Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3559851 times)

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #25720 on: April 23, 2024, 02:12:18 pm »
It'll be fine when you see the players wear the finished product a few times.

that's it.

who gives a fuck what the kit looks like (maybe ages 12 and under  ;D). we should worry about how we play in it.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25721 on: April 23, 2024, 02:19:41 pm »
New balance made amazing kits imo.

Otherwise, just take the payday that makes the best commercial sense. Even Gola is becoming cool 😁
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #25722 on: April 23, 2024, 02:20:04 pm »
The new kit would look ok if it wasnt for all the yellow shite

Adidas, I am not that blown over by the news, people forget they brought us some shite kits too

The last season we had them that white away with blue wasnt a very Liverpool jersey and was a very lazy design. The home kit wasnt great either, it was awful to wear too, very heavy
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #25723 on: April 23, 2024, 02:38:41 pm »
I don't come into this thread anymore, but it never fails to amuse me like ...

Whatever we come up with some will love and some will hate. Can see where Nike are going with the new one, looks very retro (that badge background is horrendous though).

But Adidas also had some great ones and some terrible ones. Careful what you wish for, look at Man U's away kit.  ???
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #25724 on: April 23, 2024, 02:44:51 pm »
The united away white kit is not a bad design by any stretch

the green and white one is an eyesore though

And in recent years there were other bad ones, that white and black one, made the players look like zebras (rather than donkeys)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25725 on: April 23, 2024, 02:48:01 pm »
Well we will be getting more.

Nike don’t have a single top club now. Chelsea is their biggest name.. quite a loss

Surely you mean in the Premier League, because Nike sells loads of merch with Barcelona and PSG.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25726 on: April 23, 2024, 03:04:22 pm »
Yeah, Barca are the biggest earners, followed by their Spanish compatriots. Barca were threatening to leave Nike; I don't know if it matured into anything, or if they're staying put.

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25727 on: April 23, 2024, 03:14:37 pm »
Surely you mean in the Premier League, because Nike sells loads of merch with Barcelona and PSG.
Yes. Genuinely surprising how low their coverage will be in the PL after this
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #25728 on: April 23, 2024, 03:21:10 pm »
Any news on Adidas? Would love them back.

I’ve waited sooooo long for this. I was so disappointed when we went to Nike, and hoped it was a one time thing.

Glad it was  ;D

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25729 on: April 23, 2024, 03:34:47 pm »

Looks even worse on the players

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25730 on: April 23, 2024, 03:39:21 pm »
I am happy we're going back to Adidas.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #25731 on: April 23, 2024, 03:43:44 pm »
Trent doing the press, hopefully that means a new contract is close to agreement......
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25732 on: April 23, 2024, 03:51:24 pm »
We're back to Adidas for 25-26 season.

Is this source reliable? they cut our yearly revenue from nike by half as its closer to £100m per year.  we earn far more than £50m mate  ::)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #25733 on: April 23, 2024, 04:51:18 pm »
Is this source reliable? they cut our yearly revenue from nike by half as its closer to £100m per year.  we earn far more than £50m mate  ::)
I assume it means £50m plus the cut in royalties. Have to say I'm surprised that we'll be leaving Nike so soon considering we generally make long term partnerships (we were with NB for 8 years) but maybe they don't have thr money after splashing out on Germany.

In terms of the kits themselves, generally the Nike kits have looked awful when released but looked decent once the players are in them.

In terms of Adidas, Utds have been terrible but Arsenals have been good. The problem is that Adidas has one fantastic look but then they struggle to follow it up and end up messing it up. (think the great 06-08 & 08-10 kits then the piss poor 10-12 kit)

Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25734 on: April 23, 2024, 05:04:34 pm »
That is early Warrior levels of toxic designer ego-trip jizzed onto a piece of fabric.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #25735 on: April 23, 2024, 05:12:21 pm »
I still think Umbro do the best kits. I'd love to see us wearing their stuff again, but sadly they're such a small player, they can't afford us these days.

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25736 on: April 23, 2024, 05:12:48 pm »
I assume it means £50m plus the cut in royalties. Have to say I'm surprised that we'll be leaving Nike so soon considering we generally make long term partnerships (we were with NB for 8 years) but maybe they don't have thr money after splashing out on Germany.

Nike only pays Liverpool a base fee of £30m ($37m /€34.8m) per season, a relatively low sum for a top-tier kit deal, albeit Liverpool was thought to be attracted by the US sportswear giant’s marketing and distribution clout. In addition, royalty payments on net sales of replica sportswear are thought to push that annual figure beyond £50m per year.

Says base fee plus royalties takes it to £50m. we would have taken new balance £80m offer if that was the case

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25737 on: April 23, 2024, 05:15:09 pm »
For us to be going back to Adidas means they offered us a sweetner that we liked.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #25738 on: April 23, 2024, 05:21:50 pm »
I really don`t understand this love for Adidas. Why would anyone want three stripes on a Liverpool shirt? Our worst kits through have been Adidas kits in my opinion. Loaded with Adidas references. Personally I think a Liverpool kit should look like a 60s/70s kit as much as possible. Red with white collars, like this year`s kit. No chance we will get that with Adidas.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 05:24:01 pm by Raaphael »

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #25739 on: April 23, 2024, 05:42:40 pm »
I still think Umbro do the best kits. I'd love to see us wearing their stuff again, but sadly they're such a small player, they can't afford us these days.

https://castore.com/blogs/press/castore-agrees-umbro-pro-team-sports-licence
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #25740 on: April 23, 2024, 05:47:53 pm »
Says base fee plus royalties takes it to £50m. we would have taken new balance £80m offer if that was the case
Think the report is nonsense, most articles estimated that we were making at least £80m a season from Nike (so £30m baisc plus around £50m in revenue sharing). The way it was contructed it would mean that Nike are also making tons out of it.

Doubt we would take less money now, the kits are flying out the door. Forget the LFC store for a second, just look at the mini stall outside the Main stand, selling shirts as if they were £10 scarves.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #25741 on: April 23, 2024, 05:54:54 pm »
Think the report is nonsense, most articles estimated that we were making at least £80m a season from Nike (so £30m baisc plus around £50m in revenue sharing). The way it was contructed it would mean that Nike are also making tons out of it.

Doubt we would take less money now, the kits are flying out the door. Forget the LFC store for a second, just look at the mini stall outside the Main stand, selling shirts as if they were £10 scarves.

The timings right though if its true isn't next season the last season of the nike deal ?
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #25742 on: April 23, 2024, 06:28:25 pm »
Nike didn’t deliver Kylian Mbappé so we’re back to where it feels right @ ADIDAS

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #25743 on: April 23, 2024, 06:30:00 pm »

Looks even worse on the players

That is fucking horrendous.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25744 on: April 23, 2024, 06:30:46 pm »

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #25745 on: April 23, 2024, 06:56:30 pm »
Especially with the FIFA World Club Club gold patch in the centre.

It's only eclipsed by Ali's one-off grey alloy kit from the Barcelona home. NB missed a trick not releasing that. Original sold at charity auction for over £2k.

https://www.charitystars.com/product/alisson-becker-s-liverpool-2019-match-shirt-vs-barcelona

that is SO NICE.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #25746 on: April 23, 2024, 06:58:50 pm »

There's a PSG dedicated store on Oxford Street, you know, the one in London that's now 90% American Candy Stores selling 'not for resale' multipack Feasts for £3 to clueless tourists. There must be enough profit in it to open a store in an expensive street in a different city, especially with a massive JD Sports right over the road.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #25747 on: April 23, 2024, 06:59:42 pm »
Great news if true we’re switching back to Adidas. Feels more European whereas Nike is American.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #25748 on: April 23, 2024, 07:00:01 pm »
Trent doing the press, hopefully that means a new contract is close to agreement......

That looks like a mock-up to me - look at how the sponsor logo sits over his belly, as though he has a little paunch.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #25749 on: April 23, 2024, 07:06:04 pm »
Nike are awful. They try far too hard to be arty farty.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #25750 on: April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 pm »
I hope the suits demanded "It's the trefoil badge or nothing."  ;D

Edit: it is actually on Utd's 3rd kit next season, allegedly.  :o

Edit 2: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/09/what-if-adidas-supplied-liverpool-again.html

I like the home kit Dom is wearing.

fc
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 07:15:52 pm by flyingcod »
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25751 on: April 23, 2024, 07:17:34 pm »
Adidas and Utd deal runs through to 2035 (unless Jimbo terminates early). It will be weird seeing the two teams both wear Adidas concurrently.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25752 on: April 23, 2024, 07:22:28 pm »
Slightly conflicted as someone who was quite keen to get Nike in. I think most of their output has been fine to quite good. 21/22 away might be my favourite away shirt ever. I like this year's home too. But there's enough "just fine" ones that mean you couldn't really deny Adidas coming in and having a crack themselves.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #25753 on: April 23, 2024, 07:55:41 pm »
Adidas and Utd deal runs through to 2035 (unless Jimbo terminates early). It will be weird seeing the two teams both wear Adidas concurrently.
We won quite a bit the last time both wore Adidas so it I guess it could be a good thing.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25754 on: April 23, 2024, 08:35:02 pm »

Like between 85 & 92 when adidas made both ours & United kits.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 08:38:13 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #25755 on: April 23, 2024, 08:47:33 pm »
Nike are way cleaner/better design wise than Adidas and also way better quality.

Can I ask, why do you want to have three stripes on a Liverpool kit?

It`s like with the current Italy adidas kit. Doesn`t look like a traditional Italy kit whatsoever. Adidas makes Adidas kits, not team kits. Way too much about the brand.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25756 on: April 23, 2024, 09:06:13 pm »
Like between 85 & 92 when adidas made both ours & United kits.

Is that meant to be a rebuttal to my post, or just pointing out the last time it happened?

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25757 on: April 23, 2024, 09:06:55 pm »
Apparently the shit shield has been removed last minute. Not sure how feasible that is with production etc…

From here: https://x.com/esvaphane/status/1782848030959428004?s=46

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #25758 on: April 23, 2024, 09:12:58 pm »
Apparently the shit shield has been removed last minute. Not sure how feasible that is with production etc…

From here: https://x.com/esvaphane/status/1782848030959428004?s=46

It's still needlessly busy and with a shit collar but if they've fixed that monstrosity of a badge then all is forgiven. Take what you can get. I'm sceptical though, as you say it's very late in the day for such a change.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25759 on: April 23, 2024, 09:20:27 pm »
It's still needlessly busy and with a shit collar but if they've fixed that monstrosity of a badge then all is forgiven. Take what you can get. I'm sceptical though, as you say it's very late in the day for such a change.
More likely that pic without it is from the stadium/fan replica shirt and the embossed YNWA badge is for the player/pro version.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg