Author Topic: Glen Mcleod Cooper Johnson. Now running on Android Kit Kat.  (Read 52948 times)

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
Re: Glen Mcleod Cooper Johnson. Now running on Android Kit Kat.
« Reply #560 on: October 5, 2014, 06:40:25 pm »
I'd have Johnson in there. I've been rightly critical of him the last season or two but when times are tough you need experienced heads on the pitch. Manquillo has been ok but i'd rather we had as much experience back there as possible. 

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: October 5, 2014, 07:29:29 pm »
One who could probably use some attention and playing time from Hodgson.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #562 on: October 7, 2014, 11:05:07 am »
Papers reporting that Glen's contract talks have broken down and that he'll be on his way out in the summer.

Edit 1: He will be missed very much.

Edit 2: (If true)
« Last Edit: October 7, 2014, 11:09:16 am by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: October 7, 2014, 11:36:48 am »
Papers reporting that Glen's contract talks have broken down and that he'll be on his way out in the summer.

Edit 1: He will be missed very much.

Edit 2: (If true)

We shall see i guess, if he's after a long term deal and or massive wages, i'd be very surprised if he was going to remain, it will take a compromise on his behalf somewhere if he wishes to continue playing here i'd imagine.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #564 on: October 7, 2014, 12:00:38 pm »
We shall see i guess, if he's after a long term deal and or massive wages, i'd be very surprised if he was going to remain, it will take a compromise on his behalf somewhere if he wishes to continue playing here i'd imagine.

Haven't we offered him a one year extension which remains on the table (if the journos are correct), presumably on much lower wages than he's currently on, but he wants a longer term deal? He ain't getting it here at his age I don't think, so he may well end up somewhere else on a 3/4 year contract?

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: October 7, 2014, 12:09:26 pm »
I've got no idea to be honest mate what's been offered, however if it true that it's only been a one year contract offer it wouldn't be of any surprise if he considered his options. I think its fairly universally accepted the standard bargaining position for most players entering their 30's is to try and ensure as longer term contract as is viable. It'll just be a wait and see moment i guess....if he hasn't signed by Christmas i'd imagine this will be his swan song season with us.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #566 on: October 7, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »
I think if Harry stays at QPR he will go there for a last good payday, i like Glen but if we look at it from just the club perspective we have at least 2 decent younger options for his position .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #567 on: October 7, 2014, 12:59:31 pm »
Looked lighter and sharper when he came on.

Whichever way his contract talks go he needs to perform well this season to get that deal with Arry or who ever which can only be good for competition in the RB position.

It's been a few years since we had 2 decent RBs, three if we include Flanno.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline RdJRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #568 on: October 7, 2014, 01:07:26 pm »
Shame if there's no possibility for compromise. GJ is a terrific player IMO and has always done a good job for Liverpool. Unfairly the brunt of criticism at times. Very glad he's fit now and hope he is played ahead of Manquilo now. The fact that he can do a job a left back makes him a valuable player and I hope LFC offer a second year if that's what it takes.
YNWA

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
  • I Fucking Love Lucas....
« Reply #569 on: October 7, 2014, 01:11:59 pm »
Shame if there's no possibility for compromise. GJ is a terrific player IMO and has always done a good job for Liverpool. Unfairly the brunt of criticism at times. Very glad he's fit now and hope he is played ahead of Manquilo now. The fact that he can do a job a left back makes him a valuable player and I hope LFC offer a second year if that's what it takes.

Very true. He's been a great player for us over his Career.

Granted he was pretty poor last seaosn but by all accounts he was struggling with a long term injury.

I thought he looked good on Saturday and if he impresses i see no reason why to not offer him a 2 year deal. At least the younger players (Which everyone keeps mentioning) can learn off him as in his hay day was an England first teamer and one of the first names on the Liverpool team sheet!

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: October 7, 2014, 01:16:45 pm »
Lets not let a decent 30 mins against West Brom cloud our judgement. He has been poor for almost 2 years now, earns a high wage and we have 2 other very capable right backs at the moment.

If he proves he can be back to his best over the next few months, then sure maybe he can get a new deal on much lower wages. Until then it looks like he will leave on a free

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: October 7, 2014, 01:25:15 pm »
Papers "Sturridge signs new contract"
Papers "Henderson to sign new contract"
Papers "Sterling set to get bumper new contract"
Papers "Gerrard set to extend beyond this year"
Papers "Agnes the tea lady gets rise and new contract"

/Glen rings his agent to ask about his contract renewal..

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: October 7, 2014, 01:34:58 pm »
Probably best for both parties if Glen moves on at the end of this season. Always been a big fan of his but he has declined (albeit he struggled last year with injuries). At his age it is in his best interests to get one last payday over a few years. However if he plays out of his skin this season then maybe the club will reconsider their offer, highly unlikely that is though.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Get em Kells!

• Main Stander
« Reply #573 on: October 7, 2014, 03:11:12 pm »

Papers "Agnes the tea lady gets rise and new contract"

;D

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #574 on: October 7, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »
I still think glen could offer something different to our current fullbacks, both our new full backs are both very good getting forward with crosses etc. but glen when on form can dribble at ease past players in the opposition box and can shoot with either foot too, I know defending is his first priority but when the team is struggling for openings and goals like they have recently, I think he would be a good option to have. With flanno out for months and javier only on loan for two years at the moment, I think we should give him at least another year, he's still only after turning 30 two weeks ago, still 3-4 decent years left in him so it would be a shame to just let him go for free.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: October 7, 2014, 06:29:31 pm »
The last couple of seasons though is that when he dribbles he more often than not loses the ball. And he let's too many crosses into the box. Much rather see manquilla or Flanagan. Wouldn't though begrudge glen leaving for one last big payday.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #576 on: October 7, 2014, 06:31:07 pm »
I still think glen could offer something different to our current fullbacks, both our new full backs are both very good getting forward with crosses etc. but glen when on form can dribble at ease past players in the opposition box and can shoot with either foot too, I know defending is his first priority but when the team is struggling for openings and goals like they have recently, I think he would be a good option to have. With flanno out for months and javier only on loan for two years at the moment, I think we should give him at least another year, he's still only after turning 30 two weeks ago, still 3-4 decent years left in him so it would be a shame to just let him go for free.

When was the last time Glen dribbled past someone and put in a decent shot? The last time I can think of is when he scored against Chelsea.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #577 on: October 7, 2014, 06:31:20 pm »
I think if Harry stays at QPR he will go there for a last good payday, i like Glen but if we look at it from just the club perspective we have at least 2 decent younger options for his position .
cant see Glen playing in the championship

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: October 7, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »
He should leave for everyone's sake IMO. Always liked him, always hoped that he would turn things around. But I can't really fool myself, I doubt that will happen. So he should be looking for the best option for himself, somewhere else. Hopefully both sporting and financial reasons involved, as I would like to see him do well somewhere else.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: October 7, 2014, 06:35:46 pm »
When was the last time Glen dribbled past someone and put in a decent shot? The last time I can think of is when he scored against Chelsea.

West Ham?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: October 7, 2014, 06:38:30 pm »
West Ham?

Which year? Can't be this year ...

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: October 7, 2014, 06:42:21 pm »
Which year? Can't be this year ...

Rodgers first season. Scored a beauty against Gomel a couple of months before the West Ham one too IIRC

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: October 7, 2014, 06:43:33 pm »
Rodgers first season. Scored a beauty against Gomel a couple of months before the West Ham one too IIRC

So 3 years ago? :(

I'd still play Manquilo ahead of him, then i'd have Flanno ahead of Johnson as well.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: October 7, 2014, 06:44:23 pm »
So 3 years ago? :(

I'd still play Manquilo ahead of him, then i'd have Flanno ahead of Johnson as well.

I'm sure he's done better, but that was the last time I watched him and was thinking wow what a player.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #584 on: October 7, 2014, 06:44:58 pm »
He should leave for everyone's sake IMO. Always liked him, always hoped that he would turn things around. But I can't really fool myself, I doubt that will happen. So he should be looking for the best option for himself, somewhere else. Hopefully both sporting and financial reasons involved, as I would like to see him do well somewhere else.

Why would you like him to do well somewhere else and not here? Makes no sense. Let's hope he has returned fresh and ready for the fray for a switched on Johnno will be a real asset in a long hard season where squad depth is vital
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: October 7, 2014, 06:45:38 pm »
I'm sure he's done better, but that was the last time I watched him and was thinking wow what a player.

That's the frustrating bit for me, we all know there's a decent player in there. But unfortunately like new years day, it only comes once a year.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: October 7, 2014, 06:49:31 pm »
Why would you like him to do well somewhere else and not here? Makes no sense. Let's hope he has returned fresh and ready for the fray for a switched on Johnno will be a real asset in a long hard season where squad depth is vital

I mean then at another level perhaps. Of course I would like to see him do well here, but if he's been shite for the last season I don't see it happen.
But lets say he goes to a slower La Liga/other league or something with less pressure on him maybe he could up his game and don't retire from it with such a sour taste really.

Makes more sense now?

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #587 on: October 7, 2014, 06:57:48 pm »
I think Glen Johnson is still top quality, with adequate rotation, we should be able to make the most out of him.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: October 7, 2014, 07:02:15 pm »
I mean then at another level perhaps. Of course I would like to see him do well here, but if he's been shite for the last season I don't see it happen.
But lets say he goes to a slower La Liga/other league or something with less pressure on him maybe he could up his game and don't retire from it with such a sour taste really.

Makes more sense now?

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off.  He's a bright lad. Knows a really good season here will do him nothing but good. Rather than moving on he'll be looking to prove the doubters wrong and get his extension. Maybe he fancies some time abroad a la Ashley Cole. Who knows. He'll only get that my playing out of his skin this season and he will get opportunities cos the boss rates him. I want Johnno to do well now for us and have every confidence he will do
« Last Edit: October 7, 2014, 07:04:28 pm by Vivabobbygraham »

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: October 7, 2014, 07:24:47 pm »
what is android kitkat?

is that a derogatory term?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #590 on: October 7, 2014, 07:27:45 pm »
what is android kitkat?

is that a derogatory term?

A mobile phone or tablet operating system from Google. So no.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: October 7, 2014, 07:31:40 pm »
That's the frustrating bit for me, we all know there's a decent player in there. But unfortunately like new years day, it only comes once a year.

Totally agree, Johnson has all the talent and ability you'd want from a modern fullback - strong, atheletic, excellent in attack, can shoot etc. It's just at times he just appear to completely switch off, for someone whose apparantly highly intelligent (studying degrees etc.) makes even more frustrating knowing there is no reason for him to be so absent minded at times..

I do believe the contract renewal has weighed heavily, combine that with over-reliance on him and forcing him to play when not fully fit has really de-motivated him.. I hope he's now had a good break, he's re charged his batteries and comes back and plays himself back into a newly deserved contract.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: October 7, 2014, 07:32:02 pm »
I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. He's a bright lad. Knows a really good season here will do him nothing but good. Rather than moving on he'll be looking to prove the doubters wrong and get his extension. Maybe he fancies some time abroad a la Ashley Cole. Who knows. He'll only get that my playing out of his skin this season and he will get opportunities cos the boss rates him. I want Johnno to do well now for us and have every confidence he will do

I really haven't been that quick though. Not others either. I haven't given up fully, but it is getting there, especially if Manquillo would be signed and Flanagan comes back to form.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: October 7, 2014, 07:32:39 pm »
A mobile phone or tablet operating system from Google. So no.

just googling and you are correct. i always thought android was android.

i guess jordan runs on jellybean then?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: October 7, 2014, 08:23:34 pm »
I really haven't been that quick though. Not others either. I haven't given up fully, but it is getting there, especially if Manquillo would be signed and Flanagan comes back to form.

Fair enough. Flanno and Manquillo in form in training and on the pitch should be all the incentive he needs. As I said it's a long season with everything to play for. He'll get his chances. Let's hope he takes them. Good signs on Saturday but still has a way to go. Go 'ed Johnno lad.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: October 7, 2014, 09:20:57 pm »
The fact that both parties are miles apart while other players in the squad are getting longer and bigger contracts says an awful lot in my opinion.

I think Brendan would like Johnson back next year, but probably on half the wages and with the understanding that he probably won't be the starter most of the time....Aaaannnd Glen probably doesn't like that too much which makes sense. If I had to make a bet, this is the last season we see him in an LFC kit.

#ITK
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #596 on: October 7, 2014, 09:22:58 pm »
no one will offer him that wage, at his wage, unless Redknapp gets him.

It's up to him, really. Accept lower wages, play for a good team. Take 100kp/w and play for 'arry
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #597 on: October 7, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »
Back just in time to snuff out Christano Ronaldo.

Big tactical challenge for Ancellelotti now.

Massive.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #598 on: October 9, 2014, 10:51:50 am »
Back just in time to snuff out Christano Ronaldo.

Big tactical challenge for Ancellelotti now.

Massive.
i wonder who Rodgers will go with up against ronaldo, I think he will go with glen with his experience, and I feel it would be a challenge glen would relish. Even tho manquillo is better defensively, I think glen could give them something to think about if his offensive side was of the level we know he can play at. I'd go with glen starting the home tie, and manquillo starting in Spain.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.