Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3473542 times)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67120 on: December 22, 2021, 04:37:30 pm »
Stupid question, me and my dad caught it at the same time and have been isolating together in the house. With the change of rules about leaving isolation early we did LFTs earlier, mine came back negative but my dad is still positive. Do we now need to stay away from eachother?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67121 on: December 22, 2021, 04:59:46 pm »
Stupid question, me and my dad caught it at the same time and have been isolating together in the house. With the change of rules about leaving isolation early we did LFTs earlier, mine came back negative but my dad is still positive. Do we now need to stay away from eachother?

Wouldn't think so. Your immune system is still on high alert fighting off covid, so you're extremely unlikely to pick it up so soon again. I would keep doing a LFT every day though just in case.

Imo, the LFTs are good at showing if you're infectious, whereas the PCRs are good at showing if you're infected.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67122 on: December 22, 2021, 05:03:16 pm »
Omicron has peaked in London. Case numbers not as good as recently, but still better than we might have feared a couple of weeks ago

Not sure it actually has, or if people have just stopped testing...

Impossible to tell obviously.

The same drop, when a continued rise was expected, seems quite common. Always wonder if it's to do with people self-policing once the increase in cases hits the news. Just things like wearing masks more, not going out, staying further away from others.

In any case, lets hope the downward trend continues!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #67123 on: December 22, 2021, 05:16:34 pm »
Not sure it actually has, or if people have just stopped testing...

Impossible to tell obviously.

The same drop, when a continued rise was expected, seems quite common. Always wonder if it's to do with people self-policing once the increase in cases hits the news. Just things like wearing masks more, not going out, staying further away from others.

In any case, lets hope the downward trend continues!

That's the biggest fear I have, that people are not testing. I've already heard some say they won't bother doing it. It's completely insane. Finger's crossed though that it is maybe better than first feared. Time will tell I guess.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67124 on: December 22, 2021, 05:36:19 pm »
Wouldn't think so. Your immune system is still on high alert fighting off covid, so you're extremely unlikely to pick it up so soon again. I would keep doing a LFT every day though just in case.

Imo, the LFTs are good at showing if you're infectious, whereas the PCRs are good at showing if you're infected.
thanks for that. I phoned 119 earlier as well to be sure and the woman on the phone seemed pretty certain it'd be fine. Just suddenly panicking once those results came back!

Cheers :)

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67125 on: December 22, 2021, 06:00:56 pm »
I have felt really rough the last few days. Today marks a week since our booster. and the last time I have left the house. Slept like a log all day yesterday, My issue is where the hell is all this green mucus cough/runny mucus from the nose coming from? My sides hurt a bit from all the mucus coughing.  Its like a lake. At least today I have managed to get up and am sitting at the computer. My pharmacist said to take paracetamol and lay low for a few more days. Cannot get though to my GP as he is hiding is his covid bunker. They just refer you to 119 and don't seem willing to help at all my GP I mean. I feel a little btter overall I guess.

It sounds like you've got a cold - not sure what you are expecting the GP to do about it?

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #67126 on: December 22, 2021, 06:02:09 pm »
It sounds like you've got a cold - not sure what you are expecting the GP to do about it?

He's disabled, and also cares for his Mum.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67127 on: December 22, 2021, 06:02:38 pm »
I have felt really rough the last few days. Today marks a week since our booster. and the last time I have left the house. Slept like a log all day yesterday, My issue is where the hell is all this green mucus cough/runny mucus from the nose coming from? My sides hurt a bit from all the mucus coughing.  Its like a lake. At least today I have managed to get up and am sitting at the computer. My pharmacist said to take paracetamol and lay low for a few more days. Cannot get though to my GP as he is hiding is his covid bunker. They just refer you to 119 and don't seem willing to help at all my GP I mean. I feel a little btter overall I guess.

You shouldn't need to see a GP for a heavy cold (if not Covid) but give 119 a call as decent folk on there

Make sure you are testing daily if you can though 
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #67128 on: December 22, 2021, 06:10:47 pm »

I was a bit hesitant to reply earlier on because I'm not sure if my experience had anything to do with the booster or not. I'll relate it anyway.

A few weeks ago (a Wednesday) I was working in the garden until late. Making a log reindeer  ::) Anyway, I ended up working well after dark and in the rain too. It was chilly, but due to exerting myself I was sweating. Later on, I felt grotty. On the Friday I had a Pfizer booster after previously having two AZ jabs. I still felt a bit grotty over the weekend, but by Tuesday I had a killer sore throat, had lost my voice and I was coughing up blobs of thick green/yellow stuff. Blowing my nose was like emptying my sinuses of blobs of blood and also that same green/yellow stuff. Covid tests were negative and no one around me went down with anything either. I had no aches or anything, and it wasn't like the Covid I did have in August/September. It was top of my chest to my nose that was affected.

Was it reaction to the booster or just coincidence? I have no idea. I'm only putting it out there because it sounds similar to your own experience. I just took paracetamol and stayed in bed or under a blanket on the couch. I've started going out again when I have to now, but I still cough up the odd blob of greenery, although I've improved an awful lot.

It felt different to colds I've had previously, so that can be disconcerting when a new Covid variant is about and you've also just had a vaccine jab in cold and flu season. I was 99.9% sure it wasn't Covid again in my own case, but the possibility still played with my mind.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better again very soon. It sounds like you are over the worst of it. Take care, Scouse.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 06:19:05 pm by Son of Ebenezer »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67129 on: December 22, 2021, 06:29:57 pm »
Latest report from imperial.  Lots of reason to be positive here (but not a reason to celebrate.). They’ve managed to filter the effects of prior infection and vaccinations and work out the relative severity of omicron.

15-20% less likely to need hosp care with omicron v delta
if you’ve had covid before, 50-60% less likely
BUT risk of hosp same for delta & omicron if you’ve had just 2 vax

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/covid-19/report-50-severity-omicron/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 06:31:42 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67130 on: December 22, 2021, 06:35:57 pm »
I was a bit hesitant to reply earlier on because I'm not sure if my experience had anything to do with the booster or not. I'll relate it anyway.

A few weeks ago (a Wednesday) I was working in the garden until late. Making a log reindeer  ::) Anyway, I ended up working well after dark and in the rain too. It was chilly, but due to exerting myself I was sweating. Later on, I felt grotty. On the Friday I had a Pfizer booster after previously having two AZ jabs. I still felt a bit grotty over the weekend, but by Tuesday I had a killer sore throat, had lost my voice and I was coughing up blobs of thick green/yellow stuff. Blowing my nose was like emptying my sinuses of blobs of blood and also that same green/yellow stuff. Covid tests were negative and no one around me went down with anything either. I had no aches or anything, and it wasn't like the Covid I did have in August/September. It was top of my chest to my nose that was affected.

Was it reaction to the booster or just coincidence? I have no idea. I'm only putting it out there because it sounds similar to your own experience. I just took paracetamol and stayed in bed or under a blanket on the couch. I've started going out again when I have to now, but I still cough up the odd blob of greenery, although I've improved an awful lot.

It felt different to colds I've had previously, so that can be disconcerting when a new Covid variant is about and you've also just had a vaccine jab in cold and flu season. I was 99.9% sure it wasn't Covid again in my own case, but the possibility still played with my mind.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better again very soon. It sounds like you are over the worst of it. Take care, Scouse.

The vaccine is making your immune system work. So any other infection you get on to of that will activate it even more. That can make you feel especially lousy.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67131 on: December 22, 2021, 06:41:23 pm »
I have had the same. Had my moderna booster last Thursday and had cold like symptoms since, runny nose and coughing up mucus the last few days. Not too bad otherwise, did have a hot port and brandy which helped.
thinking about it, had similar since my booster on 10th December, runny nose, bit of a cough and bit of mucus, not stopping me from doing anything but constantly having to blow nose. I put it down to winter sniffles and LFT showed as clear but it has been since I had the Moderna booster. Might not be related of course, symptoms have eased off today too which is good
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67132 on: December 22, 2021, 06:46:40 pm »
The vaccine is making your immune system work. So any other infection you get on to of that will activate it even more. That can make you feel especially lousy.
It seems like that was the case for me.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #67133 on: December 22, 2021, 06:50:43 pm »
@ Son of Ebenezer thank you for your very informative and reassuring post. My worry is more so for my elderly mother. We look after each other. We sleep in opposite ends of  bedroom with distance for example. She gets up loads at night to go too the loo and she just feels more reassured that I am near her so she does not fail or anything. You wear a mask but your still in the same bubble and so you worry. The same goes for her with me making sure I am comfortable or she needs something at night etc especially the last few days with this cold or whatever it is?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67134 on: December 22, 2021, 06:57:11 pm »
@ Son of Ebenezer thank you for your very informative and reassuring post. My worry is more so for my elderly mother. We look after each other. We sleep in opposite ends of  bedroom with distance for example. She gets up loads at night to go too the loo and she just feels more reassured that I am near her so she does not fail or anything. You wear a mask but your still in the same bubble and so you worry. The same goes for her with me making sure I am comfortable or she needs something at night etc especially the last few days with this cold or whatever it is?

I understand your worries. I've read with interest your posts throughout this entire pandemic. I can only imagine how tough it's been for you and your Mum. It warms my heart to hear how you look after each other, it really does. I hope you have as good a Christmas as you can. All the best to your good self and your Mum.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #67135 on: December 22, 2021, 07:06:44 pm »
Thank you! Went down to Alder Hey and now have a dose of Pfizer coursing through my veins.

glad you are now boosted. All the very best to you.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67136 on: December 22, 2021, 07:16:13 pm »
Interesting paper from Edinburgh university

https://www.pure.ed.ac.uk/ws/portalfiles/portal/245818096/Severity_of_Omicron_variant_of_concern_and_vaccine_effectiveness_against_symptomatic_disease.pdf

Basically, 2/3rds reduction in hospitalisation compared to delta.

Boosters doing a fine job.

If you’re triple jabbed, you’ve little need to worry.

I think back to the days of washing food as it entered the house last April, we’re not there yet, but we’ve come a long way
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #67137 on: December 22, 2021, 07:19:28 pm »
Omicron has peaked in London. Case numbers not as good as recently, but still better than we might have feared a couple of weeks ago

Also

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #67138 on: December 22, 2021, 07:38:15 pm »
I still haven't seen anything in the London hospitalisation data that would look massively worrying in normal times, maybe more a concern at the moment whether a combination of staff absences through Covid and the NHS struggling generally after "running hot" for nearly 2 years, have significantly reduced our ability to deal with any upswing in cases.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67139 on: December 22, 2021, 07:54:56 pm »
Thanks to those that responded to my earlier post. Its somewhat reassuring regarding data of recent double jabs. Still a concern for my ma, who will be aware that if shes positive, it puts Christmas day up in the air. This fucking thing...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67140 on: December 22, 2021, 08:42:04 pm »
Thanks to those that responded to my earlier post. Its somewhat reassuring regarding data of recent double jabs. Still a concern for my ma, who will be aware that if shes positive, it puts Christmas day up in the air. This fucking thing...

I feel for you, it's a lousy time for all this to happen, but it does look as though the vaccines are doing their job and that's at least encouraging.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67141 on: December 22, 2021, 08:47:28 pm »
If you look at specimen date (I should have done this before 4pm to see change!)

If you wanted to see how long it takes the data to come through, I looked a while back (I think last winter), and on average compared to the final total, it was around 20% after 1 day, 80% after 2 days, 95% after 3 and 98% after 5.

I don't know if the pattern still holds exactly the same, and there are always some variances day to day, but gives you a rough idea.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67142 on: December 22, 2021, 10:09:45 pm »
Glad that you're alright Lobo :)

So being a leftist to you means wishing death on your political enemies who weren't even governing you? Solidarity in action! Not getting vaccinated at his age is stupid but it doesn't justify celebrating him laying dead either.
I wasn't celebrating, but I save my pity for other people. So I won't judge nature doing what it did. The AfD would happily go for a fourth Reich tomorrow if we let them. There should not be solidarity with any of them, have you heard what their members say at rallies and seen who their bedfellows are and witnessed the way they behave and speak in the German parliaments? And a political enemy does not need to govern in order to do a lot of damage. Check out at what Frottage and his ilk are responsible for; never even came near government, but still had influence across the board and we all know where that has led.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 10:32:17 pm by lamad »

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67143 on: December 22, 2021, 10:52:07 pm »
Not really. Most of what we’ve heard in the media so far about it being mild in South Africa suffers from the variables Tepid has outlined.

It’s mostly a direct comparison of hospitalisation rates between delta wave time period to omicron wave time period. The confounding variables are that delta hit within a time period of very little vaccination (different to now) and was so widespread that it gave huge levels of infection immunity. So omicron is hitting at a time of far higher vaccination rates and far higher levels of some previous infection. We would expect a direct comparison of hospitalisation rates between the two waves without correcting for those variables to show us that omicron is milder. In fact if it didn’t show that without those corrections and it was the same - we would be really screwed.

It may be easier to pick apart those confounding variables in the UK data rather than the South African data. But it’s important to know too the contribution of those variables - it’s clear that the omicron wave having less disease burden in UK relies far more on vaccination immunity as opposed to South Africa which relies more of infection immunity.

The data is likely to show that for the vast majority of us - infection with omicron will be milder than an infection with delta - because we’ve had various combinations of vaccination, booster and infections - a lot more exposure. But it’s also likely to show that it’s pretty much the same for those who haven’t had vaccination and haven’t had a previous infection.

The real comparison to make is what are the outcomes of delta infections over the past 3 weeks compared to omicron infections. They’ve been occurring in the same population essentially - though as Tepid points out some correction would still be needed if they are infecting slightly different subsets of the population with regard to age/vaccination status etc. The answer to is omicron inherently milder will come from comparing like for like - what are the outcomes of delta/omicron in recent infections in those unvaccinated, what are the outcomes in recent infections of those vaccinated between the two.
We had some of this type of data come out of Edinburgh and Imperial today to go along with the South African and Danish data. The excellent John Burn-Murdoch does a great job of distilling down what these studies all mean.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1473772679425581069?s=21

News is very encouraging but it’s important not to lift one figure from one of the studies and use it a basis to declare this will pose us no real problems. The whole package of omicron is what’s relevant.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67144 on: December 22, 2021, 11:05:03 pm »
Do you get sick pay? Personally, I'd be looking at just going on the sick during my notice period, get the GP to sign you off for anxiety do to them forcing you to go into the office while all this is going on.
GP's not signing anyone off for the first 28 days until end of Jan due to Covid, you have to self certify for a while.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67145 on: December 23, 2021, 12:19:16 am »
Am I right in thinking they're still not including re-infections at all in the case counts?  If so that seems a bit of an oversight considering there's anecdotal evidence that reinfection is more likely with Omicron.

My two young sons have had three separate Covid infections that we know of, all presumably picked up from their school (March '20, November '20 and November '21).  It seems weird to not include the two later infections in the case numbers.  We're nearly two years into the pandemic so I expect lots are in similar positions.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67146 on: December 23, 2021, 07:03:55 am »
Is the reduction to seven days based on some new science? Or because we can't afford to keep staff out for ten days?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67148 on: December 23, 2021, 08:11:30 am »
Bloody hell.  What an insult to those health professionals
Do you mean the comments?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67150 on: December 23, 2021, 09:36:20 am »
No, those who put such stress on them by failing to get vaccinated
W

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #67151 on: December 23, 2021, 10:42:26 am »
Is the reduction to seven days based on some new science? Or because we can't afford to keep staff out for ten days?

Pretty sure it will be the latter.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67152 on: December 23, 2021, 10:43:16 am »

The NHS is under stress, say nothing of the fact that they have been at the forefront of this covid fight for the last couple of years. People need to open their eyes and understand the stress that these people operate under. They get abused, they have people comparing them to the ruddy Nazi's. They then have to watch as these people who have been conned into believing the vaccines are "bad for you" die in front of them, while people beg for a vaccine and they can do nothing about it. People take these (not saying you do) people for granted over and over and it's just wrong. I know a lot of people do not like social media, but try following some of the accounts of doctors and nurses and what they have to now put up with, as they do their job. It's harrowing.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67153 on: December 23, 2021, 11:02:58 am »
Any idea why I might still be testing positive on a LFT despite first testing positive almost 14 days ago? Am I likely to still be contagious? I had two negative PCR tests a week or so ago as well, further compounding my confusion...

(I've had no symptoms at all at any stage)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67154 on: December 23, 2021, 11:04:51 am »
Any idea why I might still be testing positive on a LFT despite first testing positive almost 14 days ago? Am I likely to still be contagious? I had two negative PCR tests a week or so ago as well, further compounding my confusion...

It'll be picking up trace elements of the virus in your nose. Very unlikely you are still contagious.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67155 on: December 23, 2021, 11:07:46 am »

Covid can stay inside for about 30 days which is why they say don't test, once you've had it. You are just going to come out being positive. Do you have any symptoms still such as coughing or a sore throat if you do, maybe keep isolating until they have disappeared.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67156 on: December 23, 2021, 11:08:15 am »
NHS website says not to test for 90 days after a positive PCR. I've been adhering to that, assuming you may still get a positive when you're uncontagious. Why I don't understand the government guidelines about being able to leave isolation after seven days and two clear tests. It contradicts their own advice about not doing them.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #67157 on: December 23, 2021, 11:10:30 am »
NHS website says not to test for 90 days after a positive PCR. I've been adhering to that, assuming you may still get a positive when you're uncontagious. Why I don't understand the government guidelines about being able to leave isolation after seven days and two clear tests. It contradicts their own advice about not doing them.

That’s what confused me too.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67158 on: December 23, 2021, 11:11:21 am »
No, those who put such stress on them by failing to get vaccinated
ah ok. I always struggle with twitter links. I saw a photo and the headline of 8/10.  Then a load of shitty comments.
Totally get what you are saying about the unvaccinated heaping the misery on the poor sods.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67159 on: December 23, 2021, 11:11:44 am »

I would say if you suddenly get new symptoms then to do a test especially with the new virus going around. I had covid in November but I have started to use laterals now if I am going out. It would presumably pick up if you were re-infected. I took one yesterday when I woke up with a sore throat but it came back negative so I'm taking another one to see if I can make my booster appointment later on.