Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1358992 times)

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25720 on: April 28, 2024, 01:42:34 pm »
Surely the clubs have to demand PGMOL changes leadership and rethinks completely.

How can we go every weekend and 50% of games have the referee’s making howlers, players furious, clubs releasing statements, and the clubs not all come together and do something.

Whatever that was yesterday was an utter farce and the club should yet again be asking for microphone recordings and a full explanation.

Thing is they mostly make howlers that punish certain teams and benefit others.
Certain teams are always on the receiving end while others always get the rub of the green. That's corruption.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25721 on: April 28, 2024, 01:47:21 pm »
Just imagine a football league where you could concentrate on the managers, the players, the tactics, how good they were on the day and the results afterwards.

Imagine that.

We used to have that once. When did that really go? Is there a way to get that back?

I'm bored shitless even talking about this any more. Is there a solution? Football is a very, very simple game. Why is this a problem every fucking week?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25722 on: April 28, 2024, 02:11:35 pm »
Just imagine a football league where you could concentrate on the managers, the players, the tactics, how good they were on the day and the results afterwards.

Imagine that.

We used to have that once. When did that really go? Is there a way to get that back?

I'm bored shitless even talking about this any more. Is there a solution? Football is a very, very simple game. Why is this a problem every fucking week?

No.

In some years the referee will be an AI.

The PGMOL dickheads are out of the way, but sadly for us, the data the LLM will be trained on will be based on the shite biased decisions made against Liverpool for as long back as there are stats available. Meaning fucking us over will be deemed the "correct" way of action.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #25723 on: April 28, 2024, 02:36:49 pm »
The game is well and truly over.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25724 on: April 28, 2024, 09:22:46 pm »
All VAR has done is shown us that the officials are corrupt, not just shite.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25725 on: April 28, 2024, 09:39:53 pm »

The one thing that I can never understand is when Howard Webb says “We don’t want to re-referee the game”

Going to VAR is though so I’m not sure what the bent twat is on about.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25726 on: April 28, 2024, 10:06:46 pm »

Yep. Any other sport would have sacked the lot of them as they are unfit for purpose, however the PL is as corrupt as UEFA or FIFA
Jurgen YNWA

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #25727 on: April 28, 2024, 10:16:51 pm »

That's how it's setup though. The subjective decisions they can pick and choose which ones to intervene on. And does anyone really trust the offside process when such small fractions dictate whether goals are ruled out and ultimately whether games are won or lost like at Spurs today or the cup semi final last week.

At least without VAR you've got one referee who is accountable, at least in terms of reaction. VAR is generally faceless, although Forest changed that with the statement last week. I've seen us cheated more times in the last few years with VAR (by a combination of ref and VAR) than ever before that. Some of the goals we've had robbed off us by VAR is a scandal.

At least when offsides gets automated it's taken more out the hands of the referees, but what the last few years have shown us (with VAR ruining the game) is that technology should only come in if it's automated and it's quick, like goal-line tech or in theory with offsides. It's got no business getting involved in subjective decisions, or the farce of spending minutes drawing bloody lines for offsides. Imagine if goal-line tech had been sold to us a decade ago of "we'll be able to tell accurately if the ball has crossed the line, but it'll be some middle aged ref sat in a van somewhere drawing lines for 6 and a half minutes to see if all the ball crossed the line or not". We'd have told them not to bother and just use it when it's obvious from a normal freezeframe (like obviously the Villa-Sheff U game when they didn't switch it on and VAR ignored it - the one time it was actually needed). But it is an instant decision.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 10:30:04 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #25728 on: April 29, 2024, 08:07:09 am »

Imagine that.

It's basically every game, Andy. Odd how, through this staggering incompetence, 115 FC basically never get a shit decision given against them (Hooper against Spurs is the only one I can recall) while they have more than a few in their favour. Very strange.

I personally stopped watching games (sticking to brief highlights) after seeing Webb's lies, where he justified the refs not giving Mac a penalty for being booted in the chest. The fact such an obvious penalty wasn't given was bad enough, the complete gaslighting that followed was insulting to the intelligence. At that point I decided that was enough; nearly made that decision after the Spurs farce. I don't plan to watch much of any of next season either. As has been said in this thread, football is no longer the release it was for me. I feel very sad about it as it's a big part of my life but it's such an objectively bad sport now.

I did see the incident yesterday and can't quite believe it happened, nor can I believe that Taylor will get away with what amounts to outright cheating. Actually, I can believe it because that's how it is now. The English Premier League is a terrible product. It produces mainly poor quality, uninteresting football with the odd exciting game, but most games are decided by refs and whether they get major decisions right in what is a low scoring sport where one incorrect decision can change everything.

We have football 'fans' who swallow the lies being fed, mainly because it affects a team they don't like. Apparently, terrible reffing decisions are part of the game now. I don't want to waste my time on such a sport. Then we have the "in your face" cheating from certain clubs...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 08:09:41 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25729 on: April 29, 2024, 08:50:00 am »
That video where they show how they decide the frames and where the lines are drawn from for offside is so incredibly amateur hour I cannot believe we’re ruining the actual experience of watching a game of football for it.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25730 on: April 29, 2024, 08:53:25 am »
Said it since day one

VAR ruined football. It has absolutely fucked it in the arse with an inanimate carbon rod.

Let's say for example var you get 97% of decisions right and refs eyes get 95% right

Surely we'd all sacrifice that 2% to get our goddam game back.

Problem is, for big game decisions, referees get 50% right, at best.

Whenever they throw stats around that they get 95% of decisions correct or whatever that includes a player ballooning the ball over the stand and them rightly giving a goal kick for it (although after Taylor gave West Ham a goal kick for that Salah pass to Nunez at the weekend I'm not sure he'd even get something like that right).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #25731 on: April 29, 2024, 09:07:18 am »
The Gakpo debacle not even getting a mention in some big media outlets, podcasts etc. The Salah/Klopp situation distracted away from it probably.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25732 on: April 29, 2024, 09:38:58 am »
Reminds me of this, scroll to 1:00, yet this was allowed to stand

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/o1nIcDslWGk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/o1nIcDslWGk</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25733 on: April 29, 2024, 09:49:24 am »
The Gakpo debacle not even getting a mention in some big media outlets, podcasts etc. The Salah/Klopp situation distracted away from it probably.

I said this was likely to happen. It was so obvious.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25734 on: April 29, 2024, 10:06:55 am »
Said it since day one

VAR ruined football. It has absolutely fucked it in the arse with an inanimate carbon rod.

Let's say for example var you get 97% of decisions right and refs eyes get 95% right

Surely we'd all sacrifice that 2% to get our goddam game back.

Its not VAR though.
Its the corruption within PGMOL and the game, twisting and abusing VAR for their own shady outcomes.
Like Fernandes getting a penalty for standing on the defenders ankle while we get denied one for a kung fu kick to the chest.
The refs are bent not VAR.
VAR is just a tool and could be great if we had real professional referees instead of a manc boys club full of bias and on the take.

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25735 on: April 29, 2024, 10:10:00 am »
It's basically every game, Andy. Odd how, through this staggering incompetence, 115 FC basically never get a shit decision given against them (Hooper against Spurs is the only one I can recall) while they have more than a few in their favour. Very strange.

I personally stopped watching games (sticking to brief highlights) after seeing Webb's lies, where he justified the refs not giving Mac a penalty for being booted in the chest. The fact such an obvious penalty wasn't given was bad enough, the complete gaslighting that followed was insulting to the intelligence. At that point I decided that was enough; nearly made that decision after the Spurs farce. I don't plan to watch much of any of next season either. As has been said in this thread, football is no longer the release it was for me. I feel very sad about it as it's a big part of my life but it's such an objectively bad sport now.

I did see the incident yesterday and can't quite believe it happened, nor can I believe that Taylor will get away with what amounts to outright cheating. Actually, I can believe it because that's how it is now. The English Premier League is a terrible product. It produces mainly poor quality, uninteresting football with the odd exciting game, but most games are decided by refs and whether they get major decisions right in what is a low scoring sport where one incorrect decision can change everything.

We have football 'fans' who swallow the lies being fed, mainly because it affects a team they don't like. Apparently, terrible reffing decisions are part of the game now. I don't want to waste my time on such a sport. Then we have the "in your face" cheating from certain clubs...

This all day.
Only certain clubs suffer the most from "the incompetence"
That's not incompetence for me.
Its corruption.
The media also appear especially complicit with the corruption when its against us.
Not the first time the media have done that though.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25736 on: April 29, 2024, 10:15:33 am »
Reminds me of this, scroll to 1:00, yet this was allowed to stand

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/o1nIcDslWGk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/o1nIcDslWGk</a>

Shit show all round, yet still the most objectionable thing in the whole incident is Ferdinand being allowed to be stood between the assistant and ref whilst barking abuse at them, and then continuing to shout at  the assistant even after he’s got his way when they award the goal.

Scholes pushes Clattenburg as well. No action taken. No 6 match ban.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 10:22:05 am by Kekule »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25737 on: April 29, 2024, 10:15:42 am »
I'm at the stage now where. depending on who the officials are on Sunday, I'm going to sell my ticket to my mate.

Just fucking bored of the match-fixing in every game now.

I'll go to the last game as Jurgen is getting off, but next season - I'll review each game by official. In all the games I thought we'd be fucked over, we have been - so won't even bother watching them on the telly depending on the cheat c*nt match-fixing it.

Hopefully this will lead to less posts moaning, because I just won't see any of it. Also completely gibbed all other football of any kind. What's the fucking point of watching something that has been decided before kick off?

Football is a complete waste of money, time and effort. Loads more things I like doing that I actually enjoy. I'll be doing those a lot more next season.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25738 on: April 29, 2024, 10:19:59 am »
Its not VAR though.
Its the corruption within PGMOL and the game, twisting and abusing VAR for their own shady outcomes.
Like Fernandes getting a penalty for standing on the defenders ankle while we get denied one for a kung fu kick to the chest.
The refs are bent not VAR.
VAR is just a tool and could be great if we had real professional referees instead of a manc boys club full of bias and on the take.

Thats always been my take on it. The clue is in the name Video Assistant Referee. Its should be a brilliant tool, in a high paced game, for top level referees/officials to say "I'm not sure what happened there, lets have a look" and get to the correct decision, as pundits banged on about for years over TV replays.  The onfield officials should always make a decision, if they've not seen anything obvious, give a goal, if they need to check, flag it and review. Instead they treat it like an enemy, they are too scared (Atwell) to say to the referee "you need to look again", they use it for too much and they are trying to be too precise with offsides.

As someone said yesterday, if you have to draw a line for an offside, then the player is not getting an advantage. As PoP (Phase of Play) said, the offside law is to stop goal hanging, the law was not written to catch a toe being offside, it was written to catch players gaining an unfair advantage, the way offsides are judged is not in the spirit of the law and this implication error goes all the way up to Collina.
Jurgen YNWA

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25739 on: April 29, 2024, 10:30:59 am »
Taylor has the same look on his face that Hooper had when they fucked up the Diaz goal at Spurs. Sheer panic and a realisation that they'd have to cover their backs.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #25741 on: April 29, 2024, 11:07:59 am »
https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1784881836578992437?t=4TgjgoNPXGQFZq5Ul6kkiQ&s=19

That's absolutely right. The only thing I'd add is that the goalie had one thing on his mind through all of this - from the moment he caught the ball and dropped to the ground. Waste Time. Waste Time. Waste Time.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25742 on: April 29, 2024, 12:17:28 pm »
https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1784881836578992437?t=4TgjgoNPXGQFZq5Ul6kkiQ&s=19

Gallagher confirmed on Ref watch, if Cody had scored, under the LOTG it's a goal. None of us know why, but the irrefutable fact is that Taylor has outright fucking cheated us out of 2 pts there.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25743 on: April 29, 2024, 12:18:49 pm »
Ref Watch - The Gakpo incident

Gakpo incident a mess that could have been avoided'
INCIDENT: Anthony Taylor prevents Cody Gakpo from scoring after Alphonse Areola put the pull down for a free-kick - despite the referee not awarding a foul.

DERMOT SAYS: "It's a mess that could have been avoided very easily.

"Areola grabs the ball - I think he collides with the post. Anthony Taylor, for whatever reason, signals advantage.

"But when he goes back upfield, Areola throws the ball the the ground. The referee sees it, blows up and decides the goalkeeper needs treatment.

"He's dug himself out well by seeing Gakpo's closing in and the player needs treatment, but one wonders if it had gone in the net...

"But he originally decided he didn't need treatment. That's where he makes the mistake - he turns his back on the ball. For that period, you're not in control of the situation."

The bit in bold....what does that mean exactly?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25744 on: April 29, 2024, 12:30:37 pm »

Glad to see one of the worst decisions in any match this season hasn't been brushed under the carpet just yet

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25745 on: April 29, 2024, 12:34:26 pm »
We must ask for audio of this situation.
There is literally not a single redeeming point for Taylor.
He did it to stop us from scoring.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25746 on: April 29, 2024, 12:37:54 pm »
Gallagher confirmed on Ref watch, if Cody had scored, under the LOTG it's a goal. None of us know why, but the irrefutable fact is that Taylor has outright fucking cheated us out of 2 pts there.

He can only mean that if Taylor hasn't blown up.

It's over at that stage as Taylor has stopped the game. All that happens before Gakpo is at the ball

Not going to happen

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25747 on: April 29, 2024, 12:39:41 pm »

I checked and he's been a ref since 2002 (when he was 23), so he's one of the most experienced refs around. All these "incompetence" excuses don't really carry water unless he had a bad head injury last summer.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25748 on: April 29, 2024, 12:41:37 pm »
He can only mean that if Taylor hasn't blown up.

It's over at that stage as Taylor has stopped the game. All that happens before Gakpo is at the ball

Not going to happen

Yeah that was what they meant - that's why the c*nt whistled, he fucking knew Areola was fine, he told him about 3 or 4 times to get up and get on with it. Warnock said, Cody shouldn't have asked if it was OK and instead just nipped in and put it away, that would have screwed Taylor right up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25749 on: April 29, 2024, 12:44:53 pm »
Yeah that was what they meant - that's why the c*nt whistled, he fucking knew Areola was fine, he told him about 3 or 4 times to get up and get on with it. Warnock said, Cody shouldn't have asked if it was OK and instead just nipped in and put it away, that would have screwed Taylor right up.

At least Nunez would have put it over the crossbar to remove any doubt. (*hides*)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25750 on: April 29, 2024, 12:46:10 pm »

I'm honestly a bit sick of this narrative, this isn't aimed at you. I watched it in the pub and they didn't have the audio on.

But the clip I've seen since shows Taylor blow up before Gakpo turns around.
Am I missing something

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25751 on: April 29, 2024, 01:10:38 pm »
I'm honestly a bit sick of this narrative, this isn't aimed at you. I watched it in the pub and they didn't have the audio on.

But the clip I've seen since shows Taylor blow up before Gakpo turns around.
Am I missing something
He did and that's why Gakpo stopped but I think the point is that if Gakpo had pretended not to hear the whistle and scored then what would Taylor have done?  I can think of a little Uruguayan that would have smashed that one in and taken the risk of a yellow.

Not a criticism of Gakpo, mind, he was probably as confused as everyone else by the passage of play.

I'm not sure if it's mental fatigue catching up with players but there have been some really idiotic decision making by players in recent weeks whereby refs have bailed them out.  Gabriel in the CL is another one where the ref made up some rules to save the defending team's blushes.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #25752 on: April 29, 2024, 01:23:56 pm »
He did and that's why Gakpo stopped but I think the point is that if Gakpo had pretended not to hear the whistle and scored then what would Taylor have done?  I can think of a little Uruguayan that would have smashed that one in and taken the risk of a yellow.

The rules state that when the whistle goes, the ball is dead, so had Gakpo kicked the ball and scored, it would not have counted.

That's not the issue here at all.

The issue here was and still is why he whistled in the first place. Either he's signalled "play on, no foul" or "foul, but advantage" when Aerola went up for the ball.

Play on: He has no grounds to stop play if Areola doesn't clearly signal that he requires assistance or another player doesn't draw his attention to a serious injury.

Advantage: He can blow the whistle if he considers that there was a foul (though he didn't signal one at any point), or if he saw there was a foul but WH retained control of the ball initially, but then no advantage accrued. While I suppose he could argue that no advantage accrued, he'd be hard pressed to justify it as everyone gave the GK space and the GK then casually rolled the ball in front of himself.
However, as he gave a drop ball to restart the game, he's signalling that he didn't consider that the break in play was due to a foul, only a stoppage for injury.
Areola thinking that it was a kick-out or a free kick is not grounds to blow the whistle.

So, by elimination, he's blown the whistle because he sees that Areola thinks it's a free kick, realised he shouldn't have, and fabricated the injury instead.

It may have been an honest mistake, but it's a huge one.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25753 on: April 29, 2024, 01:31:16 pm »
Exactly. I've been critical of Gakpo this season..but this is all on that bald Manc prick.

He's shit his kecks big time.

Honestly wild that a linesman elbowing our left back is only the third maddest thing that's happened to us in just over 12 months

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25754 on: April 29, 2024, 01:32:53 pm »
'the referee has done well to dig himself out of a hole', courtesy of Dermot Gallagher on Sky 🙄

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25755 on: April 29, 2024, 01:34:57 pm »
:thumbup

I meant more that if Gakpo had scored then it would have forced it into a bigger issue.  Taylor would have had to justify why he blew his whistle and disallowed the goal rather than the theoretical that is currently is.  As it stands it's had almost zero attention, certainly far less than the Gabriel (non-)handball against Bayern.

I've been the ref for my sons' teams a few times and when you see your son's team - or worse your own son - make crazy decisions it's very hard not to intervene.  Taylor seemingly telling Areola to go down comes across as that sort of subconscious bias.  Maybe home team bias, maybe underdog bias, maybe anti-LFC bias - but certainly seems like something that wouldn't have happened at the other end of the pitch.  I guess we'll never know for sure though.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #25756 on: April 29, 2024, 01:35:22 pm »
yet again outright lies go unchallenged on sky. warnock questioned why Gakpo looked round which gave Taylor the opportunity to blow the whistle, he didnt . Gakpo runs toward the ball then hears a whistle THEN turns around. we HAVE to ask for the audio. it will prove once and for all if taylor did say 'go down' to the keeper, if he did he can surely never referee in the top league again. If they dont release the audio its just as bad - we'll all say its because he admitted he fucked up. whichever only a complete biased group would give Taylor a Liverpool game again, and we know he'll probably get jurgens last home game.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #25757 on: April 29, 2024, 01:44:08 pm »
yet again outright lies go unchallenged on sky. warnock questioned why Gakpo looked round which gave Taylor the opportunity to blow the whistle, he didnt . Gakpo runs toward the ball then hears a whistle THEN turns around. we HAVE to ask for the audio. it will prove once and for all if taylor did say 'go down' to the keeper, if he did he can surely never referee in the top league again. If they dont release the audio its just as bad - we'll all say its because he admitted he fucked up. whichever only a complete biased group would give Taylor a Liverpool game again, and we know he'll probably get jurgens last home game.

Actually he does look around. It's hard to say whether he's looking at the lino or for the referee. But he does look before he breaks into a run. I thought at the time he was looking for 'permission' to go. And surely it was a sign of fair play on his part. At that point no one stopped him. It was only when he reached the ball that the ref blew his whistle.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25758 on: April 29, 2024, 01:53:57 pm »

Imagine that.

The solution is to ditch VAR. We can accept referees making errors in a split second incident (i.e Pre Var) but having multiple refs with several camera angles and replays yet still making errors is just a joke.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #25759 on: April 29, 2024, 02:03:28 pm »
Keeper catches the ball, has hold of it, ref waves play on after he gets up, keeper lobs the ball on the floor meaning it's fair game to then play, Gakpo runs to it to score, ref blows the whiste to stop him.

That's literally it. All this conjecture 'he did this, he did that' that's literally it.

So it's either he didn't want us to score, or he's saving the keeper from a collosal mistake (ala Gabriel in the CL). Personally I think it's both. There is literally no reason for him to blow the whistle. He waved play on, once the keeper lobs it on the floor, that's it, play on, anyone can touch it. But no, blows so the keeper is saved from a mistake.

It's bizarre. And corrupt.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.