Poll

I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God

I shall say this humbly and with all my heart! God Save the King!
I shall mumble this somewhat
Meh
Not too happy about this
What a load of shite
I like Cheese, but not Royal Cheese. Royal cheese sucks ass!

Author Topic: The Monarchy*  (Read 188024 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: The Monarchy*
« Reply #4720 on: April 11, 2024, 08:32:55 am »
This bit is fucking startling .....
More than 30 laws stipulate, for example, that police are barred from entering the privately owned Balmoral and Sandringham estates without the king’s permission to investigate possible crimes, including wildlife offences and environmental pollution. No other private landowner in the country is given such legal immunity.

So let's take one of them, let's say Andrew....., and imagine for a second that he may have committed a criminal offence of some sort. So this means that if he is sitting in a crown estate there is fuck all the police can do about it ?!  Utterly bonkers.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #4721 on: April 11, 2024, 09:16:13 am »
This bit is fucking startling .....
More than 30 laws stipulate, for example, that police are barred from entering the privately owned Balmoral and Sandringham estates without the king’s permission to investigate possible crimes, including wildlife offences and environmental pollution. No other private landowner in the country is given such legal immunity.

It’s an abomination John, and the secrecy and complicity of governments who’ve allowed it shows the contempt they have for us citizens
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4722 on: April 11, 2024, 10:07:48 am »
It's quite clear that Charles, a keen environmentalist, is only seeking exemption from all these environmental laws because he upholds them himself freely and to much higher standards than those pesky commoners at the environmental health agency. Honest.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4723 on: April 11, 2024, 10:08:50 am »
I've got a feeling that the police swear an oath to the Monarch, i.e King, so effectively work for him.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4724 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:47 am »
I've got a feeling that the police swear an oath to the Monarch, i.e King, so effectively work for him.

Yep. North Yorkshire Police were the first force in the UK to have newly minted bizzies swear an Oath to Charlie
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4725 on: April 12, 2024, 11:34:16 pm »
Prince William has said he's going to "work from home". Wtf. How can he cut ribbons from home?

It really is time we abolished the monarchy. It's beyond archaic and it's just some expensive soap opera now.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4726 on: April 12, 2024, 11:42:57 pm »
So Charles is above the law is he? 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/11/courtier-demanded-assurance-king-could-not-be-prosecuted-under-new-welsh-law?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Bollocks. There is no justification whatsoever for this. Outdated leaches whose purpose seems to be to fill their own pockets, protect their own interests, corrupt our democracy and perpetuate the bizarre mindset that they are somehow still relevant in the 21st century.  They’re not. Fuck off Charles and give us back everything your family has stolen from us.

Charles cannot be prosecuted whatsover. Not in criminal nor civil law. He can do what he wants effectively.

Generally, no Head of State can be prosecuted while in power (which is why Trump wants to get back in power before he is prosecuted).

At least with some sort of elected HOS, we would have the option of prosecuting a HOS after their term thus holding them to account. The "king" has complete immunity as long as he never abdicates.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4727 on: April 12, 2024, 11:44:37 pm »
Charles cannot be prosecuted whatsover. Not in criminal nor civil law.

Generally, no Head of State can be prosecuted while in power (which is why Trump wants to get back in power before he is prosecuted).

At least with some sort of elected HOS, we would have the option of prosecuting a HOS. The "king" has complete immunity.

How does that work in the modern age. Granted he could get away with far more than the average man. But just suppose he kills someone at the next Trooping of the Colour live in TV, what would happen?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4728 on: April 12, 2024, 11:46:32 pm »
How does that work in the modern age. Granted he could get away with far more than the average man. But just suppose he kills someone at the next Trooping of the Colour live in TV, what would happen?

GB News would proclaim he is modernising the Royal Family.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4729 on: April 13, 2024, 12:00:43 am »

Viewing figures would increase?... not sure, it depends on the apathy of the UK.

I'm just offering an example of the lack of accountability.

The first thing Charles did as King was request a 50% increase in his purse from the State. Since then all royal duties have decreased. I think that shows where his priorities lie.

But imagine someone like Trump or Putin was born into the family. A madman who is the head of the armed forces and the police never having to face election or prosecution.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4730 on: April 13, 2024, 07:41:43 am »
Recent history shows they can face court, but will usually avoid repercussions that plebs like us might face. When Anne’s bull terrier mauled two kids she got off with a small fine and the dog was allowed to live - something that never happens in such a case. I think she’s gotten off with loads of driving offences too.