Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 428514 times)

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #4240 on: May 9, 2012, 03:49:55 am »
Played boss tonight. Moved the ball around quick. There's no doubt he shines when we play a quick tempo game.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4241 on: May 9, 2012, 04:45:12 am »
...and Henderson Currrrls it into the bottom corner cool as fuck and says, yeah, i meant that, motherfucker. I meant that. uh-huh.

;D

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kopite_sg8

• Anny Roader
  • year-zero, clean slate blah blah blah ..
« Reply #4242 on: May 9, 2012, 04:54:48 am »
...and Henderson Currrrls it into the bottom corner cool as fuck and says, yeah, i meant that, motherfucker. I meant that. uh-huh.

;D

;D
somewhere between a 'fsg-apologist' and a 'superfan'.

Offline imnofreak

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4243 on: May 9, 2012, 04:59:02 am »
When we play 1 touch football he looks superb... his ability to keep the ball ticking over accurately, and his awareness of the players around him in central areas is great. A few times he'd run beyond Suarez/Carroll and just play neat little one-twos with them and totally open the defence.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4244 on: May 9, 2012, 05:00:36 am »
Played boss tonight. Moved the ball around quick. There's no doubt he shines when we play a quick tempo game.

or when he scores a goal, ITS ALL IN HIS HEAD ;) , i think if you had Shelveys confidence in Hendersons Head you would have a cracking player.

Offline olihaukur

• Main Stander
  • Ordinarily special
« Reply #4245 on: May 9, 2012, 05:27:38 am »
He was great tonight and took his goal brilliantly. Quite Gerrard-esque finish from him when he got his goal. You could just see how much his confidence grew after he got his goal, he got so cockey it was great to see.

Fully deserving the the prize for "the best young player" at the club this season. He suffered through some difficult period but did well to work hard and get through it all. His performances have really grown for the past few months. Hopefully that goal will give him an extra confidence boost before our final game of the season.
@olafur_tomasson

"At Liverpool we never accept second best" - King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4246 on: May 9, 2012, 05:29:16 am »
That was a calm finish. 

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #4247 on: May 9, 2012, 05:39:35 am »

Had to stop in here to throw out some praise, since he's been taking a bit of a whipping of late. Took his goal well, and just for a split second I though... He's gonna miss this. He still had a good amount of work to do for that finish and he nailed it and ran off to bask in the glorious renditions of John Terry's Ma. (she loves a scouse cock don't you know?)

Incidentally, I literally can NOT stand to look at Frank Lampards smug fucking face anymore. He makes my blood boil. Anone else feel the same?

*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #4248 on: May 9, 2012, 05:49:13 am »
Credit where its due , slick performance from Henderson. Many more of these consistently and i will be enjoying my kief laced lemon flavoured humble pie.

Well played son , well played.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Jimmy Two Times

• Two Times. A good fella. RAWK Cricket ODI Draft champion
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4249 on: May 9, 2012, 05:54:33 am »
He really was excellent last night. There was a moment when he won the ball off a Chelsea player (don't remember who) and started a quick counter. He is a very intelligent player, and seems to thrive in a quick tempo game - the sort which Gerrard, Suarez and Maxi seem to prefer. Hope to see him kick on and be more confident in his abilities next season. Definitely has it all in his locker, just needs help unlocking, and we have the right man in charge to do that.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4250 on: May 9, 2012, 06:02:45 am »
Played well.  Took the goal very well.  I like the way he always seems to pass the ball into the net.  He could become a very good player for us.  Lets hope he continues to improve.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4251 on: May 9, 2012, 06:32:44 am »
Yeah he was alright but rawk told me he had no visible talent, right?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4252 on: May 9, 2012, 06:49:21 am »
He had a good game - keep on telling you all that that is his best position.

However lets not go OTT. I knew that as soon as he score some would be on here:

'look he is amazing - look if you can't see the talent blah, blah, blah'

The fact is he has been woeful this season and only play well in about 3-4 games all season.

If he wants to stay a Liverpool player he needs to vastly improve and if you say he doesn't then you're just on here to score points.

Liverpool FC needs better.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4253 on: May 9, 2012, 07:10:05 am »
Game of  the season for him no doubt, composed in front of goal, bossing the midfield and keeping the ball moving. Hopefully he puts in a few more like that and we could definitely have a player on our hands. Thought he did well with Shelvy next to him.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4254 on: May 9, 2012, 07:19:02 am »
Lovely finish (in very favourable conditions mind: Cheers Mongo, you retarded sociopathic fucking fascist c*nt). Tidy play in the middle of the park (again during favourable conditions) and showed a variety of qualities which mark him as a potential star for us there. Lovely to watch.

His best game for the club and a good sign that he is both learning and committed to improving. Well in Jordan.

royhendo

« Reply #4255 on: May 9, 2012, 07:22:42 am »
Stop bickering please (evidence of bickering now removed).

If you're annoyed with that (having posts deleted) by all means pm me, but you're both good posters and contrary to popular belief, the site wants to hold on to, and treasure, its good posters.

Just like LFC with Jordan. :)

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4256 on: May 9, 2012, 07:22:58 am »
Credit where its due , slick performance from Henderson. Many more of these consistently and i will be enjoying my kief laced lemon flavoured humble pie.

Well played son , well played.

Young players who show promise need time and experience to produce impressive performances more consistently.

That is all.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #4257 on: May 9, 2012, 07:23:31 am »
Stop bickering please (evidence of bickering now removed).

If you're annoyed with that (having posts deleted) by all means pm me, but you're both good posters and contrary to popular belief, the site wants to hold on to, and treasure, its good posters.

Just like LFC with Jordan. :)

Sorry mate , just saw this.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

royhendo

« Reply #4258 on: May 9, 2012, 07:27:35 am »
Sorry mate , just saw this.

No sweat mate! :)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #4259 on: May 9, 2012, 07:38:10 am »
He is a good footballer who could mature and grow to be a very good footballer.

Genuinely can't see how some people can't see it. It used to be the same with Lucas. Trawl those threads a good few years ago and the similarities are startling.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4260 on: May 9, 2012, 08:00:12 am »
Played really well last night, especially for his goal which he began from the back, than ran fifty yards up to collect the ball, albeit he had a little help from John Terry's slip, but he still had to finish the chance and he did it superbly. Says a lot about playing players in their rightful positions.

Another thing, the likes of Gerrard and Adam, could learn a thing or two from his displays along with Jonjo in midfield, particularly discipline, workrate and providing defensive cover.

Lucas-Hendo-Jonjo is a midfield worth waiting for.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4261 on: May 9, 2012, 08:02:07 am »
He is a good footballer who could mature and grow to be a very good footballer.

Genuinely can't see how some people can't see it. It used to be the same with Lucas. Trawl those threads a good few years ago and the similarities are startling.

The parallels are there for all to see.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #4262 on: May 9, 2012, 09:04:28 am »
I think some don't understand how good that finish was.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4263 on: May 9, 2012, 09:07:40 am »
Give the lad time stay off his back and the lad will grow into this team and be first on the teamsheet, lovely finish and great energy and passing game, he is a good young talent
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: May 9, 2012, 09:11:50 am »
I think some don't understand how good that finish was.

Especially in the context of the season he has had, admitting himself he has underperformed, then to coolly slot it home like that in front of an Anfield crowd willing him on - beautiful!

Redemption, Henderson is thy name.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4265 on: May 9, 2012, 09:18:07 am »
He is going to become a great player.  With his intelligence he is already probably our best option as the holding player after Lucas.  Needs to improve his tackling but you can see he is trying the Lucas trick of nicking the ball off the toes its just that he does not have the conviction of Lucas in doing it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4266 on: May 9, 2012, 09:21:54 am »
Looks like a good player. Plenty have been saying that all year. He's had to play too many games this year and its not his fault arguably we need a Cheik Tiote / old Essien style player to give our midfield more bite, with or without Lucas.

At Anfield next year especially I'd look forward to him playing with Lucas in a fast moving, fast passing midfield.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: May 9, 2012, 09:28:11 am »
Said it some months back but a midfield three of Lucas, Hendo and Shelvey makes me moist.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4268 on: May 9, 2012, 09:29:33 am »
He always puts a decent shift in, and last night was no exception. I'm glad to see him get his just reward.

However, I would say that last night proved to me that a number of players must have struggled with the pressure throughout the season and I think Hendo is one of them. This is something that can improve with experience, but also something that will improve if we give him vocal support at the ground.

He's proven to me that he's got the talent to be a very good player here, next season lets give him the support he deserves.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #4269 on: May 9, 2012, 09:29:34 am »
Is Golden Samba not player of the season or does it mean something else?
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4270 on: May 9, 2012, 09:41:20 am »
Vs West Brom he got unlucky hitting the bar but tonight he got lucky with Terry slipping and took his chance well. Hopefully next season he improves a lot as I still don't think he has been up to his standards this season.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #4271 on: May 9, 2012, 09:47:30 am »
Is Golden Samba not player of the season or does it mean something else?

Henderson got the Young Golden Samba(Skrtel with the senior one)

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4272 on: May 9, 2012, 10:06:49 am »
While it was maybe his best game so far he's had quite a few really good performances albeit without a goal.

Just hope everyone cuts him some slack when he has a dip as he's bound to be inconsistent due to his age.

Not the full Chelsea team last night but it still had 8 internationals starting and we bossed there midfield with two kids, futures looking promising.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4273 on: May 9, 2012, 10:19:17 am »
The goal was the most obvious case in point but last night he made loads of intelligent off the ball runs, sometimes missed by the other players. He’s definitely strongest in a midfield 3 where he then has license to make those bursts forward.

Rhi – I know what you mean about his tackling style and trying to nick possession rather than just clatter the ball away. I still think Lucas relishes the tackles more though but then that’s something that took him a bit of time to discover too so hopefully Henderson can continue to improve in that area.

This isn’t meant as a slight against Henderson, more a general point about midfield but I still think one powerful central midfielder will be a great help to us next season. That said, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvery certainly seems as though it would have a nice balance about it.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4274 on: May 9, 2012, 10:46:18 am »
This isn’t meant as a slight against Henderson, more a general point about midfield but I still think one powerful central midfielder will be a great help to us next season. That said, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvery certainly seems as though it would have a nice balance about it.
Agreed on both points.

Henderson had a good game, and from the start I've seen that the talent is there, but I think we've relied on him too much this season. Being young, and seemingly not the most confident player, he's struggled to handle the pressure. Next season he should have adapted better I hope, but I still believe we need another player to help out in central midfield. Ideally, someone who can play both with and without Lucas and not struggle as much as the rest do when we're without our Brazilian midfielder. Players that can be both box-to-box and a holding midfielder with similar effect are rare though, so we'll probably buy a defensive midfielder only. Which means Lucas (one of those rare players mentioned above) will be moved further forward at times, and be that player who takes the pressure off Henderson. I prefer to keep Lucas as the holding midfielder, as I think he's brilliant there, but buying a DM to free him up somewhat, seems like the easiest solution right now. 

Where we usually play Shelvey, I think we're set though. Him and Gerrard should be enough already, especially if we continue to play a 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1 if you will) at times, with both Suarez and Carroll used through the centre of the pitch.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4275 on: May 9, 2012, 10:55:02 am »
The goal was the most obvious case in point but last night he made loads of intelligent off the ball runs, sometimes missed by the other players. He’s definitely strongest in a midfield 3 where he then has license to make those bursts forward.

Rhi – I know what you mean about his tackling style and trying to nick possession rather than just clatter the ball away. I still think Lucas relishes the tackles more though but then that’s something that took him a bit of time to discover too so hopefully Henderson can continue to improve in that area.

Problem with Henderson is he lacks bottle - when someone lacks bottle and confindence then when it counts you will always get below average game.

Talk of lucus, Henderson and shelvey is just crazy - we need a powerful CM that has confidence.

Being a tidy player isn't a enough - for Henderson to improve he needs to work of off the field stuff rather than on the field stuff.

Offline bravarado7

• Anny Roader
  • Getting started. Aim to keep going.
« Reply #4276 on: May 9, 2012, 11:00:06 am »
Problem with Henderson is he lacks bottle - when someone lacks bottle and confindence then when it counts you will always get below average game.

Talk of lucus, Henderson and shelvey is just crazy - we need a powerful CM that has confidence.

Being a tidy player isn't a enough - for Henderson to improve he needs to work of off the field stuff rather than on the field stuff.

Agreed he lacks a little in confidence but he is just 21. If you look closely he has been played on the right many times which has hindered his growth as a CM . The abilities he has on offer are pefect for a high-tempo one touch slick passing which Liverpool Football Club wants to follow. This year will go a long way in helping him and the award he won last night will make him feel wanted by the fans next year .

Also, please wait till Lucas Leiva returns. A technically less gifted player like Spearing ( no dig on him ) looked at beach , not even hom, when playing beside Lucas.
Law of the Premier League: The Sum of Hypocrisy, Selfishness, C***tism and Double Standards is equal to the product of FA, Media, SAF, Howard Webb and Patrice Evra.

Online Dowahwiddy

• diddy doo diddy dey do doh dondey doh
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4277 on: May 9, 2012, 11:01:19 am »
Loved his reaction to scoring the goal,looked like it meant alot to him and it was well deserved. To me it seems like the lad lacks confidence and feels like he has justify his alleged price tag. He is beginning to look more comfortable and Im sure that with a good pre-season he will be a better player next year. The lad has a good engine,and his vision is also good. Alot of his work takes place off the ball and I forget the number of times hes made well timed runs towards the opponents area only for the ball to never get anywhere near him. With another player in midfield who can look up and see his movement early he would become far more  effective in the attacking third of the field and would add another option in attack. Overall a difficult season for the lad with plenty of our own fans getting on his back aswel as some games where he just looked like he wanted to hide but definitely someone who with a bit of confidence has all the attributes to be a top top player for us.

« Reply #4278 on: May 9, 2012, 11:01:34 am »
He had a good game - keep on telling you all that that is his best position.

However lets not go OTT. I knew that as soon as he score some would be on here:

'look he is amazing - look if you can't see the talent blah, blah, blah'

The fact is he has been woeful this season and only play well in about 3-4 games all season.

If he wants to stay a Liverpool player he needs to vastly improve and if you say he doesn't then you're just on here to score points.

Liverpool FC needs better.
He's only played 5 or 6 games in CM maybe that has something to do with it?

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #4279 on: May 9, 2012, 11:01:40 am »
Not the full Chelsea team last night but it still had 8 internationals starting and we bossed there midfield with two kids, futures looking promising.

Aye, you know times are tough when you can only bring on an £18m striker to replace your £50m #9.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.