Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 984512 times)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The PL run-in
« Reply #4040 on: April 17, 2021, 03:50:25 pm »
Results have fallen brilliantly for us the past couple of weeks. 6 more wins gets us in comfortably I think.

No reason to think we can't do it.

Beat Leeds AND Newcastle and we'll be in the driving seat.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #4041 on: April 17, 2021, 03:52:05 pm »
We just need to win the next game against Leeds

Agreed. I know it's a cliche, but we really just have to take it one step at a time. After the season we've had, nothing should be taken for granted. Win against Leeds and we will have quietly built up a good set of results that can hopefully get some of the old belief and confidence flowing again.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4042 on: April 17, 2021, 04:34:10 pm »
Leeds away is super huge for us now, a win would put us in a great position.
Believer

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: April 17, 2021, 04:38:42 pm »
Leeds is huge.
Becase after that bar Man Utd we should win the rest of our games.
Newcastle at home might be a bit tricky.
Hopefully Burnley is safe when we play them as well

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: April 17, 2021, 04:48:18 pm »
Agreed. I know it's a cliche, but we really just have to take it one step at a time. After the season we've had, nothing should be taken for granted. Win against Leeds and we will have quietly built up a good set of results that can hopefully get some of the old belief and confidence flowing again.

It’s a truism, if we win it will create pressure for the teams above who are looking below in the table and give us more confidence but we can’t simply rely on 3 points based on who we are playing as we’ve lost many games this season against teams that we would never expect to lose against

Focus on winning

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4045 on: April 17, 2021, 07:52:00 pm »
Chelsea winning today is good news for us. Chelsea were due to play Leicester on Cup final day in the League. So both teams will have an awkward mid-week game to rearrange.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #4046 on: April 17, 2021, 08:25:17 pm »
It’s fairly straight forward... we have to win all our remaining games and we will qualify for the champions league next season. Considering how terrible we have been since the new year I am just glad we more or less will have it in our own hands as Leicester and West Ham look like they will drop points. However would you trust us to win all the games....me neither...And who would of thought we would be fkn grasping at this after last season.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4047 on: April 17, 2021, 10:38:42 pm »
Many thought West Ham would put Newcastle to the sword, so it's not conceivable that Chelsea won't become unstuck. Just have to pray that Liverpool can take advantage

West Ham were on a long stretch playing above themselves, and getting results that they didn't warrant. St Maximin being fit and available along with other key Newcastle players evens it up a bit more. Then it's the Moysiah against the tactical genius of Steve Bruce.  And I think Steve had his eye on the BBQ not cabbages.

I think it's us vs Leicester.  I wonder if there's another Abromovic out there, going to buy whichever team finishes fourth.....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4048 on: April 18, 2021, 01:04:36 am »
Updated:

3rdLeicester31+1856
4thWest Ham31+1255
5thChelsea31+1954
6thLiverpool31+1652
7thSpurs32+1750
8thEverton31+349

This weekend:
Everton 2-2 Spurs
Newcastle vs West Ham
Leeds vs Liverpool

Then midweek:
Chelsea vs Brighton
Spurs vs Southampton
Leicester vs West Brom

Updated:

3rdLeicester31+1856
4thWest Ham32+1155
5thChelsea31+1954
6thLiverpool31+1652
7thSpurs32+1750
8thEverton31+349

This weekend:
Everton 2-2 Spurs
Newcastle 3-2 West Ham
Leeds vs Liverpool

Then midweek:
Chelsea vs Brighton
Spurs vs Southampton
Leicester vs West Brom

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: April 18, 2021, 02:53:46 am »
That’s Spurs and Everton done then you would think. Not that the latter where ever going to get top four.

Increasingly think it is Leicester we have to chase down. Chelsea are an odd side. Flying in the cups and playing well in the league but still capable of mad results like getting battered by West Brom.

I think Chelsea will end up third and hopefully we can grab fourth. Leicester’s last three games are a nightmare. If they drop points again before they go to Man Utd I think they may completely collapse.

We have to make it count against Leeds. If we win that and there is a draw or West Ham loss in their game against Chelsea and suddenly we are one result away from our destiny being in our own hands.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4050 on: April 18, 2021, 03:05:19 am »
i agree with the above in that chelsea look a good solid side now (tho not prolific in scoring) and i think they'll defo get top four, we need leicester to fall away

and then there's the small matter of winning our own shit, which i have no confidence in at all, i really have no clue whatsoever what kind of performance we're going to put in game to game and while our defensive problems have fucked us over our season, it's now on our frontline to get goals regardless of our backline and they're struggling
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4051 on: April 18, 2021, 08:03:54 am »
Could really do with Arsenal getting knocked out of the Europa and/or Chelsea from the CL.

If we do make the top four it’s likely to mean that Chelsea don’t (unless Leicester drop out which isn’t impossible) we’re only allowed a maximum of 5 teams in the CL meaning that if we finish 4th and one of those two wins their respective competition, we’d be fine, but if both do (and both finish outside of the top 4) then 4th) drops into the Europa.

Unlikely but not impossible and as much as a City win would be soul destroying it would be preferable to us spending a season in the Europa League.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: April 18, 2021, 09:00:32 am »
Could really do with Arsenal getting knocked out of the Europa and/or Chelsea from the CL.

If we do make the top four it’s likely to mean that Chelsea don’t (unless Leicester drop out which isn’t impossible) we’re only allowed a maximum of 5 teams in the CL meaning that if we finish 4th and one of those two wins their respective competition, we’d be fine, but if both do (and both finish outside of the top 4) then 4th) drops into the Europa.

Unlikely but not impossible and as much as a City win would be soul destroying it would be preferable to us spending a season in the Europa League.

Top three is the aim then

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4053 on: April 18, 2021, 11:22:33 am »
Leicester will drop out
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4054 on: April 18, 2021, 12:20:00 pm »
Leicester will drop out

I'm not 100% sure.

Their next 4 games are key and relatively easy on paper. If they get anywhere near 7-9 points out of those games then they'll be well placed for Top 4 with 63-65 points going into the last 3 (tough) games.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: April 18, 2021, 12:25:44 pm »
Results have fallen brilliantly for us the past couple of weeks. 6 more wins gets us in comfortably I think.

No reason to think we can't do it.

Have you not been watching this season?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: April 18, 2021, 12:29:33 pm »
I'm not 100% sure.

Their next 4 games are key and relatively easy on paper. If they get anywhere near 7-9 points out of those games then they'll be well placed for Top 4 with 63-65 points going into the last 3 (tough) games.

9 points would be great for them because that would leave them probably only needing 3 points from 3 games to get 68. I have us getting 5 wins which puts us on 67 points.

However 3 wins out of 4 is not easy going for any top four candidate at this stage of the season. They will know they have to get at least that.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: April 18, 2021, 12:33:46 pm »
i agree with the above in that chelsea look a good solid side now (tho not prolific in scoring) and i think they'll defo get top four, we need leicester to fall away

and then there's the small matter of winning our own shit, which i have no confidence in at all, i really have no clue whatsoever what kind of performance we're going to put in game to game and while our defensive problems have fucked us over our season, it's now on our frontline to get goals regardless of our backline and they're struggling

Don't agree to be honest. IMO, they aren't that good and are capable of dropping quite a few points. Their hectic schedule will play a part too.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: April 18, 2021, 10:43:09 pm »
Arsenal winning a European trophy. Seems very unlikely. More likely we don't make top 4.  United could win it, which could be amusing if Chelsea win the cl from fifth and mean United give us cl football.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: April 18, 2021, 11:22:51 pm »
Does this matter anymore?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4060 on: April 18, 2021, 11:34:21 pm »
Who cares? It’s over.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4061 on: April 18, 2021, 11:37:10 pm »
Cmon the Euro Super League wont happen.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: April 18, 2021, 11:52:36 pm »
this is all a bit irrelevant now isnt it? 

all that stress and anger these past fews months over nothing. i nearly had a mental breakdown after the leicester. what an idiot i was.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4063 on: April 19, 2021, 11:23:29 am »

Yeah who would have thought this crap season could get EVEN more meaningless.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: April 19, 2021, 11:55:59 am »
Are they planning to start this abomination next season?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: April 19, 2021, 12:04:11 pm »
Are they planning to start this abomination next season?
The press release stated August this year.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4066 on: April 19, 2021, 12:19:24 pm »
The press release stated August this year.
It didn't; it has been reported like that, but it was quite careful not to state this year.

"It is anticipated that a further three clubs will join ahead of the inaugural season, which is intended to commence as soon as practicable."
"An August start...".

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4067 on: April 19, 2021, 04:46:00 pm »
It didn't; it has been reported like that, but it was quite careful not to state this year.

"It is anticipated that a further three clubs will join ahead of the inaugural season, which is intended to commence as soon as practicable."
"An August start...".

Uefa are not going to allow Super League clubs from entering the Champions League 21/22 regardless.

We won't be playing Champions League next season unless The Super League collapses over the summer before it even begins.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: April 19, 2021, 11:53:09 pm »
This result may have been the ending of our chances.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: April 20, 2021, 12:01:22 am »

It hasn't, there's still plenty of games to be played and points to be dropped by sides above.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4070 on: April 20, 2021, 12:48:28 am »
Updated:

3rdLeicester31+1856
4thWest Ham32+1155
5thChelsea31+1954
6thLiverpool31+1652
7thSpurs32+1750
8thEverton31+349

This weekend:
Everton 2-2 Spurs
Newcastle 3-2 West Ham
Leeds vs Liverpool

Then midweek:
Chelsea vs Brighton
Spurs vs Southampton
Leicester vs West Brom

This weekend:
Everton 2-2 Spurs
Newcastle 3-2 West Ham
Leeds 1-1 Liverpool

Updated:

3rdLeicester31+1856
4thWest Ham32+1155
5thChelsea31+1954
6thLiverpool32+1653
7thSpurs32+1750
8thEverton31+349

Midweek:
Chelsea vs Brighton
Spurs vs Southampton
Leicester vs West Brom

Next weekend:
Arsenal vs Everton
Liverpool vs Newcastle
West Ham vs Chelsea
Leicester vs Palace

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4071 on: April 20, 2021, 12:50:47 am »
All of these games now have a huge impact.  Our chances just dropped quite a bit dropping points to an inferior team on paper but on the field we lucked out just getting the one.  I think Newcastle are safe but we'll see on Saturday how they come out.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #4072 on: April 20, 2021, 12:57:47 am »

Still time yet for other teams to drop points.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: April 20, 2021, 01:47:22 am »
Indeed...we failed to make the advantage count. Not surprisngly this season. It's been a mid table team display from the squad.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4074 on: April 20, 2021, 03:42:11 am »
Indeed...we failed to make the advantage count. Not surprisngly this season. It's been a mid table team display from the squad.
I had the reason to be most pessimistic today of most here (personal stuff, nothing to do with the result), but this is way too pessimistic. We were not going to win all of our games. We will trash United and will qualify.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4075 on: April 20, 2021, 03:45:41 am »
We can't win the League, we can't get relegated, and we are guaranteed a place in the European Scab league. So who cares.

I was basically numb watching the game tonight.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4076 on: April 20, 2021, 03:49:08 am »

Still every chance, but this result basically reiterated one thing. We're not very good. Or, we're not very good at the moment and haven't been all season long.

Leeds battered us in the second half. I wouldn't be that confident against any side at the moment. That feeling and aura of invincibility from 18/19 and 19/20 is gone.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4077 on: April 20, 2021, 05:03:46 am »
Still every chance, but this result basically reiterated one thing. We're not very good. Or, we're not very good at the moment and haven't been all season long.

Leeds battered us in the second half. I wouldn't be that confident against any side at the moment. That feeling and aura of invincibility from 18/19 and 19/20 is gone.

We are not good at all. Madrid drew at Getafe in the weekend. We made them look like they are so brilliant when they are not. Having us qualify next year, will be like Wenger last few UCL campaigns. The first good side and we will be out. Our owners will also be providing us maybe a few millions to help us in our rebuild. Once again our options on the bench will be the likes of Origi etc. Firmino will play every single game and will score 3 goals in the whole season (but at least he works hard).

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #4078 on: April 20, 2021, 05:22:19 am »
We need to lose a couple of games, we don't want the Europa cup Thursday games and then Sunday premier games. The ESL won't happen. To much pressure on the clubs involved now, they'll back away.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4079 on: April 20, 2021, 09:57:43 am »
We need top 4 is we want a chance to win the league next season. Being in Europa and having less money to invest will set us back massively.

Got to win our reamining games and we'll get it. Also got to hope other teams lose a few.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker