Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888784 times)

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #11040 on: September 19, 2021, 08:13:37 am »
Ahem...

Remember the "For lease Naby lad" days?...

:lmao… awkward!!!

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #11041 on: September 19, 2021, 10:58:25 am »
Watch Sadio Mane. He competes for the corner, then trots over to the far post and stands there poised with one foot in the air. "Aim for the other side, Naby!"

Its an ancient sign language,  interpreted in the form of shoe dance.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11042 on: September 19, 2021, 11:21:49 am »
Ahem...

Remember the "For lease Naby lad" days?...

That was a great gag then, and remains so now. Kudos to 24*7 who either made it up or spotted its potential and posted it (unclear from the context).

Meanwhile, as ever I fear you have misunderstood the rest of the post

:lmao… awkward!!!
Nice try but no cigar. Bit of a tip for you: Don't just believe things without checking back yourself. That post came at a time when people were seriously talking of selling Naby off. I was therefore, of course, sarcastically taking the piss out of those morons. The clue was in the 'post office ad' bit. Plus my previous two posts before that one were:

Yes Naby laaad. Watch and weep, ye moaning, whinging fannies

Quick! Save yourselves! A stampede of twats is headed this way!

Not the words of someone who wants to sell the player off.

You can accuse me of posting all kinds of shite, but I've never wavered with the wind in my support for Naby, like some people do, and I never post asking for players to be sold off. Never. I don't think I even said that about Adrian who, to my shame, was the one player I did on one occasion excessively criticise.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 02:36:41 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11043 on: September 19, 2021, 02:31:29 pm »
From LFC Reddit.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11044 on: September 19, 2021, 03:26:58 pm »
Brilliant Naby Lad. The KeitaHaters can fuck off.

See you later, KeitaHater.

Offline .........

• Kemlynite
« Reply #11045 on: September 19, 2021, 04:10:55 pm »
Al mate, ever thought of getting into the motivational speaking circuit?
;D ;D ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11046 on: September 19, 2021, 04:16:29 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11047 on: September 21, 2021, 10:11:28 pm »
Pretty sure it was a planned change

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #11048 on: September 21, 2021, 10:12:13 pm »
Klopp says Naby Keita hurt himself 'kicking the grass' in the first half, but says they are not too concerned about the injury.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11049 on: September 21, 2021, 10:15:16 pm »
Pretty sure it was a planned change

That is my guess regardless of what Klopp says.

He isnt going to tell the bloke its cos im starting him at Brentford !!

Online fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #11050 on: September 21, 2021, 10:17:40 pm »
Klopp says Naby Keita hurt himself 'kicking the grass' in the first half, but says they are not too concerned about the injury.

He would have continued playing in any other match. However, here you dont want to gamble in this match, and also you have a young guy sitting on the bench just waiting to get out there.

So no harm done at all

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11051 on: September 21, 2021, 10:21:33 pm »

Well we will see, but he's not the robust of players and it wouldn't be unusual for him to be out for a month with a niggle

Hope I'm wrong

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11052 on: September 21, 2021, 10:23:36 pm »

Didn't know Danny Ward was playing.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #11053 on: September 21, 2021, 10:24:22 pm »
Klopp says Naby Keita hurt himself 'kicking the grass' in the first half.

Just say no!

Offline Borderred

• Boys Pen
« Reply #11054 on: September 21, 2021, 10:26:20 pm »
There was a camera angle from behind in front of the goal in the first half showing him rubbing his ankle

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11055 on: September 21, 2021, 10:28:20 pm »

Can't believe the ref didn't send that fucking grass off

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11056 on: September 21, 2021, 10:30:26 pm »
Can't believe the ref didn't send that fucking grass off

It is was for Norwich he would've blown for a free kick for sure.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11057 on: September 21, 2021, 10:32:21 pm »

;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11058 on: September 21, 2021, 10:33:15 pm »
Naby would get injured looking at grass for prolonged periods.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11059 on: September 21, 2021, 10:48:16 pm »

Of course he fucking did ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11060 on: September 21, 2021, 10:57:55 pm »

genuinely unsure if this is a joke or not
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11061 on: September 21, 2021, 10:58:43 pm »

He did seem to kick the ground in the first half.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #11062 on: September 21, 2021, 11:00:30 pm »

Confirmed quote from Klopp.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #11063 on: September 22, 2021, 12:35:23 am »
Any time he goes off with what ‘looks’ like an injury he’s injured.

So….I can only presume he’s injured.

Not good with Thiago out as well.
YWNA

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #11064 on: September 22, 2021, 02:28:02 am »
Klopp says Naby Keita hurt himself 'kicking grass' in the first half

The way him and Ox played in that first half it looked more like they’d both been smoking it

;D

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #11065 on: September 22, 2021, 10:15:57 am »
Was away with the fairies last night by the looks of things. He's great with the ball at feet and moving it forwards but the one thing that concerns me more than most is how slow he is and thats not good in a midfield like ours. He has no burst of speed and regularly gets bypassed by runners in midfield from which he never seems to be able to catch up with or recover from - nearly looks like he's about to trip over himself when running at speed at times.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11066 on: September 22, 2021, 10:18:42 am »
Was away with the fairies last night by the looks of things. He's great with the ball at feet and moving it forwards but the one thing that concerns me more than most is how slow he is and thats not good in a midfield like ours. He has no burst of speed and regularly gets bypassed by runners in midfield from which he never seems to be able to catch up with or recover from - nearly looks like he's about to trip over himself when running at speed at times.

Yep - he's deceptively slow.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11067 on: September 22, 2021, 10:44:29 am »
He's a lovely player when everything's going the team's way, but doesn't add much when it isn't. His performance last night was similar to one he put in a couple of seasons ago in the same competition (at Wolves perhaps). Surrounded by younger, more inexperienced players than himself, it was the younger, more inexperienced players who got things moving, not Keita.

Perhaps he's injured again and back on the couch for a stretch. That can never be good news. But thankfully it wasn't Curtis Jones who hobbled off.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11068 on: September 22, 2021, 10:47:20 am »
Was he playing in the 6 at times last night? It was a pretty mad midfield line up really and, whilst he should have done better against some fairly dire opposition, I wasn't really sure what he was supposed to be doing. We looked much more solid/better once Morton came on.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #11069 on: September 22, 2021, 10:59:22 am »
Was he playing in the 6 at times last night? It was a pretty mad midfield line up really and, whilst he should have done better against some fairly dire opposition, I wasn't really sure what he was supposed to be doing. We looked much more solid/better once Morton came on.
He was definitely playing the 6 and he definitely shouldn't be playing there.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11070 on: September 22, 2021, 11:09:38 am »
He was definitely playing the 6 and he definitely shouldn't be playing there.

Jones played as the 6 last night.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11071 on: September 22, 2021, 11:15:01 am »
Jones played as the 6 last night.

Yeah, Klopp said so. But it almost seemed like the two were alternating positions. Keita did seem like the 6 at times and it didn't suit him.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11072 on: September 22, 2021, 11:21:48 am »
Was he trying too hard to cover for/help Jones?

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11073 on: September 22, 2021, 11:25:35 am »
Was he trying too hard to cover for/help Jones?

Yeah, it looked like it as Jones improved in the second half after moving to his favorite position as an 8.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11074 on: September 22, 2021, 11:34:17 am »
Ox was also absolutely terrible in that first half so combined with Jones playing a very unfamiliar role the midfield basically didn't work at all. And the thing about a Klopp midfield is when it's dysfunctional any player can look terrible. And Keita doesn't have the legs to plug gaps either so when there are gaps it's very obvious. Gini used to be able to do a lot of remedial work with his workrate, strength and speed over the ground. Keita doesn't have that in his physical locker unfortunately. On one level it doesn't matter though, normally Keita is going to be in a midfield with at least one, normally two, of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago, and if you put him with 2 of them the midfield won't be dysfunctional and Keita's deficiencies will be less exposed.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11075 on: September 22, 2021, 11:40:06 am »

Injured in a coup de grass...

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #11076 on: September 22, 2021, 11:54:16 am »
He's a lovely player when everything's going the team's way, but doesn't add much when it isn't. His performance last night was similar to one he put in a couple of seasons ago in the same competition (at Wolves perhaps). Surrounded by younger, more inexperienced players than himself, it was the younger, more inexperienced players who got things moving, not Keita.

Perhaps he's injured again and back on the couch for a stretch. That can never be good news. But thankfully it wasn't Curtis Jones who hobbled off.

Yeah, I think a player of his purported quality should be running a game like the one last night. Not necessarily in terms of scoring or creating chance after chance, but in a case of just visually looking a level or two above and being in charge of things. He just meandered through the first half, not doing much wrong but not being very productive either. He looked like he couldn't really be bothered, and as has been noticed his slowness at times makes him look like a complete passenger.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #11077 on: September 22, 2021, 12:03:22 pm »
Yeah, I think a player of his purported quality should be running a game like the one last night. Not necessarily in terms of scoring or creating chance after chance, but in a case of just visually looking a level or two above and being in charge of things. He just meandered through the first half, not doing much wrong but not being very productive either. He looked like he couldn't really be bothered, and as has been noticed his slowness at times makes him look like a complete passenger.

I do wonder of the team shape didn't help matters last night. Particularly in the 1st half. Keita and AOC both seemed off the pace. Always a yard or so away from where they should be. It improved in the 2nd half and I think our all round midfield performance did. I just wonder how much of that improvement was personnel driven versus changes in shape at half-time.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11078 on: September 22, 2021, 12:18:17 pm »

I think Keita will always have games like this, but it doesn't overly concern me. I think there are separate horses for different courses and he's not going to be the main man in this one scenario. I think he feeds off the energy of others rather than creates it for himself.

Still love him though.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11079 on: September 22, 2021, 12:19:24 pm »
People really can't wait to put the boot in.  Pretty amazing really.