Author Topic: Rome for Christmas  (Read 604 times)

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Rome for Christmas
« on: December 7, 2023, 02:33:08 am »
I'll be in Rome for Christmas and was thinking about going to the Roma/Napoli game on the 23rd with some of my family. I was interested on everyones take on:

A) How safe they think it'll be
B) Where the best and worst places to sit in the Stadio Olimpico are?

Any thoughts/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I've never been!

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
Re: Rome for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2023, 06:53:43 pm »
I went for the Rome derby on my own a couple of years ago, ended up talking to some Lazio hooligans the night before and they warned me not to cross the bridge directly opposite the stadium because that’s where they hang out looking for tourists to attack/rob, and not to dress in any way that’d make you stand out from the crowd. I crossed the river on one of the bridges close to Piazza del Popolo and it was sound, just walked up from there with normal people and families, no drama.

It’s definitely intimidating near the stadium but never felt like something bad could actually happen. Probably wouldn’t hang out there pre/post match - better to eat/drink in the centre.

Sat high up in the stand that’d be the equivalent to our Main Stand in terms of position, wouldn’t fancy being in their Kop end with the ultras, or particularly close to the away fans in the opposite end. Great view, good atmosphere, and always good when you can watch the  footy with a pint.

Definitely recommend going, should be a great game and a big atmosphere.