Author Topic: Liverpool set to transform Kirkby Academy  (Read 37922 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Liverpool set to transform Kirkby Academy
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2017, 04:53:43 pm »
Planning went in today for this, seems the club are looking to push on pretty fast with it.

Great News.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2017, 06:11:12 pm »
Can we start the petition now to call the new training facility either Melwood.... Because that name is almost as famous as Anfield or the Kop.

There is no reason why we can't call it Melwood still.

Either that of the Ronnie Moran Football Centre after the great man!!!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2017, 10:15:36 pm »
Fantastic news really excited for this development.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2017, 10:26:51 pm »
Can we start the petition now to call the new training facility either Melwood.... Because that name is almost as famous as Anfield or the Kop.

There is no reason why we can't call it Melwood still.

Either that of the Ronnie Moran Football Centre after the great man!!!!

It'll probably be called the <insert money of the company who will pay the most money here> training ground

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2017, 02:55:29 pm »
LFC boost as £50m new training facility receives widespread support as plans go public http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boosted-public-support-new-13037142

Liverpool FC have received a significant boost with consultation suggesting widespread public support for their new £50m training base in Kirkby.

The planning application for the complex - which will combine first team facilities with the Academy - has now been published on Knowsley council’s website.

The document reveals that at public consultation, 94% of public comments were supportive of the proposals.

That will be a significant boost to the Reds who hope to progress the application swiftly with a view to starting work next year and moving into the new base in summer 2019.

The planning application asks for full permission for some aspects of the scheme and outline permission for the more major developments within the project, including a new combined training centre for first team and U23 players, a full-size indoor pitch and a new parents’ centre.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2017, 02:32:36 pm »
As part of the relocation of Kirby , the club have sent planning application for the redevelopment Melwood.  : http://lfc.tv/ASsc

Liverpool FC has today submitted a planning application for the proposed redevelopment of the club's first-team training ground at Melwood.

The document submitted to Liverpool City Council applies for outline planning permission for the redevelopment of the Melwood site into much-needed quality family housing, which is in line with the council’s Local Plan.

The application forms part of the club’s plans to bring LFC’s first team and Academy football training operations and facilities together on one site in Kirkby.

LFC recognises that Melwood has played a significant role in the club’s history, but the site is limited in terms of space and is unable to accommodate the club’s ambitions for a new first-class combined training facility.

The planning application is expected to be determined by the council’s Planning Committee later this year.

If permission is granted, the proposed redevelopment could provide up to 160 new family homes with open space and landscaping. The planning application also seeks permission for vehicular access from Melwood Drive and Deysbrook Lane, in addition to cycle and pedestrian access from Crown Road.

Should the club be successful in obtaining planning consent, housing developers will be invited to bid to purchase and develop the site.

LFC will continue to work closely with Liverpool City Council to keep local residents and businesses updated on progress throughout the application process and any resultant development.

For more information on the proposals, local residents and businesses are invited to attend a drop-in session which will be held on Monday July 17 at West Derby Golf Club (83 Yew Tree Lane, Liverpool, L12 9HQ) from 3pm until 7pm. There will be an opportunity to view the proposed plans and speak with members of the project team.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2017, 02:49:05 pm »
As part of the relocation of Kirby , the club have sent planning application for the redevelopment Melwood.  : http://lfc.tv/ASsc

Hope that goes well and that the new housing development is good, in keeping with the local area and fills needs. I'd much rather we do what we can to leave a positive lasting legacy/impression at Melwood than simply accepting the highest bid from those applying.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2017, 06:44:59 am »
Hope that goes well and that the new housing development is good, in keeping with the local area and fills needs. I'd much rather we do what we can to leave a positive lasting legacy/impression at Melwood than simply accepting the highest bid from those applying.
To be honest you have very little say... once you see, people can do what they like.  It's up to the planning department to ensure that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2017, 01:56:40 pm »
To be honest you have very little say... once you see, people can do what they like.  It's up to the planning department to ensure that

I'm talking about after they receive sign off from the planning department. The club'll be able to weed through the proposals from housing developers, who should have to work hard to convince the club they are going to do the things I mentioned, and probably build guarantees into any contract selling the land.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2017, 06:29:43 pm »
Seems the first pictures have bee released by the architects, looks quite nice:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/11/designs-liverpools-new-training-ground-revealed-first-time/

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:06 pm »
It will be so much better having all the teams in one place, can't believe it has taken us this long to put it right.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2017, 11:39:47 pm »
Are the women to be based there?

If not, why not?

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2017, 12:48:07 am »
Just going back to the summer of 2010:

Sergi Canos - 4.5m
Jordon Ibe - 15m
Brad Smith - 6m
Raheem Sterling - 49m
Conor Coady -0.4m
Martin Kelly - 1.5m
Jack Robinson - 1m
Suso - 1m
Jay Spearing - 1.7m
Chris Mavinga - 1m
Tom Ince - 0.25m
Daniel Ayala - 0.85m
Mikel San Jose - 2.6m
Kristian Nemeth - 1m
Lauri Dalla Valle - 0.75m
Alex Kacaniklic - 0.75m

I've excluded Ilori, Coates, Insua and Ngog as I wasn't convinced we should include them, I've also excluded a few players who went for undisclosed fees as these amounts are likely to be minimal. I'd argue Rossi should be excluded from the Manc assessment above as well (or we should include the four I mentioned above in ours).

That's £87.3m or £38.3m if you exclude Sterling (I have no idea why you'd exclude him but someone mentioned it above).
There is no good reason to exclude Sterling, ONCE you’ve established that we are indeed getting reasonable sums from other players, too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2017, 07:32:50 am »
Are the women to be based there?

If not, why not?

I would hope so, all our teams need to be based there altogether as we're one club.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2017, 07:37:07 am »
I would hope so, all our teams need to be based there altogether as we're one club.

My understanding is they are not going to be, but was hoping someone would tell me I’m wrong on that.

I agree though, they all should be.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2017, 09:46:43 am »
The Ladies are based in Widnes, they play and train on an artificial surface, it makes no sense sending them up to Kirkby to train on grass pitches. It's probably cheaper for the Ladies as well to keep themselves based in Widnes all the time

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:02 am »
Seems the first pictures have bee released by the architects, looks quite nice:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/11/designs-liverpools-new-training-ground-revealed-first-time/

Third pic down, looks like some player has stuffed his expensive car into the hedge. They just don't care do they!!!! They're all the same these rich footballers!!!!

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:26 am »
If it didn't have Liverpool Football Club plastered over it, I'd have taken that for a brand new terminal for John Lennon Airport. Which is a good thing as I think it looks good

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2017, 12:21:49 pm »
My understanding is they are not going to be, but was hoping someone would tell me I’m wrong on that.

I agree though, they all should be.

That is really disappointing then.