Author Topic: THE 2022 EUROPEAN CUP FINAL - Liverpool v Real Madrid, Paris SAT 28 MAY 8PM  (Read 72495 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HksbPIVb3PM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HksbPIVb3PM</a>

how random was it that jota walked by around 1:40 seconds in?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well the easiest from memory was the Spurs final - before that I struggle to recall a final where we have kept a clean sheet.
It's never comfortable when conceding 3 goals or more in a final which has happened on multiple occasions

Man United, Worthington Cup final in 2003. Won 2-0
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
One thing I haven't considered is Ancelotti's record against us with Napoli, were always a twat of a side to get the better of.

My nerves are starting to come out now, ahhhh.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any Thiago news?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Have to say, I was in the camp of preferring the league over the CL this season and I'm not just saying this because we lost the league but I've changed my mind, this is the one I really want, this is the one where I'm absolutely shitting it now.
Playing Madrid makes it mean more. Playing Abu Dhabi or PSG or Chelsea wouldn't be the same, they'd be associated with a spectacle that they don't deserve to be. 2 proper proper European giants, in Paris, under the lights. It's the absolute summit and we're on the verge of hitting it, again.
Our lads have been phenomenal this season, 1 huge big push and empty the tank and that parade could have 3 cups on Sunday. Come on lads

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
One thing I haven't considered is Ancelotti's record against us with Napoli, were always a twat of a side to get the better of.

My nerves are starting to come out now, ahhhh.
I've moved into the "we're going to blitz them and be 3-0 up inside 20 minutes" phase. Gradually tomorrow, I'll be expecting penalties and then worrying about defeat. Then I'll get drunk and watch it.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
We really need to take advantage of set pieces. Militao and Alaba especially are nothing special in the air. Van Dijk is due a goal (or two  ;D)
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
I've moved into the "we're going to blitz them and be 3-0 up inside 20 minutes" phase. Gradually tomorrow, I'll be expecting penalties and then worrying about defeat. Then I'll get drunk and watch it.
That's how it felt in 2018 to be fair. When Salah went off injured, we had been the far superior team and were knocking on the door. I'll go to my grave thinking we win that if he doesn't get injured.

Obviously they are a different side now, but I hope we come out with that intensity again tomorrow.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

And Dudek got man of the match, and the second goal came after about 86 minutes so wasn’t an easy win by any stretch.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
The full week of preparation will do us good. Klopp has spoken many times about the importance of it and how a week to prepare for any given game makes him happy. Van Dijk has been rested since his knock, so has Salah with only a cameo last weekend. If Fabinho is fit he will be fresh and although the lay off is a concern, he's a good enough player to pace himself and with the adrenaline and whatnot he should be good to give us an hour. Thiago the same; he's been playing and if his knock isn't that bad that he should be at least fit enough to come off the bench if starting is deemed too risky.

I think there is a genuine chance Madrid could come into this cold. They've not played a meaningful game in 3 weeks really. It doesn't really matter how good you are, being able to just switch on is difficult. Even if the difference is just a few percent, it could really go against them. To be able to go from coasting leading up to a final to being able to be at 100 percent concentration, intensity and performance right away in the biggest game of the season will be a challenge, especially against a team like ours who will likely be aggressive early on.

Naby is hit and miss in big games and he's had some of his best and worst games in a red shirt this season alone, but he could be crucial here with his ability to break the lines and press. If he has one of his better games then I think our chances of winning increase dramatically. Real wont want a basketball type end-to-end game because even with Benzema you'd fancy us to come out on top in that regard and I'm not sure their midfield has the legs for it. They'll likely slow it down, play for moments, frustrate us and hope to be clinical with the chances they do get.

The nerves are really kicking in now. Come on lads, number 7. It has lovely ring to it.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Online Caps4444

• Legacy Fan

Yes both those the second goals came in the 85th minute onwards…..

There was a period in the spurs game where they did put us under a bit of pressure.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anybody managing to get any work done today? I'm struggling to concentrate for some reason.

I've got no bloody choice but to get work done. Two of us finish tonight for a weeks holiday, leaving our immediate boss on his own to cover for us, we've split our Eire operation away from our UK one due to Brexit, so we've writing scripts to move stock about and making software changes to catch things no-one had thought about, we're rebranding a part of the Group into a new company and that goes Live Sunday, so been getting that ready. Added to that the DBA has asked me to change some code as its scanning a table. Last day is supposed to be relaxed no bloody hectic :butt  At least its getting my mind off the game. ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It’s turning left!

Big left turn before you turn 108 to fly into CDG iirc?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And Dudek got man of the match, and the second goal came after about 86 minutes so wasn’t an easy win by any stretch.

Aye was more to do with the clean sheet than the ease of the win. Can barely remember 92, but I think that was straightforward enough
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Big left turn before you turn 108 to fly into CDG iirc?

I was about to ask which airport it was.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
How I would love for once to be 2 goals up going into the last 30 mins of the game. When was the last time we won a final comfortably? Have we ever led by more than 1 goal going into the last 30 mins or so?

Apart from 3-1 v Alaves, don’t think we have.

Its 'fairly' rare that major finals are easy for any team though. Seems to be something thrown as us for not doing things easily, but the majority of finals tend to be by a single goal. Even the domestic ones where a 'minnow' has got through, quite often ends up being pretty tight.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1530156865979441153

Thiago and Fabinho will be included in our travelling squad for the #UCLfinal against Real Madrid.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
any missing players for Real Madrid?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its 'fairly' rare that major finals are easy for any team though. Seems to be something thrown as us for not doing things easily, but the majority of finals tend to be by a single goal. Even the domestic ones where a 'minnow' has got through, quite often ends up being pretty tight.

Last "easy" final I can remember was the 1974 FA Cup final v Newcastle. 1992 FA Cup Final I don't remember being that easy even though we won 2-0.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
A couple of lads I play footie with have gone over, they've just sent a WhatsApp to say they're in a bar with about 100 fans from both sides, both singing songs and buying each other bevvies, all light hearted. Just what you want to hear.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen Klopp on this group of players:

“Very special, the best I ever had - definitely. We grew together. They are fantastic people." [BBC]

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
CL presser live soon..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NOfuqS_GhzU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NOfuqS_GhzU</a>

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
Jurgen Klopp has just told
@beINSPORTS_EN
 that Thiago trained yesterday and is 100% available for the #UCLfinal

Lets goooooo team salbutamol!!!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
any missing players for Real Madrid?
I read this morning they have no absences or possible absences. On bbc I think it was.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My nerves have gone here not going to lie. I actually can't watched tomorrow I will be on a plane and land just about after it all finishes I think (11:30 pm UK time). Was gutted but I looked on the bright side of "well I will land and a result will just have happened, cannot even check, I can just relax knowing I can't know anything as it happen. I can't be nervous"

NOPE, now I am 10x more nervous knowing I will be on a flight completely in the dark until I land. Also with the superstition in me saying "Well if I can't watch, what's that mean?! Would it be different if I could watch"

So yeah my head's gone on this  ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 03:58:19 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
@beINSPORTS_EN

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
@beINSPORTS_EN

town.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
I would follow this man everywhere!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KcSaTle2KBs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KcSaTle2KBs</a>
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Live Press Conference from Paris. Kloppo confirming Thiago trained yesterday and will train today. Fabinho trained normally all week.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Alisson
Trent
Konate
Van Dijk
Roberston
Henderson
Thiago
Fabinho
Mane
Salah
Diaz

Only question is Matip or Konate.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
·
2m
Jurgen Klopp says "it looks good" on the fitness of both Thiago Alcantara and Fabinho ahead of the CL final.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
My nerves have gone here not going to lie. I actually can't watched tomorrow I will be on a plane and land just about after it all finishes I think (11:30 pm UK time). Was gutted but I looked on the bright side of "well I will land and a result will just have happened, cannot even check, I can just relax knowing I can't know anything as it happen. I can't be nervous"

NOPE, now I am 10x more nervous knowing I will be on a flight completely in the dark until I land. Also with the superstition in me saying "Well if I can't watch, what's that mean?! Would it be different if I could watch"

So yeah my head's gone on this  ;D

I'd probably be fucking annoyed if I had to miss a dead rubber game due to a flight, never mind the fucking Champions League Final  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
·
2m
Jurgen Klopp says "it looks good" on the fitness of both Thiago Alcantara and Fabinho ahead of the CL final.

Announce Number 7
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Live Press Conference from Paris. Kloppo confirming Thiago trained yesterday and will train today. Fabinho trained normally all week.
Never had a doubt!
He's silky smooth, yet tough as nails!

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nerves have hit. Feels good.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp