Author Topic: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids  (Read 188936 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids
« Reply #2680 on: March 25, 2024, 05:13:16 pm »
Ambramovich left that club completely in the shit. That's their hero.
Not really as far in the shit as they should have been.  The massive debt owed to Ambramovich was never repaid (not that I have an iota of sympathy for him) and the new owners inherited a squad that had recently won the Champions League.

Boehly was able to use the largesse of the squad he inherited and the talent coming through from their academy to offset the unparalleled spending spree he went on.  If Boehly had been more competent they'd have come out of the whole being owned by an evil oligarch with a stacked trophy cabinet and still smelling of roses.  Chelsea fans have lived a generation without any consequences to the bad decisions made at their club - God willing their luck is starting to run out but I won't hold my breath.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2681 on: March 25, 2024, 05:14:17 pm »
Well, I for one am completely shocked by today's revelations. Chelsea paying agents off the books through offshore accounts? Who'd have imagined that!

FFS

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2682 on: March 25, 2024, 05:23:49 pm »
Another bunch of cheating Bastards
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2683 on: March 25, 2024, 07:25:55 pm »
Not really as far in the shit as they should have been.  The massive debt owed to Ambramovich was never repaid (not that I have an iota of sympathy for him) and the new owners inherited a squad that had recently won the Champions League.

Boehly was able to use the largesse of the squad he inherited and the talent coming through from their academy to offset the unparalleled spending spree he went on.  If Boehly had been more competent they'd have come out of the whole being owned by an evil oligarch with a stacked trophy cabinet and still smelling of roses.  Chelsea fans have lived a generation without any consequences to the bad decisions made at their club - God willing their luck is starting to run out but I won't hold my breath.

That's so frustrating. For all their bluster about being self sustaining, they owed what £1bn to Abramovich and somehow were never required to repay that, despite other clubs not being allowed be owner funded to anywhere near that extent.

It's no surprise they were dodgy and that all this is coming out but like you say, it'd be a huge shock if anything meaningful is done about it. The new owners and by extension, the club got away with a paltry fine from UEFA by saying the previous owners were dodgy and it was nothing to do with them so wouldn't be surprised if that continues to be the case.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #2684 on: March 25, 2024, 07:34:54 pm »
Another bunch of cheating Bastards

The originals, the trailblazers.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2685 on: March 25, 2024, 09:06:29 pm »
As we’ve all said for years, the Premier League is utterly compromised by illegality and cheating. It’s not a sporting contest. Might as well line up teams of accountants and lawyers and see how much blood money can be funnelled to a nominated oligarch or autocrat in 90 minutes. (PGMOL likes this)
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2686 on: March 25, 2024, 09:27:09 pm »
That's so frustrating. For all their bluster about being self sustaining, they owed what £1bn to Abramovich and somehow were never required to repay that, despite other clubs not being allowed be owner funded to anywhere near that extent.

It's no surprise they were dodgy and that all this is coming out but like you say, it'd be a huge shock if anything meaningful is done about it. The new owners and by extension, the club got away with a paltry fine from UEFA by saying the previous owners were dodgy and it was nothing to do with them so wouldn't be surprised if that continues to be the case.
They were never self sustaining because they've not turned an operating profit in 20 years.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2687 on: March 25, 2024, 10:01:37 pm »
They were never self sustaining because they've not turned an operating profit in 20 years.

They weren't but that was their PR trying to distance them from being funded by Abramovich.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2688 on: March 26, 2024, 10:00:04 am »
According to credit agreements, two of the loans, dated November 2014 and worth a combined £7.5m, were to finance the purchase of a property.

Less than six months later, Land Registry filings show, Granovskaia bought a home in London for £5.05m.

At least £7.5m of the debt to ­Abramovich was due to be waived under subsequent debt ­forgiveness deeds.

Besides getting a free home she trousered £2.45m to use elsewhere.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2689 on: March 27, 2024, 01:14:24 pm »
Lavia confirmed out for the season.

Bit of a sliding doors moment that transfer saga. But still young of course, time to get back on track, although likely at the worst club to do that.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2690 on: March 27, 2024, 01:22:10 pm »

Bit of a sliding doors moment that transfer saga. But still young of course, time to get back on track, although likely at the worst club to do that.

He'll more than likely not make his mark next season, then the year after that it'll be off to Lazio or PSV on loan, can see it now. A 60 million buy that would have been a gamble at half the price.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2691 on: March 27, 2024, 03:32:16 pm »

But he feels loved there.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2692 on: March 27, 2024, 03:36:39 pm »
Roméo Lavia’s Chelsea season over after one 32-minute appearance

Thigh injury rules out midfielder for rest of campaign
He has not played since December debut after £53m move

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/27/romeo-lavia-chelsea-season-over-one-appearance-thigh-injury-setback

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2693 on: March 27, 2024, 03:46:18 pm »
If you take into account how long the ball was in play he actually only played about 21 minutes before the season was over for him.

Two, multiplied by ten, plus one... Romeo done.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #2694 on: March 27, 2024, 03:51:35 pm »
Fleece them for all you can, Romeo, because you'll never have the opportunity to make that kind of money ever again. You'll be shuffled off to some mid-table club in a second division and spend the rest of your career wondering what could have been.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2695 on: March 27, 2024, 03:55:45 pm »
If you take into account how long the ball was in play he actually only played about 21 minutes before the season was over for him.

Fuck off.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #2696 on: March 27, 2024, 04:00:49 pm »

Did you see him in the physio oh no, did you see him in the physio oh no

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2697 on: March 27, 2024, 04:16:46 pm »
Fuck off.
As a pun, I thought that was so solid.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2698 on: March 27, 2024, 04:19:44 pm »
Oh no.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2699 on: March 27, 2024, 04:22:19 pm »

Yeah obviously he could have been injured with us, but what a poor decision he's made. He joined them in part because he felt loved while having to compete with two other DMs that were signed during the same window as him. He'll probably spend a chunk of his career getting loaned out.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2700 on: March 28, 2024, 11:11:51 am »
I remember that video clip of Boehly with a smug grin walking through Chelsea hospitality with Caicedo and Lavia in tow few days after they signed them.

£175 million, insane.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2701 on: March 28, 2024, 11:19:33 am »
I remember that video clip of Boehly with a smug grin walking through Chelsea hospitality with Caicedo and Lavia in tow few days after they signed them.

£175 million, insane.

He's apparently not too pleased with Lavia's attitude this season. He was over-heard in the boardroom saying "Romeo must die."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2702 on: March 28, 2024, 11:20:24 am »
He's apparently not too pleased with Lavia's attitude this season. He was over-heard in the boardroom saying "Romeo must die."

Does he then go into the romeo void?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #2703 on: March 28, 2024, 11:35:10 am »
Yeah obviously he could have been injured with us, but what a poor decision he's made. He joined them in part because he felt loved while having to compete with two other DMs that were signed during the same window as him. He'll probably spend a chunk of his career getting loaned out.
Or it might have been the luckiest decision he (or almost any young footballer) has ever made. If his career ended now, or nosedives due to injury problems (honestly hopefully not) I guess he is set up for life with a mad contract. Free money from Uncle Todd. 
Terrible business for Chelsea though any way you look at it, which is great.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2704 on: March 28, 2024, 11:58:47 am »
I can't see them rushing into any sort of fire sale in the summer just to avoid a PSR breach. What'll happen if they don't? They'll get docked 6 points? Hardly a calamity for them at the moment. They should be begging the PL to punish them before the season ends.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2705 on: March 28, 2024, 12:00:45 pm »
He might only be 20 Lavia, but he's played 38 career games as a senior professional and two clubs have somehow stumped up 70 odd million for him. I thought it was strange when Southampton paid 15 million for him when he'd only ever played under 21s football, never mind what Chelsea did, which of course was mainly because we wanted him. He might be young but I think the whole experience so far is one he more than likely won't recover from (meaning playing at the top level). Relegation in your first season, playing half an hour in the second, and when he comes back there'll be even more competition and probably no European football at Chelsea, so even less games. If he goes and impresses somewhere at a lower level on loan they might find a buyer though, I can't imagine he'll play more than 15/20 games for Chelsea unless they have a hell of an injury crisis next season.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2706 on: March 28, 2024, 06:17:02 pm »
He might only be 20 Lavia, but he's played 38 career games as a senior professional and two clubs have somehow stumped up 70 odd million for him. I thought it was strange when Southampton paid 15 million for him when he'd only ever played under 21s football, never mind what Chelsea did, which of course was mainly because we wanted him. He might be young but I think the whole experience so far is one he more than likely won't recover from (meaning playing at the top level). Relegation in your first season, playing half an hour in the second, and when he comes back there'll be even more competition and probably no European football at Chelsea, so even less games. If he goes and impresses somewhere at a lower level on loan they might find a buyer though, I can't imagine he'll play more than 15/20 games for Chelsea unless they have a hell of an injury crisis next season.
He chose retirement at 20. Kudos to him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2707 on: March 28, 2024, 06:30:47 pm »

If Chelsea ever needed a more glaring sign that Lavia was meant to be a Liverpool player, then this is it. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2708 on: March 28, 2024, 06:36:18 pm »

About the same age as Bajcetic who has been out for a year and we certainly aren't writing Baj off. Had we signed him and he had the same injury issues we'd have been screwed this season though, given Endo was the alternative signing and has been vital.

In terms of Lavia it just seemed a stupid signing for club and player going to Chelsea when they've literally just spent a British record fee on someone who plays the same position as him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2709 on: March 30, 2024, 05:01:28 pm »
10 man Burnley putting 18 shots against them at Stamford Bridge, ouch!

Sensational midfield control.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2710 on: March 30, 2024, 05:24:14 pm »
I'm not having it that Enzo is a top player.

No chance.

He'd never ever get in our Midfield.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2711 on: March 30, 2024, 07:32:03 pm »
Where is Poch getting this strange idea that Chelsea should be in fourth place from? Anyone know.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2712 on: March 30, 2024, 07:33:55 pm »
Where is Poch getting this strange idea that Chelsea should be in fourth place from? Anyone know.
They'd be in a relegation scrap now if they hadn't signed Palmer.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2713 on: March 30, 2024, 07:35:29 pm »
‘The Data’ apparently.
Do you think he meant 4th from bottom?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2714 on: March 30, 2024, 07:56:59 pm »

he's made a spreadsheet.  :)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68694784
Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino says his side "should be in fourth position" according to "all the data". The Blues are 11th in the Premier League table, 17 points behind fourth-placed Aston Villa.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2715 on: March 30, 2024, 08:30:19 pm »

No chance.

He's sensational I'll have you know.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2716 on: March 30, 2024, 08:42:37 pm »
Some bloke on the FourFourTwo YT channel has been going on about how the data suggests Chelsea should be top four all season too, he even had them down as early title contenders. I guess the nerds don't know everything.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2717 on: March 30, 2024, 08:44:31 pm »
Some bloke on the FourFourTwo YT channel has been going on about how the data suggests Chelsea should be top four all season too, he even had them down as early title contenders. I guess the nerds don't know everything.
With the exception of Palmer, they are not good in both boxes. That has a big impact on their results.

They are not efficient upfront yet they concede too many.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2718 on: March 30, 2024, 09:13:34 pm »

No chance.

He's still a potential player, international tournaments just make clubs do strange things. Went to Chelsea for ten times what he'd cost six months earlier after a few impressive performances for Benfica and then doing well against the likes of Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Poland etc.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2719 on: March 30, 2024, 09:29:34 pm »
he's made a spreadsheet.  :)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68694784
Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino says his side "should be in fourth position" according to "all the data". The Blues are 11th in the Premier League table, 17 points behind fourth-placed Aston Villa.

All the data I've looked at (the league table) says that Chelsea are shite.