Author Topic: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers, but no answers*  (Read 399951 times)

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
Re: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers of future episodes*
« Reply #6520 on: May 5, 2010, 03:10:40 pm »
Spoiler
Oh my gosh. Don't even know what to say :'(
[close]
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #6521 on: May 5, 2010, 03:22:57 pm »
Spoiler
Absolutely diabolical that Jin and Sun dying is supposed to be believable. Not ten minutes before Jin was stuck, were they talking about their daughter. Are we really supposed to believe that during the scene in which Sun was adamant he'd never leave Jin, and rather die with her, that the thought of leaving their daughter an orphan never occured?

Doubt it.
[close]
hi

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #6522 on: May 5, 2010, 06:23:48 pm »
Spoiler
Yeah it was weird. But I just don't think Jin wanted to leave Sun again. Maybe deep down they knew about the alternate universe? Who knows.

I thought the whole Sayid thing was weird. Why did he even get on the sub? I thought he had turned completely evil and was working as Locke's accomplice? If he was evil, why would he sacrifice himself to try and save the others?
[close]
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6523 on: May 5, 2010, 06:54:53 pm »
Spoiler
Yeah it was weird. But I just don't think Jin wanted to leave Sun again. Maybe deep down they knew about the alternate universe? Who knows.

I thought the whole Sayid thing was weird. Why did he even get on the sub? I thought he had turned completely evil and was working as Locke's accomplice? If he was evil, why would he sacrifice himself to try and save the others?
[close]

Spoiler
Locke was tricking them into going on the sub so he could kill them all or rather get them all to kill themselves (Sawyer).

Remember when Sayid went to kill Desmond and Desmond was all "what will you tell the woman you love when she asks what you did to be with her brother?"? Well that was the point he grew a conscience and they hinted at it when Locke asked if he killed Desmond and when Sayid lied there was a little glare from Locke.
[close]

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #6524 on: May 5, 2010, 07:03:13 pm »
Spoiler
The bastards killed sayd

nooooooooo!
[close]
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6525 on: May 5, 2010, 07:14:35 pm »
Never tried it, but my friends have told me that if you wait for the whole episode to download from megavideo, and then cut your internet connection you can watch the whole thing without any breaks. That should help, assuming my friends are right.

ive heard that, but it requires patience dammit! :P
ill probs have to end up doing that to be honest.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6526 on: May 5, 2010, 07:15:40 pm »
Spoiler
I didn't care much for Sun but fucking hell that was tough. Sayid as well, since he had the darkness in him not really cared about him but still he went out perfectly, saving everyone else. Can not wait for next week, the Jacob/MiB episode. Fuck yeah.
[close]
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6527 on: May 5, 2010, 07:24:13 pm »
The season finale has been extended by an extra half hour, so it will be 2.5 hours long in total (including adverts).

Yes!! :D More Lost!

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6528 on: May 5, 2010, 07:26:07 pm »
Spoiler
Holy Shitballs!!! That was really great and very sad, up there with Charlie's death. The shot of them holding hands underwater and Hurley breaking down really got me...yeah I'm a sap. I think their arc was already done but I was still sad to see them go and Yunjim Kim is one of the best actors on the show.

No-one asking about Frank made me laugh though. It's been obvious for the last season and a half that he was only there as the 'flying the plane off the Island' plot device and then as soon as thats out of the window, bang, you're dead.

"There is no Sayid", that made me laugh too, he's had a good innings and a great episode this season. Sacrificing himself to save the others was a very satisfying end for his character, although I was expecting Ben to do that.

But they've cleared the board of the deadwood (except Kate, and why didn't they kill her off as even the MIB said she was now pointless) and the tedious plane and submarine subplots so it looks like we can get down to business with the Island finale now. Can't wait for next weeks!

Does anyone else think that MIB caused Locke's plane crash?

Oh and well done to Sawyer, you just killed four of your friends!

[close]
« Last Edit: May 5, 2010, 07:32:21 pm by Rusty Oysterburger »
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #6529 on: May 5, 2010, 07:44:56 pm »
how many episodes left?
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #6530 on: May 5, 2010, 07:46:25 pm »
how many episodes left?
15, 16 then 17 and 18 are together for the finale, so 4.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #6531 on: May 5, 2010, 07:47:34 pm »
Ta

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #6532 on: May 5, 2010, 10:39:44 pm »
Thought it was alright like, nothing special

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6533 on: May 5, 2010, 11:28:40 pm »
Spoiler
Can't believe Sayid and Jin and Sun died! I thought nothing would happen to Jin or Sun because they were candidates? Maybe it's just jack then who can't be hurt. Next week will hopefully be amazing though. Jacob and MIB centric
[close]

Offline skibaboo

• Baljeev's mate, and a good egg.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us dream, or at least stop the nightmares..
    • Anxiety Central
« Reply #6534 on: May 6, 2010, 12:08:42 am »
Spoiler
WOW that was quite brilliant. It actually took me by suprise how deeply it affected me. I was expecting it to be all shocks and suspense from here and never expected it to be so poignant, the bit on the beach and Hurley just set me off :(

And I was eating a hotdog and having a beer, as you do when watching lost (well I do anyway) and stupid bint that I am went to wipe my tears and smeared mustard in my fucking eye! oooooouch!

Seriously cannot wait for next week! Dammit, a week is too long to wait!
[close]
bj. coutinho will be labelled the greatest liverpool player of all time once he hangs up his boots
u can quote that, put it in ur sig

bj. and if he aint, ill eat my own penis
http://www.anxiety-central.com/

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6535 on: May 6, 2010, 12:31:45 am »
Spoiler
Can't believe Sayid and Jin and Sun died! I thought nothing would happen to Jin or Sun because they were candidates? Maybe it's just jack then who can't be hurt. Next week will hopefully be amazing though. Jacob and MIB centric
[close]

Spoiler
I think its none of them can kill themselves, and MIB and Jacob can't kill them either but they can kill each other. I'm pretty sure if they had done as Jack had said and just left the bomb it would have fizzled out, like the dynamite a few weeks ago. To be honest the rules for all these 'games' in Lost are still incredibly vague or completely unknown, like we still have no idea what the infection is that Sayid and Claire have, why it does that to them, where it comes from etc and with Sayid dying it sort of makes his whole plot line, and that of the Temple and the people in it, for this season pointless and totally undramatic, I find this quite frustrating and I'm willing to bet this isn't touched upon with only three and a bit hours left to wrap everything else up.

They are really hammering the Jack is the new Jacob stuff which makes me think they'll pull a 180 on this before the end.

[close]

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline skrtel_power

• but you can call me Elisha
  • Legacy Fan
  • He escaped from Walton Nik
« Reply #6536 on: May 6, 2010, 01:31:37 am »
Spoiler
thought it was clever killing off sun and jin they had run their course their story wasnt as interesting as the others

cannot wait for next week reckon alot of answers and a mind fuck or two are in store 
[close]

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6537 on: May 6, 2010, 08:49:33 am »
What an amazing episode. Was blown away by it last night, and watched it again on my Desire on the way into work this morning as well.

Some thoughts...

Spoiler

Is there any chance that Richard planted the bomb on the plane? Where is he?! He and Ben went off to blow up the plane.

MIB definetly can't kill them, and he was banking on one of them pulling the wire on the bomb. Sawyer got conned in a major way.

The Sun/Jin stuff was heart wrenching. The Mrs was in tears. They had had a conversation earlier about their daughter and who was looking after her, so I assume they were happy to die together knowing she was being looked after.

Loved the alternate timeline stuff, and Jack has become hugely likeable for me. A big turnaround from the depths of Season 3.

Love the story reversals as well. The initial 815 crash meant Locke could walk again, and in the alternate storyline, a plane crash put him in a wheel chair.

[close]

Oh and...

Spoiler

Locke's Mrs would get it!

[close]

« Last Edit: May 6, 2010, 08:52:02 am by Chivasino »

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6538 on: May 6, 2010, 11:10:11 am »
Spoiler
I think its none of them can kill themselves, and MIB and Jacob can't kill them either but they can kill each other. I'm pretty sure if they had done as Jack had said and just left the bomb it would have fizzled out, like the dynamite a few weeks ago. To be honest the rules for all these 'games' in Lost are still incredibly vague or completely unknown, like we still have no idea what the infection is that Sayid and Claire have, why it does that to them, where it comes from etc and with Sayid dying it sort of makes his whole plot line, and that of the Temple and the people in it, for this season pointless and totally undramatic, I find this quite frustrating and I'm willing to bet this isn't touched upon with only three and a bit hours left to wrap everything else up.

[close]

Spoiler
This is a bit a of a disappointment for me too. There's still time left for them to answer it and I'd like to think the writers are smarter than that, but at the moment it looks a bit like they swept it under the carpet. Claire's still alive and infected, and a telling of Smokie's back story might reveal what the infection is. I'll certainly be miffed if they don't mention it again.
[close]

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6539 on: May 6, 2010, 11:14:21 am »
Spoiler
Jacob always said that Jack had to come around in his own time. Jack was always forcing his views and theories on everyone so as soon as he stopped doing that and allowed himself to just be, everything has become clear to him.
There will prob be a twist but he's the guy at the moment
It was cool that MIB gave Jack numerous chances to prove himself to him...right up until he gave Jack the wrong backpack he was asking him if he would change his mind and blah blah blah. I think even he knows how powerful Jack could be for the Island

The infection is put aside, it seems. Sayid looks perfectly fine to me when he sacrificed himself for everyone else. Some who is infected with evil/dark side wouldnt have that kind of compassion.
[close]

Spoiler
Yes, Lockes Mrs is very fuckable....in a, 'lets not tell my mates' way :)
[close]
« Last Edit: May 6, 2010, 11:16:01 am by b_joseph »

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6540 on: May 6, 2010, 12:19:29 pm »
Next week is going to be unreal.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline a red revolution

• Legacy Fan
  • Forty-five!!
« Reply #6541 on: May 6, 2010, 12:35:06 pm »
Spoiler
The infection is put aside, it seems. Sayid looks perfectly fine to me when he sacrificed himself for everyone else. Some who is infected with evil/dark side wouldnt have that kind of compassion.
[close]

Spoiler
Really hope that we get an answer as to how Sayid fought or was cured of his infection. We’ve never actually seen the full conversation that he and Desmond had at the well (are we ever likely to?) so is it possible that Desmond was able to get through to whatever was left of the real Sayid? Or is it that interaction with Jack, seemingly the current favourite to be the new Jacob, helped to wear away at his “darkness”?

Oh and Locke, Flocke, MiB, whatever we’re calling him has supreme neck breaking skills :D I think of all things Terry O’Quinn’s performances will be the thing I miss most when Lost is finally over. Until I get all 6 seasons on DVD and watch em all from the start. . . .
[close]
"It is easy for these so-called experts to talk about the game when they don't see the training. . . . . it is easy for people to criticise on television; they have never managed a team that has lost a game - or won one."

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6542 on: May 6, 2010, 12:37:48 pm »
I've mentioned it a few times, but I want one thing answered. I want to know how/why Ben summoned the smoke monster when he was trapped by Widmore's men. Ben worked for Jacob, why would he call upon the MIB to help him.

Not holding out much hope for an answer.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6543 on: May 6, 2010, 12:46:27 pm »

Er Spoiler please.

Some of us watch it legitimately like you're meant to.  We're not all fuckin cheapskates yer know

;D

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6544 on: May 6, 2010, 12:52:02 pm »
Er Spoiler please.

Some of us watch it legitimately like you're meant to.  We're not all fuckin cheapskates yer know

;D

He's referring to season 4 and Widmore's men = Keamy. Not a spoiler :)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #6545 on: May 6, 2010, 01:02:33 pm »

It is for him - he's still waiting for Channel 4 to show the rest of them...

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6546 on: May 6, 2010, 01:08:32 pm »

Right. Well. Hmmph. Okay then. Sniff.

;D

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6547 on: May 6, 2010, 01:32:11 pm »
Spoiler

With Sun and Jin dead, does anyone think their baby could be the Kwon candidate?

[close]

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6548 on: May 6, 2010, 01:32:13 pm »
I've mentioned it a few times, but I want one thing answered. I want to know how/why Ben summoned the smoke monster when he was trapped by Widmore's men. Ben worked for Jacob, why would he call upon the MIB to help him.

Ben could never see or hear Jacob while he was the leader if I remember correctly? Maybe it was MIB tricking him into thinking he was Jacob, Widmore's ment being murdered was in the best interests of the MIB too....just a guess like.

I'd also like some clarification on the whole Jacob's Crazy Jungle Shack subplot, was that actually the MIB 'trapped' in there within the ash circle? If so, how did Smokey get out to roam the Island? I'm probably forgetting some detail that explained all this but it's doing my head in.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #6549 on: May 6, 2010, 02:38:27 pm »
What a fucking episode!!!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6550 on: May 6, 2010, 02:44:36 pm »

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6551 on: May 6, 2010, 09:04:39 pm »
Spoiler

With Sun and Jin dead, does anyone think their baby could be the Kwon candidate?

[close]

Too late for that. Would be such a cheap way out.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6553 on: May 7, 2010, 07:07:34 am »
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6554 on: May 7, 2010, 10:31:19 am »
Grrr

;D

Spoiler
You're going to cry tonight Timbo you big girls blouse

;)
[close]

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6555 on: May 7, 2010, 11:36:47 am »
So Jacob and MIB were playmates when young? This one is going to be a mindfuck.

I think you can assume they are brothers.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6556 on: May 7, 2010, 01:07:18 pm »
I reckon they are both Aaron

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #6557 on: May 7, 2010, 08:57:44 pm »
Yeah, that was Epic!

Just a question about it
Spoiler

Flocke at the end said something to Claire along the lines of they're not all gone. Does he know about the 4 surviving the Sub or was he talking about Desmond?

Also : Sayid " It's is going to be you Jack".. They're making it to obvious it's going to be Jack. Twist in store.

Wonder how they'll use Claire, Ben, Richard and Miles from here on in. One will make some big sacrifice I presume, probably Ben.

Also, Wish Kate would fuck off at this stage.

[close]

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #6558 on: May 7, 2010, 10:26:29 pm »
Its been aired now but a pretty special ep, so Ill use spoilers just in case...

Spoiler
I dont buy the whole 'sickness' thing, I just think Sayeed and Claire wereoperating under 'Lockes' orders as they were promised things they wanted, ie Aaron back and the bird Sayeed loved. Dont think Sayeed had to overcome an actuall sickness, just realise what the right thing to do was, I dont think there was ever any sort of influence other than the promise of what they truly wanted which made them act out of character. But what the fuck do I know, I have been predicting for the past 11 episodes we will find out what Black Smokes name is, which, by the way, for mw now has become something of an obsession and simply the most important thing in TV history for me.

Sun and Jin died, meh, saw it coming as soon as they were reunited last episode, their storylines were going nowhere, just leaves me feeling a llittle empty about them in general, plenty of flashbacks and forwards, but overall pretty unimportant - unless of course they play some part still in the flash sideways, which they are pretty much bound to do.

Oh and Im nominating next weeks episode for an emmy already. I know nothing about it other than MIB/Jacob centric, but thats all I need to know. I have been waiting for this for a looooong time, the episode to end all episodes.

Also where the deaths that big a shock? Knowing that next weeks episode is a full on flash back extravagansa and the episode title of 16, was the fact they killed a few people off this week really a big WTF moment?

Thought the acting from Locke was, again, top quality, and Hurley breaking down on the beach was a superb moment in the show.

I adore this show, fucking gutted theres only 4 left. But, bring on next week. Most anticipated episode of a show since the finale of The Shield for me.
[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6559 on: May 7, 2010, 10:53:34 pm »
I was gutted after watching that.... was sad :(

I think you can assume they are brothers.

Is what I thought after watching those previews