Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 266912 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Had a two hour train journey on Friday and just plugged in, closed my eyes and let this unfold again in my head.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn-mrwYTr4A

In tears on several occasions, a really emotional listen. Stepped off the train exhausted and elated ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56
« Reply #2762 on: June 24, 2019, 10:24:36 am »
This was the pick of the bunch:

Because they'd never played a tactical game at that level in their league. Both Roma and Liverpool had the tactical upper-hand and you could say at-least Roma was maybe weaker in personnel, but not us. They should remember that our squad got more points than they did in the respective leagues and our league was arguably more competitive/stronger this year. Maybe the loss of Salah and Bobby had to have made a bit of an impact, but our defense is better than theirs, our midfield can match theirs and tactically we're miles better than them, that they were very lucky to get away with the result they did in the first leg.

In the Champions League, where the personnel margins are not as huge as in the league, the tactical aspect of the game comes out more. If Barca fans are as educated in football as they seem to project to in general, then they should be knowing this instead of getting into conspiracy theories. Luckily for them, it's only a few of them who do that, and plenty of them have actually accepted defeat after the game (after being cocky post first leg of course) and have pointed the fingers at Valverde and some players.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Nothing gets me grinning like that 3rd goal by Gini. Can't stop smiling everytime I see it

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Nothing gets me grinning like that 3rd goal by Gini. Can't stop smiling everytime I see it

It's his celebration for me, mad look on his face, charging at the fans, slapping the badge. It's that total release of the pressure being on us, we'd taken that massive first step and the game was back on terms.

Compare to Origi who never seems overly fussed he's scored, no matter the circumstance! "Putting the European Cup final to bed Divock? Why not take a placid run towards the corner flag and hold your arms out a bit."
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
It's his celebration for me, mad look on his face, charging at the fans, slapping the badge. It's that total release of the pressure being on us, we'd taken that massive first step and the game was back on terms.

Compare to Origi who never seems overly fussed he's scored, no matter the circumstance! "Putting the European Cup final to bed Divock? Why not take a placid run towards the corner flag and hold your arms out a bit."

The best way I describe it is that feeling at the bottom of your feet when you're going high up on a roller-coaster, and you're shitting out of excitement  ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
We haven't lost a two-legged tie under Klopp, which is impressive as hell considering the teams we've faced.

This game in particular is going to terrify the opposition next season. You can win 3-0 at home and not be safe. And that's Barcelona with Messi. Who would want to face Liverpool?

and even more so, when ya think we hadn't won a knockout Euro tie (beyond qualifiers) since 2011, against the mighty Sparta Prague I think, before Kloppo got here!

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise

You have seen the fourth goal I assume?

• Legacy Fan

You have seen the fourth goal I assume?

No I missed it.  ;D Of course I did, but it's not the same for me, the 3rd goal came in straight after kick off after we scored the 2nd, to me it was never in doubt that we'd score the 4th after the 3rd goal, that euphoria in that short period of time, is why I enjoyed it more. The 4th was the icing on the cake, but I was crying tears of joy before that.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
The 'problem' with the 4th is Origi is shite at celebrating ;D

Gini peels off and sprints to the Kop, limbs everywhere, cameras are shaking, Barca rattled.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 04:24:50 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The 'problem' with the 4th is Origi is shite at celebrating ;D

Gini peels off and sprints to the Kop, limbs everywhere, cameras are shaking, Barca rattled.

And Gini was getting his eyes almost gouged out too haha!

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
The best way I describe it is that feeling at the bottom of your feet when you're going high up on a roller-coaster, and you're shitting out of excitement  ;D

Exactly 😂
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
No I missed it.  ;D Of course I did, but it's not the same for me, the 3rd goal came in straight after kick off after we scored the 2nd, to me it was never in doubt that we'd score the 4th after the 3rd goal, that euphoria in that short period of time, is why I enjoyed it more. The 4th was the icing on the cake, but I was crying tears of joy before that.

This, as soon as that goal went in I knew Barca had gone, there heads weren't there. That shows in the 4th goal

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
Had a two hour train journey on Friday and just plugged in, closed my eyes and let this unfold again in my head.

In tears on several occasions, a really emotional listen. Stepped off the train exhausted and elated ;D

Cheers mate, just listened myself whilst home alone . Fantastic.

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
There's a heatwave on, so I dressed up as a pig and made a song about Trent and Divock's corner goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdBqQ2lC3k

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

First time I've listed to that

Absolutely brilliant and brings it all back

Incredible commentary. :)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.

Never gets old this.

RAWK doesnt allow images as signatures. But I think this one makes a strong case for exception.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Just looking back on the semi and the final.

Anyone else recall our boss speaking about Divock not long after taking over.

“We are going to have some fun with this guy!”

D’ye reckon he knows a bit about this footie stuff?  8)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Never gets old this.

RAWK doesnt allow images as signatures. But I think this one makes a strong case for exception.

That forum really made me smile  ;D

No matter the mountain we have to climb we remain positive that something special might happen! Went to this game genuinely believing that if we scored an early goal then anything was possible

Nights you live for

YNWA

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
They're not wrong though. Liverpool fans in general and RAWK in particular are delusional even by football fandom standards. But that's what we are. We believe miracles can happen because we've been brought up on stories of such, and seen them with our own eyes as well. Even when they don't happen, we'll still believe they can. And sometimes, probably more often than is our fair share, they do happen.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
There's a heatwave on, so I dressed up as a pig and made a song about Trent and Divock's corner goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdBqQ2lC3k

Impressive.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
They're not wrong though. Liverpool fans in general and RAWK in particular are delusional even by football fandom standards. But that's what we are. We believe miracles can happen because we've been brought up on stories of such, and seen them with our own eyes as well. Even when they don't happen, we'll still believe they can. And sometimes, probably more often than is our fair share, they do happen.

This is why I generally don't feel that the fanbase or RAWK are particularly delusional, especially when you contrast it with much of the outrageous stuff posted on some opposition forums. The fact we've seen it so many times before means the optimism is quite rational really. Having said that, personally, I couldn't see us progressing after the 3-0 defeat in the first leg. I thought we'd maybe get three goals back, but I also thought they'd nick an away goal. After we won 4-0 I slumped back in my seat. I was at the St. Etienne game and even that didn't do to me what this comeback did. Our optimism doesn't always pay out dividends, but it does often enough for us to believe in circumstances others might just throw in the towel. The very fact we've seen time and again what this club can do against all the odds means, for me, our optimism is not delusional, but based on evidence.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
Theres a difference of being delusional based on fuck all and confident based on previous history. Our history is why we believe not because we are delusional. We have shown it in fantastic fashion on numerous occasions. It would be different if we have had never done anything of the sort  and continued tk believe as much as we do.

After the first leg I was convinced we would twat them, however with Firminos and Salahs injury I didnt expect us to get through but I did expect us to win. Our performance in the first leg was that good and convincing imo despite the loss

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
We cannot allow this topic to slip off to oblivion.

I had an acquaintance who started trolling me after the first game, and there was no way to argue with him that it was a freak result in the first match. I tried to be more generous after the 4:0, but have to admit to enjoying sending Shakira's 40th birthday photo after the match.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

• Legacy Fan
I watched this match more than I have the final :D

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
I watched this match more than I have the final :D

my schedule the last month:

1. Watch 1st leg Semi Final (marvel at one of the best 0-3 performances I have seen)
2. Watch 2nd leg Semi Final (I think its my favourite football game ever for so many reasons)
3. Watch the 1st minute of the final
4. Watch the last 5 minutes of the final
5. Watch all of the post match celebrations (from as many angles as possible)
6. Watch the entirety of the Parade
7. Repeat

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
my schedule the last month:

1. Watch 1st leg Semi Final (marvel at one of the best 0-3 performances I have seen)
2. Watch 2nd leg Semi Final (I think its my favourite football game ever for so many reasons)
3. Watch the 1st minute of the final
4. Watch the last 5 minutes of the final
5. Watch all of the post match celebrations (from as many angles as possible)
6. Watch the entirety of the Parade
7. Repeat

on the av thread there is a link to a 1080p copy of the barca game, you can turn off the commentary and have just the stadium noise, its amazing.

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
on the av thread there is a link to a 1080p copy of the barca game, you can turn off the commentary and have just the stadium noise, its amazing.
Oh wow thanks for that I will do! The radio commentary posted earlier was hair raising too

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Theres a difference of being delusional based on fuck all and confident based on previous history. Our history is why we believe not because we are delusional. We have shown it in fantastic fashion on numerous occasions. It would be different if we have had never done anything of the sort  and continued tk believe as much as we do.

After the first leg I was convinced we would twat them, however with Firminos and Salahs injury I didnt expect us to get through but I did expect us to win. Our performance in the first leg was that good and convincing imo despite the loss

Indeed yes.  Plus, why not believe?  We had nothing to lose by that point, and Barca's weaknesses were still there.  May as well go down in a blaze of glory.  Instead the Liver Bird became a Phoenix for the night.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Thanks for the heads up, off to download this now!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
I watched it again a few days ago. They never stood a chance.
We are Liverpool!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
https://twitter.com/ElTransistorOC/status/1146902422960386049

Gerard López (former Barca B coach): "The current institutional crisis inside Barça is because of Anfield's result."

;D ;D ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four

Gerard López (former Barca B coach): "The current institutional crisis inside Barça is because of Anfield's result."

;D ;D ;D

Would it not better translate as "...because of that night at Anfield?"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

;D ;D ;D

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
'The Anfield Night.' It lurks in their deepest nightmares.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
That result is beyond amazing, and I relive it nearly every day!

In my opinion it was the best night ever at Anfield. When you consider being 3 nil down, the quality of the opposition, without 2 of our star players, and the threat of an away goal hanging over us until the final whistle goes, it was an incredible achievement.

Plus, when you think what happened the night before, when Kompany scored his first goal in about 20 years to virtually seal the Title, the mentality of our squad to deal with that kick in the teeth, takes the Barca result to another level!

I will never tire of watching everything to do this this game, from the defiant welcoming of the team bus, the build up in the ground before K/O to the match itself. The way it was filmed seemed something special, the bemused looks on the faces of Messi and Suarez and co during the game, where captured perfectly. It reminded me of one of those World Cup Documentaries when England won it in 66, camera's everywhere, that didn't miss a trick.

The scenes outside the ground after the final result just topped off an amazing night that I'll never forget...and I thought those kind of nights where behind me now, cos  I don't take footy as seriously or as intensely as when I was younger.

But that night, fuck me, it was like I was an 18 year die hard kopite again on the night of the St Etienne game!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
I was browsing some videos online before and this one popped up. It's a bar full of Barcelona fans in New York watching our demolition of them at Anfield. A bit boring really, but skip to 11:23 and have a look at the smile on the face of the covert Red amongst them.  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0NLIg-lO4jE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0NLIg-lO4jE</a>

Not been on this thread for a long time but that bloke with the smile on his face is brilliant; probably kept his head down all game but well worth it.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Right before the 2nd leg in the Barca thread. :)

I dont just want us to batter them. I want us attack them with such brute force and keep them pinned down in their half, and win 4-0 with our blitzkrieg football that 15 years from now, they must shit their pants and spend sleepless nights before visiting Anfield and facing the Anfield loyals for any competitive fixture. God I hate them with a passion.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Not been on this thread for a long time but that bloke with the smile on his face is brilliant; probably kept his head down all game but well worth it.

That is brilliant!! Want another night like that at Anfield again...winning from that margin and against that team....only Liverpool at Anfield  ;D

We’ve witnessed some astonishing games in Europe

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
I have watched this game back in its entirety today and honestly I’m so fucking happy! I don’t think I’ll ever get bored replaying this game! Battering the mighty Barcelona Messi et al. I know we went on and bloody won the thing for the 6th time after this but this is the performance which sums up what Klopp has done to this club, 3-0 down? Missing 2 of our front 3? Fuck em, they won’t know what’s hit them