Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 150056 times)

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #1240 on: December 6, 2010, 10:31:05 pm »
After watching a few years of babel on the wing, I like the look of him upfront more if he can add a bit of consistentancy to his game.

Tonight was at least on par with most of fernandos games this season and better than his last couple.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: December 6, 2010, 10:31:07 pm »
Keep playing him.

Simple.

Offline happy guy

• Kopite
  • Psychic
« Reply #1242 on: December 6, 2010, 10:32:42 pm »
Why Kuyt though? I mean it would never happen but you'd surely stick gerrard out on the right and bench torres?
Why kuyt though? did you watch tonight games one of the worst performances i've seen for years he's been awful for months haha bench torres the one player who can make a goal out of nothing yet you'd rather play that predictable workhorse who can't ghost past a full back to save his life.
Simply The Best!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzugVhOmX_U

Xbl Gamertag: VividUnbornEvil

Psn: slickman2009

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: December 6, 2010, 10:36:33 pm »
Why kuyt though? did you watch tonight games one of the worst performances i've seen for years he's been awful for months haha bench torres the one player who can make a goal out of nothing yet you'd rather play that predictable workhorse who can't ghost past a full back to save his life.

I didn't mean Kuyt should not be dropped, I meant why stick babel back out on the wing when he's played very well up front  .
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: December 6, 2010, 10:41:00 pm »
He was like a different player, this was the Ryan babel we bought.

Maybe just maybe, he and Ngog are a genuine partnership, it just seemed to work.

Well in Ryan.

Couldn't agree more. Though they were against pretty shit teams, his last two performances are starting to win me over. Does this mean that he should be used more as a striker rather than the winger/wide midfielder position?
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: December 6, 2010, 10:44:28 pm »

Also the one player who can make a goal out of nothing?

He can also look half arsed, out of form or still not fully fit.

It's a long season and we need to utilise the full squad, players playing well should be picked over those who are not?

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1246 on: December 6, 2010, 10:44:39 pm »
I'm not sure where I would play him.

He is a good front man and plays well with David Ngog. But he needs to play more (as does Ngog) as he's fast and can score.
#JFT97

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: December 6, 2010, 10:49:32 pm »
Couldn't agree more. Though they were against pretty shit teams, his last two performances are starting to win me over. Does this mean that he should be used more as a striker rather than the winger/wide midfielder position?

I'd say yes he looks better as a striker, on this note when was the last time torres had any competition of any note?

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: December 6, 2010, 10:52:48 pm »
really?  in his past 5600 minutes, he has 14 goals.  Not much for goal out of nothing.

As for Babel....my my...he finally gets a premier league start, and he scores a goal.  Not bad at all.  What was that about taking chances?

But really, these two games are not enough to make a full decision.  Let us see him play decent minutes.....Dirk Kuyt minutes....for 10 straight matches, then make a more comprehensive evaluation of his current ability and potential place in the squad/team.

I was referring the goal out of nothing bit to a previous post where they said torres is the only player who can make a goal out of nothing.

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: December 6, 2010, 10:54:15 pm »
If we are going to do the classic 4-4-2, how about?

Johnson     Skrtel       Agger          New LB

Gerrard          Meireles     Lucas            Maxi

babel
                                  Torres

Ngog is also in better form than torres and seems to work well with babel?

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: December 6, 2010, 10:54:27 pm »
Anyone got a video of his goal, was in the Kop so my view was obscured, looked BOSS though.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #1251 on: December 6, 2010, 10:58:33 pm »
1 Goal
1 Assist

Babel 2 Games.
NGog 1.

I thought he was damn good, but he tired towards the end of the game, NGog and Babel could be dangerous together if we saw them playing week-in, week out. Sometimes you see that there is a reluctance to pass to each other and just go for glory. In a more important match that would cost us, they need to play a little more as a team. But hey, well in lads, hope you both go onto get more minutes!

FUCKING BOSS FINISH FROM BABEL REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT WAS OFFSIDE!
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #1252 on: December 6, 2010, 10:59:45 pm »
Very happy with him tonight, looked very good. chased a lot of ball down and made use of it when he had it. Took the goal very well,great finish, nice celebration too ;D His partnership with David looked very promising, both did the right things at the right time and complimented each other well for a lot of the game. That coupled with a good performance in Romania means he needs to be given a few more games.

I hope you were watching Brian Reade...
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: December 6, 2010, 11:26:15 pm »
Looked to enjoy the game tonight. Well done to him and Ngog
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: December 6, 2010, 11:29:28 pm »
I think we should call him Lasarus. He's just back from the dead. Thought he was a definite to go in January, but he's played well and perhaps done enough to stay for another few months. I like it! But he has to follow it up with more good performances. Many more.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: December 6, 2010, 11:39:39 pm »
i would rather keep babel and ngog than buy cole!  great game, class goal

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: December 6, 2010, 11:52:58 pm »
Wish he worked that hard every game. Well in Ryan.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1257 on: December 6, 2010, 11:53:49 pm »
Wish he worked that hard every game. Well in Ryan.

Should add another 500K to his January price, Babel out, Carlton Cole in.

In UUoy we trust.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: December 7, 2010, 12:01:20 am »
I just can't see Babel as a long term solution.

He was brilliant today but he really needs to sort himself out and concentrate on the football long term, because we all know he won't keep up that performance unless he changes his attitude. After seeing him today, hopefully he will have, but I'm guessing it's just another false dawn. Prove us wrong Ryan.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: December 7, 2010, 12:03:34 am »

He was brilliant today but he really needs to sort himself out and concentrate on the football long term, because we all know he won't keep up that performance unless he changes his attitude. After seeing him today, hopefully he will have, but I'm guessing it's just another false dawn. Prove us wrong Ryan.

It aint his attitude, its the way he has been treated. His attitude has been fine since January when he got a kick up the arse from Rafa. You just know he wont be in the team on Saturday, and that is just bollocks imo and no player can be expected to keep going and 'play good consistently' when he's been treated like this since he has arrived.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: December 7, 2010, 12:05:13 am »

He was brilliant today but he really needs to sort himself out and concentrate on the football long term, because we all know he won't keep up that performance unless he changes his attitude.
I don't get this at all and to be honest i think its quite insulting to any professional

where are these examples of him needing to sort himself out and change his attitude?

cos when he scores he walks off all nonchalant - is it his backflips that make you think he cares?

People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1261 on: December 7, 2010, 12:23:07 am »
Took his goal well but was peripheral after that. Sorry to go against the grain.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: December 7, 2010, 12:31:35 am »
Looked like he enjoyed that for the first time in months. He certainly had a decent game but I'm sorry, I don't expect to see a transformation. And neither should anyone else. You've seen Ryan Babel for real already.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: December 7, 2010, 12:33:32 am »
Well played again. Glad to see him doing well, 2 starts in a row 1 goal 1 assist, hope it continues to be honest.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: December 7, 2010, 12:39:14 am »

I tell you what though, despite hardly playing for a big lad he keeps himself in good shape.

It would be easy to put a few stray pounds on in his position and he has not done that. I think he needs a run of games and we might just see the player we hoped for.

Yes he'll fuck up but then so does Nani and he's been a major player this year for the Mancs.

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #1265 on: December 7, 2010, 01:10:28 am »
I'd put him in Kuyt's place or with Torres and put Stevie on the right to keep Lucas and Meireles partnership together. It's hard to drop Ngog when he plays like this, but Babel IMO has looked the better of the two.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: December 7, 2010, 01:13:23 am »
Took his goal very well today, but his positioning (compared to Ngog) was poor.  When he tracked back, he got out of position, and when others were putting on the pressure, he wasn't pushing.  I suspect that will come with confidence and more playing time so he can get in tune.  That said, He made a couple a good runs that were missed. I think he needs to start shouting for the ball.  Not like Carra, but at least make sure his teammates know what he is doing, (if he isn't already)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1267 on: December 7, 2010, 01:16:01 am »
Good finish tonight by Babel, here's to hoping his form continues!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: December 7, 2010, 01:28:46 am »
Shock horror! Babel actually starts 2 games in a row and looks a decent player. It's been said before but I'll say it again: massive confidence player.

Offline Legendary

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.
« Reply #1269 on: December 7, 2010, 01:56:22 am »
Did anyone catch that bollocks about Babel being on a helicopter to West Ham?

I could have sworn that was just something someone made up on here...
Every Kick. Every Half. Every Game. Every Year. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1270 on: December 7, 2010, 01:59:44 am »
Played well, rode the tackle well, applied himself to the 90 superbly and looked like Marvin Gaye, whats going on?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1271 on: December 7, 2010, 02:01:25 am »
Played well, rode the tackle well, applied himself to the 90 superbly and looked like Marvin Gaye, whats going on?
I heard through the grapevine that he's getting it on. Mercy me.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1272 on: December 7, 2010, 02:04:31 am »
I heard through the grapevine that he's getting it on. Mercy me.
We're flyin high.

In 8th :P ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: December 7, 2010, 02:07:49 am »
Good finish tonight by Babel, here's to hoping his form continues!

What you say.  he played well as well.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: December 7, 2010, 02:19:28 am »
Just play him FFS.  He has pace and occasionally, he has skill as well.  Just give him a run in the team.  Half the teams in the league shit themselves when they see anyone with pace in the opposition.  And Ryan does have pace.  Just get the ball to him constantly and ask him to have a go at the opponent full back and see what happens.  He might only beat him 2/3 times in the game but that could prove telling. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: December 7, 2010, 02:22:12 am »

:) Best game Babel has played for us. Hope he gets the chance to build on that.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: December 7, 2010, 02:36:33 am »
That was a very good goal.  Give him another run and let's see what happens...

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: December 7, 2010, 02:50:55 am »
No, sorry but while I'm glad that he scored, I'm only glad because I want to get the best price for him possible.  I've given up hoping that he's going to become what we all hoped he would.  I hope he proves me wrong and turns into a late bloomer but I would not put any money on it.  However, Ngog is a completely different story.  We might really have something there... 

Offline fernANDDDo

• Main Stander
« Reply #1278 on: December 7, 2010, 04:10:34 am »
No, sorry but while I'm glad that he scored, I'm only glad because I want to get the best price for him possible.  I've given up hoping that he's going to become what we all hoped he would.  I hope he proves me wrong and turns into a late bloomer but I would not put any money on it.  However, Ngog is a completely different story.  We might really have something there... 

?
Babel is twice the player Ngog is. Really hope we don't sell him as given regular starts he will be a top player
"Give yourselves the chance to become heroes."

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1279 on: December 7, 2010, 04:15:06 am »
?
Babel is twice the player Ngog is.
If I ruled the world, flippant statements like this with absolutely no evidence to back them up, in fact quite a lot of evidence against, and borne of lunacy would be punishable by flogging.
Luckily for you I do not rule the world. Yet.