Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 600244 times)

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
 ;D
dead right... shhhh

Have you not heard of mockers! For the love of everything that’s holy!
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
Whats the situation with Trent as it stands, does anyone know?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Whats the situation with Trent as it stands, does anyone know?
Read something from James Pearce today saying he’s still a doubt for the Man City game
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Read something from James Pearce today saying he’s still a doubt for the Man City game
Trent is out for Watford and Benfica and a doubt for City, but I think the doubts are precautionary.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/03/trent-alexander-arnold-and-naby-keita-injury-update/
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
naby-keita-injury-update/

Half of all webpages have this in the URL.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't want to be accused of hexing the club so let me just say how amazing it is that for the first time in living memory we have a full squad of injured players.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I don't want to be accused of hexing the club so let me just say how amazing it is that for the first time in living memory we have a full squad of injured players.

Fuck - what happened to them all?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Reverse Covid is what I'm hearing. Means you can go out for 7 days then self-isolate forever. Real shame, but we had some good times, and no one can take away the Caribou Cup.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder if Dr Andreas Schlumberger is the best signing we've made in recent years. He was Head of Fitness and Injury Prevention at Schalke before we bought him in midway through last season as Head of Recovery and Performance.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder if Dr Andreas Schlumberger is the best signing we've made in recent years. He was Head of Fitness and Injury Prevention at Schalke before we bought him in midway through last season as Head of Recovery and Performance.

It's an interesting one - the whole team around that side has us with one injury concern with what? 9 games left to play? With a side that until recently was held up as 'the first XI can beat any side in the world', but that now has genuine strength in depth in arguably all positions. Talk about 'handily placed' as Mike Nevin used to put it. Remember ahead of Kiev wondering whether we could recall Harry Wilson?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
The derby and the word mockers come to mind.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
The derby and the word mockers come to mind.

We should shut down the forum mate, haha :D
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
so according to www.premierinjuries.com, its only Bobby and he should be ok for everton...this right then?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Matip was rarely injured when he was at Schalke and he's been fine this season too, so does make you wonder if he's had an affect on both him and the squad in general. Not sure what Dortmunds injury record was like when he was there, but Klopp must have seen something that was identified as what we needed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:25:48 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
From todays press

Bobby getting better and better
It's uncomfortable and painful
Today is his first day on the pitch
Still 2 days to go so maybe
If Bobby gives the thumbs up he will be involved. If not a few more days it will be possible

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
Sure why would you even risk him then...

From todays press

Bobby getting better and better
It's uncomfortable and painful
Today is his first day on the pitch
Still 2 days to go so maybe
If Bobby gives the thumbs up he will be involved. If not a few more days it will be possible

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Tsimikas alright?
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Tsimikas alright?

He was ill, as was Jones. They said it wasn't covid though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Still no Firmino?

Offline tofuMonzter

• Main Stander
Any updates on Taki, I haven’t seen him on the bench for a few games.
IG: _pieddemouche
"Storm in a fucking tea cup." - stewy17 bringing the lulz
: MK7 Golf R :
It is the chosen chariot of the gods passed onto mere mortals.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did Robbo stretch a hammie at the dying moments?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy

Looked to me like he got a scrape across the back of his leg or something like that, didn't look like he was holding his hamstring.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander

Was worried about the same, but he was kind of acting like perhaps he just got trod on.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan

I mean the update is that our squad is DEEP and we think Origi is a better option than Taki if Bobby is injured

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looked to me like he got a scrape across the back of his leg or something like that, didn't look like he was holding his hamstring.
Was worried about the same, but he was kind of acting like perhaps he just got trod on.
Phew...

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son

Pretty sure he was on the bench versus Villarreal.

Edit: can't spell
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 06:17:46 pm by missis sumner »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Saw a video of the lads getting on their coach this morning and I'm sure Taki was there so must just have missed out.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
I mean the update is that our squad is DEEP and we think Origi is a better option than Taki if Bobby is injured

Correct
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
What’s the news on Bobby?
Internet terrorist

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What’s the news on Bobby?

Probably hasn't changed since Klopp talked about it yesterday. Close but not yet back in full training.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
VVD

Hopefully well, we’re going to check it out.
"I felt in the 1st half when I sprinted, I felt a twinge behind my knee, I played on.
"In the end, I can’t risk it for the team and I need to trust Joel. Hopefully it will be fine."
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
The Athletic understands physiotherapist Christopher Rohrbeck is set to return to Anfield with immediate effect, in a move driven by Klopp two years after his fellow German originally departed.

Rohrbeck joined Liverpool from Mainz in the summer of 2017 and was an important part of a set-up that achieved consecutive Champions League final appearances — they lost to Real Madrid but then beat Tottenham Hotspur — and won the English top division for the first time since 1990.

During his previous spell, it is thought Rohrbeck was extremely popular in the dressing room and those he is believed to have worked most closely with include the star pair of Salah and Van Dijk.

His reappointment was desired in certain quarters for a considerable period and following a spell of talks, an agreement is now described as being imminent. Sources suggest greater urgency was applied to the matter in the wake of Fabinho suffering a hamstring issue at Villa Park last Tuesday.

The development is not viewed as a slight on existing personnel, rather a positive and proactive step to enhance Liverpool’s current group. News of the potential arrival is said to have gone down well among Klopp’s men as they embark upon one last push for domestic and continental glory.

https://theathletic.com/3310089/2022/05/16/ornstein-liverpool-bring-physio-back-to-help-salah-van-dijk-and-fabinho-fitness-push-cornets-17-5m-release-clause/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Injury updates: Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/injury-updates-mohamed-salah-and-virgil-van-dijk

It's incredible that we could (worst case scenario and hopefully not!) be going into the CL final without Van Dijk, Fabinho and Salah and instead of thinking, 'this is going to be almost impossible now', instead thinking, 'the backups are still pretty incredible'. What a squad we've assembled.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Injury updates: Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/injury-updates-mohamed-salah-and-virgil-van-dijk
I'm uncharacteristially optimistic on both.

Salah's reaction wasn't one of a player thinking his season had just come to a premature end.  The Beeb would have us believe the FA Cup final is a global event but I'm sure for most of our players the main event is 28th May.  Salah's reaction to the Ramos armlock to his reaction at going off at the weekend is like chalk and cheese.

Virgil is a bit more worrying just because he didn't say what knee but he seemed quite chilled about it afterwards.  Admittedly he seems quite chilled about most things, except maybe his midfielders letting the opposition get a long ranger in!

Both seemed to be taking a full part in the celebrations also which suggests the physios weren't overly concerned.  I appreciate there's a big difference between bouncing around with a trophy to the intensity of a professional game but I think both would have been more subdued if they had any doubts.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
I'm uncharacteristially optimistic on both.

Salah's reaction wasn't one of a player thinking his season had just come to a premature end.  The Beeb would have us believe the FA Cup final is a global event but I'm sure for most of our players the main event is 28th May.  Salah's reaction to the Ramos armlock to his reaction at going off at the weekend is like chalk and cheese.

Virgil is a bit more worrying just because he didn't say what knee but he seemed quite chilled about it afterwards.  Admittedly he seems quite chilled about most things, except maybe his midfielders letting the opposition get a long ranger in!

Both seemed to be taking a full part in the celebrations also which suggests the physios weren't overly concerned.  I appreciate there's a big difference between bouncing around with a trophy to the intensity of a professional game but I think both would have been more subdued if they had any doubts.

agreed  , plus Klopp was quite positive after the match at his FA Cup final press conference on both players. 

Does anybody have photos from yesterday and today's training sessions ?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
The Athletic understands physiotherapist Christopher Rohrbeck is set to return to Anfield with immediate effect, in a move driven by Klopp two years after his fellow German originally departed.

Rohrbeck joined Liverpool from Mainz in the summer of 2017 and was an important part of a set-up that achieved consecutive Champions League final appearances — they lost to Real Madrid but then beat Tottenham Hotspur — and won the English top division for the first time since 1990.

During his previous spell, it is thought Rohrbeck was extremely popular in the dressing room and those he is believed to have worked most closely with include the star pair of Salah and Van Dijk.

His reappointment was desired in certain quarters for a considerable period and following a spell of talks, an agreement is now described as being imminent. Sources suggest greater urgency was applied to the matter in the wake of Fabinho suffering a hamstring issue at Villa Park last Tuesday.

The development is not viewed as a slight on existing personnel, rather a positive and proactive step to enhance Liverpool’s current group. News of the potential arrival is said to have gone down well among Klopp’s men as they embark upon one last push for domestic and continental glory.

https://theathletic.com/3310089/2022/05/16/ornstein-liverpool-bring-physio-back-to-help-salah-van-dijk-and-fabinho-fitness-push-cornets-17-5m-release-clause/

Is it permanent though? Some reports saying it’s just temporary, Mainz’ season was over at the weekend, so he’s coming back just till after the CL final.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Is it permanent though? Some reports saying it’s just temporary, Mainz’ season was over at the weekend, so he’s coming back just till after the CL final.

If you are on holiday from work, you don’t go and work for another company for a couple of weeks do you?

Nothing in that article makes it sound temporary.  When he talks about “second spell” I think it’s clear. (Haven’t read any other articles on it mind you)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
If you are on holiday from work, you don’t go and work for another company for a couple of weeks do you?

Nothing in that article makes it sound temporary.  When he talks about “second spell” I think it’s clear. (Haven’t read any other articles on it mind you)

I was only askin, good grief! And yes, I’d skip 2 weeks of holidays to work for the club during the run up and the CL final  ;D

Another article said it was temporary, hence asking. Can’t find it now to link it, as I saw it on twitter earlier.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
I was only askin, good grief! And yes, I’d skip 2 weeks of holidays to work for the club during the run up and the CL final  ;D

Another article said it was temporary, hence asking. Can’t find it now to link it, as I saw it on twitter earlier.

;D fair enough.. so would I !
W