Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1774987 times)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Re: Lets Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #400 on: December 30, 2014, 01:36:46 am »
Was pissed off with some idiots in Lower Anfield Road booing Mignolet when his name was read out (yes actually booing) and then whenever he did something so much aggression towards him and then going 'weeeey' whenever he kicked the ball. I know he's as shite as the next man does right now but the boy doesn't deserve that from his own 'fans'.

Same idiots were laughing when Swansea changed 'feed the scousers' early doors - one nudged the other and went 'feed the scousers ha ha ha ha'

Wonder about the mentality of these people.

I wonder if those people who laughed realized that by being a Liverpool fan it's actually aimed at them also.

Reminds me of -

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4U0AqxlxfBs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4U0AqxlxfBs</a>
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: December 30, 2014, 01:50:45 am »
Was a positive feeling going around for the last 30 or so minutes today that I haven't felt since last season. Everybody enjoying the football and appreciating what was happening, rather than constant moaning + terror at our performance. few dickheads jumping right on Balotelli, but that's par for the course

I'm still trying to work out the delayed reaction to our first goal. Was I the only one who noticed it?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #402 on: December 30, 2014, 05:59:28 am »
Was pissed off with some idiots in Lower Anfield Road booing Mignolet when his name was read out (yes actually booing) and then whenever he did something so much aggression towards him and then going 'weeeey' whenever he kicked the ball. I know he's as shite as the next man does right now but the boy doesn't deserve that from his own 'fans'.

Same idiots were laughing when Swansea changed 'feed the scousers' early doors - one nudged the other and went 'feed the scousers ha ha ha ha'

Wonder about the mentality of these people.

Like I said to the gobshite in the Upper Anny the other week after he spent the entire first half screaming abuse at our players and then taking photos of the Arsenal fans, its liking going to a brothel, picking the best looking bird and then paying for her to kick you in the bollocks.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2014, 09:51:08 am »
Was in 108 last night. I think the pressure on Mignolet from the whole crowd doesn't help.. Yes his kicking is woeful and he does make you nervous but surely we don't help?

People behind me were straight on Balotelli's back. I agreed with what they were saying in truth, but Is it really hard to say nothing for 10minutes?

I actually thought the atmosphere was okay in stages. Never expected much with the Monday night over Christmas. It's a vicious circle though.. The players need to give us something to cheer before they get a good atmosphere. Last season is a great example. The fans have no confidence in the team and it's makes the players nervous, which makes the fans mor nervous. 

When there were moments to cheer, the atmosphere picked up a lot, straight after the second goal. We concede a sloppy goal and the nerves came straight back in the crowd.

I think the fans lack confidence in the team. Until this changes (which slowly I think it's starting to) then the atmosphere is going to stay worse than ever!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #404 on: December 30, 2014, 05:36:59 pm »
Some fella behind me last night before kick off. 'I've emailed the club to opt out of the Europa League auto cup scheme. I probably won't get a reply so i'll have to ring them up. I play 5 a side on a Thursday as well.' Miserable get!! :wanker
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline livesound

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #405 on: December 30, 2014, 07:02:17 pm »
If you support not local and support Liverpool then I don't have a problem with this, but if you diss us Scousers then JOG THE FUCK ON!!!

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 30, 2014, 07:10:35 pm »
The pressure on Mignolet was immense last night , not only being dropped , but his two little cock ups against burnley being highlighted a good few times on sky for a few days then large section of the crowds cheering when he kicked it right and then showing there anxiety when he was under pressure isn't helping him .
The lad needed proper support when he came out last night but alas that doesn't happen anymore .

I always remember phil Neal going through a torrid few months at anfield and his form dipped enormously to the point where as well as abuse from the paddock and kemlyn road as it was then A chant demanding him out the team was being heard . At rock bottom he comes out for a game and instead of the usual dalglish chant being first , his name was chanted and he responded and didn't look back then until he finished his career . Always remember him in the press saying how grateful he was for that show of support and made him more determined . Times have changed !

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2014, 05:55:50 am »
Those Swansea fans are pretty generic, aren't they? Remember last season as well, they just sing the same generic stuff for 90 minutes.
YNWA.

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #408 on: December 31, 2014, 11:31:44 am »
Was told of in 124 by some 60 year old'ish woman and her man when I was singing. Makes you wonder why the fuck they just don't sit at home in front of the telly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:47:07 am by garumn »

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #409 on: December 31, 2014, 11:55:47 am »
Was over for the game with some mates from here, three of which never went before and the other one had his first time on The Kop. Thought it was alright myself, atmosphere-wise. However the day before we went to Man City v Burnley and apart from the class away fans, it was much like a funeral there so the other lads thought it was terrific at Anfield in comparison.

The only thing that stood out was Balotelli's reception on The Kop. I'm sure even Gary Neville took longer than eight minutes to have the entire Kop slagging him off.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #410 on: December 31, 2014, 12:17:59 pm »
Was told of in 124 by some 60 year old'ish woman and her man when I was singing. Makes you wonder why the fuck they just don't sit at home in front of the telly.

sadly alot of people treat going the match like they are at home infront of the telly.   They want an unrestricted view.  Dont disrupt their train of thought with singing or chanting or shouting.

I think the fans lack confidence in the team.

this is the rub, twenty years ago we had black novemeber, when a succession of defeats in the league left us with little chance of catching arsenal or the mancs for a title challenge.  Since then we've got worse with black octobers, septembers and augusts and other teams have had billion pound spends to get them up their competing.   Season after season of transition, 5 year plans, new managers, 2nd rate players and we go in hoping that we'll luck out.  No real belief that the team will really do anything. 

Nobody went into last season with genuine belief we'd win the title but a good run of form saw momentum build and atmospheres improve.  One step forward for the team and atmosphere and another set back when we sell our best player and back to small time mentality signings.  Young fellas and outcasts that we hope turn up and put in a performance.   We've been indifferent all season with very little to sing about.  We're having abit of a run of form, we've made inroads in closing the points gap, and the january window is here.

Here's to hope!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #411 on: December 31, 2014, 01:08:33 pm »
We're a right shower'a bastards when we lose.

Don't ever, ever forget that.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: December 31, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »
We're a right shower'a bastards when we lose.

Don't ever, ever forget that.

And yet the team hasn't been booed off the pitch once the whole year.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #413 on: December 31, 2014, 01:23:22 pm »

But we're all booing on the inside tho

I mime my booing and general air of dissatisfaction. I'm like the Lionel Blair of the Spion Kop.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: December 31, 2014, 01:33:32 pm »
But we're all booing on the inside tho

I mime my booing and general air of dissatisfaction. I'm like the Lionel Blair of the Spion Kop.

;D

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
« Reply #415 on: December 31, 2014, 01:38:00 pm »
And what was your reply?
I fucking hate elements of our 'support'

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 1, 2015, 02:52:54 pm »
If you support not local and support Liverpool then I don't have a problem with this, but if you diss us Scousers then JOG THE FUCK ON!!!

It's the ones that go the match wearing "Scouse" wigs thinking they're hilarious that does me head in.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 1, 2015, 02:53:38 pm »
It's the ones that go the match wearing "Scouse" wigs thinking they're hilarious that does me head in.

calm down

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #418 on: January 1, 2015, 02:56:54 pm »

This is why Anfield and Liverpool supporters are special!
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: January 1, 2015, 08:01:20 pm »
Atmosphere to match the performance today.   Without wanting to sound like an auld arse there was a time when a Liverpool team attacking the Kop in the last 15 minutes chasing a winner would be roared on, no matter how poor the team were.   Sick and tired of being surrounded by supporters lacking any passion whatsoever, and the vast majority were local, not a whopper or camera in sight.    It would be interesting to see how many 18-25yr olds were on the Kop today?   Probably around 500 max. 
« Last Edit: January 2, 2015, 11:13:28 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: January 1, 2015, 08:16:23 pm »
It was dire today, went in at half time 2-0 up and 99% of the people in the ground dozed off, including the team on the pitch. Then the early birds starting fucking off with 20 minutes left.

So many people just not arsed. iPads at the ready for a Stevie pen moment.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline KForshaw

• Kemlynite
« Reply #422 on: January 2, 2015, 02:34:34 pm »
Yesterday a guy two rows infront of me was taking photos of the away fans celebrating their equaliser from MX. Tapped the guy in front of me and told him to just knock his phone out of his hand for me, semi-jokingly (knew it wouldn't happen of course).

Worst atmosphere I have ever seen at Anfield (and I'm getting tired of saying it because it just gets worse and worse), heard maybe two chants the whole game. Pathetic.

Rip the seats up and make the Kop standing, along with permitting flags to be flown throughout the match. The likes of dortmund and bayern munich allow this, and it makes the atmosphere a whole lot better. Would be tempted to say renew all season tickets as well although it will never happen. 25,000 odd regular season ticket holders need to be held to account for the atmosphere and everyone knows it.

Don't know what the expansion of Anfield is going to do to the atmosphere but something needs to be done to make it better.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: January 2, 2015, 02:39:51 pm »
Some lads near to me started chanting and those around us killed it dead by instantly laughing at them as if they were crazy.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: January 2, 2015, 02:49:03 pm »
Always shit on new years day with hangovers galore and lots of tired faces.

Turned around and snapped at some bloke in the main stand who never shut up shitting on Sakho for 90 minutes, saying he's afraid to pass forward and calling him Traore every 30 seconds. Funny enough he went silent when Sakho carried the ball forward and played in Henderson for a good chance.

The average age at Anfield must be incredibly high these days, not that John Henry cares
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: January 2, 2015, 03:22:55 pm »
Those Swansea fans are pretty generic, aren't they? Remember last season as well, they just sing the same generic stuff for 90 minutes.

the full Soccer AM song sheet. what a gang of unoriginal biffs 

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #426 on: January 2, 2015, 04:32:13 pm »
the full Soccer AM song sheet. what a gang of unoriginal biffs 

Not as bad as Leicester. They're still doing the 'you're shit, aahhh' after the keeper takes a goal kick.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #427 on: January 2, 2015, 05:29:19 pm »
Not as bad as Leicester. They're still doing the 'you're shit, aahhh' after the keeper takes a goal kick.

Without doubt the single worst football 'chant' ever. I fucking despise that with a passion.

The whole "you let your country down" shout (that they also directed at Sterling in the away game too) was moronic too. Bellends.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline KForshaw

• Kemlynite
« Reply #428 on: January 2, 2015, 06:46:43 pm »

Turned around and snapped at some bloke in the main stand who never shut up shitting on Sakho for 90 minutes, saying he's afraid to pass forward and calling him Traore every 30 seconds. Funny enough he went silent when Sakho carried the ball forward and played in Henderson for a good chance.

The average age at Anfield must be incredibly high these days, not that John Henry cares

I did the same to some guy behind me in the Annie Road end a few games ago who was throwing vile abuse at Mignolet. He was about the same age as my dad and just told me to "fuck off, dickhead"...don't think he appreciated being told to shut up but he 100% needed to be told.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #429 on: January 2, 2015, 06:58:02 pm »

Thing is though, there is ALWAYS an excuse for every match.

"Early kick off"
"Weak opponents"
"Cup game"
"Europe mid week"
"Poor 11"
"Xmas, New Years".

It's just an endless barrage of excuses.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 2, 2015, 07:04:21 pm »
I did the same to some guy behind me in the Annie Road end a few games ago who was throwing vile abuse at Mignolet. He was about the same age as my dad and just told me to "fuck off, dickhead"...don't think he appreciated being told to shut up but he 100% needed to be told.

There seems to be a definite correlation between age and how much you moan during the game
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #431 on: January 2, 2015, 07:12:55 pm »
I thought I was in a church yesterday it was so quiet. About 7 of us sung our hearts out whilst everybody around us was either slagging the team off or texting. Sad

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 2, 2015, 07:14:40 pm »

At least our away support is pretty decent on the whole. I couldn't believe it when those inbreeds did that yesterday.

I turned to the lad next to me and said that's the first time I've heard that for many a year. Even the most hardcore of whopper away fans (Villa, Stoke and Swansea to name but 3) don't even descend to the depths of that pathetic chant.

Anyway, Leicester will be gone next season thank fuck.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 2, 2015, 07:58:14 pm »
I thought I was in a church yesterday it was so quiet. About 7 of us sung our hearts out whilst everybody around us was either slagging the team off or texting. Sad
:) We could barely drown their SG song out.
To be honest I think it was a strange day. Due to some mad circumstances I ended up taking my daughter on my ST and my mate took his mum :)

Then all around me there was loads of dads & really young kids I hadn't seen before.
People either couldn't make it or planned to pass ST's to a relative well before.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #434 on: January 2, 2015, 10:48:01 pm »
There seems to be a definite correlation between age and how much you moan during the game

you might go the game aged 18 but 90minutes of shite doesn't half age you

the transformation something like this.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 2, 2015, 11:21:17 pm »
:) We could barely drown their SG song out.
To be honest I think it was a strange day. Due to some mad circumstances I ended up taking my daughter on my ST and my mate took his mum :)

Then all around me there was loads of dads & really young kids I hadn't seen before.
People either couldn't make it or planned to pass ST's to a relative well before.
Had a similar impression, there were lots of young kids and teenagers on the Kop, think plenty of Christmas pressies were tickets for the match.

Was sandwiched between a foreign couple (at least she clapped with the few songs a couple of times), and two kids who were decked out from head to toe in Liverpool gear but didn't open their mouth once.

Was in 304 and the next person who was singing was a few rows behind me, everyone else was absolutely silent. Very strange match.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #436 on: January 2, 2015, 11:37:28 pm »
Was in 108 last night. I think the pressure on Mignolet from the whole crowd doesn't help.. Yes his kicking is woeful and he does make you nervous but surely we don't help?

People behind me were straight on Balotelli's back. I agreed with what they were saying in truth, but Is it really hard to say nothing for 10minutes?

I actually thought the atmosphere was okay in stages. Never expected much with the Monday night over Christmas. It's a vicious circle though.. The players need to give us something to cheer before they get a good atmosphere. Last season is a great example. The fans have no confidence in the team and it's makes the players nervous, which makes the fans mor nervous. 

When there were moments to cheer, the atmosphere picked up a lot, straight after the second goal. We concede a sloppy goal and the nerves came straight back in the crowd.

I think the fans lack confidence in the team. Until this changes (which slowly I think it's starting to) then the atmosphere is going to stay worse than ever!

If you thought it was quiet Monday, it was a fucking sight worse yesterday. Agree about Balotelli, some cock around row 21 was giving it loads before he got on.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #437 on: January 7, 2015, 07:42:14 pm »
Thought this was worth posting in here - Spurs have banned selfie sticks from WHL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30719592
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 7, 2015, 07:44:15 pm »
Thought this was worth posting in here - Spurs have banned selfie sticks from WHL.

United already done it too. Would love to see us follow them

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 7, 2015, 08:38:53 pm »

Someone email LFC? Let's all do it ;D