

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4651 on: May 6, 2018, 12:29:55 am »
And it is, and Brad Stevens is a fucking brilliant coach, what he can do next year win a healthy Kyrie and Hayward is mouthwatering for the Celtics fans

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: May 6, 2018, 12:30:23 am »
Overtime!! And philly with the confetti there :lmao

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4653 on: May 6, 2018, 12:58:17 am »
Crazy win in OT for Boston!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4654 on: May 6, 2018, 02:39:32 am »
Shame Kyrie is injured, as I would see Boston beating the Cavs in the ECF.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4655 on: May 6, 2018, 06:55:02 am »
Shame Kyrie is injured, as I would see Boston beating the Cavs in the ECF.
Stop......

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4656 on: May 6, 2018, 09:15:44 am »
Fell asleep at HT after watching first half of 76ers-Celtics. They made a good run to finish the half and I was sure they would win comfortably but I guess inexperience hit them bad.

Looking more and more like Celtics-Cavs ECF with both sweeping in semi’s.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4657 on: May 6, 2018, 09:18:35 am »
LeBron is averaging 34.8 PPG, 8.8 assists and 9.5 boards in the post-season so far and it doesn't even feel like he's emptied the tank yet. When the Cavs are overmatched against GS we could see some truly monster games.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4658 on: May 6, 2018, 09:32:16 am »
If you don't think LeBron is at least the equal of Jordan then you're a bum whose opinion on everything is bad.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4659 on: May 6, 2018, 11:17:52 am »
If you don't think LeBron is at least the equal of Jordan then you're a bum whose opinion on everything is bad.
3-5 vs 6-0 is why people don’t put lebron on Jordan’s level

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4660 on: May 6, 2018, 11:25:22 am »
I don’t think name calling is necessary when comparing the two greats but what i have a problem with is people actinf like it’s not even a comparison because of number of rings or people disrespecting Lebron just because he hasn’t played in the past.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4661 on: May 6, 2018, 12:31:53 pm »
Stop......

err stop what? Boston are a better side than the Pacers with Kyrie, and in all honestly the Pacers should have won that series, beating the Cavs is not impossible, that's only the case if you're Toronto.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: May 6, 2018, 01:39:07 pm »
The way Brad Stevens has us defending the 3, I’d say we’d have given the warriors a run for their money with a fully fit Kyrie and Hayward. Be interesting to see what happens with Rozier this summer, think he’s shown since Kyrie’s injury he’s a starting point guard in the NBA.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4663 on: May 6, 2018, 02:03:11 pm »
I will go ahead and say something controversial. If I was Ainge, I would try to trade Kyrie for Cousins. They clearly do not lack the PG position as Rozier showed. Although Kyrie is better especially in terms of passing. But if they get Cousins and healthy Hayward and the current squad, boy they are clearly contender.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4664 on: May 6, 2018, 02:23:12 pm »
I will go ahead and say something controversial. If I was Ainge, I would try to trade Kyrie for Cousins. They clearly do not lack the PG position as Rozier showed. Although Kyrie is better especially in terms of passing. But if they get Cousins and healthy Hayward and the current squad, boy they are clearly contender.
wouldnt do it for cousins, Kawhi on the other hand, salaries match and all

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: May 6, 2018, 02:25:14 pm »

Nah, Cousins isn't going to propel them into a higher level more than Kyrie.

The only trade I would make is for Kawhi, and as a Spurs fan ,if it comes to that, I would only trade with Boston [I'd want Tatum,Brown,Rozier in return]

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4666 on: May 6, 2018, 03:28:00 pm »

And why people think David May is better than Gerrard?

I'm not arsed myself, but I thing bringing up team titles when discussing individual greatness is a bit daft.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4667 on: May 6, 2018, 04:40:53 pm »
err stop what? Boston are a better side than the Pacers with Kyrie, and in all honestly the Pacers should have won that series, beating the Cavs is not impossible, that's only the case if you're Toronto.
Cav beat them in regular season, I have no doubt Cavs will beat Celtic.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4668 on: May 6, 2018, 04:42:20 pm »
Fletcher better than Gerrard then? Individually he’s better than Jordan and if you speaking of titles then MJ not the best it’s that simple, don’t move the goal post.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4669 on: May 6, 2018, 06:24:51 pm »
Cav beat them in regular season, I have no doubt Cavs will beat Celtic.

Who cares about the regular season? I didn't say the Celtics would beat the Cavs now, if they had Kyrie, I would see them beating them

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #4670 on: May 6, 2018, 06:41:18 pm »
You're a disgrace Raps. Should have given their place to Indy for another series of games.

I agree. So tired of this team collapsing, every single year.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4671 on: May 6, 2018, 07:46:24 pm »
Who cares about the regular season? I didn't say the Celtics would beat the Cavs now, if they had Kyrie, I would see them beating them
They didn't with him that's the point.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4672 on: May 6, 2018, 07:54:33 pm »
Fletcher better than Gerrard then? Individually he’s better than Jordan and if you speaking of titles then MJ not the best it’s that simple, don’t move the goal post.
yes because Darren Fletcher was the main man and he was the reason why they won all that wasn’t he::)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4673 on: May 6, 2018, 08:06:00 pm »
They didn't with him that's the point.

regular season doesn't really matter in the playoffs. Otherwise the Raptors wouldn't be struggling right now

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4674 on: May 6, 2018, 10:36:03 pm »

Pre-injury, Cousins would have been a great choice for Boston. 28 in August though so there’s a chance he might not fully recover from that injury, so I think it would be a gamble trading Kyrie. Honestly though, I remember watching the Pelicans a week or two before Cousins got injured and thought fuck, if you threw LeBron into that team they’d literally be unstoppable! Obviously never going to happen but was more of a fantasy team type moment  ;D

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4675 on: May 7, 2018, 04:23:03 am »
Jazz look like going out in 5, shame to see it fizzle out like that. Doesn't help that for the second season running, the starting PG has been injured in the first round & missed the second... but both the Warriors last year and the Rockets this year are just a bit too good.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4676 on: May 7, 2018, 08:16:12 am »
wouldnt do it for cousins, Kawhi on the other hand, salaries match and all
Nah, Cousins isn't going to propel them into a higher level more than Kyrie.

The only trade I would make is for Kawhi, and as a Spurs fan ,if it comes to that, I would only trade with Boston [I'd want Tatum,Brown,Rozier in return]

Kawhi and Cousins both have questionmarks over their health plus Kawhi now has that D Rose syndrome, not playing when he has been cleared for over 6 months.
By the way, don’t they have Hayward as SF, why would they get Kawhi anyways? Unless Smart will go to bench and Hayward could play SG. I just think Baynes to Cousins would do wonders for them.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4677 on: May 7, 2018, 08:17:37 am »
Jazz look like going out in 5, shame to see it fizzle out like that. Doesn't help that for the second season running, the starting PG has been injured in the first round & missed the second... but both the Warriors last year and the Rockets this year are just a bit too good.
They overachieved for sure, noone marked them down for making the play-off’s after losing Hayward. Definitely not after losing Gobert to injury. On top of that they kicked out OKC.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4678 on: May 7, 2018, 04:40:01 pm »
Report: Spurs looking to trade Kawhi this summer

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-peter-vecsey-gregg-popovich-nba-injuries/

The San Antonio Spurs are “done” with star small forward Kawhi Leonard and will look to trade him this offseason, according to Hall-of-Fame basketball writer Peter Vecsey on his Patreon page.

The well-connected Vecsey cited a source who said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich didn’t even want Leonard attending practices.

“Keep him away from us,” Popovich would say, via Vecsey’s source. Apparently, Leonard’s uncle had been “poisoning (Leonard’s) mind against everyone.”

According to Vecsey, Leonard’s uncle “convinced Kawhi the Spurs’ medical staff were more concerned with the team’s best interests, not his.”

Meanwhile, an opposing Western Conference executive told Vecsey that “San Antonio’s hoary Holy Grail has lost its luster. I’m convinced Kawhi will be traded, but it’ll be to an Eastern team.”

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4679 on: May 7, 2018, 04:42:29 pm »
yes because Darren Fletcher was the main man and he was the reason why they won all that wasn’t he::)
It's not 100m mate it's a team game, you forgetting all the time MJ didn't make the finals? or does he get a pass?

I remember people saying LBJ not got clutch now he showing he always has, they moved it to well we talking about finals.

As i said keep moving goals post, James is overall better player than MJ.

Could your name be Skipppppppppp by any chances?
« Last Edit: May 7, 2018, 05:28:24 pm by lorenzo »