Author Topic: Bringing it home Parade  (Read 78017 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Bringing it home Parade
« Reply #1160 on: June 6, 2019, 05:37:16 pm »
↑↑
It's great that, and from that vid, the European Cup getting a Klopp hug  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: June 6, 2019, 05:44:45 pm »
↑↑
It's great that, and from that vid, the European Cup getting a Klopp hug  ;D

Good job he didn't crush it. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: June 6, 2019, 05:49:21 pm »
there's a couple gifs floating around of it!

Here's one:

He's had more than 6 beers, the liar.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1163 on: June 6, 2019, 08:03:58 pm »
Just watched that video from the parade, Fuck me that must have been something on Sunday. Would love to have been there but was doing a 400 mile road trip from Madrid to Lisbon at the time.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: June 6, 2019, 09:23:24 pm »
 ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: June 7, 2019, 04:03:33 pm »
Just watched that video from the parade, Fuck me that must have been something on Sunday. Would love to have been there but was doing a 400 mile road trip from Madrid to Lisbon at the time.

They've just shown some highlights of the parade on LFC TV, it brought a lump to my throat and I started welling up - and I was there! - maybe that's why. They also had the cup in the studio and it brought back memories of the first time (I think) I saw it in '77 when I was a youngster and thinking how beautiful it was, not like the FA Cup or the League trophies I'd seen regularly. I've been obsessed with it ever since, its perfect, I think I'm in love with it!

;D

We've been lucky enough to receive stadium tour tickets as a Christmas present and we're booked in for the tour later this year. Hopefully I'll get the chance to see the cup properly up close.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1166 on: June 7, 2019, 04:10:08 pm »
They've just shown some highlights of the parade on LFC TV, it brought a lump to my throat and I started welling up - and I was there! - maybe that's why. They also had the cup in the studio and it brought back memories of the first time (I think) I saw it in '77 when I was a youngster and thinking how beautiful it was, not like the FA Cup or the League trophies I'd seen regularly. I've been obsessed with it ever since, its perfect, I think I'm in love with it!

;D

We've been lucky enough to receive stadium tour tickets as a Christmas present and we're booked in for the tour later this year. Hopefully I'll get the chance to see the cup properly up close.
‘77 was my first look at it too (I guess it would be!) at Aintree (or was it Haydock?) with the mancs there too with the FA cup if I remember right! Must’ve been Haydock.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1167 on: June 7, 2019, 06:16:54 pm »

;D

I fell in love with Big Ears the first time I ever saw him back in '77. For me, it's the biggest, the best and the most beautiful. I just bagged myself a half sized trophy today and the ribbons are going on when I get home. Them I'm sleeping with the big, beautiful fucker in bed tonight (in a strictly platonic fashion, I might add). 😁
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1168 on: June 7, 2019, 06:48:57 pm »
Had my youngest lad on my shoulders when they went past us by the jolly. Hendo went wild at the front. Fucking made up for the lad.
My lad got a perfect view of Mo with the cup near the back of the coach as it went past. My lad was beaming.
I told him of the time I first saw ol Big ears in 1984 when my dad took me on the parade. We were stood on the five ways. It was a perfect moment between dad and lad. Fucking brilliant.

He'll be getting his hands on it next week when I take him the ground to see it up close.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2019, 06:53:01 pm by ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS »
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: June 7, 2019, 07:06:29 pm »
I fell in love with Big Ears the first time I ever saw him back in '77. For me, it's the biggest, the best and the most beautiful. I just bagged myself a half sized trophy today and the ribbons are going on when I get home. Them I'm sleeping with the big, beautiful fucker in bed tonight (in a strictly platonic fashion, I might add). 😁

I've been looking for a replica myself to be honest.

Found this article about the trophy:-

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/thetrophy/

The UEFA Champions League trophy

"It may not be an artistic masterpiece, but everybody in football is keen to get their hands on it."

I strongly disagree with the statement about it not being an artistic masterpiece, its quite the opposite in fact. I was aware that a team gets to keep the original trophy if they win it either three times on the trot or five times in total. However, that rule was changed in 2009:-

A rule introduced in 1968/69 stipulates that the cup becomes the property of any club who win the competition five times or three years in a row. The club then start a new cycle from zero. Real Madrid, Ajax, Bayern München, Milan, Liverpool and Barcelona all have a version in their trophy rooms. The rule was changed ahead of 2008/09, with the original trophy remaining with UEFA and the clubs awarded a replica.

I think there might be a mistake in there as Barcelona only won their fifth in 2015, after the rule change so I don't see how they have an original? Anyway that's by the bye, what it does mean is that no other team will be allowed to keep an original and more importantly Liverpool will be the only club in England where you can see an original European Cup for ever more!

;D ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1170 on: June 7, 2019, 08:13:02 pm »
Very easy to knock the club when they get things wrong but today the club got it very very right.

Not just the club but the council, police, security and all the logistical stuff that goes into putting on an event like this

I thought it was wrong to not pass St George's hall like they did in 05. But considering the sheer volume of people in the city today, ending it at the Strand was by far the best way of doing it.

This is great for the city just as much as it is for the club.

There's a good interview with one of the organisers on Taw Player. Worth a listen. She explains the decisions that went into the route and the big finish on the Strand.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: June 7, 2019, 08:23:31 pm »
Random question - if clubs don't get to keep the trophy, what were they engraving prior to the presentation?

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: June 7, 2019, 08:32:24 pm »
Random question - if clubs don't get to keep the trophy, what were they engraving prior to the presentation?

That's the replica that the winning club gets to keep, the 'rule' was about an 'original' cup. When a club earned the right to keep it, UEFA had to have a new original one made and so it went on. From now on UEFA keep the original and since the rule change the winning club gets a replica with their name on.

In reality, in the past, most winning clubs had a replica made anyway, I guess with permission of UEFA or they provided it to them. So I guess United have a couple of replicas and Chelsea one in their cabinet. We'll have FIVE replicas and ONE ORIGINAL in our trophy cabinet available for view I expect (and hope).
« Last Edit: June 7, 2019, 09:02:42 pm by Yosser0_0 »

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: June 7, 2019, 08:41:18 pm »
'Inside Liverpool: Incredible scenes from the Champions League homecoming parade' - by the Liverpool FC youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bHOmIeFVZ8w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bHOmIeFVZ8w</a>

'You filled the streets of Liverpool to welcome us home and it's something we'll never forget. ❤️ UP THE REDS. 🔴':-

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1136664544598585344 (with 2 minute video)

That You Tube video is probably the best and most concise (15 mins) record of the day for me. I've downloaded the file to my phone to play as a reminder of the good times should I ever need it.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #1174 on: June 7, 2019, 08:47:36 pm »
It took me a while to track it down but I've just ordered a poster print of the amazing Danny Lawson photo that's been featured everywhere, including the front of the Echo. If anyone else is interested you can get it here...

https://prints.paimages.co.uk/private-sales/liverpool-champions-league-winners-parade-19044104.html?prodid=676

Excellent - just what I was after. Thanks.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: June 7, 2019, 09:58:51 pm »
That's the replica that the winning club gets to keep, the 'rule' was about an 'original' cup. When a club earned the right to keep it, UEFA had to have a new original one made and so it went on. From now on UEFA keep the original and since the rule change the winning club gets a replica with their name on.

In reality, in the past, most winning clubs had a replica made anyway, I guess with permission of UEFA or they provided it to them. So I guess United have a couple of replicas and Chelsea one in their cabinet. We'll have FIVE replicas and ONE ORIGINAL in our trophy cabinet available for view I expect (and hope).

to my knowledge the replicas are only a maximum of 80% the size of the original, which you can see if you look up an image of the three Bayern won on the trot - you can clearly see the original is bigger than the other two.

Does the original gets engraved with the winners' name on it?  There's a cracking shot of Hendo lifting it and you can clearly see Liverpool's name on it in a number of places.  It was on here somewhere, but I don't know which thread anymore!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1176 on: June 7, 2019, 10:01:33 pm »
The one they had on the parade was the replica though wasn't it? As it doesn't have the CL logo on the bottom.

I can't say it looks smaller than the one at the stadium!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: June 7, 2019, 10:17:37 pm »
The one they had on the parade was the replica though wasn't it? As it doesn't have the CL logo on the bottom.

I can't say it looks smaller than the one at the stadium!

Yes the one at the parade was a replica.

It's hard to judge from the pictures of the Anfield trophy room because the original is so far removed from the other four.  But this is Bayern Munich's first three:

You can clearly see the one far right is bigger than the other two.  It's such a damned huge trophy that it's hard to judge the size of a replica on its own. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1178 on: June 7, 2019, 10:23:15 pm »
'Inside Liverpool: Incredible scenes from the Champions League homecoming parade' - by the Liverpool FC youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bHOmIeFVZ8w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bHOmIeFVZ8w</a>

'You filled the streets of Liverpool to welcome us home and it's something we'll never forget. ❤️ UP THE REDS. 🔴':-

Not ashamed to admit this makes me happier than almost any video I’ve watched. It’s pure joy
Like Virgil says. What a club.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1179 on: June 7, 2019, 10:42:44 pm »

After that I think I’d give my life for James Milner and Andrew Robertson.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: June 7, 2019, 11:50:00 pm »
I've been looking for a replica myself to be honest.

Found this article about the trophy:-

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/thetrophy/

The UEFA Champions League trophy

"It may not be an artistic masterpiece, but everybody in football is keen to get their hands on it."

I strongly disagree with the statement about it not being an artistic masterpiece, its quite the opposite in fact. I was aware that a team gets to keep the original trophy if they win it either three times on the trot or five times in total. However, that rule was changed in 2009:-

A rule introduced in 1968/69 stipulates that the cup becomes the property of any club who win the competition five times or three years in a row. The club then start a new cycle from zero. Real Madrid, Ajax, Bayern München, Milan, Liverpool and Barcelona all have a version in their trophy rooms. The rule was changed ahead of 2008/09, with the original trophy remaining with UEFA and the clubs awarded a replica.

I think there might be a mistake in there as Barcelona only won their fifth in 2015, after the rule change so I don't see how they have an original? Anyway that's by the bye, what it does mean is that no other team will be allowed to keep an original and more importantly Liverpool will be the only club in England where you can see an original European Cup for ever more!

;D ;D
I'm totally with you regarding the trophy's aesthetics. I think it's absolutely beautiful.

I got an official UEFA replica on ebay earlier this year. Only 150mm tall but rock solid and really heavy. You can get them from the National Football Museum for £70, when they have stock, which they currently don't. When we get to the final they seem to sell out. Wonder why?  :)  I love it. I've seen the same ones elsewhere online for a big mark-up. Before the final I saw one the same as mine going for £170.

The one I've got today is, of course, unofficial. The trophy has a UEFA copyright, so should not be reproduced. With this in mind, there is no engraving of the UEFA logo or the 'COUPE DES CLUBS EUROPÉENS' inscription. Having said that, there is nothing stopping someone getting it engraved elsewhere themselves. In fact, the guy I got mine off had someone request six of them from him and had just gone off to see how much it would cost him to get them all engraved. My trophy stands 13" tall and he was selling them for £120, but I got a deal off him on mine. Other places sell them for more. He mentioned two places in Liverpool and one, if I recall correctly, had them at £150 and the other at £180. I'd never sell mine, but I recon I could easily double my money overnight if I put it on ebay. Full size 'replicas' he had were £500. He reckons his stock will be gone in no time, but anyone interested locally can find him at the top of the escalators in St. John's Precinct. One of the other places he said had them is a trophy shop which I thought was on Edge Lane, but I might be wrong and it could actually be 'Trophies For All' on Prescott Road.

Since we won on Saturday I think everyone has been buying them from wherever they can get them because they have dried up like a pond in a heatwave since. The only decent full-sized one I can find currently is what looks to be a good quality, engraved example which can be bought outright now for £1,499 or can be bid on. It currently has no bids and stands at what I assume is the reserve of £599. There are 4days and 20hrs left in which to bid.

Link -   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replica-CHAMPIONS-LEAGUE-CUP-TROPHY-engraved-25-LIVERPOOL-v-SPURS-FINAL-MOMENTO/123795405341?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20180816085401%26meid%3D335738ff61fa4da4842ef71142848d26%26pid%3D100970%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D123795405341%26itm%3D123795405341&_trksid=p2481888.c100970.m5481&_trkparms=pageci%3A364d5fb6-8975-11e9-b820-74dbd18075bb%7Cparentrq%3A3419773816b0abc66081fae3fff3b6fe%7Ciid%3A1

I was aware that UEFA have now stopped letting clubs permanently own the trophy for three in a row or five in total. It's fantastic that we are the last club to keep an original, and when you look at the company we are keeping with originals in their own cabinets then you realise that Liverpool really are European Royalty and it's not just fan bravado. It's real. The record books don't lie.

« Last Edit: June 7, 2019, 11:54:41 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: June 8, 2019, 01:00:09 pm »
to my knowledge the replicas are only a maximum of 80% the size of the original, which you can see if you look up an image of the three Bayern won on the trot - you can clearly see the original is bigger than the other two.

Does the original gets engraved with the winners' name on it?  There's a cracking shot of Hendo lifting it and you can clearly see Liverpool's name on it in a number of places.  It was on here somewhere, but I don't know which thread anymore!

I've always assumed the replicas to be 1:1, and the one's I've seen certainly don't look any smaller, I mean the one in Madrid and at the parade looked full size, no? So I guess 80% of 73.5cm would be what about 59cm, would we notice? It's such a huge trophy, maybe not, but I think I would and I don't see the reason for UEFA to hide it away for the final and the pictures as it doesn't make sense - it was made to be shown off in all its glory, it's the whole purpose of the trophy. I also think that the whole purpose of having a size restriction on replica's is so that it is completely obvious that it is just that - a replica. I remember watching an interview with Nick Faldo, when he said that he'd had replica's made of the claret jug but the R&A only allowed them to be 2/3 size, interestingly, I may be wrong but I think the R&A have now relaxed that rule, so you can have a 1:1 made with permission. If you look at the European cup trophies awarded to Bob by UEFA, they are obviously replica's due to the size. I really hope they give one of these to Klopp as I think for the first time in my life I've wanted a trophy for the manager more than the team - if UEFA don't give him one, I'll buy it myself and send it to him - 2:1 size though!

;D

I feel like the club has been reset by FSG and we are about to embark on a period of success, we will get stronger and I see no reason why we couldn't be celebrating number seven at a parade next year - how many teams are capable of beating this Liverpool team? I've heard it mentioned on here that during our golden age that perhaps our fanbase became complacent, well maybe, but I've missed this success so much that I'm going to cherish and celebrate every success like it's the first. I want us to get past AC Milan in terms of European cups and United for league titles, and I think the players, manager and our younger fans are also hungry for more success.

I mean think about it, our sixth European Cup is an amazing achievement, I remember talking to an Arsenal fan between the two Bayern Munich ties after the goalless draw at Anfield and I still felt confident. I also said to him that I noted the badges on the side of the shirts of the two teams which indicated an aggregate of 10 European Cup wins between. The badges are a reminder of the history and the quality of the two sides and I wasn't expecting it to be any easy game anyway - why should it be, this competition has Europe's best teams competing against each other. It wasn't a deliberate dig at Arsenal, or perhaps it was, but when you compare it with their one (1) Cup Winners cup win then we really are in a different league as a club. Now I don't mind Arsenal as I consider them a proper club and I was sad that they didn't win the UEFA cup but compared to us at the moment they are light years behind us, as are other clubs in the Premier league with the exception of City, but I believe we can haul them in too. The future looks bright, which is such a contrast to when we won our fifth - fourteen years ago.

This is one of my favourite pictures of the cup:-

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: June 8, 2019, 02:29:08 pm »
OK so the cup we saw at the final and the parade was full size and probably the replica. The one's we've seen at all the other finals and parades would have been an original. They would have been kept for ten months, with the exception of keeping the one from 2005. The four replica's currently in the LFC museum will be slightly smaller and the new replica will be full size, I wonder how they will set out the new display as they now have some redecorating to do to fit them all in! A nice problem to have I suppose. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Champion_Clubs%27_Cup

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1183 on: June 8, 2019, 02:43:50 pm »
OK so the cup we saw at the final and the parade was full size and probably the replica. The one's we've seen at all the other finals and parades would have been an original. They would have been kept for ten months, with the exception of keeping the one from 2005. The four replica's currently in the LFC museum will be slightly smaller and the new replica will be full size, I wonder how they will set out the new display as they now have some redecorating to do to fit them all in! A nice problem to have I suppose. 

« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 01:24:44 am by John C »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: June 8, 2019, 04:28:02 pm »
^ Dammit, wish you didn't mention that. I can definitely see the size difference now, the one in front looks almost like a mini version.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1185 on: June 8, 2019, 04:40:34 pm »
I watched from James Street and had peaked. All I remember is something like a scene from a Vietnam movie, a surreal gleam from the biggest ever piece of Ag and a silhouette of Klopp. One of the greatest two days of my life.

There hasn't been a day this week that I haven't looked at clips of the game or the parade. What a team, what a manager, what a city. 

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: June 9, 2019, 01:10:15 am »
;D

I'm surprised the cabinets are that big!  ;)

I've been looking at that picture with Phil Thompson and there is something about that trophy in the foreground that strikes me as a bit odd. Is it just me? It looks smaller than the rest and the base doesn't look the same as the rest, anybody else see it or am I being a bit too OCD?
Looks like the distance between the base and the start of the cup part is shorter on the one closest.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: June 9, 2019, 11:54:09 am »
Looks like the distance between the base and the start of the cup part is shorter on the one closest.
The base does look a bit different, but I wonder if that might be down to the different lighting? The ones at the back are brightly lit compared to the one in the front.

Regarding size difference. I just noticed that the one in the front is on a slightly lower platform than those at the back, which may well account for this?

Offline Orsetto

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1188 on: June 9, 2019, 04:32:33 pm »
There was a cameraman filming a group of supporters singing YNWA in the zone of the Baltic Fleet right after the parade.
Does anybody knows where can I find that video? I'm looking for it because I was there, but can't find it anywhere.
Don't know if it was for a tv network or maybe a YouTube channel.

Cheers!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: June 9, 2019, 05:12:49 pm »

That is so weird.  Our first four (the ones at the back) will be scaled down versions, whilst the one by Thommo is the full sized original we won in 2005.  Yet that one definitely seems to have a shorter base.

Is it sitting in a slight recess?  Here's an image after the final.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: June 9, 2019, 07:25:43 pm »

I found the picture of the Bayern trophies.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1191 on: June 9, 2019, 07:53:13 pm »
The base of the Istanbul trophy looks weird in the photo with Thompson, but looks fine here. Is he even in our trophy room? All the cups behind him have generic "50 Years" ribbons rather than our own ones.

The Istanbul trophy still looks smaller though. Is it possible they redesigned the trophy since our first four? They certainly use a different font on the front.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: June 9, 2019, 08:11:11 pm »
I found the picture of the Bayern trophies.

The rules surrounding the original and replica trophies are covered in the wiki link that I posted above, it includes the Bayern Munich picture too! 
;)

I've also been doing a bit of research about which clubs own an original trophy as I suspected that there was an error on the UEFA European Cup reference website which listed Barcelona as one of the clubs. The Champions League website below lists the five clubs that own a original trophy, which doesn't include Barcelona. So Liverpool were the last team to keep an original, so it was a timely victory.

Actually on further reading, it becomes apparent the even Real Madrid do not own an original of the redesigned (current) version of the European Cup! Wow, so that means there are only four teams with an original - that really puts the elite status of Liverpool FC into perspective.     

Under the old system, five clubs were presented with the main trophy used at the time and therefore have original European Cups in their possession.

Real Madrid – awarded the original trophy (old design) in 1967
Ajax (third title in a row, 1973)
Bayern München (third title in a row, 1976)
AC Milan (fifth title, 1994)
Liverpool (fifth title, 2005)

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2478341.html

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #1193 on: June 9, 2019, 08:13:25 pm »
The rules surrounding the original and replica trophies are covered in the wiki link that I posted above, it includes the Bayern Munich picture too! 
;)

I've also been doing a bit of research about which clubs own an original trophy as I suspected that there was an error on the UEFA European Cup reference website which listed Barcelona as one of the clubs. The Champions League website below lists the five clubs that own a original trophy, which doesn't include Barcelona. So Liverpool were the last team to keep an original, so it was a timely victory.

Actually on further reading, it becomes apparent the even Real Madrid do not own an original of the redesigned (current) version of the European Cup! Wow, so that means there are only four teams with an original - that really puts the elite status of Liverpool FC into perspective.     

Under the old system, five clubs were presented with the main trophy used at the time and therefore have original European Cups in their possession.

Real Madrid – awarded the original trophy (old design) in 1967
Ajax (third title in a row, 1973)
Bayern München (third title in a row, 1976)
AC Milan (fifth title, 1994)
Liverpool (fifth title, 2005)

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2478341.html

Nice one, that’s really interesting
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1194 on: June 9, 2019, 08:29:17 pm »
Found this in the audio/video thread.

Certainly belongs in here.

Superb filming but absolutely outstanding accompanying commentary from Gareth Roberts whose voice I recognise from LFCtv's Press Box. Beautiful sentiments Gareth lad.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pYx2HX3g0m4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pYx2HX3g0m4</a>

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #1195 on: June 9, 2019, 08:33:54 pm »
City looks amazing but missed it as we were still driving back from Madrid.  Wish they'd do it again next weekend!

Imagine if that idea caught on?

Two parades when we win the league, probably reduce the traffic in and out of the city, though the atmosphere wouldn't be as good, as the attendance I imagine is halved as some opt for the second parade.  Although would be good for all the businesses.

Mind you, I'd end up going to both :D

I know it wasn't a serious idea you made but I love it.  :scarf :champ ;D
« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 08:36:09 pm by Lynx the saucy mynx »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: June 9, 2019, 08:39:26 pm »
The base of the Istanbul trophy looks weird in the photo with Thompson, but looks fine here. Is he even in our trophy room? All the cups behind him have generic "50 Years" ribbons rather than our own ones.

The Istanbul trophy still looks smaller though. Is it possible they redesigned the trophy since our first four? They certainly use a different font on the front.

The trophy room changed a bit when the Main Stand was rebuilt.  The cups have clearly been rehoused.

If you look at this image the base of the trophy looks fine compared to the image with Thommo in it:

Maybe the one Thommo is posing with is a replica that was used temporarily?

Popcorn's Art

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #1197 on: June 9, 2019, 10:01:54 pm »
Found this in the audio/video thread.

Certainly belongs in here.

Superb filming but absolutely outstanding accompanying commentary from Gareth Roberts whose voice I recognise from LFCtv's Press Box. Beautiful sentiments Gareth lad.

That is what its all about mate,i hadnt seen that. Thanks

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: June 9, 2019, 10:16:05 pm »
You people seem to be obsessed by this European Cup!!

Anyway:-

1977, Jimmy Case and Ray Kennedy

1978, The 'Scots'

1981, Barney Rubble and Phil Neal

1984, Rushie, Craig Johnson and Sammy Lee

This is a picture of cup (an original) on 5 July 2005

2019 - I'm made up to see Milner and Henderson win this cup!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1199 on: June 10, 2019, 12:49:39 am »
I've seen pictures from inside the AC Milan museum, and they have a separate little room for their European Cups, including some huge replica. Not sure we have the proper space in our museum but it'd be lovely if we could replicate something similar and just have a room dedicated to holding European Cups, just to showcase our massiveness  ;D

Not been to the museum for about a decade or so and I can't wait to go again soon to see number 6!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.