Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 584917 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #13000 on: April 27, 2024, 01:09:42 pm »
Song anyone?

This isn't Rotterdam or anywhere it's Liverpool not Rome, but everywhere that Arne goes he doesn't need a comb. Doesn't need a comb.

;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13001 on: April 27, 2024, 01:14:44 pm »
Got his work cut out for him to be honest.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13002 on: April 27, 2024, 01:16:01 pm »
He will be looking at our vulnerable we are when teams break.

Endo is shockingly slow.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #13003 on: April 27, 2024, 01:16:03 pm »
He's fucked if this is going to be the squad next season.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #13004 on: April 27, 2024, 01:19:46 pm »
All right, give the bloke a chance. Not even sat in his office yet.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13005 on: April 27, 2024, 01:36:30 pm »
Delete that before rossi sees it.
Thanks but too late...

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13006 on: April 27, 2024, 01:56:41 pm »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/dc_lfZKpJ3U?si=rtiyGyNvsZqnuyqE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/dc_lfZKpJ3U?si=rtiyGyNvsZqnuyqE</a>

That, for me, could be the reason that we DON'T offer him the job.

Even if he is currently the #1 option, given how tight-lipped our club are, would the simple fact that he quite obviously can't keep his mouth shut about an ongoing negotiation make us think again?

If he can't give a simple "No comment" to that, then he proven himself to be indiscrete, which probably won't sit well with our directors.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13007 on: April 27, 2024, 02:09:37 pm »

Even if he is currently the #1 option, given how tight-lipped our club are, would the simple fact that he quite obviously can't keep his mouth shut about an ongoing negotiation make us think again?

If he can't give a simple "No comment" to that, then he proven himself to be indiscrete, which probably won't sit well with our directors.

I'm liking everything I hear of him as a coach, but yes this side of him is a big negative. He did end up sacked at AZ because of the way he went about his negotiations with Feyenoord.

Actually seen an interview in where he stated his dream club to manage would be Barcelona. If he were to explode and become an elite manager and Barca ever came calling, you would have to worry about him acting in the same manner. Imagine a similar interview with Kelly Cates in where you replace Barca with Liverpool in his message.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13008 on: April 27, 2024, 02:20:47 pm »
I'm liking everything I hear of him as a coach, but yes this side of him is a big negative. He did end up sacked at AZ because of the way he went about his negotiations with Feyenoord.

Actually seen an interview in where he stated his dream club to manage would be Barcelona. If he were to explode and become an elite manager and Barca ever came calling, you would have to worry about him acting in the same manner. Imagine a similar interview with Kelly Cates in where you replace Barca with Liverpool in his message.
As long as we win big in the interim- no problem
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13009 on: April 27, 2024, 02:27:29 pm »
Amorim: "Obviously my trip was a mistake, the timing was completely wrong, it didn't seem right at the time. It was wrong, especially when I'm so demanding with my players and always the first to say that each one's problems don't go away. They can overpower the team, I have already removed players from the squad for much less. It was my mistake, I have to accept it and live with it."

So he was trying to flush us out. :lmao

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13010 on: April 27, 2024, 02:28:29 pm »
It's mad Arne got more grief in this thread for saying he'd like the job than he got for his ridiculous antics.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13011 on: April 27, 2024, 02:30:21 pm »
He sounds like a chancer.  ;D

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #13012 on: April 27, 2024, 02:34:28 pm »
Whoever it is I don't care what formation he prefers I hope to fuck he knows how to sort out set piece defending. Oh and if possible come up with something clever in the opposite box.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #13013 on: April 27, 2024, 03:05:48 pm »
If he was watching that today I think he'd have liked alot of what he saw.

Wonderful technicians (as Rodgers would say) throughout the team, but a real lack of athleticism in key positions (DM and upfront (bar Diaz)).

He's big on speed, so expect those areas to be addressed in the window.

It's a great job for the new guy to take on as the things to work on, and there isn't that much, are obvious.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13014 on: April 27, 2024, 03:08:15 pm »
Does he play with a Kante, Mascherano type of DM? I hope to fuck he does and that's his first signing.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13015 on: April 27, 2024, 03:15:44 pm »
A double pivot would be good. Bit sick of seeing a central midfielder going out wide as if it's some sort of tactical masterstroke while we then lose the midfield battle right in the centre.
@paulair

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13016 on: April 27, 2024, 03:28:27 pm »
Something about the mentality of the players that's not quite right. It's all or nothing. We've had too many moments under klopp where we reach huge heights then fall off completely. Obviously the former is because of his insane ability to get the best out of players and squeeze out every last % of skill and energy. But how sustainable is it for players? Probably not very much. 3 seasons now where we've had long periods of just completely falling away. Covid season there were mitigating factors. It probably means we need better players who can  deal with the pressures of the success we crave without needing the manager to bring it out of them. I don't know. But the fact that we played so so well first half in the United game then so badly and have since then completely given up is really worrying. How can you have such fragile self belief that it disappears so quickly? Even though you know you're brilliant and capable. The whole thing is obviously mentally very exhausting for the players as much as the manager and this is something the new management team will have to really think about
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13017 on: April 27, 2024, 03:30:59 pm »
Come on Arnie. You can do better than this Klopp fella 😁
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13018 on: April 27, 2024, 03:36:43 pm »

He hasn't even started yet and some of our supporters are already forensically analysing his every action.
Give it a rest, we have plenty other issues to worry about at the moment

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13019 on: April 27, 2024, 04:32:41 pm »
https://twitter.com/1908nl/status/1784237268766502994

Arne Slot's deal from Feyenoord to Liverpool was formally completed on Saturday. Done, signed, sealed.

[@1908nl]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:34:43 pm by Samie »

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #13020 on: April 27, 2024, 04:43:17 pm »

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #13021 on: April 27, 2024, 04:47:11 pm »
What’s his expectations next season then? The collapse from the team the last 10 games has been astonishing. The team clearly needs about 3-4 players. Whether that’s for a top 4 challenge or title challenge is another question. That’s without taking into consideration any likely departures.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13022 on: April 27, 2024, 04:48:42 pm »
What’s his expectations next season then? The collapse from the team the last 10 games has been astonishing. The team clearly needs about 3-4 players. Whether that’s for a top 4 challenge or title challenge is another question. That’s without taking into consideration any likely departures.
Top 4. 

We can't expect him to challenge but it would be a pleasant surprise. A trophy would be nice too.

The big expectations would start from his 2nd season.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13023 on: April 27, 2024, 04:54:02 pm »

To be in and around the top of the league. People can moan but we have a squad that is easily the third best as it is now and has stacks of footballers at a good age. We are not carrying many players who’s legs have gone. The idea that we put in a top four challenge when the likes of Villa, Spurs, Newcastle, United have nowhere near a squad as good is laughable.

We have to bridge the gap between City and Arsenal, but a challenge for top four is unacceptable.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13024 on: April 27, 2024, 04:54:31 pm »
Top 4. 

We can't expect him to challenge but it would be a pleasant surprise. A trophy would be nice too.

The big expectations would start from his 2nd season.

Top four isnt success. Its a minimum expectation.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13025 on: April 27, 2024, 04:55:45 pm »

Challenge for the league.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13026 on: April 27, 2024, 04:56:37 pm »
Top four isnt success. Its a minimum expectation.
Top 4 or 5 (CL qualification) is a fair expectation for a transition season because the new guy will need time to build his team.

There'll be some BIG changes next season.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13027 on: April 27, 2024, 04:58:19 pm »
Top 4 or 5 (CL qualification) is a fair expectation for a transition season because the new guy will need time to build his team.

Its a minimum expectation where the manager gets to continue building without any fears of the sack. If he comes 5th then sorry, questions about him will need to be asked. Why does a squad thats way better than the others bar two teams drop to fifth?

Spurs will finish higher than last season even with a new manager. We cant be dropping two places.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #13028 on: April 27, 2024, 04:59:17 pm »
Maybe he can do a Rafa and win the CL in his first season. Who knows. It's a weird format for this year too
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13029 on: April 27, 2024, 04:59:37 pm »
Song anyone?

This isn't Rotterdam or anywhere it's Liverpool not Rome, but everywhere that Arne goes he doesn't need a comb. Doesn't need a comb.
I like it.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13030 on: April 27, 2024, 04:59:44 pm »
Its a minimum expectation where the manager gets to continue building without any fears of the sack. If he comes 5th then sorry, questions about him will need to be asked. Why does a squad thats way better than the others bar two teams drop to fifth?
5th may be mean CL qualification.

The squad may be better but like I said there will be big changes and it's expected that new players and tweaks to the new system will take time.

To win the league these days, you practically need to be perfect.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13031 on: April 27, 2024, 05:00:33 pm »
Maybe he can do a Rafa and win the CL in his first season. Who knows. It's a weird format for this year too
Anything can happen in a cup competition.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13032 on: April 27, 2024, 05:02:21 pm »
Make the right centre back, defensive midfielder and forward signings and I see no reason why we shouldn't give the league a good go.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13033 on: April 27, 2024, 05:03:37 pm »
5th may be mean CL qualification.

The squad may be better but like I said there will be big changes and it's expected that new players and tweaks to the new system will take time.

To win the league these days, you practically need to be perfect.

Yes but you are talking about dropping to 5th not winning the league. If we end up 3rd next season, with a bigger points gap to Arsenal and City, then thats still fine. But sorry, dropping to 5th is a poor season no matter even if CL qualification is secured through that position.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13034 on: April 27, 2024, 05:04:14 pm »
Tough as this current period is, I think a massive silver lining is it will ease pressure from supporters and media on Arne. Much needed as the model FSG operates necessitates the manager being given patience. More I watch of Feyenoord on YT and the way he speaks, the more I’m very very impressed.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13035 on: April 27, 2024, 05:08:17 pm »
Same as this season, which was also seen as a transitional one when it kicked off. Top four and hopefully a cup.

Even as it stands today, there's only one team and one sportswash that are actually better than us. We are a good side that's going through a bad time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:10:00 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13036 on: April 27, 2024, 05:12:18 pm »
Yes but you are talking about dropping to 5th not winning the league. If we end up 3rd next season, with a bigger points gap to Arsenal and City, then thats still fine. But sorry, dropping to 5th is a poor season no matter even if CL qualification is secured through that position.
CL qualification is the expectation. I wasn't specific initially, just said top 4 or 5 to signify CL.

A trophy would be a bonus but we need to be patient with the new manager in his first season.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #13037 on: April 27, 2024, 05:13:39 pm »
Amorim: "Obviously my trip was a mistake, the timing was completely wrong, it didn't seem right at the time. It was wrong, especially when I'm so demanding with my players and always the first to say that each one's problems don't go away. They can overpower the team, I have already removed players from the squad for much less. It was my mistake, I have to accept it and live with it."

So he was trying to flush us out. :lmao

;D ...so this fella flies to another country during the season, with his team still in active competitions (league is almost done, but still has a cup final), and yet all Slot did was confirm a deal was close with his side's season effectively over.

I think we know which of these two come off better on this one.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13038 on: April 27, 2024, 05:17:17 pm »
What Amroim did is much wrse than Slot. He knew evreything was pretty mcuh done and said it. This man got a private jet to London to come and talk to West Ham in the hopes of Mikey Edwards folding and the porn baron sent him packing.  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13039 on: April 27, 2024, 05:19:14 pm »
The Slotmeister General.