Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210980 times)

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #880 on: August 5, 2020, 04:25:38 pm »
Might order that Marvel's Avengers game...

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #881 on: August 6, 2020, 09:09:49 am »
Tempted myself by Avengers but think I’ll wait for the ‘Free’ Beta weekends next weekend & following weekend 14-16 & 21-23 (on PS4) to see how it feels first.

Currently on a Platinum Trophy push in Cities Skylines, waiting on Planet Coaster at the end of the year.
Got Ghost of Tsushima but need a block of time to jump in focused on nothing else. But end of the month PGA 2K21 and Tony Hawk Sept 4th, 
« Last Edit: August 6, 2020, 09:11:59 am by db1animal »
Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #882 on: August 6, 2020, 09:14:14 am »
Tempted myself by Avengers but think I’ll wait for the ‘Free’ Beta weekends next weekend & following weekend 14-16 & 21-23 (on PS4) to see how it feels first.

Currently on a Platinum Trophy push in Cities Skylines, waiting on Planet Coaster at the end of the year.
Got Ghost of Tsushima but need a block of time to jump in focused on nothing else. But end of the month PGA 2K21 and Tony Hawk Sept 4th,
I cracked and ordered it.  But I need my mates to order it too or else I'll end up playing it solo while they're stuck on Destiny.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #883 on: August 6, 2020, 09:26:23 am »
Fall Guys is mad.  And surprisingly intense.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: August 6, 2020, 09:28:02 am »
Anyone played Kentucky Route Zero?

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: August 6, 2020, 10:07:06 am »
Looking forward to giving Horizon Zero Dawn a bash now that it's finally come to PC.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #886 on: August 6, 2020, 11:41:43 am »
Looking forward to giving Horizon Zero Dawn a bash now that it's finally come to PC.
It's a really good game. The story is okay but the robot beast things are fantastic and the different ways you can take them down and just the variations of them, it was really cool.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: August 6, 2020, 07:53:13 pm »
Anyone played Kentucky Route Zero?

Only played the first episode, way back when. I loved it. Been meaning to buy the whole lot on Switch, now they're all out and packaged as one. Like an old school point and click (a bit, not so much puzzles IIRC but the movement and look) with David Lynch vibes.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #888 on: August 6, 2020, 10:38:22 pm »
Didn't realise Cyberpunk and AC:Valhalla coming out 3 days apart! The two games I'm looking forward to.

FFS ;D

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: August 7, 2020, 07:23:38 pm »
It's a really good game. The story is okay but the robot beast things are fantastic and the different ways you can take them down and just the variations of them, it was really cool.

It appears now though that once again PC players like myself have been treated to another broken release, so I'll wait until it's fixed...if ever.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #890 on: August 9, 2020, 10:20:15 am »
Found an old cache of games I thought were long lost when helping my parents clear out their attic. Stuck on Fable 2 when I got home, massive nostalgia. Adored the first two in the series when they were released, so I’m happy there’s a sequel in the works.

There’s probably a decent amount of money’s worth in the box. The old Xbox and 360 games will be worth next to nothing, but I’ve also got every single mainline Pokemon game up to 6th gen in there and boxed.

Also found a game I’d not thought of in years, Jade Empire. Quirky original Xbox exclusive if I remember correctly, made by BioWare in the KOTOR mould but with more of a real-time combat system and set in feudal China. Remember enjoying it immensely. Unfortunately I’ve nothing it’ll play on anymore. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #891 on: August 9, 2020, 01:37:51 pm »
At Moment on ps4

Red dead redemption 2
Detroit become human
Pes 2020
( all unreal games )

Online ; the division 2 - very good .

Playing resi evil 1 hd remake struggling abit to be honest. My first Resi evil game . Inventory management and the constant retracing steps can be painful . Eventually gave in started using IGN walkthrough . Even then it’s hard ! Vowed not use one for resident evil 2 just a help get me into it .
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2020, 09:56:43 pm »
Fall Guys is fun.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: August 12, 2020, 02:06:28 pm »
Tried FF VII Remake and finding it difficult to get into, much like the original. Preferred VIII but everyone has their own preference with those.

On PC, American Truck Sim. Its dull but relaxing and visually stunning at times (with some mods).
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: August 12, 2020, 02:15:15 pm »
Getting my ass kicked in beautiful Banner Saga. Not a bad game at all.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: August 12, 2020, 06:26:34 pm »
Fall Guys is fun.
Hooked after half an hour into it
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #896 on: August 15, 2020, 04:48:49 pm »
Trying out Vagrus in Early Access. Ever played a game where you knew that the people behind it were DnD nerds without needing to even check? Yeah. Good things about are the initial concept of a morally ambiguous world where you have heavily text driven open world RPG. From that angle, it's well done if very derivative. I mean 'what if the Roman Empire were really into death cults and magic?' is the stuff of Dominions campaigns already. In this one you're leading a caravan of guards, workers, and slaves about with trading and combat and little linked stories to uncover. Bad side to it is that the designers seem to have skipped the evolution of computer game RPGs away from the book keeping of tabletop which happened in the '90s. It's like playing Darklands and thinking 'You know what makes it great? All the additional note taking and reminders you need to do away from the game!'.  The more obvious flaws in combat being RNG happy in a way even Mordheim would blink at, nor trade just being ridiculously borked, will hopefully be sorted.

See where it ends up by the end of their proposed 5 more months of development but the rough edges to it may not be fully smoothed away in that sort of time, and it's not a cheap early access (in addition to their crowdfunder) either.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #897 on: August 15, 2020, 06:41:06 pm »
I'm loving Fall guys takes me back to the N64 and PS1 days, I want my gaming to be fun, so many games just bore you nowadays. What happened to fun gaming???

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: August 15, 2020, 07:37:42 pm »
Been on a PS Now mission the last few weeks.

Finished Both Tomb Raiders (Rise and Shadow) Watchdogs 2, Alice and Metro Exodus.

Metro i found pretty hard, you're basically fucked if you run out of Ammo, you have to do a lot of hiding and dodging enemies when your ammo is low, might have a do at the other other Metro games in future which are more shooter type games than Exodus.

Gonna have a bash at Modern Warfare 2 remastered that's on PS Plus, then i'm going to finally purchase Ghost Of Tsushima.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: August 15, 2020, 08:12:59 pm »
I'm loving Fall guys takes me back to the N64 and PS1 days, I want my gaming to be fun, so many games just bore you nowadays. What happened to fun gaming???
Hm. Don’t know about that. Have you tried Dark Souls? [emoji16]

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: August 15, 2020, 08:26:14 pm »
Can't wait for Cyberpunk. Sick to death of all my games. Only bother playing BFV, COD or Fifa at the moment after work, and I'm sick of them all  :P

Anyone played FM Touch? I'm under the impression it's a lightweight version of the full game. Is the specs the same, but some of the functionality left out? Or is it optimized for lesser hardware?

I have an elserly laptop which I use for games over the Christmas holidays. FM or Total Wsr-series are my go-to franchices  ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:28:04 pm by Crimson »
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #901 on: August 19, 2020, 10:18:31 pm »
It appears now though that once again PC players like myself have been treated to another broken release, so I'll wait until it's fixed...if ever.

I didn't have many issues with it at all. I experienced a few occasional crashes, but it seems to autosave regularly so apart from the time it took to fire the game up again I didn't find that I lost any progress.

I am aware that other people do seem to have had a lot of issues with it though.

And it was well worth those few crashes too. I knew no spoilers about the game going in and am really pleased that I didn't.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #902 on: August 20, 2020, 01:42:06 am »
Right now I'm playing the crap out of Slay the Spire, which I've only just discovered. It's delightful.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: August 20, 2020, 10:23:36 am »
Doom (2016) at the moment. I'm really enjoying it, it takes me back to playing FPSs in the late 90s, but without feeling dated.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: August 23, 2020, 01:54:23 am »
The Touryst
Forager
Both on Game Pass, both a lot of fun, tried Battletoads, wasn't fussed to be honest, Combat is quite good, pure 90s side scrolling beat em up stuff, but they've shoehorned a lot of other nonsense in too.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: August 23, 2020, 06:56:03 am »
The Touryst
Forager
Both on Game Pass, both a lot of fun, tried Battletoads, wasn't fussed to be honest, Combat is quite good, pure 90s side scrolling beat em up stuff, but they've shoehorned a lot of other nonsense in too.
The thing is with Battletoads is that Streets Of Rage is already on there and Is far better. I played it for five minutes before uninstalling.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #906 on: August 23, 2020, 06:51:38 pm »
Finished Breath of the Wild. Loved the open story and gameplay. It does finish very abruptly though. Can't really play it after beating Ganon. I'll need to wait about 6 months before picking it up again and starting from scratch.

Fall Guys is an extremely addictive and enjoyable game.

Started playing Death Stranding. Looks incredible but the mind of Hideo Kojima is a struggle.

I'm trying so hard to get into Red Dead 2 but I'm struggling. Feel like I need a week off work to put a 5 hour session into it to try and enjoy it

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: August 24, 2020, 09:28:54 am »
Been on a PS Now mission the last few weeks.

Finished Both Tomb Raiders (Rise and Shadow) Watchdogs 2, Alice and Metro Exodus.

Metro i found pretty hard, you're basically fucked if you run out of Ammo, you have to do a lot of hiding and dodging enemies when your ammo is low, might have a do at the other other Metro games in future which are more shooter type games than Exodus.

Gonna have a bash at Modern Warfare 2 remastered that's on PS Plus, then i'm going to finally purchase Ghost Of Tsushima.

You'll still have to do the same stuff that you mentioned with the other metro games.  They're more linear and set entirely in the metro, but the game-play plays out pretty much the same and are deffo not "more shooter" than Exodus.  Personal opinion and all that, but in your position I wouldn't bother with 2033, but thought Last Light was boss.  Probably my favorite of the three. 

I didn't have many issues with it at all. I experienced a few occasional crashes, but it seems to autosave regularly so apart from the time it took to fire the game up again I didn't find that I lost any progress.

I am aware that other people do seem to have had a lot of issues with it though.

And it was well worth those few crashes too. I knew no spoilers about the game going in and am really pleased that I didn't.

Think that I'll take the plunge and give it a go then, cheers.  What hardware are you running it on incidentally? 

Anyhow, I'm in a similar situation as yourself in that I know practically nothing about the game going in.  I've watched a few very brief snippets of gameplay and read some of the comments on here from the lads playing on console, but nothing in-depth or remotely story related, which is great as I really enjoy 'going in blind' with these sorts of games.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 09:35:58 am by Darren G »

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: August 24, 2020, 11:00:11 am »
Starcraft Remastered. Starcraft 2 is the superior game but story wise nothing comes close. I still remember my first encounter with the Zerg.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #909 on: August 24, 2020, 11:13:46 am »
You'll still have to do the same stuff that you mentioned with the other metro games.  They're more linear and set entirely in the metro, but the game-play plays out pretty much the same and are deffo not "more shooter" than Exodus.  Personal opinion and all that, but in your position I wouldn't bother with 2033, but thought Last Light was boss.  Probably my favorite of the three. 

Think that I'll take the plunge and give it a go then, cheers.  What hardware are you running it on incidentally? 

Anyhow, I'm in a similar situation as yourself in that I know practically nothing about the game going in.  I've watched a few very brief snippets of gameplay and read some of the comments on here from the lads playing on console, but nothing in-depth or remotely story related, which is great as I really enjoy 'going in blind' with these sorts of games.

i7 and a gtx 1080 are the main things. running settings on High.

I finished the game early last week but fired it up yesterday just to have a look at something and the performance has gone on its arse and gone incredibly stuttery when moving the camera around. Very odd. The only change is that there was a graphic driver update last week which I can only presume was the cause.

But give it a go anyway. There seem to be a lot of various different experiences.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: August 24, 2020, 11:17:26 am »
Loved 'A Short Hike'. Less than a fiver and got a few hours enjoyment out of it. Lovely game with funny dialogue.

get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: August 24, 2020, 12:17:22 pm »
i7 and a gtx 1080 are the main things. running settings on High.

I finished the game early last week but fired it up yesterday just to have a look at something and the performance has gone on its arse and gone incredibly stuttery when moving the camera around. Very odd. The only change is that there was a graphic driver update last week which I can only presume was the cause.

But give it a go anyway. There seem to be a lot of various different experiences.

OK, thanks for that mate.  I wasn't necessarily worried about performance with my hardware question, but was more interested to see if you were using AMD, intel,  Nvidia etc. 

Your recent issues could be the driver, but could be a couple of other things too.  Ah, the joys of PC gaming.  Will deffo grab HZD over the next couple of days though. 

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #912 on: August 24, 2020, 12:24:02 pm »
OK, thanks for that mate.  I wasn't necessarily worried about performance with my hardware question, but was more interested to see if you were using AMD, intel,  Nvidia etc. 

Your recent issues could be the driver, but could be a couple of other things too.  Ah, the joys of PC gaming.  Will deffo grab HZD over the next couple of days though. 

I don't really mind too much because I've finished the game and the DLC anyway and only fired it up yesterday to have a look at something. But it's odd how it was running smoothly and absolutely fine (barring the occasional crash) last week and is so poor now and the only thing that's changed is the graphics drivers.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: August 24, 2020, 02:47:39 pm »
I don't really mind too much because I've finished the game and the DLC anyway and only fired it up yesterday to have a look at something. But it's odd how it was running smoothly and absolutely fine (barring the occasional crash) last week and is so poor now and the only thing that's changed is the graphics drivers.

Yeah, probably the drivers unless the game has updated itself with a patch that you've been unaware of.  I had GTA5 fuck itself up some time back with an update. 

Might be worth keeping your previous driver installation files if you want to play it again in the future. Probably not something that you want to dick around testing right now, but reverting to your previous drivers would be the only way to know for sure.  Wouldn't surprise me though if you're correct in your assumption.  Witcher 3 for example was an absolute c*nt for me in terms of finding drivers where it didn't stutter (had the same issue with both AMD and Nvidia cards).  Anyhow, as I said, I'll see how I go with HZD. 

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #914 on: August 24, 2020, 05:34:07 pm »
Fight Night Champion... on my PC

(PS3 emulation is now good enough, plus I found a repository of PS3 isos that always seems online!)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 05:43:11 pm by ToneLa »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: August 24, 2020, 05:40:05 pm »
Fight Night Champion... on my PC

(PS3 emulation is now good enough, plus I found a repository of PS3 isos that always seems online!)

Can you point us in the right direction mate.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: August 24, 2020, 05:47:55 pm »
Can you point us in the right direction mate.

Sure can!

Emulator: www.rpcs3.net
PS3 firmware (which Sony give away freely now, it's abandonware basically): https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps3/
ISOs: https://the-eye.eu/alvro/Sony/PS3%20ISO/ (they have tons, have an explore)

And if  you want Fight Night Champion to work (I'm playing with a Dualshock 4 using DS4Windows), these settings:

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: August 24, 2020, 05:56:06 pm »
Thank you  :thumbup
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: August 24, 2020, 05:58:16 pm »
Enjoy! That site is very safe, I've used it a while, just absolutely obsessed with Fight Night so not bothered with emulation in a while.

Currently grabbing Wipeout HD...  ;D

Edit: See? :D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:08:13 pm by ToneLa »

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: August 26, 2020, 12:45:57 pm »
Loved 'A Short Hike'. Less than a fiver and got a few hours enjoyment out of it. Lovely game with funny dialogue.

Oh that's a great shout, got it as part of a bundle a while back, but never found the time to try it out.

Been playing Guacamelee 2 the past few weeks, a fun metroidvania with a cool combat and movement system. Would still recommend the first one over it, but both are worth a try