Author Topic: Sam Hamman's eyebrow dye & Pitch Invasions  (Read 2190 times)

Offline nokando

• Main Stander
  • You know you're fond of a little bit of Doris Day
    • mAc Guiding
Sam Hamman's eyebrow dye & Pitch Invasions
« on: January 7, 2002, 12:00:50 am »
So - nice one Cardiff, but shame about your fans?

What's going on? There was defo trouble on the cards for this fixture, but you would have thought it would have confined itself to Smith going off again.

Then you hear that there was plenty of banter and threats going between the fans pre match.

Coins, bottles of piss, pitch invasions, kicking police dogs... I was having eighties flashbacks.

I was listening to the five live commentary on the game, and it sounded like a war zone, with excellent accounts of the events by the reporter. At the same time though, I was watching the coverage on Sky, only to see a complete whitewash of the whole thing - cameras focusing on jubilant fans, exuberantly but harmlessly running onto the pitch, whilst the studio team laughed at the jolly japes. No surprises there then, as it was Sky who insisted that the game was played on 4pm on a sunday against police advice.

Then there was Sam The Man cheering them on surreally, and gettting drenched by bubbly and having his face stuffed with sarnies, providing some more surreal comic relief when his eyebrow dye ran.

To follow that was the scenes of Mancs invading the pitch at Villa - when was the last time that happened?

So is this the start of a new decline into the shite old days of pitch invasions and crowd violence or a one-off? What action should be taken against Cardiff? Or is it all harmless coin tossing fun?

Looked shite to me.
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »
All round the Fields of Aigburth Vale...

Offline nokando

• Main Stander
  • You know you're fond of a little bit of Doris Day
    • mAc Guiding
Re: Sam Hamman's eyebrow dye & Pitch Invasions
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2002, 12:09:07 am »
??? moved why? It's a relevant football issue isn't it?
All round the Fields of Aigburth Vale...

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2002, 12:13:27 am »
It's a pity that Sam Hamman's stature and wisdom does not equal the size of his ego and bank account.

NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2002, 12:37:13 am »
It's a pity that Sam Hamman's stature and wisdom does not equal the size of his ego and bank account.

Or his eye brows.
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #4 on: January 7, 2002, 12:43:37 am »
;D ;D ;D

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #5 on: January 7, 2002, 01:09:41 am »
I was laughing my head off at his dye running.   ;) ;) ;)
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline cliffeway

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 7, 2002, 01:09:41 am »
I don't want to start an anti-Welsh rant - I have some good Welsh friends - but there is a definite enti-English thing with Welsh football crowds these days. Really quite unpleasant to be honest. I was at the Blackpool v Newport County FA Cup tie and there was trouble there - admittedly minor but caused by Welsh fans getting in to the Blackpool enclosures..
Sadly it seems to be getting worse.. I really hope Cardiff don't become big under Sam Hamman or we will see a lot more of this sort of nationalist bollox. Brings out the worst in the English fans too, sadly..

Offline GavBelfast

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: January 7, 2002, 01:36:28 am »

Hey, that was my line!!!

Nice to see that at least one RAWK poster heard my e-mail (aprt of it) being read out on 6-0-6!  Unfortunately, they censored/edited the rest of it about O'Leary.

Offline GavBelfast

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8 on: January 7, 2002, 01:36:53 am »

Hey, that was my line!!!

Nice to see that at least one RAWK poster heard my e-mail (part of it) being read out on 6-0-6!  Unfortunately, they censored/edited the rest of it about O'Leary.

Offline Jon G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #9 on: January 7, 2002, 01:47:12 am »
It was so good I had to use it again  ;D

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 7, 2002, 02:13:28 am »
Aaargh picture the scene next year (if they get promoted) Nationwide Div 1 Milwall vs Cardiff :puke:

god help us if they ever get into the premiership...
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 7, 2002, 02:15:30 am »
Shit - just realised cardiff are at tranmere for next round. I live right by their ground. Ah the bliss of my broken window by some taff with a sheep under one arm and a chip on his shoulder  :no: :no: :no:
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #12 on: January 7, 2002, 02:41:46 am »
thank god manc city and millwall used a bit of common sense and banned each others fans.....smashed up curry houses in manchester isn't fun!

why do the lower division people act like such morons? brummies, cardiff, and millwall to name a few!
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 7, 2002, 11:30:37 am »
That wasn't Sam Hammam- it was that baddie guy off thunderbirds. The Hood I think his name is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds//520_hood.shtml

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 7, 2002, 01:34:02 pm »
....But seriously though who the fuck does Sam Hammam think he is. Winding up the travelling Leeds fans with a doctored version of their club song and blasting out sheep noises over the tannoy.

And I didn't know it was allowed for the club owner to do a lap of honour before the game had finished and then hang around behind the goal surrounded by a mob of stewards as a goal is scored. He needs the book thrown at him.

And what about saying that the Cardiff fans were 'entitled' to come on the pitch to celebrate. The blokes a complete moron. Lets see what the FA make of it all.

:upyours:

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 7, 2002, 04:24:25 pm »
Some of the Cardiff's fans reactions were disgraceful - how can they defend the pictures of 1,000 fans going 'come on then' to the Leeds fans? It's shocking - banning fans is not enough, the club should be kicked out of the cup. Leeds players and the officials were pelted with missiles - hardly making the match fair, eh? If I was the ref I'd probably have sent the entire Leeds team off, so intimidating must it have been for him.

We were banned for six years in Europe for less, when running at Juve fans caused a wall to collapse, and led to the unbelievably unfortunate and regrettable loss of 39 lives. But it was never as all-out intimidating and aggressive as this.

Had the Leeds fans retaliated and gone onto the pitch, lives could have been lost intentionally. Far from controlling their own fans, the Cardiff bosses merely hyped them up to the violence.

I am thoroughly disgusted by this, and there is no place for it in football. Had Sam Hamman not been partly to blame, you could sympathise with the club, but what the fuck was he doing? A tense situation, and all he did was pour petrol on it and light a match.

The annoying thing is that Cardiff pulled off a fantastic result, but the knumbskull wankers have managed to deflect all deserved praise for the team. And lads - learn to win in style, eh? Winning well is as important as losing well.

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 7, 2002, 04:40:24 pm »
Sam Hammam says that he 'traditionally' always goes behind the goal late on in matches. Is this right? If so then letting him get away with it just encourages him.

But there have been different rules for the lower leagues for years.

I live in Hereford and they always invade the pitch when winning an FA Cup tie. Against Wrexham on SKY last month I recall. No sanctions there. It seems an invasion at a lower league ground is OK if theres no violence.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #17 on: January 7, 2002, 04:47:27 pm »
In my opinion Cardiff have more than the pitch invasion and incitement to riot, to a certain extent, to answer for.

Did any one else notice that they had 4, or 5, foot fences(well fence type things) at the front of their terracing?? Granted they need summat to stop the fans from spilling onto the pitch but weren't fences banned in the Taylor report??
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 7, 2002, 07:19:41 pm »
It's the same with the Mancs - they surrounded Beckham, hugging him, but it only takes one opposition fan who's deranged to approach with a knife and stab him. By doing what they did, they allowed ANYBODY in the ground to get near to star players without security guards being able to protect them. Highly unlikely anything would happen, but all the same...

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #19 on: January 7, 2002, 07:32:02 pm »
Watch the FA manage the news agenda, and remove this and the Villa game from the media spotlight.
I listened to the end of the Cardiff game on 5live, and could not believe what I was hearing.I was expecting a "football must clean up its act" reaction, but by the time we got to the 10 o`clock new on BBC1 last night, it was only a story in the sports news section, and was described as over enthusuiasm, not hooliganism.

Michael

Offline Denzil

• Anny Roader
  • The king has returned!
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2002, 09:11:49 pm »
Cardiff is full of TWATS I did'nt expect any thing less.

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #21 on: January 8, 2002, 01:10:12 am »
Did any one else notice that they had 4, or 5, foot fences(well fence type things) at the front of their terracing?? Granted they need summat to stop the fans from spilling onto the pitch but weren't fences banned in the Taylor report??

apparently some leeds fans were being passed over them at soem point....not good eh?

sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 8, 2002, 11:47:39 pm »
It's the same with the Mancs - they surrounded Beckham, hugging him, but it only takes one opposition fan who's deranged to approach with a knife and stab him. By doing what they did, they allowed ANYBODY in the ground to get near to star players without security guards being able to protect them. Highly unlikely anything would happen, but all the same...

Don't forget Mr. Ferguson ran onto the pitch jumping up and down.  HE is not allowed out of his desigated area and should be fined, he is not allowed on the pitch at any time?

Going back to the Cardiff game, I knew something would happen just like most of you, Why didn't the local police or Football authorities put tighter controls on the game, answer = £££££££££.

What happened to the Yobbo survelience unit?

Why was there NO, no mans land between the fans.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #23 on: January 9, 2002, 11:47:39 am »
mottman the police don't have to patrol a football match if they don't want to because the resources don't actually come from the forces budget.  Each football club has the right to "employ" the police to patrol the matches that take place.  Bradford City had an arguement with West Yorkshire police but they were told bluntly that it is Bradford not the force or the FA who must organise the policing of their matches.  So ultimately the buck falls with Cardiff if there weren't enough police present as they are the ones who pay the Cardiff police for the use of their officers.  If there were enough officers then the buck stops with them as they are not doing the job they are employed to do.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Mottman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 9, 2002, 12:00:22 pm »
Obviously, Cardiff City knew what would happen, I did.

Cardiff as a football Club need to take a very close look at themselves to ensure this doesn't happen next time. The stewards actually opened the gates on the side of the ground to let "fans" onto the pitch.

Shame the Liverpool Police couldn't take control of that match, they are ruthless in cases like this.