Author Topic: Thread for family and friends who couldn't complete the journey with us...  (Read 1126 times)

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
But are enjoying it with us..somewhere ...and always in our hearts..

One of our gang of match going mates...Charlie Adams...went to home and aways for years..Road Ender...passed away 5 years ago.. ..toast to you last night mate.

And of course The 96.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Our kid will be partying were ever he is. The fuckin loon. Since he passed away in May 2017 we've been to two European Cup Final winning one . Won the Super Cup and are World Champions and now League Champions. Funnily enough the pubs open on his 50th birthday which is nice .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well said. This should be stickied, no?

It's only football but there's alot of comfort you can take from this club, these boards and the people. Hopefully, anyone who is struggling can find some peace or relief.

I can't see my friends or family for a boozeup in the bar but I believe the people who have passed and I miss the most are close by.

YNWA

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ciaran, thinking of you mate. We'll have a toast at your stone once we are back at Anfield, we fucking did it pal!!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My grandad went last year, he would have loved last night. My girlfriends uncle who was a troubled man due to witnessing the horrors of Hillsborough amongst other issues and was found dead at his home last week. Last time I spoke to him was on Christmas Day and we both agreed we are deffo winning it this season.

God bless them both.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:36:15 pm by AndyMuller »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lost my Ma in 2007 to cancer, only 61. Grew up in Everton, but didn't go the game, but she'd seen the lot though. As a kid, she made sure we both had the money to go every home game even though she was divorced from my Dad, I took her to the European Cup quarters at Anfield in 1985 and as I fucked up going to Istanbul I ended up watching at hers, I'd never swap that now.

She'll be smoking a Lambert and Butler, knocking back whisky and falling in love with Jurgen ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
My 85 yr old dad passed away a couple of weeks ago after a 30 yr fight against wicked skin cancer, like to think that somehow he's enjoying this.

God bless all those Reds that are no longer with us

YNWA

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Word for Michael Robinson aswell.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Many reds who went to the games with my grandad and have passed on, this is one for them also. My grandad raised a glass to his mates today.  :)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Last night was for you Dad - I'll never forget when you took me to my first game back in 1974.  Cheers Dad.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline AbleAl

• Boys Pen
Among the tears shed last night were plenty for my Dad, who took me to my first ever game, and in Broadgreen on the morning of the day he passed greeted me with the words 'Hullo Son. Who are we playing Saturday?'

Miss you Dad.

Great thread.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
Bill Swift, my dad's mate. Gave me a lift regularly to the match and back from my home in Shropshire back in the 80s. Proper old school red who stopped going after Heysel. Before then I loved hearing his stories about Shankly and growing up in the city during the car journeys. He taught me what it means to support Liverpool and would have loved Klopp and this team.

Offline gwto

• Main Stander
  • "Game Well and Truly Over, and I hate saying that"
Word for Michael Robinson aswell.

And Brian Hall, and Tommy Smith.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
In late October 2017 my partner's Dad died in Southport hospital. A lifelong Red with a family of lifelong Reds. We sat around his bed for 10 hours as he slowly faded away. A week later my own Dad was taken to Fazakerley hospital, diagnosed with cancer and given two days to live. He was also a lifelong Red, and the first game I recall going to with him was the UEFA Cup Final against Borussia Mönchengladbach. Dad fought on for another six days but finally let go with the family around his bed. We sat with him for 14 hours as he faded before us.

I had one Dad, but both of these men were fathers to me. I wish both could have seen this and also the European Cup win last season. They would have loved seeing Klopp's work bearing this much richly deserved and beautifully cultivated fruit. As it happens, we'll just have to celebrate for them while we remember them.

I miss them both. RIP Dads. My partner and I will be raising a glass to you both tomorrow night as we celebrate being Champions of England, Europe and the World.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:57:13 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Strangely enough I've been thinking of my Dad, a lifelong Arsenal fan who passed in 2016. He got really caught up in their run to the Champions League final in 2006 and I rememberer watching all the games alongside him as a teen, really hoping for his sake they could fill that noticeable gap in their honours list. The same happened in reverse in 2014 when he was as devastated as I was after the Chelsea defeat.

This league title means I've seen us win the lot. Even as a renowned pessimist, I'll find it hard to ever complain now.