Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 195755 times)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #1440 on: January 30, 2021, 07:53:05 pm »
Anything with an American superstar being "ironic" and deigning to sprinkle their stardust on us grateful Brits.

DeNiro, Schwimmer, Owen Wilson, Snoogy fucking knobhead.

Self absorbed shite.

I hope Pesci gives him pelters every morning for that advert.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1441 on: January 30, 2021, 09:34:55 pm »
Sick to death of someone trying to flog me a mattress topper.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1442 on: January 30, 2021, 11:38:00 pm »
Got to be honest here mate; they're great  :D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1443 on: January 31, 2021, 01:34:58 pm »

Stay off OnlyFans then.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: February 3, 2021, 07:12:42 pm »
Add Harvey Keitel to your list.

Not to mention Kevin Bacon.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #1445 on: February 3, 2021, 09:20:37 pm »
Not to mention Kevin Bacon.

I quite liked the Ryan Reynolds ones for BT a couple of years ago where he's bought a country estate.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1446 on: February 3, 2021, 11:16:42 pm »
Nationwide are back with a new one unfortunately, this time it's a bloke delivering a complicated but ultimately boring as fuck monologue.

I've already agreed with this one in the thread, but the dislike of it has escalated in ours.

As soon as it comes on the telly I have to dive for the remote and change channels before Mrs. Spion lashes her cup of tea at the screen.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: February 4, 2021, 10:07:40 am »
lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes the fat fuck trying to flog shite equity release. You're a fucking millionaire, do you really need to make money advertising things that fuck people financially?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1448 on: February 4, 2021, 12:28:32 pm »
Tesco's vegan advert with the young girl...

“Daddy I don't want to eat animals anymore”

:no

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1449 on: February 4, 2021, 12:51:55 pm »
lardy-arsed cockwomble, lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes the fat fuck trying to flog shite equity release. You're a fucking millionaire, do you really need to make money advertising things that fuck people financially?

Him and Vorderman need publicly flogging.

Media whore vermin they are. :no

Sat in his Surrey mansion with his daft wife, gorging on foie gras and chips, just as 66-year-old retired factory worker Eric from Gateshead hands over his family home to a bunch of dirty fucking shysters based out of a rented office in Canary Wharf.

People moan about gambling ads but these are much worse IMO.

Despise the very ground Eamon Holmes walks on.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: February 4, 2021, 01:30:35 pm »
I've already agreed with this one in the thread, but the dislike of it has escalated in ours.

As soon as it comes on the telly I have to dive for the remote and change channels before Mrs. Spion lashes her cup of tea at the screen.

Same in our house, I think he was used in a Nationwide advert before because as soon as he came on the missus said not that c*nt again :D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1451 on: February 4, 2021, 01:41:39 pm »
Him and Vorderman need publicly flogging.

Media whore vermin they are. :no

Sat in his Surrey mansion with his daft wife, gorging on foie gras and chips, just as 66-year-old retired factory worker Eric from Gateshead hands over his family home to a bunch of dirty fucking shysters based out of a rented office in Canary Wharf.

People moan about gambling ads but these are much worse IMO.

Despise the very ground Eamon Holmes walks on.

Alternatively known as sink holes

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: February 4, 2021, 03:10:18 pm »
Alternatively known as sink holes

Zilt. You're as miserable as me and Rob

Tell me you hate Eamon Holmes too.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1453 on: February 4, 2021, 03:38:11 pm »

Who doesn’t?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: February 4, 2021, 03:46:15 pm »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1455 on: February 4, 2021, 05:29:11 pm »

Everyone hates Eamon Holmes.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: February 5, 2021, 10:19:58 am »
Everyone hates Eamon Holmes.

Amen to that!!

:)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1457 on: February 5, 2021, 10:35:52 am »

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: February 5, 2021, 04:49:18 pm »
YOU could be her SAVIOUR.

YOU could be THE HELP SHE NEEDS

YOU could save this ENDANGERED UNICORN from EXTINCTION!

By giving JUST £59.99 a month, YOU could end her PAIN.

:wanker

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1459 on: February 8, 2021, 02:50:01 pm »
Has the bottom of the begging barrel been officially scraped?
Just seen an advert for,  and I kid you not, "Save the pangolin."
Fucking hell  >:(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: February 8, 2021, 03:44:03 pm »
Agree with the lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes shouts.....

But the one that has really started to grate is that Wickes one, trying to get people paranoid about the state of their houses when they're on video calls even calling it housebarrassment.

Fuck off. As if people aren't struggling enough, lets make them feel ashamed/guilty if their house isn't perfect when they are either doing their jobs from home, or keeping in contact with people.

Completely cynical advertising.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1461 on: February 8, 2021, 05:13:40 pm »
Agree with the lardy-arsed cockwomble, lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes shouts.....

But the one that has really started to grate is that Wickes one, trying to get people paranoid about the state of their houses when they're on video calls even calling it housebarrassment.

Fuck off. As if people aren't struggling enough, lets make them feel ashamed/guilty if their house isn't perfect when they are either doing their jobs from home, or keeping in contact with people.

Completely cynical advertising.

I'd much rather sit on calls with people who've got messy, lived in homes behind them than those who have cobbled together a load of books they've never even read just to appear intellectual

Online Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: February 9, 2021, 02:12:48 pm »
Might be a controversial one, but the latest Covid awareness piece that's on every ad break. The one with the slow piano music accompanied by close up face shots of healthcare workers.

I don't deny that this is necessary, I don't deny that there are people who can do more to help.

But I find it incredibly patronising that the Government, who have repeatedly failed to take the correct measures to deal with the Pandemic, have released this video telling the general public to "LOOK THESE PEOPLE IN THE EYES".

It's shameful, it's patronising and it's quite frankly disgusting. There are crowds that need to see it to let the message really sink in, but when the ones who hold the power aren't doing all they can, maybe they need to start broadcasting their public-shaming propaganda on the walls of parliament.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: February 9, 2021, 02:37:05 pm »
Might be a controversial one, but the latest Covid awareness piece that's on every ad break. The one with the slow piano music accompanied by close up face shots of healthcare workers.

I don't deny that this is necessary, I don't deny that there are people who can do more to help.

But I find it incredibly patronising that the Government, who have repeatedly failed to take the correct measures to deal with the Pandemic, have released this video telling the general public to "LOOK THESE PEOPLE IN THE EYES".

It's shameful, it's patronising and it's quite frankly disgusting. There are crowds that need to see it to let the message really sink in, but when the ones who hold the power aren't doing all they can, maybe they need to start broadcasting their public-shaming propaganda on the walls of parliament.
I'm sort of with you on this one.

It does stir mixed feelings in me, like it does with you. It's a message that some people still clearly need to take on board, so the thrust of the ad is sound in principle.

Where it falls on its face for me is that the message looks and feels so incredibly incongruent and even insulting when we see it comes from a hopelessly incompetent government who's actions and inactions have contributed to the deaths of thousands of people in this country.

It's them who should be looking into a mirror and asking searching questions of themselves. They should also look into the eyes of the dead, the eyes of the dying, the eyes of the families of those people, the eyes of NHS staff, community care staff and every other person out there risking their necks to help, then ask themselves if they are doing enough.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: February 9, 2021, 02:52:08 pm »

I posted something in the covid thread about this when I saw it. I went mental, the way they are blaming the public. Yes, the public do need to take a share of the blame, too many rule breakers, but its all down to the incompetent shithouse way this shower of c*nts have handled the pandemic. Wouldn't ban household mixing at Christmas as too scared to upset people, how many deaths did that decision lead to, 50k? They've failed the country and the NHS at every step of the way, they are the last ones to be pointing fingers.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2021, 02:58:19 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Online Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1465 on: February 9, 2021, 03:11:51 pm »
I'm sort of with you on this one.

It does stir mixed feelings in me, like it does with you. It's a message that some people still clearly need to take on board, so the thrust of the ad is sound in principle.

Where it falls on its face for me is that the message looks and feels so incredibly incongruent and even insulting when we see it comes from a hopelessly incompetent government who's actions and inactions have contributed to the deaths of thousands of people in this country.

It's them who should be looking into a mirror and asking searching questions of themselves. They should also look into the eyes of the dead, the eyes of the dying, the eyes of the families of those people, the eyes of NHS staff, community care staff and every other person out there risking their necks to help, then ask themselves if they are doing enough.

I posted something in the covid thread about this when I saw it. I went mental, the way they are blaming the public. Yes, the public do need to take a share of the blame, too many rule breakers, but its all down to the incompetent shithouse way this shower of c*nts have handled the pandemic. Wouldn't ban household mixing at Christmas as too scared to upset people, how many deaths did that decision lead to, 50k? They've failed the country and the NHS at every step of the way, they are the last ones to be pointing fingers.

Both spot on and I feel we're far from the only ones who feel this way. Detracts from their own failings and encourages this "Tell on your neighbours" culture. We have a support bubble with a vulnerable individual that we regularly do shopping for as they are unable to leave home, and every time we visit we're left feeling like stone cold killers as people are curtain twitching at the car on the drive.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1466 on: February 9, 2021, 05:27:04 pm »
I can't stand that Mr Kipling one where everyone is horrible to the young lad.

He has to rob a cake and give it to his sister before she gives him a smile.

I know yeh - his sister tells him to get out of her room! At that point I'd stuff the whole cake in my mouth and smile through the crumbs

she's a miserable little get

But they added an ending where, after the lad puts down the cake slice, she gives him a smile that suggests there's something deeper going on. A smile like that given by the Wrigley's Extra dad who's just walked in on a lad trying to get into his daughter's knickers.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1467 on: February 9, 2021, 05:38:20 pm »
I know Go Compare ads are an easy target, but the Go-Compare-bloke-locked-down-at-home ones take them to a whole new universe of inane bollocks
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: February 10, 2021, 12:27:57 am »

But they added an ending where, after the lad puts down the cake slice, she gives him a smile that suggests there's something deeper going on. A smile like that given by the Wrigley's Extra dad who's just walked in on a lad trying to get into his daughter's knickers.
:o

I actually feel less sorry for the lad now, seeing that the character he now plays in Corrie is a twat.  :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: February 10, 2021, 12:40:39 am »
:o

I actually feel less sorry for the lad now, seeing that the character he now plays in Corrie is a twat.  :)

Just watched the vid on YouTube.  Wow its 2018, 3 years old already

And is that young cake thief really Nasty Will out of Corrie?  The little bastard who smashed up the vicars piano a few episodes ago?

Edit: Just seen a comment on the tube vid.  "He just smashed up Billy's Piano!!" :lmao

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: February 10, 2021, 12:51:39 am »
Just watched the vid on YouTube.  Wow its 2018, 3 years old already

And is that young cake thief really Nasty Will out of Corrie?  The little bastard who smashed up the vicars piano a few episodes ago?

Edit: Just seen a comment on the tube vid.  "He just smashed up Billy's Piano!!" :lmao

That's him.

He's dead to me, now he's smashed up Billy's piano.  :no

The girl in that ad (Niamh Blackshaw) is now in Hollyoaks I believe, although I don't watch that, so have never seen her in it.

Wiki says she played someone called Lara Cutler in Corrie for 5 episodes back in 2017 in the Nathan Curtis / Bethany Platt grooming and pimping storyline.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 01:00:19 am by Son of Spion* »

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: February 10, 2021, 07:28:43 am »
That's him.

He's dead to me, now he's smashed up Billy's piano.  :no

The girl in that ad (Niamh Blackshaw) is now in Hollyoaks I believe, although I don't watch that, so have never seen her in it.

Wiki says she played someone called Lara Cutler in Corrie for 5 episodes back in 2017 in the Nathan Curtis / Bethany Platt grooming and pimping storyline.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1472 on: February 10, 2021, 07:33:56 am »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: February 10, 2021, 10:26:21 am »
^ & ^^

Hey you two, don't be projecting your TV viewing habits onto little old me.  :D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1474 on: February 10, 2021, 10:34:20 am »
My missus has just asked why I have a Mr Kipling cake advert on my browser tab? :)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1475 on: February 10, 2021, 10:35:59 am »
My missus has just asked why I have a Mr Kipling cake advert on my browser tab? :)

If that’s the worst she’s asking about you’ve done well Pete.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1476 on: February 10, 2021, 10:45:49 am »
If that’s the worst she’s asking about you’ve done well Pete.
God bless the person who invented 'incognito'  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: February 10, 2021, 11:01:25 am »
What excuse did you give her?  :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1478 on: February 10, 2021, 01:14:46 pm »
What excuse did you give her?  :)

I was looking at the girl I had never heard of, from the show I have never watched before, and most definitely not touched myself over while Mrs Spion Buck was at The Asda.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: February 10, 2021, 01:30:20 pm »
Anyway enough of Mr Kipling

Where the hell is Rob?  He's not been in here and abused Carol Vorderman for a few days. :)