Author Topic: League Cup: 5 Liverpool v West Ham 1 Dom 27, Jones 55 84, Gakpo 71 Mo 83  (Read 14177 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: League Cup: 5 Liverpool v West Ham 1 Dom 27, Jones 55 84, Gakpo 71 Mo 83
« Reply #400 on: December 21, 2023, 10:42:41 am »
For what? Being angry about our finishing on Sunday?

You a superfan then? See woeful shite like we played up front and still come out waving flags and yaying?

We were shite on Sunday. If you don't understand the point I'm making then fine, but shut up mate - you wank over shite finishing, I'll be annoyed about it - we should have finished the game off Sunday against a terrible, terrible side and we had more than fucking 30 chances to do so - if we were in any way as clinical as we were last night, we could and should have had a hatful and been top of the league.
If we had just managed to get the breakthrough against United like we did last night I think we would have put a few past them. But just wasn't quite sharp enough, we did have a couple give and go situations like Jones first goal but final ball was sloppy, and they grew in confidence with their defending (and us the reverse), gave us very little, unlike West Ham's defending last night in that second half which was pretty abysmal at times

Games against United happen and we all know we're far from a finished article so it didn't really upset me too much to be honest.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 10:45:56 am by B0151? »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #401 on: December 21, 2023, 10:46:41 am »
How about you stop dismissively calling people you argue with, 'kid'?  It's really condescending and you can argue points without resorting to that.

Seems deserved to me.

I said "Enjoyed the win" and had a bit of a rant about Sundays pathetic finishing.

He said "If you don't like us winning, stop coming in here and telling us how pissed off you are."

Good result last night, if we'd replicated any of that on Sunday we'd be top of the league.

Sorry for being pissed off about a massive opportunity thrown away.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #402 on: December 21, 2023, 10:47:43 am »
Sorry for being pissed off about a massive opportunity thrown away.

Moaning about another game after we've just tonked a team 5-1?  You do you, kid.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #403 on: December 21, 2023, 10:48:56 am »
If we had just managed to get the breakthrough against United like we did last night I think we would have put a few past them. But just wasn't quite sharp enough, we did have a couple give and go situations like Jones first goal but final ball was sloppy, and they grew in confidence with their defending (and us the reverse), gave us very little, unlike West Ham's defending last night in that second half which was pretty abysmal at times

Games against United happen and we all know we're far from a finished article so it didn't really upset me too much to be honest.

Fair points, but I'd just got back from the game and am always angry when we don't beat the Mancs.

Especially against literally the worst Manc side I've seen us play since probably the 80s.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #404 on: December 21, 2023, 10:49:51 am »
Moaning about another game after we've just tonked a team 5-1?  You do you, kid.

I'm made up you called me kid. I wish I was one. That would be great, Ted.

One day you're 15, the next day you're drawing your pension.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2023, 11:40:55 am »
I thought the first half was really frustrating, lots of times we got into a promising situation, only for someone to lamp a shot wide from 30 yards and blow it. Then of course Dom buries one in the bottom corner and we pick them apart from there.

It's no wonder Nunez has been struggling to get shots off the last few matches, every run Gakpo made was ignored for most of the game, then Trent decides to pass instead of shoot and both he and Nunez nearly get a tap in.

Made up for the other scouser in the team, it feels like he's always an average performance away from getting lambasted by some, that game should keep them quiet for a couple of weeks at least.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #406 on: December 21, 2023, 12:04:33 pm »
Hope that nickname doesn't dog him throughout his career

Fair  ;D
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: December 21, 2023, 12:16:07 pm »
Doesn't everyone wish they'd have woke up on Monday morning after the Utd game like they did this morning after that WHU game.
I think Andy is right about the contrast in emotions :)

That failure to break through Utd did my swede in.

We were a far more stylish and thoroughly capable side last night imo.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2023, 12:24:52 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1HVnsVtrfp/

The guy in the wheelchair setting off in celebration  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2023, 12:58:43 pm »
One gripe - There was a sequence in the first half - Nunez has the ball in the box and Kostas is standing to his side - 2 yards away. He doesn't make any move and just watches nunez for 5 seconds. Nunez - lacking confidence - doesn't take on the defender - and then passes the ball away.

It was a weird sequence. I was simultaneously yelling for Nunez to take on the man and for Kostas to do something/anything to create space.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: December 21, 2023, 02:30:34 pm »
Having read some of the comments on their forums regarding "victims" and "bin dippers", I'm ecstatic that we absolutely mullered them.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #411 on: December 21, 2023, 03:49:55 pm »
One gripe - There was a sequence in the first half - Nunez has the ball in the box and Kostas is standing to his side - 2 yards away. He doesn't make any move and just watches nunez for 5 seconds. Nunez - lacking confidence - doesn't take on the defender - and then passes the ball away.

It was a weird sequence. I was simultaneously yelling for Nunez to take on the man and for Kostas to do something/anything to create space.

Where is this "lacking confidence" thing coming from? He certainly isn't playing like he's lacking confidence.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #412 on: December 21, 2023, 05:24:24 pm »
Fantastic game last night

People say these games are not a primary focus with us witting good in the league but that was the absolute perfect tonic before the weekend's game.

Everyone was deflated after the United game, myself included.....and the style we played, the goals...not to mention who scored them was just what we needed to snap out of a funk we've been in a while. We've not been playing that great and that yesterday was more like it

Looking forward to saturday now, bring them on

Curtis  8)
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #413 on: December 21, 2023, 05:59:46 pm »
I bet we earned at least £40 last night from those stingy bastards at the Carabao. When you look at the income potential of a Wembley Final (average £40 ticket say, makes over £3.5 million if near capacity, renting it is about 10% of that gross), I can't get my head around them only paying out £150k to the finalists between them. The only way this is acceptable is if the money is fed back in to the lower leagues or grassroots in a transparent way.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 06:40:01 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: December 21, 2023, 07:06:51 pm »
Doesn't everyone wish they'd have woke up on Monday morning after the Utd game like they did this morning after that WHU game.

Sometimes it's the reaction to not playing well which sparks you into life. A proper buzz came from the West Ham game, you could see the players loosen up, start to enjoy their football, need to keep riding that to the title and some trophies.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #415 on: December 21, 2023, 07:09:17 pm »

Fucking hell John lad, you woke up thinking of Andy.

You need a break mate.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: December 21, 2023, 07:56:13 pm »
Fucking hell John lad, you woke up thinking of Andy.
You need a break mate.
You're just jel.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #417 on: December 21, 2023, 08:05:18 pm »
You're just jel.

You tell him, hun x :D

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: December 21, 2023, 08:24:31 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1HVnsVtrfp/

The guy in the wheelchair setting off in celebration  ;D

A victory twirl.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: December 21, 2023, 08:29:05 pm »
I bet we earned at least £40 last night from those stingy bastards at the Carabao. When you look at the income potential of a Wembley Final (average £40 ticket say, makes over £3.5 million if near capacity, renting it is about 10% of that gross), I can't get my head around them only paying out £150k to the finalists between them. The only way this is acceptable is if the money is fed back in to the lower leagues or grassroots in a transparent way.

Does my head in too. I don't mind money being invested in the lower leagues, but even the FA Cup prize money is £3m for the winner. £100k for the League Cup winners will barely cover Salah's 90 minutes on the pitch. Little wonder the big clubs aren't arsed with it anymore. Hasn't even increased in line with inflation.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #420 on: December 21, 2023, 09:01:16 pm »
Apologies for moaning as well

Great win last night, loads of stuff going on at the moment and venting about the match is something...

... anyway.

Up the Mighty Reds!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #421 on: December 21, 2023, 10:33:20 pm »
That game has fucking pissed me off in more ways than  I  can even type.

If we could have done 1/10th of that on Sunday we would have won 5-0

Enjoyed the win, but fuck football

Fuck off.
Expressed the same earlier. Where was this performance when we really needed it?
I'll take the win... I'm just still not happy.

Its going to be a long time before I can get over Sunday. The biggest disappointment in a long time so far.
Well done... but just not good enough.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #422 on: December 21, 2023, 10:38:09 pm »
Thought Elliot was magnificent last night. He was popping up everywhere and the one who was pulling all the strings. What a talent he is!

Made up for Jones too - his 2nd goal was absolutely class!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Bob in Sydney

• Main Stander
  • 'Half a football team compared to the boys in red
« Reply #423 on: December 22, 2023, 08:11:46 am »

That's not quite what the comp is worth to LFC...

See here the way teams are rewarded round by round https://sportsjournal.io/carabao-efl-cup-revenue-distribution/

(note Games at Anfield generate around 3 million pounds and the clubs each get 45% of the each home and away game revenue (FA gets 10%) - see here for more details - https://sqaf.club/premier-league-clubs-matchday-income/)

Each finalist gets 45% of the Wembley final ticket sales revenue. Which approximately is just over £1 million.

So, not quite the FA cup or European comp revenue but it's still worth a few quid, gives our squad chance to get competitive game time and I love it EVERY time we win silverware!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: December 22, 2023, 09:00:54 am »
We started well but still seemed quite abject in the final third - felt like a hangover from the United game.

We dominated of course but the second half was where we saw some outstanding football.

I think the team for Arsenal picks itself based on availability and performances: Becker, Trent, Konate, VVD, Tsmikias, Curtis, Dominic, Elliot, Mo, Gakpo, Diaz.

I'd have Nunez on at 70 as an impact sub. He might start Endo over Elliot which I'd be fine with.

Id go Alisson, Gomez, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Trent, Szoboszlai, Jones, Salah, Nunez, Gakpo.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #425 on: December 22, 2023, 10:31:14 am »
Id go Alisson, Gomez, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Trent, Szoboszlai, Jones, Salah, Nunez, Gakpo.

Agree with that line up.  I'd maybe even go a little crazy and play Salah central with Elliott on the right.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: December 22, 2023, 10:53:48 am »
Really think Gomez should be RB up against Martenelli. He will beat Trent easy 1v1.

The only thing its a huge game to put Trent starting as a #6

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #427 on: December 22, 2023, 10:54:30 am »
Expressed the same earlier. Where was this performance when we really needed it?

Its going to be a long time before I can get over Sunday. The biggest disappointment in a long time so far.

Spoilt brat

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #428 on: December 22, 2023, 11:32:57 am »

Beating Arsenal and going top tomorrow would do I would have thought!

Tbf, it was only really when we got the second that our football improved and reach an extremely high level against West Ham. The energy and application were spot on throughout but we still needed a fabulous strike to break the deadlock rather than incisive play.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #429 on: December 22, 2023, 12:43:06 pm »

Yes I would go for that too

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #430 on: December 23, 2023, 07:36:26 am »
Spoilt brat
Spoilt brat
Perhaps, but I don't see it that way mate.
I rarely complain and you'll see me understand when we're in a difficult period... but something about Sunday's pissed me off like no other in the past few seasons.

Even that 7-2 against Villa wasn't as bad- and I fully understood the 7-2, I had no issues with it. I took my beating and then took my medicine and tended to you lot, but fucking Sunday- there is just something about it that  :no.

Anyway, its prolly time I moved on.
Beating Arsenal and going top tomorrow would do I would have thought!

Tbf, it was only really when we got the second that our football improved and reach an extremely high level against West Ham. The energy and application were spot on throughout but we still needed a fabulous strike to break the deadlock rather than incisive play.
I'll be elated, but I can't help feeling conflicted over Sunday. If I had hemorrhoids, they'd prolly be agitated whenever I think about it.
Anyway, its a home game, but Arsenal's a bit tricky..

They're basically at full strength with only Partey and Tomiyasu out, so we're going to have to be at our very best. I'm sure the boys will want to put the United fiasco behind them.

I feel Endo will be very important in this game as someone has to marshal Rice.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 07:48:25 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #431 on: December 23, 2023, 10:04:03 am »
Nobody here thinks that Jarrod Bowen is a good player? I think he's going to do well in future.

Great performance last night from him, personally I feel. His goal is awesome.

If he was 22 or 23 then we should be all over him. Problem is he's already 27 so we'd be paying a fortune for a player who probably isn't going to improve significantly and would be nearing the end of his peak by the end of his first contract.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #432 on: December 23, 2023, 10:20:33 am »
If he was 22 or 23 then we should be all over him. Problem is he's already 27 so we'd be paying a fortune for a player who probably isn't going to improve significantly and would be nearing the end of his peak by the end of his first contract.

He’s at the end of his peak now to be fair. 27 is statistically close to the end of the peak for attacking midfielders these days unless you’re a big outlier …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.