Author Topic: Environmental enforcement officers  (Read 4524 times)

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
Re: Environmental enforcement officers
« Reply #40 on: September 8, 2017, 11:44:10 am »
That is part of the problem. There are that many different people wandering about in public with high vis police like uniforms on and body cams the general public are confused who they are legally obliged to give their details to and who they’re not. Obviously government will not make it easy for the public to decipher who can detain people and who the public is legally obliged to give their details to as this would impact their profits from fines.

Not defending people who litter or let their dog shit everywhere but if I have broken a law I expect it to be dealt with by the police and not a warden masquerading as a police officer.

Agreed, my base assumption before I looked was that I wouldn't be compelled to provide information in this situation. It is increasingly confusing, particularly when we all have to be so wary of identity fraud - there's no shortage of 'bad' actors willing to make it seem like we're obligated to provided personal information.

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: September 8, 2017, 11:44:57 am »
Fucking hell. Cheer the fuck up will you. It's fucking grim reading in here! And it's fucking Friday, everyone give yourselves the day off from being a grumpy arse!

He littered, it's not cool but that's not the point he's tried to make.

Having potentially engineered the situation, these people use intimidation tactics in order to make money out of people. Why not ensure there are adequate facilities? Why not educate and rehabilitate? Why not give the opportunity to clean up any mess? It's obviously a business and a rather underhand one to say the least.

For those that haven't had the experience, youtube is full of videos on the subject, there's a particularly funny one where one of these "bailiffs" puts his bottle of water on the floor then walks away and is reported to the police for littering.

Yes Eddie was wrong to litter but these people are c*nts!

Far more eloquently put than I did thank you Titi....

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 8, 2017, 11:50:20 am »
You smoke and you litter; polluting the environment.  You're a muppet.

They're profiteering from the offence of littering.  They're muppets. 

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2017, 12:45:39 pm »
My ma was a smoker (til it killed her). When she was out, if there wasn't a bin to use, she stubbed the ciggy out and put the stub back into the packet and then threw it away once she could find a bin.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 8, 2017, 01:08:14 pm »
Well other than the fact they have no legal right to, their behaviour and practices are to hover around hotshot areas where there are no bins, looking to fine people... For profit.

I've a big problem with that....if you don't want litter, use my hard earned taxes to provide bins. I was conscious not to just throw it on the floor....where else was I going to stub it out? Up my arse...

Just got back from Tokyo. 32m people, no bins and virtually no rubbish. Go figure.

BTW, you do know putting a cigarette butt down the drain usually ends up on a local beach.

You could saved a fine by spending a couple of quid on a pocket ashtray.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2017, 02:13:15 pm »
Love it, still got the eco warriors at large - wasn't exactly the point of the thread, but you know....fill ya boots guys, if it makes ya feel better about yourselves. Not like anyone of you have ever dropped anything, bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #46 on: September 8, 2017, 02:37:32 pm »
Love it, still got the eco warriors at large - wasn't exactly the point of the thread, but you know....fill ya boots guys, if it makes ya feel better about yourselves. Not like anyone of you have ever dropped anything, bunch of fucking hypocrites.

;D

Made me laugh.
Look at my signature and you shall have your answer.

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: September 8, 2017, 02:57:56 pm »
;D

Made me laugh.
Look at my signature and you shall have your answer.

:lmao

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: September 8, 2017, 03:09:44 pm »
Look at this jumped up prick

https://youtu.be/8-_CXAOq2QI
« Last Edit: September 8, 2017, 03:27:00 pm by Steady Eddie »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #49 on: September 8, 2017, 05:18:49 pm »
Why not just put the ciggy stub in the can, and keep hold of it until you find a bin?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 8, 2017, 08:52:59 pm »
It seems they are empowered to demand your information:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/enforcement-officers-issuing-fixed-penalty-notices
Tell us your details or we'll get the Police to... Remind you, of your right to silence.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #51 on: September 8, 2017, 09:23:10 pm »
Don't smoke in public then it's fucking rank. At least you kept your cash.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 8, 2017, 09:42:30 pm »
Smokers should be hung, drawn and quartered and then set on fire, for starters.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 8, 2017, 09:49:55 pm »
How boring from holier than thou non smokers ::)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 8, 2017, 10:05:13 pm »
 I hate littering but too many missing the point, theses private companies aren't about preventing litter but making money. Too many instances of them deliberately trying to catch people out targeting vunerable people or outright lying because they're on big bonuses for numbers they catch. £600 000 profit in Liverpool in 5 months. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/what-litter-squad-fining-you-13437358
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #55 on: September 8, 2017, 10:19:12 pm »
Tell us your details or we'll get the Police to... Remind you, of your right to silence.

For sure...but then: "The offender can be fined an additional amount on top of the FPN, if they refuse to give you details, or provide false details."

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #56 on: September 8, 2017, 10:38:13 pm »
How boring from holier than thou non smokers ::)

And I wonder how many of them drive diesel engined cars.....

I think Titi probably framed the real problem correctly in that that these enforcement characters, often intellectually and socially challenged and largely unemployable except in this very sort of ignorant binary thug "Do as I say" type jobs, dressed up in some kind of quasi official uniform designed to baffle the ignorant and passive submissive types into quick acquiescence, are too often driven, just like many wheel clamper protection racket like gangster companies, by a revenue earning weekly or monthly target and thus naturally gravitate towards targetting the vulnerable and the easy marks, but rarely the hard knock recidivists.

And it's profitable as it's a means for private companies to tax the public with little oversight.

Like outsourced car parking charges at airports and within major cities and now into small towns, it's become another racket run by exceptionally shady characters, but dressed up as a environmental necessity in order to ensure silent majority support from those who don't know or recognise that it's really just a racket.

Forget cigarette butts, once these companies become established and when smoking becomes history, it will be fines for people flicking bogies next, and with outsourced enforcement no doubt....

Now don't get me wrong, I think grinding out a cigarette butt on the ground is very wrong, all litter should be held and disposed in a proper litter collection facility, but this sort of enforcement is not the right way of doing it and it's not the world I was taught it would be when I was little.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 8, 2017, 10:39:49 pm »
Down with EEO's!

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 8, 2017, 10:53:07 pm »
Don't smoke (any more) but at least a cigarette butt is easily swept up and/or carried away by the wind. Chewies on the other hand are absolutely foul and far more of a health hazard and eyesore. Dropping gum is something I would happily bring back people being burned as witches for.

The punishment should fit the crime.

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #59 on: September 8, 2017, 10:57:23 pm »
Some of you should consider moving to Singapore, or maybe North Korea...

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 8, 2017, 11:41:04 pm »
Despite the replies from Titi, Gulley, 92a and others I respect I'm astounded by the reaction. There's no excuse to throw anything on the street at all, if you think one of your several million cigarette stubs thrown away daily is acceptable in any way you're an idiot. If you can't see a bin within a 100 feet of finishing a ciggy it isn't a society problem that you wish to discard your residue as and when you please. Enforcement officers are deployed nationally and should probably have been introduced decades ago. The incentives of remuneration maybe debatable, but if you admit to lashing a fag but object to being collared the whole concept of stopping our streets and pavements being scandalously littered with chewy, cigarettes and litter isn't up for debate.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 9, 2017, 12:03:04 pm »
Littering (flicking my cigarette stubb down a drain) no bins on the highstreet / ciggie stump out points, I thought the drain was tidier than the floor.

Apparently they are private companies who take 2/3's of the fine money to profit their business on 'behalf' of the councils.

Education would perhaps have been a better route than trying to punish you. Drains often discharge into a local watercourse hence it not being the best place to leave your cigarette stub. Some drains will go off to a treatment works but most don't.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #62 on: September 9, 2017, 01:29:45 pm »
Education would perhaps have been a better route than trying to punish you. Drains often discharge into a local watercourse hence it not being the best place to leave your cigarette stub. Some drains will go off to a treatment works but most don't.

You'd hope education to not be a dirty littering fucker would have happened long before now and grown adults wouldn't need reminding not to be lazy selfish twats.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 9, 2017, 02:40:30 pm »
I wish people weren't such twats and there wasn't a massive amount of money to be made with these guys in the first place. You can talk about education but the fear of being hit in the pocket seems to be the only thing some people listen to. I don't know if I agree with it I just wish people would stop being c*nts and destroying this world.

My ma went and cleaned out a path by ours the other day with a friend (a shortcut to a primary school incidentally) and the next day there were fucking empty plastic milk cartons there. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 9, 2017, 02:42:05 pm »
You'd hope education to not be a dirty littering fucker would have happened long before now and grown adults wouldn't need reminding not to be lazy selfish twats.

A little bit over the top don't you think? I'd guess most people just assume that all sewers go to treatment works. If he knew it could go to a watercourse then your comment is fair enough but we don't know if he knew that or not.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 9, 2017, 02:48:25 pm »
A little bit over the top don't you think? I'd guess most people just assume that all sewers go to treatment works. If he knew it could go to a watercourse then your comment is fair enough but we don't know if he knew that or not.
It's frustrating though. Does it really take that much brain power to consider 'if everyone dropped their shit down here, that probably wouldn't be a good thing' People think just because it's them, and convenient for them, then it's OK. This is generally a big problem we have with the way we interact with the world.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 9, 2017, 07:34:20 pm »
Is Craig an EEO on weekends or something?  He's taking this personally it seems.  ;D

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2017, 08:12:13 am »
Is Craig an EEO on weekends or something?  He's taking this personally it seems.  ;D

Haha, FSG stooge by day, EEO by night. Like a modern day superhero.

I just hate littering. There is no excuse for it in any situation and is purely down to the person being both lazy and selfish - two other things I really detest.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2017, 10:00:51 am »
As has been said on here sometimes common sense doesn't prevail , the harassed woman who accidentally drops something is different to the lad who comes out of a McNasty's or greggs and lashes there wrappers / carton on the floor . Ive always told the kids to either find a bin or put it in your pocket , some people have an issue with litter more than others I'm on the hate it end of the spectrum .

But going back to common sense approach I use the park and pay app for the off street and on street parking in Liverpool . Last year I got a ticket even though id payed using the App, only when I looked closely I hadn't changed the registration from my car back to my van , a simple mistake seeing as I'd only used it a few times and a mistake I'll never make again . Appealed it but lost even though in the written summary I got from the council they agreed I payed the parking fee but legally I hadn't displayed a valid ticket for the registration so the fine was £50 from £25
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:02:34 am by gazzam1963 »

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2017, 10:16:13 am »
There is no excuse for it in any situation ...

I once dropped a packet of salt and vinegar crisps when I was caught up in an unfolding terrorist incident and felt the need to move with haste. In hindsight, perhaps I should have stopped to pick it up!?

...and is purely down to the person being both lazy and selfish - two other things I really detest.

There's over 90 active theories of behaviour in psychology, none of which would lead to the conclusion that any behaviour is purely down to a person being lazy and selfish. Likewise, research specifically into littering doesn't conclude that either. These labels are largely meaningless if you're interested in really understanding why people do as they do, not just superficially judging them.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2017, 10:26:24 am »
I once dropped a packet of salt and vinegar crisps when I was caught up in an unfolding terrorist incident and felt the need to move with haste. In hindsight, perhaps I should have stopped to pick it up!?

OK, if you want to play make believe then it's also fine should you come across a unicorn with it's leg caught in a trap and drop your copy of 'How to be a Pedant' as you rush to help her.

There's over 90 active theories of behaviour in psychology, none of which would lead to the conclusion that any behaviour is purely down to a person being lazy and selfish. Likewise, research specifically into littering doesn't conclude that either. These labels are largely meaningless if you're interested in really understanding why people do as they do, not just superficially judging them.

Nah, I'll happily judge that if someone is unwilling to walk to find a bin or carry a piece of rubbish until they happen to find one, that this is pretty lazy. I'm also happy to judge that if someone is happy to cause a blight on the environment at the detriment of others then this is a selfish act.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2017, 10:36:45 am »
Was the packet of crisps unopened, or had you finished the crisps?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2017, 10:50:20 am »
OK, if you want to play make believe then it's also fine should you come across a unicorn with it's leg caught in a trap and drop your copy of 'How to be a Pedant' as you rush to help her.

So are you revising your 'any situation' claim then? My situation is hardly make believe...people drop litter in these circumstances. So either (a) you refute that (b) you don't think it is littering or (c) you're wrong? Which is it?!

'Littering' also includes accidental littering - not excluded by the definition of littering - but that's not excusable either, right?

Nah, I'll happily judge that if someone is unwilling to walk to find a bin or carry a piece of rubbish until they happen to find one, that this is pretty lazy. I'm also happy to judge that if someone is happy to cause a blight on the environment at the detriment of others then this is a selfish act.
Of course you will - I completely believe that you will happily keep judging in blissful ignorance! Ignore the science!

Do your judgements apply to all the different types of littering behaviour? And what do these judgements achieve? Do they help solve the problem?

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2017, 10:50:58 am »
Was the packet of crisps unopened, or had you finished the crisps?

That is a good question! These days there's so few crisps in a packet tho, it doesn't make much difference...

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2017, 11:34:19 am »
So are you revising your 'any situation' claim then? My situation is hardly make believe...people drop litter in these circumstances. So either (a) you refute that (b) you don't think it is littering or (c) you're wrong? Which is it?!

'Littering' also includes accidental littering - not excluded by the definition of littering - but that's not excusable either, right?

Of course you will - I completely believe that you will happily keep judging in blissful ignorance! Ignore the science!

Do your judgements apply to all the different types of littering behaviour? And what do these judgements achieve? Do they help solve the problem?

And here was me thinking you just acted like a know it all bore in the football threads.

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2017, 12:00:27 pm »
And here was me thinking you just acted like a know it all bore in the football threads.

::)

If challenging faulty thinking makes me a 'know it all bore', so be it, bring it on!

...and any response to my questions?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2017, 01:46:14 pm »
EEOs. Twats working for bigger twats.

But the role wouldn't exist if people didn't intentionally litter. So.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2017, 07:28:42 pm »

That's some crazy argument right there.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2017, 07:17:17 pm »
My quicky on this.

They are c*nts ( the false plod ) and you can use / buy biodegradable filters , hemp papers and organic tabacco.

Take that !

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .