Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 615096 times)

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #9240 on: May 8, 2024, 11:47:03 am »
In some mould ridden damp place that the landlord refused to improve 👍

We have a really good landlady at the moment who doesn't charge stupid money (she could probably advertise the place for double the rent when we move out as the area has become irritatingly trendy since we moved in) and treats us like adults rather than naughty children asking for a favour, and I really wish this was the norm for everyone. This is why I've been dreading potentially having to move every year, especially when I see how prices are rising in our area, as we have it about the best we can as renters.

I was woken up at 6.50 this morning with the smell of someone smoking weed outside our building, but it's not the landlady's fault that some people start the party early.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9241 on: May 8, 2024, 12:25:56 pm »
We have a really good landlady at the moment who doesn't charge stupid money (she could probably advertise the place for double the rent when we move out as the area has become irritatingly trendy since we moved in) and treats us like adults rather than naughty children asking for a favour, and I really wish this was the norm for everyone. This is why I've been dreading potentially having to move every year, especially when I see how prices are rising in our area, as we have it about the best we can as renters.

I was woken up at 6.50 this morning with the smell of someone smoking weed outside our building, but it's not the landlady's fault that some people start the party early.

Our circumstances are a little weird as I'm a landlord and also a tenant so I see both sides.  I just want them to feel it's their home for however long they want it and enjoy being there.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9242 on: May 8, 2024, 05:57:51 pm »
Our circumstances are a little weird as I'm a landlord and also a tenant so I see both sides.  I just want them to feel it's their home for however long they want it and enjoy being there.
You sound like a breath of fresh air in the housing rental market.

My cousin is the same. He rents out two properties and is a damned good land lord. Never overcharges. If anything, he undercharges.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9243 on: May 8, 2024, 07:05:38 pm »

My cousin is the same. He rents out two properties and is a damned good land lord. Never overcharges. If anything, he undercharges.

I just hope they're happy now they're out of the hell hole they've been trying to get out of for 4yrs but I'm a gullible mother fucker and far too trusting so I have to hope that people are genuine although I'm generally a decent judge of characters 😁

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9244 on: May 8, 2024, 07:46:57 pm »
^
Well I certainly hope they're genuine, and good tenants. To the genuine, people like you are worth their weight in gold.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9245 on: May 8, 2024, 07:57:22 pm »
^
Well I certainly hope they're genuine, and good tenants. To the genuine, people like you are worth their weight in gold.

Thank you 😊

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9246 on: May 8, 2024, 08:08:04 pm »

We had a great landlord in London. She never increased the rent in 5 years, which was pretty low anyway for a flat nr Wimbledon with a garden and near a couple of tube stations, and she sent our deposit back as soon as we left with no deductions for carpet cleaning and all that bollocks. If anything needed fixing, she'd send a tradesperson round no quibbles or corner cutting. When the new tenants moved in, she only increased it by £50. She just wanted good tenants.

Similar when we lived in Plymouth where we had a two bed flat, with coastal views of Plymouth Sound and Drake's Island, and near the old town/harbour (Barbican), for £600 a month. I saw it listed the other year and they must have sold it as it's been refurbished but with the rent more than doubled.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9247 on: May 8, 2024, 10:44:03 pm »
^
She sounds great, Peebs. Are you sure it wasn't Debbs? 😃

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9248 on: May 9, 2024, 01:02:25 am »
We had a landlady back in the day who didn’t put up our rent in 6 years. Then, when one of the lads moved out and we couldn’t find anyone to take his room, she actually knocked over half of his share off our overall rent to keep us on. They’re not all bastards.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9249 on: May 9, 2024, 07:30:18 pm »
Going on a long walk where you can see all the landmarks around your town from the path. Including the boathouse where my grandad took me out on the Thames in his little rowboat when I was a kid

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #9250 on: May 11, 2024, 03:48:20 pm »
Yeah mate of mine has been treated shabbily by his landlord. Handed in his notice and found somewhere cheaper. Said a few months ago his rent went up for no reason.

Recently the landlord visited. My mate isn't a trouble maker but said he actually came.close to decking him he was so rude. He's seriously considering leaving a massive.dump in one room

Anyway. Back on this thread

When out running and another runner coming the other way gives you a wave. Always like that. Reminds me ofbus drivers
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #9252 on: May 11, 2024, 08:03:40 pm »
Just done my biggest gym session of the year, followed up with 2 cold beers.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9253 on: May 11, 2024, 09:58:48 pm »
1. Franchise:MK getting hammered in the playoffs.

2. Playing with my new dad toy: a Bosch extendable pole hedge trimmer on our massive Leylandii that we really should get cut down and get some sunlight.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9254 on: May 15, 2024, 02:42:44 pm »
Grabbing a couple of tickets for an evening with our great manager Klopp.

Hopefully the tears will not be joining me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9255 on: May 15, 2024, 03:18:55 pm »
Grabbing a couple of tickets for an evening with our great manager Klopp.

Hopefully the tears will not be joining me.

:wellin
Jurgen YNWA