Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Aston Villa v Liverpool, Villa Park Mon 13 May 20:00  (Read 3433 times)

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
In his presser today, Jürgen says there was a bust-up in the changies at half-time in that game. :D

Nice OP Duvva.  :thumbup
:D

Does he say who between?

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing

Does he say who between?

No... he was asked... but refused to name names. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He's such a clickteaser.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Does he say who between?

It was Robertson and Mane I think.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Not these two again?  ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Feels like this will be a draw or a defeat. Villa with their last home game and a chance to secure top four will be intense. However if Spurs drop points to Burnley then it could be an equaliser in terms of that intensity shown.

Same 11 please Jurgen.

Feels like a draw, defeat or win to me.

Just something in me waters, and not that infection from last month.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
Still remember the Mane late winner here in November 2019. Flicked header from a corner in the 94th minute.

I went absolutely apeshit. That was the moment I really believed we were gonna win number 19.

God I love that goal.

I remember Man City had a late winner on the same day but before this happened, they had just won but this really killed them

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I remember Man City had a late winner on the same day but before this happened, they had just won but this really killed them

And then Guardiola in his post match interview started talking about Mane diving for some reason. And then we pumped them at Anfield the weekend after.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Good job Duvva 👍

We have had many wins at Villa Park punctuated by the odd heavy defeat. Not many draws.
That 7-2 was a nightmare and the 5-1 defeat way back was in the same season we won big ears for the first time. Then there was a 5-0 when we sent an Academy team due to our appearance in the WCC.

We used the week off to prepare well for Spurs so I expect us to be up for this and get the three points. I was pleased to see us defending with more determination when Spurs came at us early on. No more early goals against please 🙏
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
And then Guardiola in his post match interview started talking about Mane diving for some reason. And then we pumped them at Anfield the weekend after.

Was that in the time of ‘Salah’s got a new hat’?

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Massive massive pressure on Villa. Complete free hit for us.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
ESPN FC have an interesting article on 'worst misses of the season' based on xG.

They picked out only the top 5, but I kind of half expected Darwin to be featured at least once or twice, particularly given the narrative around his misses this season and the way he has been savaged by many, including our own fans. 

Doesn't feature once.

To keep this on topic, Aston Villa's very own striker Olly Watkins - who it must be remembered had his own struggles in his early years in the Premier League - does feature.  Watkins has 19 goals for the season and at 28 is at the peak of his career, but anyone who has followed him will know that long seemed a distant prospect.  His first 2 seasons in the league produced 15 and 11 goals respectively, but much like our own Darwin, he was guilty of some bad misses.  Clearly that hasn't changed, but what has changed is his maturity - that's the benefit of age and experience - and you can see it in the moments when Aston Villa need his mind to be at its calmest.  1 more goal and Watkins will be classed as a 20 goals in a season striker, with at least 2 - 3 seasons of his best ahead of him. 

The moral of the story is we all have different life trajectories and sometimes it takes some a little longer to figure it all out.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:44:36 am by latortuga »