Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433146 times)

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28480 on: May 16, 2019, 10:26:48 am »
Are the bigger established clubs going to threaten a super league if they don't sanction City?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28481 on: May 16, 2019, 10:27:05 am »
With the transfer window opening, does anyone think City will now try and get 3-4 massive transfers through the door before they could possibly face a transfer or CL ban?

They are being investigated over transfers anyway which is likely to result in a ban so I think a decent spend is on the cards.

Plus they may take the view that they’re fucked anyway so may as well just blow FFP right out the window.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28482 on: May 16, 2019, 10:28:01 am »
I think one thing is becoming very clear, most other clubs in Europe are the ones banging on UEFA's door about this. I read one guys information on this a few weeks ago and he is looking more and more on the money. UEFA are being put under huge pressure to put the boot in on City.

Rightly so.

Most football clubs are run as businesses, or at least are trying, to make profit. City’s owners are not interested in profit - not in terms of £ anyway.

They’re a loose cannon. And football owners, such as ours, who want FFP to be adhered too (for numerous reasons) will be fuming.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28483 on: May 16, 2019, 10:28:10 am »
I think one thing is becoming very clear, most other clubs in Europe are the ones banging on UEFA's door about this. I read one guys information on this a few weeks ago and he is looking more and more on the money. UEFA are being put under huge pressure to put the boot in on City.

AC Milan and Roma will deffo want to see them punished for this.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #28484 on: May 16, 2019, 10:29:21 am »
I get the feeling UEFA don't like Man City, they got lucky with dirty money, not even any good in Europe and more importantly they are bad for their 'brand'

Man City are not exactly 'box office' nobody outside their corrupt regime would give a fuck if they got banned.

If UEFA are to show some muscle over cheating this is exactly the team to do it against.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28485 on: May 16, 2019, 10:32:35 am »
Man City’s stance, basically saying it’s a conspiracy and questioning the integrity of the lead investigator is madness.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28486 on: May 16, 2019, 10:40:07 am »
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0516/1049811-city-protest-as-financial-fair-play-sanctions-loom/

Won't hold my breath but iv'e a feeling karma is coming to these gang of c*nts.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28487 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:23 am »
I get the feeling UEFA don't like Man City, they got lucky with dirty money, not even any good in Europe and more importantly they are bad for their 'brand'

Man City are not exactly 'box office' nobody outside their corrupt regime would give a fuck if they got banned.

If UEFA are to show some muscle over cheating this is exactly the team to do it against.

hopefully because the Premier league seem to be in City's pockets. Hardly a wimper about clamping down on them.

Online TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #28488 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:59 am »
Fuck me, reading around the internet, City fans are screaming it`s the media, LFC, UEFA, big club cartels, racist elements who don`t like Arabs etc

No you fucking dickheads, it was born from years of suspicion of your "Sponsorship" income which was then confirmed by Der Spiegel with leaked internal emails from Man City staff  ::)

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28489 on: May 16, 2019, 10:43:19 am »
Vincent Kompany has no say in their PR, which is entirely based on discrediting their critics rather than discrediting their critics' allegations.

He is stopped from apologising himself?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #28490 on: May 16, 2019, 10:43:30 am »
For any City lurker who wants a small measure of how meaningful your club and its success is to us, this thread was started in 2011, and has 714 pages.

The Utd thread was started in 2017 and has 726 pages, even though they're shite.

The old Everton thread, started in 2014, reached 1995 ( :D ) pages, and they're even worse.

Meanwhile the Bluemoon Liverpool thread, started in June 2018, has 2069 pages, second only to Utd on 2072. They've just won the league, yet half their threads on there are talking about Liverpool. Your fans shouting 'Scouse c*nts' upon winning the league, your players singing songs about Liverpool upon winning the league. Obsessed.  :wave

What's even greater is the media have already forgotton about City winning the league (I mean it's not much of a story is it?). The Champions League final on the other hand, whoever wins it, will undoubtedly be getting more coverage. That must sting. Your financial irregularities are all over the media though. Unlucky.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28491 on: May 16, 2019, 10:43:40 am »
Fuck me, reading around the internet, City fans are screaming it`s the media, LFC, UEFA, big club cartels, racist elements who don`t like Arabs etc

No you fucking dickheads, it was born from years of suspicion of your "Sponsorship" income which was then confirmed by Der Spiegel with leaked internal emails from Man City staff  ::)

Always the victims, aren’t they?

Online TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28492 on: May 16, 2019, 10:44:01 am »
The ban isn’t the biggest thing to come from this - UEFA checking through every deal with a fine tooth comb and ruling out and funds coming from the owner would absolutely fuck them, as well as getting them to stop by passing wages by paying in dodgy ways.

There is no chance with increased wages and decreased revenue (in FFP terms) that they’ll pass FFP.

It would then also put pressure on the FA/PL to act.
That`s the part that will fuck them up if they are found guilty. They won`t be able to afford Laporte`s and Mahrez`s and Sane`s and Aguero`s etc

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28493 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:09 am »
Man City’s stance, basically saying it’s a conspiracy and questioning the integrity of the lead investigator is madness.

It's Trump deflection 101.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #28494 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:23 am »
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0516/1049811-city-protest-as-financial-fair-play-sanctions-loom/

Won't hold my breath but iv'e a feeling karma is coming to these gang of c*nts.
i love the picture used in that

if they are punished (and like you im not holding my breath) then they are pretty much a repeat offender given the previous fine.

great chance to make an example of them. will it be taken but?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28495 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:58 am »
Rightly so.

Most football clubs are run as businesses, or at least are trying, to make profit. City’s owners are not interested in profit - not in terms of £ anyway.

They’re a loose cannon. And football owners, such as ours, who want FFP to be adhered too (for numerous reasons) will be fuming.

We all should be fuming. Make no mistake about it we aren't champions right now because of City's ability to cheat their way to a title. To have players the ilk of Sane and Silva warming your bench and what really amounts to an ability to have two first teams to compete on all fronts. I'd go as far as to say the Liverpool's, United's and Barcelona's of this world have made it clear to UEFA that either City are punished or they are going to go full steam ahead with setting up a European super league without the likes of City and PSG.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28496 on: May 16, 2019, 10:47:11 am »
City’s statement is all posturing. They’re hoping for a settlement.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28497 on: May 16, 2019, 10:48:27 am »
Their response statement - just like the one about us yesterday - is a fucking disgrace. Whoever runs their PR is clearly from the Sarah Sanders/Seumas Milne school of just respond aggressively to anything.

You do wonder if behind the scenes some of the other bigger clubs are (rightfully) putting pressure on UEFA to investigate this. For all City's money they probably hold very little sway at UEFA. Teams like Madrid, Barcelona, United, Bayern, Juventus and ourselves are obviously seen as much bigger players on the continent and where a lot of the club power has resided for the last 20-30 years.

Wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid in particular are putting some pressure on about Man City and PSG - they've been left behind financially and won't like that.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #28498 on: May 16, 2019, 10:49:39 am »
The Mancs are getting all excited now as they think that they will get the CL place if you win the Europa.
If the cost of City doing down is the Mancs being in the CL, take my money now

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28499 on: May 16, 2019, 10:50:13 am »

Seen loads trying to link LFC to it. Be it through the New York Times who FSG USED TO have shares in. To former LFC CEO Rick Parry being on the panel and trying to screw them over.

They're displaying a proper victimhood mentality.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28500 on: May 16, 2019, 10:50:28 am »
Somewhere a Sheik must be sat thinking, 'who did we forget to pay off?'

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28501 on: May 16, 2019, 10:51:16 am »
They have gone eerily quiet. Which means they're either burying their heads in the sand and aren't going to do anything about it. Or they're still in the process of building a case against City.
The FA building a caee? Against City?

:lmao

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it

:lmao :lmao

Offline YJT

• Kopite
« Reply #28502 on: May 16, 2019, 10:52:47 am »
It's no surprise that City have gone full out in attacking UEFA. This isn't just about sporting issues, but Abu Dhabi's reputation is on the line here. We all know that Qatar bought PSG and Abu Dhabi City in an attempt to "sportwash" their image and improve their reputation in the western world. If they get found guilty of fraud and deceiving the authorities, then this will tarnish the credibility of Abu Dhabi in the long-term and not just in sport.

Imagine if they get thrown out of Europe for fraud and then there's a crisis in the middle-east and the UAE shows evidence that supports their case. Who's going to believe it? I wonder how Dubai and the other emirates feel about the possibility of being tarnished by this as well.

Already there are rumours that Qatar are getting restless at PSG and who can blame them? If they win the treble everyone else shrugs their shoulders and say no wonder with the amount they spend. When they fuck up, the rest of the world laughs at them. Instead of gaining respect, PSG is becoming a joke in european football.

Similarly I wonder if Abu Dhabi will start questioning their return on investment at City. Even if they win the treble, the shrug won't be as big as with PSG, but it's not seen as a massive achievement. Pep has already given out about the "unfair" press coverage compared to us. I found amusing that the football365 top article after City winning the league was about how we won't be going away next year instead of their season. They won the league last Sunday and four days later they've been accused of cheating and fraud, and received bad press due to their disgusting song about us. Next thing will be the premier league and/or FA investigating them.

They have a cup final in two days and no one cares. All the football related news is about the european finals and United's shitness. The only press they're getting is about them being cheats and classless twats.

The case will hopefully run for years and will be headline news for a couple of weeks over summer. Similarly to how fans find it funny to sing about Gerrard's slip, and boo'd Beckham and Sterling for various reasons not related to anything against their club, I can imagine all the other fans will suddenly jump the the bandwagon and start having ago at them for being cheats. If that happens these chants won't be going away for years, just like the Gerrard chant, and this is regardless of how the investigation turns out. Do Abu Dhabi want to be accused of being cheats anywhere they play for years?

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28503 on: May 16, 2019, 10:52:50 am »
For any City lurker who wants a small measure of how meaningful your club and its success is to us, this thread was started in 2011, and has 714 pages.

The Utd thread was started in 2017 and has 726 pages, even though they're shite.

The old Everton thread, started in 2014, reached 1995 ( :D ) pages, and they're even worse.

Meanwhile the Bluemoon Liverpool thread, started in June 2018, has 2069 pages, second only to Utd on 2072. They've just won the league, yet half their threads on there are talking about Liverpool. Your fans shouting 'Scouse c*nts' upon winning the league, your players singing songs about Liverpool upon winning the league. Obsessed.  :wave

What's even greater is the media have already forgotton about City winning the league (I mean it's not much of a story is it?). The Champions League final on the other hand, whoever wins it, will undoubtedly be getting more coverage. That must sting. Your financial irregularities are all over the media though. Unlucky.

To be fair, that's because they can only have something like 10 posts per page on there.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28505 on: May 16, 2019, 10:54:29 am »
That's where theyre mistaken, had we finished 4th and won Europa, then only 4 teams in CL. The fifth place only comes into place if the winner of Europa/CL finishes outside top 4. There is no scenario in which United get into CL, they would have needed to finish 5th ahead of us.
Dammit

Now they have less incentive to add fuel to City fire

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28506 on: May 16, 2019, 10:55:40 am »
The Mancs are getting all excited now as they think that they will get the CL place if you win the Europa.

Rather them every day of the week in the champions league than City. Do i dislike United, yes of course but at least they are what they are a proper football club built on success that's why they are our biggest rivals. City know deep down all their league wins and trophy's mean the square root of fuck all because of how it was achieved. The gas thing is we all know they've cheated their way to these titles yet the like of Sky TV and the media have all looked the other way. Gang of cocks.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28507 on: May 16, 2019, 10:55:48 am »
The FA building a caee? Against City?

:lmao

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it

:lmao :lmao

It's funny but reality is the FA are an absolute detriment to the game and are supposed to be doing the opposite. I take it the FA has no involvement in Birmingham getting docked 9 points for financial cheating? My word, just typing that, Birmingham were docked 9 points yet these fuckers are getting away scot free when they don't even compare. They are definitely filling too many pockets for this to be sanctioned.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #28508 on: May 16, 2019, 10:57:40 am »
It's funny but reality is the FA are an absolute detriment to the game and are supposed to be doing the opposite. I take it the FA has no involvement in Birmingham getting docked 9 points for financial cheating? My word, just typing that, Birmingham were docked 9 points yet these fuckers are getting away scot free when they don't even compare. They are definitely filling too many pockets for this to be sanctioned.
id say behind the scenes its like an episode of dallas with their owners playing the JR role of finding sticks to beat people with and dodging bullets by sending people away with a nice fat cheque never to be heard from again
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28509 on: May 16, 2019, 10:58:27 am »
Always the victims, aren’t they?

Really. They're not culpable for a single thing. So to speak.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28510 on: May 16, 2019, 11:00:34 am »
Their response statement - just like the one about us yesterday - is a fucking disgrace. Whoever runs their PR is clearly from the Sarah Sanders/Seumas Milne school of just respond aggressively to anything.

Wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid in particular are putting some pressure on about Man City and PSG - they've been left behind financially and won't like that.

Real Madrid, whose main sponsor is Emirates?

The fans are the only parties that truly can be pit against each other. The players will know each other, as will the managers, and more connected than that will be the owners. The rest of the big clubs, including ours, have little wiggle room to push against City if the owners intend to maintain the rest of their connections to that region. And i say region, because when you talk about the UAE, the way the power structure is now, UAE and the Saudis are inextricably linked, and the rest in the region, notably Egypt, Bahrain, except for Qatar fall in line to the control of these two. So any party that wishes to go against City, even if that party is in the right,  aren't just up against one well funded country, they're putting on the line their future prospects in most of the region.

Be great if the chain of events leads them to lose some league titles, but hard to see anything other than a minor slap on the wrist at best, to be honest. Maybe for once there's something new, we'll see.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28511 on: May 16, 2019, 11:01:25 am »
Manchester City, the Abu Dhabi PR project. Well done.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28512 on: May 16, 2019, 11:01:37 am »
Seen loads trying to link LFC to it. Be it through the New York Times who FSG USED TO have shares in. To former LFC CEO Rick Parry being on the panel and trying to screw them over.

They're displaying a proper victimhood mentality.
Yep, definitely LFC`s doing this -

https://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

https://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-and-the-fight-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347.html

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28513 on: May 16, 2019, 11:01:59 am »
Exactly the sort of response that would expect from them.

Their owners are used to being able to do what they want and buy what they want and nobody can stop them in their minds.

UEFA are in their eyes a total non entity to just be walked over or bought like any other obstacles put in their way.
Can't overstate this.

Their owners will be genuinely bemused that anyone would even think that they can be told what to do.

They literally are kings, with unfettered power, not European style titular Royalty with no real power.

I'm not sure that Western mindsets are able to encompass what that actually means.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28514 on: May 16, 2019, 11:02:36 am »
Manchester City say they are "disappointed, but regrettably not surprised" after being referred to Uefa's financial control body adjudicatory chamber.

BBC Sport reported this week that Uefa investigators want City to be banned from the Champions League for a season if they are found guilty of breaking Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

Chief investigator Yves Leterme has made his recommendation but it is not known if he supports a ban.

City said "the accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false".

Former Belgian prime minister Leterme, chairman of the investigatory panel of Uefa's independent financial control board (CFCB IC), his team looked at evidence first uncovered in a series of leaks published by German newspaper Der Spiegel last year.

The reports alleged that City broke FFP regulations by inflating the value of a multimillion-pound sponsorship deal. City were fined £49m in 2014 for a previous breach of regulations.

It understood Leterme's fellow board members firmly expressed the view at a recent meeting that a season-long ban would be a suitable punishment if City are found guilty.

Uefa said Leterme, "after having consulted with the other members of the independent investigatory chamber", decided "to refer Manchester City FC to the CFCB adjudicatory chamber following the conclusion of his investigation".

European football's governing body said it "will not be making any further comment on the matter until a decision is announced by the CFCB adjudicatory chamber".

City, who won the Premier League for a second year in succession last Sunday, have denied any wrongdoing.

"The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr Leterme," read a City statement.

"Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body.

"The CFCB IC referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City FC to the chamber.

"The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process."

It is unlikely any punishment for City will apply to next season's Champions League because they could appeal, and even take their case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

City could also soon face a transfer ban, with the Football Association, Premier League and Fifa investigating the club over the signing of youth players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48292248

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28515 on: May 16, 2019, 11:07:05 am »
Holy fucking what what?

In an alleged email from May 15th 2014, a day before signing the agreement, former Belgian Prime Minister Jean-Luc Dehaene, who had chaired the investigation chamber until his illness in early 2014, died. Cliff is alleged to have written: “One has fallen, there are six left.”

http://bit.ly/LeaksManCity

Totally missed this.

Somebody explain this project to me?! If you're in this for positive PR then why don't you, you know, play within the rules and not behave like aggressive lawyered-up megarich cuntbags when you're found out?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:08:52 am by Mighty Zeus »
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #28516 on: May 16, 2019, 11:13:37 am »
City’s statement is all posturing. They’re hoping for a settlement.

That would suit them down to the ground - just have to hope UEFA set a precedence now.
JFT97

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #28517 on: May 16, 2019, 11:15:05 am »
It was missed among the aftermath of the PL title race and the news about them and UEFA but Simon Hughes tweeted that the other day. Check the tweet and his first reply. Piss off Premier League.

https://twitter.com/Simon_Hughes__/status/1128000970301034496
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28518 on: May 16, 2019, 11:17:52 am »
Man City are the Premier leagues new crown jewel. Having taken that crown from Man Utd. And because of this, they'll be very reluctant to do anything about it.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28519 on: May 16, 2019, 11:18:02 am »

Somebody explain this project to me?! If you're in this for positive PR then why don't you, you know, play within the rules and not behave like aggressive lawyered-up megarich cuntbags when you're found out?

The know money makes you win on the field in the courts.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.