Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager (ours to keep - or at least till 2018)  (Read 958626 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager
« Reply #4240 on: April 20, 2014, 04:12:52 pm »
"Brendan Rodgers is eight players short of becoming genuine title contenders." - Mr. Ferguson.

Yeah, about that little quote of yours, Whiskybrain, maybe you meant your little protege, the "chosen one" Moyes?

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #4241 on: April 20, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »
"Brendan Rodgers is eight players short of becoming genuine title contenders." - Mr. Ferguson.

Yeah, about that little quote of yours, Whiskybrain, maybe you meant your little protege, the "chosen one" Moyes?

And Henderson has a dodgy gait. And Gerrards not a top top player .... Seems like Brendan is a better judge    First premier league post Ferguson and Liverpool are climbing back onto that perch
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4242 on: April 20, 2014, 04:26:16 pm »
And Henderson has a dodgy gait. And Gerrards not a top top player .... Seems like Brendan is a better judge    First premier league post Ferguson and Liverpool are climbing back onto that perch

Fuck me, with Fergie thinking there's so much shite on display at Liverpool, then Rodgers must be doing a greater job than his 27 years in charged combined.

Senile old prick, needs to get back on the bottle and continue destroying Man Utd.

Meanwhile, we'll be setting ourselves up well for the future with Brendan in charge.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #4243 on: April 20, 2014, 04:58:54 pm »
Ever so faintly surprised that amid all the nervous relief on this forum we three are the only ones posting in appreciation of the manager who's taken us to within 7 points of the League Title, in his Second Season, having finished Seventh the previous season.

Its all happening so quickly, and the whole thing is so off the scale sensational, that if we win the league, it is going to take a while for people outside our supporters to understand and appreciate what he has achieved. He will have single handedly re-written the rule book for English football and will have exposed the Emperors New Clothes in so many ways. No exaggeration. If we win the league we can discuss it all in time and get outsiders to understand. Plenty of time for that.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #4244 on: April 20, 2014, 05:15:24 pm »
It was effectively a 4-3-2-1, yet another formation Rodgers has utilised during a fascinating season where he has repeatedly kept opposition managers guessing. Part of the reason Liverpool start matches superbly is because opponents take a while to understand exactly what they are playing against.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/20/liverpool-norwich-brendan-rodgers-tactics?utm_medium=tw&utm_source=twfd
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4245 on: April 20, 2014, 05:18:05 pm »
Yep, I was sat there awaiting a 4-3-3 and instead he's played them narrow, making a 5 in midfield. The man is three steps ahead of anyone else, though Mourinho is gonna be interesting competition.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4246 on: April 20, 2014, 05:54:32 pm »
What really impresses me about the guy is not only are we going to win the league playing the best football in over 20 years but that he's done this while experimenting with different formations. He's extremely tactically astute, especially having to react when one way of playing is not working. Anyone worrying about how we going to play when in europe .No need
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4247 on: April 20, 2014, 06:17:09 pm »
What really impresses me about the guy is not only are we going to win the league playing the best football in over 20 years but that he's done this while experimenting with different formations. He's extremely tactically astute, especially having to react when one way of playing is not working. Anyone worrying about how we going to play when in europe .No need

Sorry to pick on you here mate he's not experimenting. No way. Brendan knows exactly what he's doing and what he's going to get from it.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4248 on: April 20, 2014, 06:21:48 pm »
Sterling? Progressing at a rate of knots. Suarez? Scoring goals consistently and has been elevated to being one of the best in the world. Gerrard? Adapted his role superbly. Flanagan? Another young player who has came in and is developing wonderfully. Sturridge? Breaking goalscoring records all over the shop. Henderson? Now one of the first names on the teamsheet. Coutinho? Growing into a man and taking more and more responsibility. I could go on, but you get the point.

Those things aren't ALL down to Brendan alone, but he's played a massive part in developing our squad, developing individuals and developing team spirit and tactical diversity. All of this in his second season. He's fucking boss.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4249 on: April 20, 2014, 06:29:08 pm »
He's poised for legend status. What a great manager he is.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #4250 on: April 20, 2014, 06:32:49 pm »
So, let me get this straight. It's April 20th 2014, in Brendan's second season with us, after we finished seventh, and we've just guaranteed Champions League football for next season.

Have I got that right?

Amazing isn't it still think i am going to wake up any minute
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4251 on: April 20, 2014, 06:33:03 pm »
I'm getting a bit of a ribbing from some Manc friends about Liverpool supporters wanting Rodgers out at the end of last season. I didn't get that impression, even from some of the whingers on here. Are they just spouting shite, or have I missed something?

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4252 on: April 20, 2014, 06:39:27 pm »
looking a bit disheveled in the post match interview,
slipping brendo
bollocks

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4253 on: April 20, 2014, 06:43:32 pm »
I'm getting a bit of a ribbing from some Manc friends about Liverpool supporters wanting Rodgers out at the end of last season. I didn't get that impression, even from some of the whingers on here. Are they just spouting shite, or have I missed something?

They're spouting shite.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4254 on: April 20, 2014, 06:44:03 pm »
looking a bit disheveled in the post match interview,
slipping brendo

Sounds like he has a heavy cold to me.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4255 on: April 20, 2014, 06:44:48 pm »

The delusion levels have sunk so deep they seem to be mixing their own feelings about their club with yours.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4256 on: April 20, 2014, 06:46:17 pm »

Or a sore throat for yelling at our lads to fucking push out the last 20 minutes!

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4257 on: April 20, 2014, 06:49:40 pm »
Thank you boss.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4258 on: April 20, 2014, 06:52:09 pm »

I was going to ask if i was the only one who thought he looked ill. Probably not the best time for the entire team to jump on him after Sterling's goal.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: April 20, 2014, 06:53:18 pm »
I was going to ask if i was the only one who thought he looked ill. Probably not the best time for the entire team to jump on him after Sterling's goal.

Yeah he clearly has the sniffles - you could see he had Vicks under his nose in the pre-match. Shows that even super-human managers get sick.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4260 on: April 20, 2014, 06:57:12 pm »
Brendan said in the post-game interview that we would continue climbing... Liar!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Wiss_LFC

• Wuss_WUM: Diss_missed but won't be ATALL_missed.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4261 on: April 20, 2014, 06:57:47 pm »
I honestly cannot wait to see him go head to head with some of the best managers in the world in the Champions League next season, he's going to out-tactic so many managers.

Please give him a long, long contract because you know what, we have a very special manager on our hands here.
I'll bring out the stats and heat maps if we sign him.

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #4262 on: April 20, 2014, 06:59:42 pm »
Oh crap! Sterling molested him upon scoring his first goal... he better not catch a cold

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4263 on: April 20, 2014, 06:59:53 pm »
He is going to take some doing if he can improve from this season.

Probably needs to win all 38 league games and a cup

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: April 20, 2014, 08:50:25 pm »
He is going to take some doing if he can improve from this season.

Probably needs to win all 38 league games and a cup

Nah just the Champions League and Title defence will suffice :)

Offline Gandalf The Red

• Anny Roader
  • Free Palestine
    • Palestine Solidarity
« Reply #4265 on: April 20, 2014, 08:56:16 pm »

I think a lot of people are now seeing Ferguson for what he was - a patriarch who relied on the nous of very good coaches.

For all his 'genius', e left them with a shit squad, chose a turkey of a manager and came out with the FUBAR of the century with that quote about Rodgers/Liverpool.
"And you dare to call me a terrorist, while you look down your guns..."

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #4266 on: April 20, 2014, 09:00:32 pm »

Well we did sign Mignolet, Sakho, Aspas, Moses, Kolo, Alberto, Cissokho and Ilori. 8 players obviously made the difference, and Ferguson bang on, just like he was about Henderson's running style and Gerrard not being as good as Andesron.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: April 20, 2014, 09:01:56 pm »

Well given the form from Xmas onwards last season would have had us comfortably in CL places I'd guess they're on the wind up.  Although if they're mancs they're prob serious.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4268 on: April 20, 2014, 09:06:11 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/20/liverpool-norwich-brendan-rodgers-tactics?utm_medium=tw&utm_source=twfd

That's exactly what it was. It was an interesting formation, worked in some respects, but not in others.

No Plan B, this lad.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #4269 on: April 20, 2014, 09:13:53 pm »
That's exactly what it was. It was an interesting formation, worked in some respects, but not in others.

No Plan B, this lad.

He said in his post match interview that he expected they would play the diamond so wanted to have the extra man in midfield. They figured things out better as they game went on but that first 20 minutes we completed dominated the game thanks to the tactics.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #4270 on: April 20, 2014, 09:26:10 pm »
So, let me get this straight. It's April 20th 2014, in Brendan's second season with us, after we finished seventh, and we've just guaranteed Champions League football for next season.

Have I got that right?

Would have been the ideal outcome for the season... but we given ourselves a shot at perfection.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4271 on: April 20, 2014, 09:26:51 pm »

Have I got that right?

I know. He's been here 20 months and won fuck all. That's two decades of months that is. Still we need to be patient and give him time. I think he can turn it around.

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
« Reply #4272 on: April 20, 2014, 09:27:11 pm »
I honestly hope he hasn't set the bar too high for next season and going forward, he's been that good.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #4273 on: April 20, 2014, 09:27:43 pm »
My highlight of the match today was seeing Sterling and Mr Rodgers hug. Just like how a father would do his son and then the whole team jumped in on top. That really brought me to tears. I have become really emotional of late. Not used to this title chasing business.   I have Seen it again on the forum but my computer is so old it keeps crashing when I view it.

I really get the feeling that the team would do anything for the manger and it is so nice to see. Thank you Mr Rodgers for the enjoyment that you have provided me throughout the season. Whatever happens I am such a proud LFC fan and glad that you are our leader .

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #4274 on: April 20, 2014, 09:34:40 pm »
My highlight of the match today was seeing Sterling and Mr Rodgers hug. Just like how a father would do his son and then the whole team jumped in on top. That really brought me to tears. I have become really emotional of late. Not used to this title chasing business.   I have Seen it again on the forum but my computer is so old it keeps crashing when I view it.

I really get the feeling that the team would do anything for the manger and it is so nice to see. Thank you Mr Rodgers for the enjoyment that you have provided me throughout the season. Whatever happens I am such a proud LFC fan and glad that you are our leader .
I had a feeling Rodger's said to him before the game 'you'll get one today lad' or something along those lines. 5 minutes in and he smashes that in  ;D
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4275 on: April 20, 2014, 09:35:49 pm »
Ultimately Brendan has failed this season. He promised us 4th and now it's impossible for us to get 4th!! Rodgers out!!

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4276 on: April 20, 2014, 09:36:09 pm »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4277 on: April 20, 2014, 09:40:46 pm »
These snidey Andy Dunn articles make pretty funny reading now...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andy-dunn-column-liverpool-wont-840794

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-liverpool-lfc-must-1714448

Thank god he wasn't John Henry's advisor.

Worse thing about that first article is stating that Mourinho will become the first manger to win 3 CL titles.  So basically dismissing what went previously simply due to a competition name change.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4278 on: April 20, 2014, 09:46:43 pm »
He's poised for legend status. What a great manager he is.

I think we should replace him with a Manager from a big club. Moyes may be available.....

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4279 on: April 20, 2014, 09:47:42 pm »
I think a lot of people are now seeing Ferguson for what he was - a patriarch who relied on the nous of very good coaches.

For all his 'genius', e left them with a shit squad, chose a turkey of a manager and came out with the FUBAR of the century with that quote about Rodgers/Liverpool.
He also left the referees in limbo without direction and not knowing what to do to win them games at Old Trafford...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."