Author Topic: Strictly come dancing  (Read 31750 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Strictly come dancing
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2019, 01:48:30 pm »
I was wondering about that myself - (a) who is the tory 'bird' (have we gone back to 1970?) and (b) how do we know anything about her politics? The same thing seems to happen on the Bake Off thread where people are accused of being Tories.

Does me head in all this to be honest. Going back to Strictly I think Dev was unlucky in having a dance he wasn't as relaxed with. Certain type of dances don't suit people. I can actually see other favourites go out if the general standard stays as it is.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2019, 02:50:25 pm »
Does me head in all this to be honest. Going back to Strictly I think Dev was unlucky in having a dance he wasn't as relaxed with. Certain type of dances don't suit people. I can actually see other favourites go out if the general standard stays as it is.

Yeah - he was in that dangerous position where he was clear of the danger zone, but not high enough to be sure. He possibly doesn't have that big a fanbase who would also watch Strictly, so he fell into the bottom two and was unlucky enough to have an opponent who was not too bad. I can't stand all of the conspiracy theories that follow when someone like Dev goes out.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2019, 02:55:27 pm »
If some of the judges hadn't been smoking a rather strong strain of weed or worse on Saturday, though, giving the likes of David James an 8 (!) and 'Magic' Mike a 9, then Dev would've had more points on the board and been less likely to fall into the bottom two.

Online Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2019, 04:01:12 pm »
If some of the judges hadn't been smoking a rather strong strain of weed or worse on Saturday, though, giving the likes of David James an 8 (!) and 'Magic' Mike a 9, then Dev would've had more points on the board and been less likely to fall into the bottom two.

I'm not so sure - I thought David James deserved to stay on as his improvement since last week was amazing. Mike Bushell didn't deserve a 9, but he's very popular due to his BBC Breakfast appearances and I think the public vote will keep him on for a while yet. I thought Alex Scott should've been in the dance off.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2019, 07:16:51 pm »
Carlton?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2019, 06:52:34 pm »
Genius idea to get injured in training. That way you don't have to perform and still go through to next week.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2019, 06:56:07 pm »
Genius idea to get injured in training. That way you don't have to perform and still go through to next week.

Don’t tell me Andy Carroll’s in the final again?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2019, 07:55:46 pm »
Carlton?
Was only on last week cos Bruno was on holiday.

AJ and his lass to win or the Viscount. Reckon it'll be AJ due to likability as I don't think the posh girls popular due to being in bottom 2 etc but based on talent(ones I've seen) I'd go for them two doubles

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2019, 08:08:36 pm »
That lad doin the stranger things dance can move

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2019, 09:27:42 pm »
The commercial and lyrical dances and the over marking for them is a bit annoying.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2019, 08:21:32 pm »
What have the judges been smoking? Wrong person goes home again.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2019, 09:05:37 pm »
I watched both their dances tonight, I just thought Mike gave more of himself in that performance, whereas Catherine just did what she had too. So in a way I do understand why he got the vote over her.

Online Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2019, 01:28:11 pm »
I watched both their dances tonight, I just thought Mike gave more of himself in that performance, whereas Catherine just did what she had too. So in a way I do understand why he got the vote over her.

It was a hard one to call - I feel a bit sad because I do like Johannes. I thought perhaps he was so good he makes his partner look worse than she was. Mike probably improved the most on the night.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2019, 01:39:29 pm »
They were both bad in the dance off. She was just really, really, really bad. Think she went wrong at least four or five times.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 9, 2019, 09:54:46 am »
Bit of a shame it's only ringers in the final this year.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2019, 03:17:11 pm »
Kelvin and Oti will win this. It's a popularity contest as much as a dance contest and they're the most popular couple, hence they've never been in the bottom two. The judges scores on the night are largely irrelevant.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2019, 07:41:45 pm »
I like Karim best but in truth any of them would deserve it. You can't ignore the Anton factor either. I would say Karim is the least popular one for whatever reason.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #217 on: December 14, 2019, 07:53:00 pm »
I like Karim best but in truth any of them would deserve it. You can't ignore the Anton factor either. I would say Karim is the least popular one for whatever reason.

He is the best, and most likeable.

But the masses like their soap stars.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2019, 07:54:02 pm »
Kelvin should win it but I have a soft spot for Anton and it wouldn't surprise me if he nicks it at the death [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2019, 08:21:36 pm »
Used all my 6 votes for Kelvin and Oti. She's so beautiful and should have won a couple of years ago

And I'm not over it

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2019, 08:37:23 pm »
I have to say now I've really enjoyed this final and I don't really mind who of the boys wins. I think Kelvin probably will, but all three have done themselves proud tonight. I really enjoyed the show dances because they were all about dancing, not throwing themselves around with endless lifts. It's been a really enjoyable series this one.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2019, 08:46:04 pm »

He's off CBeebies, not got the fame of the other two.

Both of the blokes are better than the one off Eastenders, but Anton always getting the duffers could sway the voting towards them tonight. Never underestimate the British public where voting is concerned ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2019, 09:33:23 pm »
Can't argue with that. The show dance alone was worthy of winning any series.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2019, 10:09:04 am »
I need to see Jessica Ennis Hill on this show next year and my life will be complete.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2019, 07:45:40 pm »
Goodbye for another year :wave

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord (until the sound of Satan returns sometime in bloody September ffs).

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 3, 2020, 01:23:03 pm »
Bill Bailey on it this year should be a good laugh.

Nicola Adams will also be part of the show's first ever same sex couple.

https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/strictly-come-dancing/428187-strictly-come-dancing-2020-line-up-celebrities-contestants.html

Offline Priory Road

• Kemlynite
« Reply #226 on: September 8, 2020, 11:03:57 pm »
Always associate this show with autumn and the start of cold weather and dark nights.  :butt

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 9, 2020, 09:53:14 am »
Always associate this show with autumn and the start of cold weather and dark nights.  :butt

And Filler punching the TV screen :)

I see Jason Bell from the NFL show is on this year.  Anyone who watches the NFL show (which is bloody great btw) will know Osi is going to rip him to shreds EVERY week :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #228 on: September 9, 2020, 10:47:20 am »
And Filler punching the TV screen :)

I see Jason Bell from the NFL show is on this year.  Anyone who watches the NFL show (which is bloody great btw) will know Osi is going to rip him to shreds EVERY week :)

Yeah they’re a great double act, as a fairly part time NFL watcher they’re both really good at explaining things to idiots.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2020, 09:34:49 pm »
Bill and Oti for the win.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2020, 09:36:06 pm »
I will have to watch this on catch up. Such a shame Klopp is not appearing.  :-\

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2020, 09:38:27 pm »
I will have to watch this on catch up. Such a shame Klopp is not appearing.  :-\

Ha, was he supposed to?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2020, 09:39:15 pm »
Ha, was he supposed to?

He said in an interview he'd love to do it. Him and Ulla are great fans of the show apparently.  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2020, 09:41:43 pm »
He said in an interview he'd love to do it. Him and Ulla are great fans of the show apparently.  ;D

Would be a problem doing this on a Saturday evening.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2020, 09:43:05 pm »
Would be a problem doing this on a Saturday evening.

Yes, you could say that.  ;D

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 18, 2020, 02:58:48 pm »
Should be cracking television this series - with the hosts saying how many times people were tested before and after each segway clip, and constantly talking about procedures etc. We get it...

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #236 on: October 20, 2020, 08:24:37 am »
my girl made me watch this a few years back and I have to say that I really enjoyed it  ;D

she even got me to a dance class before the lockdown - man that was embarrassing and all the other blokes looked like they'd be press-ganged into going to

but I enjoyed dancing with my girl - if you could call it dancing

be great if Klopp did go on it

and the (small) controversy about 2 girls dancing together - friggin ell women have been dancing together for as long as I know at family dos and clubs

now having 2 men would've been more controversial for the BBC but maybe that's to come next year

but to sound controversial myself here, I think if 2 men, or women, are dancing together then the dances have to be made for those sexes as the majority of dances are for a man and a woman and can look 'awkward' when attempted by same sexes - to me anyway

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #237 on: October 20, 2020, 03:03:45 pm »
my girl made me watch this a few years back and I have to say that I really enjoyed it  ;D

she even got me to a dance class before the lockdown - man that was embarrassing and all the other blokes looked like they'd be press-ganged into going to

but I enjoyed dancing with my girl - if you could call it dancing

be great if Klopp did go on it

and the (small) controversy about 2 girls dancing together - friggin ell women have been dancing together for as long as I know at family dos and clubs

now having 2 men would've been more controversial for the BBC but maybe that's to come next year

but to sound controversial myself here, I think if 2 men, or women, are dancing together then the dances have to be made for those sexes as the majority of dances are for a man and a woman and can look 'awkward' when attempted by same sexes - to me anyway

Last year during one of the music acts on the results show, Graziano Di Prima and Johannes Radebe danced together. Apparently it received about 200 complaints from idiots who found it 'offensive', but overall, it got a positive response.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2020, 03:26:26 pm »
Last year during one of the music acts on the results show, Graziano Di Prima and Johannes Radebe danced together. Apparently it received about 200 complaints from idiots who found it 'offensive', but overall, it got a positive response.

yeh I saw that - thought it great and because that dance was choreographed for them then it wasn't awkward at all

I remember the innocence of my little nephews dancing together at one wedding - but not forgetting of course that at age they hated girls anyway  ;D
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2020, 05:56:44 pm »
Personally I don't see the point of it, it's just being done to tick a diversity box, Dancing on Ice had a male couple, Strictly now has an all female couple.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.