Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923687 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: General Newcastle United thread - Benitezless
« Reply #14160 on: July 17, 2019, 02:13:19 pm »
I would like to wager a large sum on these guys going down or Bruce being fired before the end of the season.

Bruce will defo be gone by Xmas and then it'll be the usual merry go round of faces linked with it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14161 on: July 17, 2019, 02:40:44 pm »
No chance Bruce will be gone by Christmas.  Ashley would have to pay compensation to do that.

Bruce will probably still be there next season even if/when they go down.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14162 on: July 17, 2019, 02:41:46 pm »
No chance Bruce will be gone by Christmas. 

Let's see when they're well off the pace in the relegation zone come end of October.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #14163 on: July 17, 2019, 02:57:36 pm »
“British Coaching is making a comeback”
Old monkey mitts is really trolling now.

I can't wait for Qatari sports presenters to be given a fair crack of the whip on their local stations.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14164 on: July 17, 2019, 03:01:09 pm »
Bruce has been brought in for a specific reason and I doubt it has anything to do with where Newcastle end up finishing.  I can't see him being sacked even if they go down. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14165 on: July 17, 2019, 03:11:52 pm »
If he isn't sacked he'll probably do a Pardew and walk away as the fans will amp up the pressure.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14166 on: July 17, 2019, 03:13:10 pm »
If he isn't sacked he'll probably do a Pardew and walk away as the fans will amp up the pressure.

And Pardew had an 8 year contract  :o

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14167 on: July 17, 2019, 03:14:16 pm »
And Pardew had an 8 year contract  :o

Latest is he's linked with a job in the MLS

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14168 on: July 17, 2019, 03:32:54 pm »
Latest is he's linked with a job in the MLS

He'll be shit there too.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #14169 on: July 17, 2019, 03:56:40 pm »

What pressure? They haven't done much in the past 4 years.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14170 on: July 17, 2019, 04:16:22 pm »
It's no surprise that disloyal, unfaithful, shags-his-daughter's-best-mate-behind-his-cancer-ridden-wife's-back weapon and all round human moth-eaten hearthrug Richard Keys is supporting Steve 'trusthworthy' Bruce. Takes one to know one.

After this any club who gives Bruce a job deserves everything they get. He has shown himself on multiple occasions to have no notion of loyalty or scruples. Fat-headed quim
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14171 on: July 17, 2019, 04:39:32 pm »
After this any club who gives Bruce a job deserves everything they get. He has shown himself on multiple occasions to have no notion of loyalty or scruples. Fat-headed quim

He apparently went on strike when he was a player at Norwich City, before going on strike was a thing, in order to force through his transfer to Manchester United.  He's been like it his whole life.

He'll be making eyes at Woodward in a few weeks when United finally sack Solsjkaer off.  He'll probably resign again claiming his head's not right. (Which it isn't, obviously!)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14172 on: July 17, 2019, 04:41:10 pm »
What pressure? They haven't done much in the past 4 years.

Who hasn't?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14173 on: July 17, 2019, 04:44:54 pm »

Don't think so. They didn't do anything while rafa was there.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14174 on: July 17, 2019, 04:48:19 pm »
Don't think so. They didn't do anything while rafa was there.

I mean v the manager not Ashley. They had no reason to do anything other than get behind Rafa.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #14175 on: July 17, 2019, 05:09:17 pm »
He'll be making eyes at Woodward in a few weeks when United finally sack Solsjkaer off.  He'll probably resign again claiming his head's not right. (Which it isn't, obviously!)

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14176 on: July 17, 2019, 05:12:29 pm »
“British Coaching is making a comeback”
Old monkey mitts is really trolling now.
If the job was given to someone like Eddie Howe, or Brendan Rodgers, or even Sean Dyche, that'd be one thing. They've all done very good jobs recently with Premier League clubs. Potato Head getting the Newcastle job doesn't mean anything, he's a Championship-level mercenary. If anything, he's stopping younger British coaches getting jobs.

Graham Potter getting the Brighton job is genuine good news for British coaches - he is a good coach who did a very impressive job as Ostersund. Just quickly went through Keys's Twitter posts around the time he was appointed Brighton boss and didn't see any mention of that. Almost like he doesn't care about British coaches at all, just defending his mates in the LMA old boys club (and trolling Newcastle fans who take the bait every time).

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14177 on: July 17, 2019, 05:18:58 pm »
just defending his mates in the LMA old boys club (and trolling Newcastle fans who take the bait every time).
I don't think that Newcastle fans are 'taking the bait' - I doubt most respondents are even Newcastle fans - I think people are just happy to have another opportunity to creatively insult the Immac-fearing human gorilla suit
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14178 on: July 17, 2019, 05:25:00 pm »
Can't wait for these bellends to go down.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14179 on: July 17, 2019, 05:35:09 pm »
I don't think that Newcastle fans are 'taking the bait' - I doubt most respondents are even Newcastle fans - I think people are just happy to have another opportunity to creatively insult the Immac-fearing human gorilla suit
Fair enough.  :D I'm not a fan of his - his actions have shown he's pretty despicable - but it seems like the abuse he gets amuses him more than annoys or upsets him, so I don't see the point of it myself. :)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14180 on: July 17, 2019, 06:19:05 pm »
When does Elmohamedy arrive?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - Bruce of the Almighty Head.
« Reply #14181 on: July 17, 2019, 08:05:40 pm »

I think the only person mutton mitts is trying to troll is Rafa himself.  For some reason he despises him.  My guess he's still trying to troll us; he's never gotten over how much we hated Hodgson and how badly he failed here, so he goes after Rafa every opportunity he gets.

Popcorn's Art

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #14182 on: July 17, 2019, 08:16:47 pm »
I feel for Newcastle fans. Steve Bruce is an absolute pile of shite, and a former Sunderland manager to boot, of course.

He's the kind of manager who will sign 8 shit players in a summer, then complain half way through the season that 'he doesn't have the players'.

For what, though? Ol' Brucey doesn't have a fucking clue. He doesn't have any discernible system or ability beyond vaguely being able to organise a 4-4-2 with crosses to the big men. His only noteworthy achievements have been to get well-funded championship teams promoted and then relegated again after a couple of seasons, and it's been a long time since he's even achieved that.

The whole appointment absolutely smacks of getting someone in who will happily eat his wage, spout the right shit to the media and act as a convenient fall guy for their, now, absolutely inevitable relegation and fire sale of whatever decent players they have left. For Geordies, this whole episode must be something akin to taking Scarlett Johansson to bed and being woken up by the corpse of Barbara Windsor.

Mike Ashley is a fucking horrible piece of shit, and Bruce is a c*nt for taking his silver dollar. They absolutely deserve each other, but I wish it were a club like Chelsea that they were destroying instead.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:18:23 pm by hesbighesred »
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14183 on: July 17, 2019, 08:52:33 pm »
I feel for Newcastle fans. Steve Bruce is an absolute pile of shite, and a former Sunderland manager to boot, of course.

He's the kind of manager who will sign 8 shit players in a summer, then complain half way through the season that 'he doesn't have the players'.

For what, though? Ol' Brucey doesn't have a fucking clue. He doesn't have any discernible system or ability beyond vaguely being able to organise a 4-4-2 with crosses to the big men. His only noteworthy achievements have been to get well-funded championship teams promoted and then relegated again after a couple of seasons, and it's been a long time since he's even achieved that.

The whole appointment absolutely smacks of getting someone in who will happily eat his wage, spout the right shit to the media and act as a convenient fall guy for their, now, absolutely inevitable relegation and fire sale of whatever decent players they have left. For Geordies, this whole episode must be something akin to taking Scarlett Johansson to bed and being woken up by the corpse of Barbara Windsor.

Mike Ashley is a fucking horrible piece of shit, and Bruce is a c*nt for taking his silver dollar. They absolutely deserve each other, but I wish it were a club like Chelsea that they were destroying instead.

Absolute pile of head, too...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #14184 on: July 17, 2019, 08:58:44 pm »

:thumbup

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14185 on: July 17, 2019, 09:53:52 pm »
That’ll do it
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #14186 on: July 17, 2019, 10:02:05 pm »
What are the odds on Newcastle getting relegated this season?  Benitez for Bruce, oh dear.
dios esta buena

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14187 on: July 17, 2019, 11:25:48 pm »
He will last 1/2 a season.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #14188 on: July 17, 2019, 11:40:24 pm »

Has there ever been another owner of a reasonably sized football club who has trolled his own entire fanbase as much as Ashley does?

We had it bad with the two poisonous clowns, but this fella just seems to delight in pissing on his own club and its fans.

Imagine being a Newcastle fan. You are starved of success for decade upon decade, then you appoint a European Cup Winning manager who gets you and wants to bring success to your club. You suddenly think things might finally be looking up ... then you end up with Steve Bruce instead.  :duh
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14189 on: July 18, 2019, 12:14:56 am »
He will last 1/2 a season.

He won't get sacked because Ashley doesn't care about getting relegated.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #14190 on: July 18, 2019, 12:32:49 am »
I am guessing that FatHead will sign 2-3 ManU/Everton/Sunderland rejects, and there will be at least one who is a former United and Everton, or Everton and Sunderland player.

Which makes me wonder, is there a player who has played for all three in that order, United --> Everton --> Sunderland?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14191 on: July 18, 2019, 01:05:56 am »
I am guessing that FatHead will sign 2-3 ManU/Everton/Sunderland rejects, and there will be at least one who is a former United and Everton, or Everton and Sunderland player.

Which makes me wonder, is there a player who has played for all three in that order, United --> Everton --> Sunderland?

Saha, although he was at Spurs between Everton and Sunderland
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re: NUFC - Commence Operation Destroy & Exit!
« Reply #14192 on: July 18, 2019, 04:39:13 am »
Seriously though.

The absolute state of that head.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #14193 on: July 18, 2019, 07:03:48 am »
From what I've read in this thread, the Sheffield project could have been good for Rafa.
Sorry to go off topic, but is the Chinese league available anywhere? You'd think to promote it they'd live stream it.  With decent (albeit end of career) players going there and some decent managers, it would do well for footie lovers that aren't going to pay the silly money to sky et Al.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #14194 on: July 18, 2019, 07:05:41 am »

Darren Gibson?

I say played.
AHA!

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #14195 on: July 18, 2019, 07:09:14 am »
Darren Gibson?

I say played.

Louis Saha also, if memory serves correctly.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14196 on: July 18, 2019, 08:03:14 am »
Louis Saha also, if memory serves correctly.

WTF
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #14197 on: July 18, 2019, 08:59:18 am »
Fair enough.  :D I'm not a fan of his - his actions have shown he's pretty despicable - but it seems like the abuse he gets amuses him more than annoys or upsets him, so I don't see the point of it myself. :)
I can`t see being constantly reminded that he shagged his daughters best mate while his wife was dying with cancer could amuse anyone?

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #14198 on: July 18, 2019, 10:03:41 am »
WTF

Sorry didn't see your post above.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #14199 on: July 18, 2019, 10:34:41 am »
He won't get sacked because Ashley doesn't care about getting relegated.
Those parachute payments??
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."