Author Topic: UEFA Euro 2024 - Qualification Matches...  (Read 61150 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UEFA Euro 2024 - Qualification Matches...
« Reply #1680 on: March 27, 2024, 12:43:24 pm »
When it comes to penalties, I don't understand why there are two coin tosses. There's one for who picks the end and then another for who kicks first.
Surely you just have the one and the winner gets to decided to choose the end or choose to kick first/second?
yep - makes sense, same as the start of the game.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UEFA Euro 2024 - Qualification Matches...
« Reply #1681 on: March 27, 2024, 04:14:22 pm »
They've got Walker/Trent/Stones/Gomez/ who all play for us and City. Tomori for Milan. Shaw starts for United, Chilwell/James/Colwill for Chelsea, Konsa for Villa. Branthwaite will get a big move in the summer. Dunk not up to much but he's been Brighton's best defender.

Southgate might not pick the right setup, but the talent is there all over the pitch, relative to any other international side.

Well you got the clown Pickford between the posts and that's not when he goes walkabout like he did last night. Most of the defenders you mentioned are great going forward in aggressive pressing systems, you won't get that with Southgate and the glue that keeps them together domestically like Virgil, Diaz etc suddenly has the likes of Maguire trying to unravel anything good they are trying to do. Southgate again will find some way to unearth crap out of the talent he has by forcing inferior out of form players into his first 11 as he's loyal to guys who's best days were a couple of seasons ago. It's like watching a six year old use the best canvas and paints available n you end up with a stick man painting. When England are on the ropes and they will be, I don't think any of the guys you mentioned above are the rock you build a defence on. Stick a Virgil in there, you got a chance but Stones, Maguire, Shaw, even our own lads when put to the fire with the likes of Maguire, Dunk etc around them n they will buckle probably. It's coming home when we are all cold in the grave.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I