Author Topic: 23/24 TV Fixtures  (Read 69512 times)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 23/24 TV Fixtures
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2023, 06:52:10 pm »
Under 6 weeks notice for Sheff U now. Literally no shits given.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2023, 12:23:34 am »
Under 6 weeks notice for Sheff U now. Literally no shits given.
Oh they couldn’t give a flying fuck.

The only way things will ever change is if supporters bury their tribalism for the greater good and join forces, I’d be all over it in a heartbeat if I thought it would make a difference.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online AR48

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2023, 09:04:52 am »
It’s so bad that these still aren’t out yet.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2023, 09:56:02 am »
They literally said on Friday that it will be ‘early next week’ now correct me if I’m wrong but early is Mon/Tue…not Wed/Thu of Fri…zero fucks given by them as per usual.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2023, 10:23:46 am »
They literally said on Friday that it will be ‘early next week’ now correct me if I’m wrong but early is Mon/Tue…not Wed/Thu of Fri…zero fucks given by them as per usual.

I'm convinced they're going to wind us up further by just announcing the weekend of 9th/10th first. I'd be very surprised if they announced everything up to New Years Eve/Day, and even Boxing Day.

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2023, 10:54:41 am »
I'm convinced they're going to wind us up further by just announcing the weekend of 9th/10th first. I'd be very surprised if they announced everything up to New Years Eve/Day, and even Boxing Day.

Yes agree with this.  It will be Friday and just the weekend of December 9th/10th. 

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2023, 10:59:39 am »
Yes agree with this.  It will be Friday and just the weekend of December 9th/10th.
+ the Amazon midweek ones from 5, 6 and 7th Dec...yep, that wouldn't surprise me either.

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2023, 12:49:21 pm »
+ the Amazon midweek ones from 5, 6 and 7th Dec...yep, that wouldn't surprise me either.

Forgot about the games previously  :)

I wonder are they hoping ourselves and Man U get knocked out of the cup next week so they could have our game on the Monday night.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2023, 01:00:13 pm »

I wonder are they hoping ourselves and Man U get knocked out of the cup next week so they could have our game on the Monday night.
Oh nothing would surprise me at all!

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2023, 01:24:17 pm »
Yep have been thinking exactly the same, wouldn't surprise me at all if the United game only gets announced after those LC games. Joke is not even the word anymore.. absolutely despise that organization

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2023, 01:31:06 pm »
I suspect Amazon don't want to do Aston Villa vs Man City, Chelsea vs Man Utd and Spurs vs West Ham all on the Wednesday night and the bizzies don't want the latter on a Thursday night. My gut feeling is we'll play at Sheffield United on the Thursday.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 01:32:46 pm by Alf »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2023, 01:31:25 pm »

Just get Merseyside police to say no to it.

Utd is 99% going to be 4.30pm on the Sunday it just has to be for vieeing figures.

Offline Redcase

• Main Stander
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2023, 02:30:42 pm »
Out today apparently. Fingers crossed.

Rumour Wolves v Chelsea Christmas Eve 1pm.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2023, 03:02:09 pm »

Absolute pisstake that is but I'll be relieved it's not us if it's true.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2023, 03:02:18 pm »

We'll believe it when we see it!

Offline Redcase

• Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2023, 03:05:32 pm »
Absolute pisstake that is but I'll be relieved it's not us if it's true.

If they get away with it it could be us next year!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2023, 03:07:05 pm »

Yeah it'll just set a precedent. Should at least be two clubs from the same city if they do any.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2023, 03:14:02 pm »

Yes they wanted ourselves and Arsenal on Christmas Eve 2017 and didn't get it.  As you say if they get away with it this time it will just become the norm.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2023, 03:49:24 pm »
Yes they wanted ourselves and Arsenal on Christmas Eve 2017 and didn't get it.  As you say if they get away with it this time it will just become the norm.

Can’t they only do this when it falls at a weekend though ?

I do agree it is disgusting and there is no need for it at all.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2023, 03:58:29 pm »
Can’t they only do this when it falls at a weekend though ?

I do agree it is disgusting and there is no need for it at all.
They will literally do what the hell they want...and then deal with the potential consequences afterwards.

Offline Rodneyhide

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: October 25, 2023, 04:06:03 pm »
These decisions for stupid times and dates etc are made for TV viewing purposes not the poor sods going the match.
Grounds will be full regardless

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2023, 04:06:58 pm »
They will literally do what the hell they want...and then deal with the potential consequences afterwards.

I know what they are like but if police say no then it won’t get staged.

We just need to tell police say no then it’s all good

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2023, 04:13:32 pm »
These decisions for stupid times and dates etc are made for TV viewing purposes not the poor sods going the match.
Grounds will be full regardless
And ultimately until that changes, nothing else will change. Thats why I said earlier that unless ALL supporters bury their tribalism for the greater good and join forces against it, it will all fall on deaf ears.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2023, 04:14:24 pm »
I know what they are like but if police say no then it won’t get staged.

We just need to tell police say no then it’s all good
But then surely the TV companies will then just throw more money at the police to convince them?

Offline Rodneyhide

• Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2023, 04:25:35 pm »
And ultimately until that changes, nothing else will change. Thats why I said earlier that unless ALL supporters bury their tribalism for the greater good and join forces against it, it will all fall on deaf ears.

Sadly that's right, but it'll never happen

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2023, 04:28:47 pm »
But then surely the TV companies will then just throw more money at the police to convince them?

They could do that but Manchester police made it clear they didn’t want our game at 5.30pm and from a tv point of view 5.30pm is better than 12.30pm on a Saturday.

Offline ewok-red-97

• Main Stander
  • go easy, step lightly, stay free
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2023, 04:56:15 pm »
Ironically the FSA released this today with absolutely no mention of the fact the Premier League have missed their own six week deadline throughout this year and right now haven't released the Sheff Utd timings which is fewer than six weeks away:

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/tv-selections-quick-guide-for-fans/

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2023, 05:04:27 pm »
Sadly that's right, but it'll never happen
Agreed, the PL/TV companies know that as well.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2023, 05:33:08 pm »
They could do that but Manchester police made it clear they didn’t want our game at 5.30pm and from a tv point of view 5.30pm is better than 12.30pm on a Saturday.
They were talking about that game on talk sport and they said it was about money. The police said they need more men to do that one so want more money. The prem couldn't approve it that quick but assume next time they'll agree something.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2023, 06:28:50 pm »
Well doesn’t look like they will be out today then !

Offline Redcase

• Main Stander
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2023, 06:49:18 pm »
Well doesn’t look like they will be out today then !

No. Delayed until tomorrow now. Even though all agreed apparently. No reason why they couldn’t be released today if that’s the case. Sky will want it announced when they want it announced. They really couldn’t care less about match-going fans.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2023, 06:57:02 pm »
No. Delayed until tomorrow now. Even though all agreed apparently. No reason why they couldn’t be released today if that’s the case. Sky will want it announced when they want it announced. They really couldn’t care less about match-going fans.
Delayed until tomorrow? On Friday some said Monday, Monday they said yesterday, yesterday they said today...and now here we are again. Lets be honest here, no one knows anything apart from those at the PL/Sky/TNT, and they simply don't give a fuck about anyone apart from themselves.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2023, 07:13:47 pm »
Reading that article on the FSA website, the 6 week notice period is cut to 5 weeks from January. Literally zero fucks given.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2023, 07:17:34 pm »
Reading that article on the FSA website, the 6 week notice period is cut to 5 weeks from January. Literally zero fucks given.
Yep and it's a very casual article. No outrage for a 'fans group'. Odd?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2023, 08:46:16 pm »
Why is the Manc derby at 3.30pm on Sunday?

Offline jammo

• Main Stander
  • 'Rocking all over the world' AKA:Leverkusen!
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2023, 09:45:05 pm »
Same thing as West Ham & Everton kicking off at 1pm 🤔
There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2023, 07:36:40 am »
Why is the Manc derby at 3.30pm on Sunday?
Same thing as West Ham & Everton kicking off at 1pm 🤔
Must be something to do with the clocks going back. And probably because of the overseas market for televised games.

Offline andy7616

• Kemlynite
  • 25-05-2005
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2023, 10:54:30 am »
Fixtures finally coming out today, 1pm announcement I believe - for games until mid-Jan
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 10:56:49 am by andy7616 »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2023, 11:36:43 am »
Fixtures finally coming out today, 1pm announcement I believe - for games until mid-Jan
Hopefully it will happen but I'll believe it when I see it as various people have been saying this every day since Friday last week so its inevitable that at some point it will actually happen.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2023, 12:58:00 pm »
Neil Atkinson just mentioned on twitter something about New Years Day. Is that some reference to Newcastle being moved to the first of the year?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.