Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 236512 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2019, 08:11:34 pm »
They are literally one win away from winning it. They are capable of beating us. We are favorites for sure, but it's a 60-40 match. Spurs are a great side. Hats off to them for making it here. Unfortunately for them they are standing in our way to redemption.

The fuck they are.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2019, 08:15:23 pm »
the spurs fans are going to be completely out numbered in and outside the ground, and we will take over the place, lets hope this impacts the result on the pitch.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2019, 08:32:57 pm »
They are literally one win away from winning it. They are capable of beating us. We are favorites for sure, but it's a 60-40 match. Spurs are a great side. Hats off to them for making it here. Unfortunately for them they are standing in our way to redemption.

Of course, I just said it would be unprecedented and shouldn't be compared to past underdogs. Unprecedented things do happen.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2019, 08:38:47 pm »
The fuck they are.

You don't get the the CL final without being a great side.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2019, 08:54:07 pm »

Of course you do. Or are you saying that Monaco of 2004 were a great side?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2019, 08:55:51 pm »

We weren't a great side in 2005.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2019, 09:14:54 pm »

Your logic is flawed.

And don't say,well that wasn't a CL final,it was a European final.

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2019, 09:18:01 pm »

Your logic is flawed.

And don't say,well that wasn't a CL final,it was a European final.

You answered it yourself. It's not a CL final. You have to be a great side to get to the CL final. It's not the Europa League filled with middle table teams

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2019, 09:18:14 pm »
I'm not saying that Spurs aren't a threat or that they've not done brilliant to get to the final,they're just not a great side & I would be more nervous if Ajax hadn't self destructed.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2019, 09:20:05 pm »
We weren't a great side in 2005.

We won the UEFA CUp and went to the CL quarter final in the years preceding and reached another CL final in 2007 and finished 3rd on 82 point the following season, so yes we were a great side.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 10, 2019, 09:21:18 pm »
You answered it yourself. It's not a CL final. You have to be a great side to get to the CL final. It's not the Europa League filled with middle table teams

Says you.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 09:22:56 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2019, 09:23:34 pm »
We won the UEFA CUp and went to the CL quarter final in the years preceding and reached another CL final in 2007 and finished 3rd on 82 point the following season, so yes we were a great side.

We were that great a side Everton finished above us and we were about 39 points behind Chelsea. We had a good cup run in the Champions League, but we were far from a great team overall.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: May 10, 2019, 09:25:15 pm »
Of course you do. Or are you saying that Monaco of 2004 were a great side?
Why were they not a great side. One of the top teams in a top 5 league. You don't get to the CL final without being a great side because you have to consistently get past the best teams in Europe to get there over two legs.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2019, 09:28:19 pm »
We were that great a side Everton finished above us and we were about 39 points behind Chelsea. We had a good cup run in the Champions League, but we were far from a great team overall.
We beat some of the best teams in Europe over 2 legs. We were inconsistent. But our top level was good enough to match any team in Europe as we proved. CL is where you prove how good you are where you have to not only beat the best teams, but do so under the most pressure.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: May 10, 2019, 09:28:49 pm »

That was in 2007, we are talking about 2005. So no were weren't a great side. We were great defensively but as a team we were anything but great. We improved massively in 2007.

Offline johna999

• Main Stander
« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2019, 09:28:55 pm »
Having a look at their forums.....
1. They fear Trippier playing. They'd prefer aurier but he has been out for ages and maybe back Sunday. They have even suggested having sisoko or sanchez RB to avoid Trippier. Most think he will play
2. They are not as confident about their defence. Not as good as last year and they think best to attack us and try and ping our full backs back
3. Injured players. Winks and kane will be fit and they think they have to play especially winks to stop us breaking through their midfield and have more control. I think playing both is a risk as they won't be match sharp etc. They say kane is often a slow starter when back from injury
4. They bang on about the second half of the Anfield game where they 'dominated' but they don't take into account Fabinho and that we had to win that day and they didn't.
5. They are convinced their name is in the cup. And that kane will get the winner, best forward in the world etc
6. They think they are very slow starters and think we will be ahead at half time and they will then pick us off in second half as their more technical players get more space and we tire. As we are just a pressing high energy team and after their 3 week break they will be fitter than us second half
7. They think most likely team will be loris, trip, 2 Belgium, rose, sisoko, winks Ericsson, alli, moura, kane. Moura instead of son due to his semi heroics

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2019, 09:32:59 pm »

Says you.

Monaco weren't a mid table team. They competed for the title in their domestic league that season and the season before.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2019, 09:42:06 pm »
Monaco weren't a mid table team. They competed for the title in their domestic league that season and the season before.

They also knocked out Real Madrid and Chelsea en route to the final. They had plenty of decent players: Morientes, Evra,  Rothen,  Giuly, Squillaci, Adebayor etc.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2019, 09:42:41 pm »
Stop being quilts

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2019, 09:49:38 pm »

I'd argue we weren't a great side in 2005...

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2019, 10:01:42 pm »
Oh, but I just thought you might want something fine
Made of silver or of golden
Either from the mountains of Madrid
Or from the coast of Barcelona

its is written boys, Dylan already wrote it.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2019, 10:07:50 pm »
the spurs fans are going to be completely out numbered in and outside the ground, and we will take over the place, lets hope this impacts the result on the pitch.

Not sure they will be massively.  This is their first ever final.  I am sure they will take 25-30000 with or without tickets.  What we have is global fans prepared to pay whatever it costs to be there.  In some ways I wish it was City.   They would struggle to sell their allocation.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:11:46 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #382 on: May 10, 2019, 10:11:32 pm »
Spot on. We won that CL fair and square but that was not a great side - for the reasons listed above.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #383 on: May 10, 2019, 10:16:38 pm »
People need to understand this. All the underdog sides that won or came very close in the CL were primarily defensive beasts. Ajax in 95, Porto under Mourinho, us under Rafa, Chelsea's Mourinho core in 2012, Simeone's nearly men in 2014.

While Spurs have been consistently shipping goals all season in the PL, domestic cups, CL groups stages and knockout stages. They are here almost solely on their offence and if they win it would be an unprecedented achievement for an offensively driven underdog.

Spot on! Have no idea why people have created a false narrative that Spurs have some kind of supreme defence, who are going to dog out a 1-0 win :o :o :o

We're far more capable of keeping a clean sheet against them than they are against us. In fact, I can't see them keeping a clean sheet at all to be honest. Not against our attacking trio.

We scored 4 against Barcelona whilst keeping a clean sheet against Messi and Suarez... let that sink it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:27:59 pm by SweetSilverSevens »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 10, 2019, 10:25:14 pm »
The fuck they are.

Great is stretching it, they are a very good team, capable of beating anyone and one a few sides that can play at a similar level of intensity for 90 minutes, very powerful.

This will be our toughest game of the season, they will be playing like their lives depend on it

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #385 on: May 10, 2019, 10:29:16 pm »
1. They fear Trippier playing. They'd prefer aurier but he has been out for ages and maybe back Sunday. They have even suggested having sisoko or sanchez RB to avoid Trippier. Most think he will play
2. They are not as confident about their defence. Not as good as last year and they think best to attack us and try and ping our full backs back
3. Injured players. Winks and kane will be fit and they think they have to play especially winks to stop us breaking through their midfield and have more control. I think playing both is a risk as they won't be match sharp etc. They say kane is often a slow starter when back from injury
4. They bang on about the second half of the Anfield game where they 'dominated' but they don't take into account Fabinho and that we had to win that day and they didn't.
5. They are convinced their name is in the cup. And that kane will get the winner, best forward in the world etc
6. They think they are very slow starters and think we will be ahead at half time and they will then pick us off in second half as their more technical players get more space and we tire. As we are just a pressing high energy team and after their 3 week break they will be fitter than us second half
7. They think most likely team will be loris, trip, 2 Belgium, rose, sisoko, winks Ericsson, alli, moura, kane. Moura instead of son due to his semi heroics

I find this perspective interesting. They probably think this way because they've Eriksen in midfield, but I think they're discounting how technical and creative our fullbacks actually are, while not considering Fabinho as our 6 adds another technical level to our side - we're stronger pressers on and off the ball than before.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: May 10, 2019, 10:30:57 pm »
We have not kept a clean sheet against them for quite sometime allbeit with the aid of penalties. We have added Fabinho. He has only played against them like for 30 minutes I am more confident we can keep them out. Lucas Moura is going to be a pain though

They have also not kept a clean sheet against us for us some time. I am confident they will not be able to stop us from scoring.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #387 on: May 10, 2019, 10:53:13 pm »

We are stronger in the second half than our opponents this season. We have most number of goals from substitutes and in the last 15 minutes of league games.

In the recent league match with Tottenham we weren't even at our best form. We were stuttering in Feb/March time and Spurs came having nothing to lose. We had to win and they were content with a draw (or just a respectable performance). We also had a poor first half in the next league game against Southampton.

The Alderwireld own-goal helped Salah pick up his goalscoring form in the next few games, and Keita/Henderson found some form after scoring goals against Southampton, and we haven't looked back since. This run of form has culminated in the two performances against Barcelona.

In that sense, I don't think the spurs league game is that relevant in relation to our current form compared to then, but of course Klopp will look at what problems we came up against then. However, we would've looked at it in the immediate aftermath of the match, and a lot of those improvements have probably already been made.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:32:56 am by SweetSilverSevens »

Offline PhilMahon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #388 on: May 10, 2019, 10:59:51 pm »
Would have preferred Ajax, but reckon they’d have preferred Barca. Good to have a couple of weeks to rest and prepare so hopefully we’re firing from the get go.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 10, 2019, 11:08:33 pm »
My dad has just been taken to the Hospice. His birthday would have been 1st June.

So sorry mate. Hope we win it for him.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #390 on: May 10, 2019, 11:25:06 pm »
I think it'll be a tougher game than many here expect. Spurs are not at our level but in one match can they make something happen? Absolutely. It's been suggested in some posts but I certainly feel we'll need to go in at half time with a lead as both teams tend to grow as the game goes on. If we get in front we can manage the game and hopefully control its direction. Both teams have a lot of spirit and fight, both teams can score goals - I think ultimately it might come down to one thing that is a huge difference between us and that is recent experience in major finals. We've essentially had to cracks at it and know what not to do and what needs to be done. Hopefully that'll be enough to bring big ears back to Anfield to meet his five little brothers.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: May 10, 2019, 11:31:30 pm »
Fucking hell I'm nervous. And its over 3 weeks away.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: May 10, 2019, 11:34:24 pm »
Fucking hell I'm nervous. And its over 3 weeks away.

Not nervous about sunday?

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: May 10, 2019, 11:56:37 pm »
Not nervous about sunday?

it's out of our hands so I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about that.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2019, 11:58:54 pm »
I can't wait to see Trippier mark Virgil on corners.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2019, 12:59:14 am »
Spot on! Have no idea why people have created a false narrative that Spurs have some kind of supreme defence, who are going to dog out a 1-0 win :o :o :o

We're far more capable of keeping a clean sheet against them than they are against us. In fact, I can't see them keeping a clean sheet at all to be honest. Not against our attacking trio.

We scored 4 against Barcelona whilst keeping a clean sheet against Messi and Suarez... let that sink it.

We'll score against them almost surely. The best thing Spurs have going for them is that it's football in 2019 where every game including a massive cup final can become a high scoring shootout, which they would love.

For me the best thing we have going for us is our familiarity with Spurs. Underdogs can usually win by pulling some surprise, but this team is well aware of any and all of Spurs many tricks. We'll be ready.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:36:54 am by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2019, 01:00:24 am »
Might be an unpopular opinion but perhaps this should be locked until after Sunday?  We have another match to think about long before this one.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2019, 01:00:50 am »
I seriously cannot even remember the last time we failed to score against them

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2019, 01:16:06 am »
I seriously cannot even remember the last time we failed to score against them
Klopp’s first ever game in charge?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:21:26 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2019, 01:19:00 am »
Might be an unpopular opinion but perhaps this should be locked until after Sunday?  We have another match to think about long before this one.
I wonder what kind of fines Klopp should give to the players that are in this thread and not thinking about the Wolves game  ;D
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali