Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager (ours to keep - or at least till 2018)  (Read 958642 times)

Offline Tom18

• Kopite
Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager
« Reply #4320 on: April 21, 2014, 11:03:43 am »
Do you think there are plenty of players-who-have-potential-to-be-world-class who might be keen in a move to Liverpool because they know BR is going to be the manager of Liverpool for a long time?

Definitely mate, people must surely notice the great work he has done with Henderson, Flanagan, Coutinho, Sterling etc. and by heavily tempted by that. A lot of players will want to come to us now, they get Champions League football, get to play with Luis Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge, and will get to grow and develop under the wonderful Brendan Rodgers.

The future is looking bright under Rodgers.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4321 on: April 21, 2014, 11:05:35 am »
Great!   I don't want to mention names that Liverpool should sign until a few weeks has passed AFTER the close of season. 

The window transfer should be interesting to see how Liverpool develop.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4322 on: April 21, 2014, 11:06:50 am »
Definitely mate, people must surely notice the great work he has done with Henderson, Flanagan, Coutinho, Sterling etc. and by heavily tempted by that. A lot of players will want to come to us now, they get Champions League football, get to play with Luis Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge, and will get to grow and develop under the wonderful Brendan Rodgers.

Not only that, but also the rebirth of Gerrard.

Offline cookie-monster

• Anny Roader
  • Attack is the best form of defence
« Reply #4323 on: April 21, 2014, 11:15:44 am »
Assaidi said Brendan Rodgers never gave him a chance ( although adding BR doesn't really  play with wingers).

If Sterling will get picked to the WC that may draw some attention too. specially if he'll do well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:17:21 am by cookie-monster »
irc://irc.centralchat.net:6667/LFC

"Gentlemen, the screwballs have spoken!"  - The Simpsons

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4324 on: April 21, 2014, 11:19:17 am »
Assaidi said Brendan Rodgers never gave him a chance ( although adding BR doesn't really  play with wingers).

"Because if the top players are training 9 or 10 out of 10 every day and you have players who are five or maybe six out of 10 every day, then they are not ready to train with them (the top players) never mind play games with them.

“So you have to get them up to the level — and I am not just talking Victor here — I’m talking any player. If you’re at a club like Liverpool and there are top players you have to be at that level every single day eight or nine out of 10 every day and once you do that you will be able to play with these guys.”

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4325 on: April 21, 2014, 11:21:20 am »
Gerrard changing his role was the turning point and a key moment of the season for me. Our attacking play was not as fluid before that and it all started against Tottenham at White Hart Lane when Gerrard was out injured. Our high pressure, energetic, new relentless attacking style started that day for me. Of course then Gerrard came back, replaced Lucas at DM and started playing two roles at a time- destroyer and deep lying playmaker and rest as they say is history.

It slipped into place piece by piece. Gerrard's role, Sterling's role (he made himself undroppable in that month Sturridge was out), Henderson's role, Skrtel's role. This is before we even mention the top goal scorers in the league.

It comes down to Rodgers and his brilliance. But not only his talent for the job necessarily, but knowing that he won't always be right in a particular point in time. He's someone who gives the opportunity for things to still fall into place even if he isn't right at a particular juncture. Henderson and Skrtel are the obvious examples after they were probably half way out the door. And for me, the key has been the evolution of the team around key injuries. Sturridge got injured and Sterling came in. Lucas got injured and Gerrard in that sole holding CM role took the team to another level. Agger got injured at the start of the season and Skrtel's been an ever present. He truly is a teacher - and the evolution of the team this season, the fact it's been so quick, comes down to the environment he's created. An environment of healthy competition, focus and dedication to improvements. And he's given them the carrot. If they come in through injuries or suspensions and play well enough, they won't get dropped as soon as the injured player is back. I was one of those who wondered if it was a good thing earlier in the season. I think the team's showing us how it's a great thing. We may have had a thin squad on paper, but we have a bunch of players ready to step in and be counted when we need them. Yesterday, we needed Lucas and Allen to come in for Sturridge and Henderson, to keep us on track for the title. They slotted in, did their jobs and the team moves on together.

A short but superbly poignant post Baz mate.

It's been the most incredible season I've witnessed as a Liverpool fan. Istanbul was special, and when we were on the verge of the title back in 09 it was special (I even wrote about one of the games from that period in the Advent Calendar thing!) but this has surpassed it. Funnily enough, I think it was a week after I wrote that Advent Calendar piece about the Arsenal 4-4 at Anfield, I was at Spurs away. And looking back on it, that was when the ball really started rolling for us this season. It was a total annihilation and exhilarating outburst of football from the Red men. And most of all, it wasn't a one off.

3 wins away from witnessing something I've only day dreamed about (although those day dreams would also have me scoring in them, I'd take this!)

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4326 on: April 21, 2014, 11:22:12 am »
Do you think there are plenty of players-who-have-potential-to-be-world-class who might be keen in a move to Liverpool because they know BR is going to be the manager of Liverpool for a long time?

Sorry to dash your hopes but I hear they're all calling up Moyes, desperate to join Man Utd. ;)

After all, who could turn down the chance to be a winner without winning?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4327 on: April 21, 2014, 11:26:02 am »

Josh McEachran on what he learnt from Brendan Rodgers when on loan at Swansea: "Nothing." His opinion on the man himself: "Ill pass on that"

This was one of the criticisms that people were throwing at Rodgers a lot last season as evidence that he doesn't improve players. The fact McEachran didn't get into the Swansea team and didn't learn anything during his time there says a lot more about him than Rodgers.

McEachran is currently on loan at Wigan.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4328 on: April 21, 2014, 11:27:21 am »

I think people are going to be quietly surprised (in a good way)  by the level of player we bring in this summer. I think we'll see three out (Aspas, Lucas and Agger) and three  in with Borini back from Sunderland also.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4329 on: April 21, 2014, 11:32:10 am »
We had a shit midfield and some people were looking enviously at Evertons and Spurs' midfield earlier in the season. Doh.

Now there isn't a player in Everton and Spurs' squad that gets into our midfield.

To be fair, this season's crept up on us. I did think we'd get top 4 at the start of the season, and that was one of the more optimistic predictions around these parts. Throughout the season, people have been talking about players not being good enough, the way we play needing tweaking, the money being spent not being enough/in the right areas... and at the time, they probably had some valid points. But it's a celebration of the pragmatism of our manager that he's got the team 5 points clear at the top of the league (!) despite all that. He couldn't buy his Costas, Willians, Konyplankas, but hey, he's turned Sterling into a £30m player in the meantime. We needed more creativity out of midfield? Coutinho moves deeper into attacking midfield, and Gerrard with his obscene (and it is fucking obscene sometimes) ability to spray out passes from deep are given centre stage.

A lot's changed since last summer. It's been amazing.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4330 on: April 21, 2014, 11:36:00 am »
LEGEND IN THE MAKING

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4331 on: April 21, 2014, 11:37:56 am »
I'm getting a bit of a ribbing from some Manc friends about Liverpool supporters wanting Rodgers out at the end of last season. I didn't get that impression, even from some of the whingers on here. Are they just spouting shite, or have I missed something?

Probably find there's a contingency of Mancs to instigated this as well. Various Twitter accounts popping up here and there, actually run by mancs in order to try and shit stir.

This shit happens a lot.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4332 on: April 21, 2014, 11:40:53 am »
Great!   I don't want to mention names that Liverpool should sign until a few weeks has passed AFTER the close of season. 

The window transfer should be interesting to see how Liverpool develop.
:duh

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4333 on: April 21, 2014, 11:42:44 am »
Dont think a signigicant number wanted him out, and tell  them shitty mancs  that they wanted ferguson out  for ages before he made them win things,  and that is openly wanting him out.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #4334 on: April 21, 2014, 11:54:35 am »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4335 on: April 21, 2014, 12:30:41 pm »
The bar is always the league...

Thought the bar was where one goes after we've won it?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Hash91

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4336 on: April 21, 2014, 12:38:26 pm »
The best thing BR has done this season is he now knows his players inside out. The Captain can play a deeper role with great success(which will be a great asset in Europe). He's got the players playing his way, got them to respond very well to tactical tweaks and formation variations. We have a core, which is so important considering the fact this summer, there will be a curtailed pre-season cause of the World Cup. Like it or not, our players will come back with niggles and knocks. But BR won't fret too much on that, he has the confidence to look forward now and build a formidable squad.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4337 on: April 21, 2014, 12:45:38 pm »
We had a shit midfield and some people were looking enviously at Evertons and Spurs' midfield earlier in the season. Doh.

Now there isn't a player in Everton and Spurs' squad that gets into our midfield.
Apparently we're after Barkley? Maybe Eriksen? But he'd be a benchwarmer. Wouldn't swap who we have now for guys from Everton or Spurs

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4338 on: April 21, 2014, 12:48:43 pm »
To be fair, this season's crept up on us. I did think we'd get top 4 at the start of the season, and that was one of the more optimistic predictions around these parts. Throughout the season, people have been talking about players not being good enough, the way we play needing tweaking, the money being spent not being enough/in the right areas... and at the time, they probably had some valid points. But it's a celebration of the pragmatism of our manager that he's got the team 5 points clear at the top of the league (!) despite all that. He couldn't buy his Costas, Willians, Konyplankas, but hey, he's turned Sterling into a £30m player in the meantime. We needed more creativity out of midfield? Coutinho moves deeper into attacking midfield, and Gerrard with his obscene (and it is fucking obscene sometimes) ability to spray out passes from deep are given centre stage.

A lot's changed since last summer. It's been amazing.
It's really down to Rodgers and how he organises the team. After last season, people are saying there's not much left in Stevie. And this season in that holding role, he's been immense. Same thing with Sterling. I reckon he's worth more! Ditto Skrtel, Hendo, Flanno and even Suarez!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4339 on: April 21, 2014, 01:06:20 pm »
There was a very small minority, but vocal (via the internet of course) fans who wanted him out. @Arlarse, @I'mNotArsed (something like that anyway) and other twitter accounts who have/had a fair few followers seemed to genuinely hate them.

Funny that they're nowhere to be seen now.

There are going to be a lot of pissed off miserable bastards if we win the league and put the planning application in for the redevelopment of Anfield.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #4340 on: April 21, 2014, 01:18:14 pm »
There hasn't been a serious vocal call for Rodgers' head has there? I don't know why I keep hearing there was, think other fans are desperate to cling onto it as some sort of small victory against us as fans.

Offline Dalvipool

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4341 on: April 21, 2014, 01:18:35 pm »
What a man!!

At first I was very apprehensive when he joined. He had just worked wonders with Swansea, but the foundation had already been laid by Martinez. Yes, Swansea did really well, but it could have been a 1 season wonder (bit like Charlie Adam) and I (likemost of us) genuinely thought he was a huge gamble.

But, my word, have I been proved wrong. Excellent in the transfer market. Coutinho and Sturridge are world class steals. He really has an eye for hidden talent. No doubt he has made a couple of failed signings (Aspas, Sahin) but every manager has a few misses. We can see the type of players he wants. Hard working, skillfull, pace, agile. All the attributes to fit the system. Can see Sakho and Ilori to go on to become world class too.

Secondly, his handling of the Suarez saga. Absolutely exceptional we could have easily gone the Tottenham way and sold Luis for a few quids, but he stuck by his idea of forming the team around Luis, and ensured Luis came back hungrier and commited, and boy, has Luis delivered.

His handling of the media-- exceptional. No criticism of referees or fellow managers. No moaning about fixtures. Go out, be honest, discuss tactics, appreciate the players and fans. Spot on. Love his interviews. He really thinks highly of the club and you can see his passion for the club. Always wanting to do things the LFC way. Also, we can see that he walks the talk. After years of seeing different styles adopted by several foreign coaches, we are back playing the beautiful football that the fans have known LFC to play. Pass and move, high pressing, defending from the front. Exceptional free flowing football. Barca look like a W Ham when compared to us.

Lastly, his man management. Cannot believe the change hes bought in Jordan and Raheem. Flanno is seriously the next Cafu!! Who wouldve thought. These young kids have bought into Rodgers vision. He has developed their strengths as per the way he wants the team to play. The pressing that Raheem does, the passing of Flanno is just too exquisite.

What a call by FSG to appoint this man. Can see him go on and make a dynasty out here, that will be spoken for years and years to come. Surely the person to guide us back on the top of that perch and make us dream again!! YNWA

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4342 on: April 21, 2014, 01:26:59 pm »

that is all.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4343 on: April 21, 2014, 01:30:31 pm »

What a call by FSG to appoint this man. Can see him go on and make a dynasty out here, that will be spoken for years and years to come. Surely the person to guide us back on the top of that perch and make us dream again!! YNWA
And Martinez was the second choice. Not bad.

Offline DowningStreet

• Kopite
  • LFC 13/14- The glory road
« Reply #4344 on: April 21, 2014, 01:32:40 pm »
Rodgers has put to shame a lot of managers who use silly analogies to explain why they can't compete for titles.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4345 on: April 21, 2014, 01:38:34 pm »
And Martinez was the second choice. Not bad.

We could've been 10 points clear at the top if only Bobby hadn't turned us down.  :(

:lmao
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4346 on: April 21, 2014, 01:42:02 pm »
It's not primarily Rodgers signings that took us this far - it's how he has completely changed our style of attack and how he has developed players.

Sure, Sturridge and Coutinho has been important for us, but overall it has been more important how he has taken players like Suarez, Henderson and Sterling to a whole new level. One shouldn't forget that Sturridge and Coutinho were far from star players when they arrived either. Rodgers gave them roles where they have flourished.

Consequently, I'm sure players like Eriksen and  Barkley would do well here - why not? As long as they have the skill and the work rate needed.

Signing good players is just one aspect of the manager job, which often gets too much attention. Look at Martinez and Moyes - they have made a huge influence on their teams this year, with small squad changes.

Offline cookie-monster

• Anny Roader
  • Attack is the best form of defence
« Reply #4347 on: April 21, 2014, 01:42:52 pm »

"Because if the top players are training 9 or 10 out of 10 every day and you have players who are five or maybe six out of 10 every day, then they are not ready to train with them (the top players) never mind play games with them.

“So you have to get them up to the level — and I am not just talking Victor here — I’m talking any player. If you’re at a club like Liverpool and there are top players you have to be at that level every single day eight or nine out of 10 every day and once you do that you will be able to play with these guys.”
BR ? Missed that one. great quote. 
irc://irc.centralchat.net:6667/LFC

"Gentlemen, the screwballs have spoken!"  - The Simpsons

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4348 on: April 21, 2014, 11:18:07 pm »
Lovely bit on tonight's Monday night football showing examples of incisive, dynamic, rapid, nimble football, the examples used were,

Barcelona 2010, Dortmund 2013 and us at the weekend!

Shows the monumental attacking progress we have made under Rodgers.

No time for caution.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #4349 on: April 22, 2014, 06:14:24 am »
Love it. I think he's basically perfected the attacking and transitional sides of the game, all it really needs is maybe one more young player to be groomed to replace Stevie's role, and a bit of depth in the fullback positions.

He also needs to figure out what the defensive problem is - something's not right back there, and its not as a result of our being too attack minded and leaving too much space behind us. Carra and Neville made a good point about our centrebacks always being too deep and not pushing up to relieve the pressure when the ball is cleared into midfield - maybe that's part of it, I'm not sure - but I'd love for Brendan to shore us up defensively as part of our next phase of progress.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4350 on: April 22, 2014, 06:20:22 am »
Love it. I think he's basically perfected the attacking and transitional sides of the game, all it really needs is maybe one more young player to be groomed to replace Stevie's role, and a bit of depth in the fullback positions.

He also needs to figure out what the defensive problem is - something's not right back there, and its not as a result of our being too attack minded and leaving too much space behind us. Carra and Neville made a good point about our centrebacks always being too deep and not pushing up to relieve the pressure when the ball is cleared into midfield - maybe that's part of it, I'm not sure - but I'd love for Brendan to shore us up defensively as part of our next phase of progress.

They drop off to create space to possess. It gives our players about 10 extra square yards or more to receive, which is huge in possession terms. Pushing up would mean we're playing on a 50-60 yard long field, instead of an 80-100 yard long one.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4351 on: April 22, 2014, 06:35:03 am »
I feel like something changed when Gerrard and Sturridge missed some time. When Gerrard came back, Rodgers took a risk tactically and it's been masterful, could be the key in our title race and also prolonging the career of our captain.

I feel like we were winning games prior on individual brilliance(Sturridge early on, Suarez in out-of-this-world form) and we had not yet found the right midfield balance, with Gerrard playing deep but Lucas also doing the same. When we demolished Spurs without either of Sturridge or Gerrard it was the best our midfield had looked all season. People were wondering whether Gerrard should even re-enter the starting lineup on merit, and frankly given the way the midfield was playing, it wasn't an unfair question. It was going to be the elephant in the room.

Gerrard's new role has simultaneously increased his impact on the game and allowed Rodgers to maximize the rest of the team's talents. It didn't start out particularly well, I believe it was 5 goals in two games against Stoke and Villa that were the first two performances with the new role, but persevering with it has seen Rodgers' faith rewarded a million times over. It hasn't just worked, it's propelled our title challenge.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #4352 on: April 22, 2014, 07:06:09 am »
There hasn't been a serious vocal call for Rodgers' head has there? I don't know why I keep hearing there was, think other fans are desperate to cling onto it as some sort of small victory against us as fans.

A few mutterings. Some were calling him a 'snake oiled car salesman' last year while there was a contingent of the bellend variety trying to throw our Brendan under the proverbial bus after the Villa draw earlier this year.

Probably the same fuckwits moaning about Sunday imperious victory.

The man has done wonders since he walked through the doors. The first day in charge said it all about the man, IMO. Bringing everyone from the tea ladies, to the groundskeepers in on the team meeting. Class act personified.

royhendo

« Reply #4353 on: April 22, 2014, 07:07:59 am »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4354 on: April 22, 2014, 07:58:29 am »
I like the manual input box where it says 'stick the ball in the net and we'll discuss your options later'
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4355 on: April 22, 2014, 09:15:45 am »
The remarkable thing that Brendan has done in my point of view is that we don't resemble anyone. We have our own style. We are not Barcelona, we are not Dortmund, we are not Juventus, we are not Brazil, we are not Spain and yet........... we are all of them. Sometimes we change our style according to opposition, sometimes we can mix all of these style within 90 minutes and sometimes we can change our style if one of our key player is missing. We can keep possession if we want to, we can go direct if we want to, we can counter if we want to, we can sit back and see off a game if we want to and we can penetrate if teams are sitting back against us.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4356 on: April 22, 2014, 09:59:26 am »

The options in possession explains why we are so ruthless going forward, if the players at always looking for the chance to 'play direct' (not hoofed long balls, obviously, although definitely long passes if there is one on). Whereas you feel Guardiola teams keep possession and don't look for those of the moment opportunities, they try to create them. But sometimes in a game there just IS some space and it is better to just go for it.

Something like that, interesting stuff anyway.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:00:58 am by robgomm »

Offline coolfire

• Kopite
  • Raa-Fa..Rafael... Raa-Fa..Rafael... Raa-Fa..Rafael
« Reply #4357 on: April 22, 2014, 12:52:04 pm »
A little OT on here, but I'm just wondering what Rafa thinks of us now, tactically and technically. ;)
Rafa Benitez, 19112007: "But even if I was approached I would tell whichever club it was that I am really happy with my club, my squad, my supporters and my city."

Moses said,"Come forth", but we came fifth...And won the Champions League!

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4358 on: April 22, 2014, 01:00:13 pm »
BR ? Missed that one. great quote.

Yeah. He also said in being Liverpool that he doesn't like players knocking on his door and asking why they haven't been given a chance, he said his answer is always the same - you're given a chance every single day in training. He doesn't just want effort on match day, he wants complete commitment  :)

royhendo

« Reply #4359 on: April 22, 2014, 01:26:13 pm »
I like the manual input box

I've heard that about you Chops.