Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195570 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #27960 on: March 24, 2023, 07:42:24 pm »
Off the BBC feed.

For some reason, Everton's accounts always have a lot of pictures in them. I hope 21/22 accounts include this one.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27961 on: March 24, 2023, 07:50:00 pm »
That would be my guess, unless this case is already cut and dried... start next season minus 20.

I'd rather them have minus 20 this season, and then the Football League slapping them with minus 20 next season.

Dyche has steadied the ship slightly, results wise at least. I hope this hits them like a rogue wave. Nothing worse for a team than playing with uncertainty.

I wonder - supposing they escape relegation this season, but the investigation finds against them in the summer?  Surely the PL would be within their rights to relegate them retrospectively and reinstate a relegated club. If, say, Leeds went down in 18th place and Everton finished 17th - I'd be furious as a Leeds fan to see Everton get slapped with a points deduction for NEXT season. Especially as this investigation is up to the period where they barely escaped relegation last season.

That would arguably be two seasons in the PL that Everton have effectively stolen; and even with a points deduction, no guarantee that they wouldn't escape next year.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #27962 on: March 24, 2023, 07:53:41 pm »
HELLO, HELLO! HERE WE GO!

Worrying Times™
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 07:55:17 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #27963 on: March 24, 2023, 07:55:10 pm »
Can't say I'm in any way surprised by this. It's always been my belief that a financial shit storm was going to land on their door step one day

I've also never bought the idea that a club as badly mismanaged as Everton could ever pull off the building of a new stadium

I don't care how much work has been completed on BMD, it will never host a competitive game of football. Ever! Mark my words!

Arguably the greatest white elephant ever spun on a fanbase in the history of the sport

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27964 on: March 24, 2023, 07:59:59 pm »
HELLO, HELLO! HERE WE GO!

Worrying Times™

I hope Paul Gerrard is involved in this somehow.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #27965 on: March 24, 2023, 08:04:13 pm »
The FFP thread on GOT is a disgrace. Most haven’t even tried looking at the annual accounts on their own website. Lot of blame for LFC as part of wider conspiracies. A whole lot of what aboutery. Zero ownership of the fact they are being mismanaged. Most seem to think they will get a slap on the wrists. Nobody is pointing fingers at their owner.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 08:49:12 pm by DonkeyWan »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #27966 on: March 24, 2023, 08:07:02 pm »
Circling the drain now, have been for a few years. They can stay up again this year, hell maybe even do it again next year, but with everything going on behind the scenes *IT* is going to happen, surely.

Many asking have they started blaming us yet. What else did you expect to happen  ;D

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27967 on: March 24, 2023, 08:08:09 pm »
I understand the lack of trust when it comes to the FA and Premier League, but we don't know this for sure. My hope is still that both clubs are punished accordingly for their crimes. I've absolutely no sympathy for either fanbase if they do get screwed over. They can both cry to each other about how it's all been one big RS conspiracy in the lower leagues, for all I care.
HEAR BLOODY HEAR!

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27968 on: March 24, 2023, 08:23:12 pm »
Blues cheating and first thing that comes to their twisted minds  ;D

https://twitter.com/davidmorganefc/status/1639320558373306382

This is the simpleton tweet he responded to. I give you Baz from ToffeeTV:

Baz
@THT1878
Threaten to leave the
@premierleague
 and destroy football and get a slap on the wrist , try to spend your own money and get charged 🤣🤣🤣 But Corruption in Football doesn’t exist 🤣🤣🤣🤣 of course it doesn’t 🤣🤣🤣🤣 what a league !
5:00 pm · 24 Mar 2023
·
 Views

https://twitter.com/THT1878/status/1639311148699861007

"ALWAYS THE VICTIMS, IT'S NEVER THEIR FAULT..."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 08:24:44 pm by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27969 on: March 24, 2023, 08:24:42 pm »
This is all part of the decades long RS conspiracy against the Ev, Clive Thomas, Collina, etc etc ad infinitum, this is now the endgame of the plot, waiting until they were building their State of the art©®™ stadium before pulling the rug out from beneath them, Kopite behaviour through and through.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27970 on: March 24, 2023, 08:26:42 pm »

They’re clueless, on about leaving the league. They are literally being done for FFP, recorded record losses and they still don’t and can’t comprehend the seriousness of it.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27971 on: March 24, 2023, 08:27:34 pm »

It always amazes how fans of these clubs can't realise how one person investing personal wealth into a club is a bad idea.

They've also been protesting against Moshiri and the board all season. They should be using this news to put more pressure on them if they really want them out, and use the angle that the fans shouldn't be punished for their gross mismanagement. But no. It's the RS.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27972 on: March 24, 2023, 08:30:47 pm »
They’re clueless, on about leaving the league. They are literally being done for FFP, recorded record losses and they still don’t and can’t comprehend the seriousness of it.

They've been told countless times the ESL was going to replace the CL not Premier League games, but they won't listen. They just make themselves look like clueless idiots coming out with that shite.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #27973 on: March 24, 2023, 08:39:42 pm »
I think the most important thing to remember with the ESL is that....it didn't actually go ahead. Whereas they have certainly made eye watering loss after eye watering loss over the past few years.

''We don't care what imaginary league the Redshite are going to''.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27974 on: March 24, 2023, 08:42:10 pm »
They've also been protesting against Moshiri and the board all season.

This is the funniest thing about it.

"An owner should be able to spend their money however they want" but also "not this owner, he needs to fuck off as he's not spent his money how we want".

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #27975 on: March 24, 2023, 08:47:33 pm »
Is this likely to drag out for a few years like the city saga will

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27976 on: March 24, 2023, 08:47:37 pm »
This is the funniest thing about it.

"An owner should be able to spend their money however they want" but also "not this owner, he needs to fuck off as he's not spent his money how we want".
He actually has spent his money how they wanted him too, they’ve ‘won’ many a transfer window. He’s just run out of/ can no longer spend Uncle Uzzy’s money. That’s the problem.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27977 on: March 24, 2023, 08:49:28 pm »
Just catching up on this.

Has the Bullens Wall spoke yet?
Sales of bedsheets at retailers on County Road and in Rhyl have went up 800% in the last few hours, so expect the natives to show their discontent shortly.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27978 on: March 24, 2023, 08:50:03 pm »

Doubt it. They don't have the same legal backing as Man City.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27979 on: March 24, 2023, 08:54:35 pm »
"Try to spend your own money and get charged."

Yeah - how much have Everton spent again over the past decade?  Maybe if they hadn't engaged in some crazy pissing contest trying to keep up with their neighbours and stay relevant they wouldn't be in this mess to begin with?

They've done this to themselves. Nobody forced it on them. If I were an Everton fan, I'd be far more worried about the financial state of my club than what my rivals were up to. Spent an absolute fucking fortune to get stuck in an annual relegation battle. Everton That.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27980 on: March 24, 2023, 08:56:11 pm »
Here is poor Catcherintherye not understanding how Chelsea got around the FFP rules.

Andrew Holden
@iamandrewholden
@Everton
 have breached FFP?
@ChelseaFC
  spent about a billion in January! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 #farce #corrupt #stinkstohighheaven
8:41 pm · 24 Mar 2023
·
 Views

https://twitter.com/iamandrewholden/status/1639366919068307465

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #27981 on: March 24, 2023, 09:03:19 pm »
Here's a thought. Everton get relegated this season and a point deduction for next season. They will be League 1 in two years.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27982 on: March 24, 2023, 09:04:21 pm »
Catcher is a moron. He doesn't seem to get that what Chelsea have done isn't relevant. The issue is what EVERTON have done.

Whether Chelsea are held to account is an issue for another day. It doesn't change Everton's situation at all.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27983 on: March 24, 2023, 09:33:46 pm »
About fucking time.

Wonder what's set this off?

If they want to throw the book at City for FFP violations, they can't have set a precedent by letting Everton off

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #27984 on: March 24, 2023, 09:36:52 pm »
Catcher is a moron. He doesn't seem to get that what Chelsea have done isn't relevant. The issue is what EVERTON have done.

Whether Chelsea are held to account is an issue for another day. It doesn't change Everton's situation at all.

Logic and Everton supporter does not go together.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #27985 on: March 24, 2023, 09:37:41 pm »
Torygraph reporting that they are struggling to find funding for the stadium. They are fucked.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27986 on: March 24, 2023, 09:39:48 pm »
Torygraph reporting that they are struggling to find funding for the stadium. They are fucked.
Link please!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #27987 on: March 24, 2023, 09:53:16 pm »
They see things we'll never see

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #27988 on: March 24, 2023, 09:55:27 pm »
Link please!

Just a 1 liner

They are due to move to a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock in 2025 although it is understood there have been difficulties in funding the project.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27989 on: March 24, 2023, 09:56:37 pm »
About time this happened, should have been this time last when these charges were handed out, the Pl should be relieved Burnley are going up this season, if they were not i reckon they could have had a decent shout to take the PL to court.

They have been the worst run Football club since Moshiri took over, pissed £700 million against a wall and had how many managers while somehow spending another £700 million on a Stadium they cannot afford with pay day loans it seems.

Utter mess of a Club.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #27990 on: March 24, 2023, 10:05:26 pm »
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Toffees seem to think they haven't been charged with FFP violations.

However, the PL referred Everton to an Independent Commission.

Which means the FA have found a breach or breaches with FFP, and the referral is so that the Independent Commission can review the situation and determine the penalty if found guilty.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27991 on: March 24, 2023, 10:06:44 pm »
Link please!

Everton face points deduction threat after Premier League FFP charge
Club alleged to have broken league's spending rules after recording a £371.8m loss over three years and could face range of sanctions

By
John Percy
24 March 2023 • 5:53pm
Everton are facing the threat of a points deduction or heavy fine after being charged by the Premier League with breaching financial rules.

After recording mammoth losses of £371.8 million over three years, Everton are alleged to have broken the League's Profitability and Sustainability rules (previously known as Financial Fair Play) in the period ending for the 2021-22 season and are in danger of punishment.

Premier League clubs are allowed to lose a maximum of £105 million over three years but Everton's big spending in the transfer window under owner Farhad Moshiri means they could face a number of sanctions.

Potential punishments include a points deduction, heavy fine and spending restrictions, but the Premier League's move to charge Everton is regarded as significant. Everton are currently two points above the relegation zone but a deduction this season, if it was to be applied, would almost certainly send them down to the Championship.

Towards the end of last season Burnley - who were relegated to the second tier  - and Leeds both indicated they were prepared to take legal action against the league and Everton if breaches were proven.

Around £700 million has been spent by Everton on more than 50 players since Moshiri's takeover seven years ago, including high-profile arrivals Amadou Onana (£31.5m), Alex Iwobi (£28m) and Yerry Mina (£27m).

They are due to move to a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock in 2025 although it is understood there have been difficulties in funding the project.

Moshiri and his long-time business partner Alisher Usmanov, a Kremlin-friendly Russian businessman, were joint-owners of USM Holdings until Moshiri ended his interest with the firm after Russia attacked Ukraine.

After taking over at Goodison, Moshiri used his USM connections to arrange the naming rights to the club's Finch Farm training ground and matchday sponsorship at Goodison Park, as well as first option on naming rights at Bramley Moore Dock. Those deals ended when Usmanov was sanctioned by the Government because of his links to the Russian government.

Everton have been working formally with the league in a bid to meet regulations but the club will now be referred to an independent commission. There is no time frame yet on when the case will be heard, but it is thought unlikely that any decision will be made this season.

It is understood Everton’s losses cover four seasons from 2018-19 to 2021-22, with the two campaigns affected by Covid-19 put together and averaged out. Everton announced losses of £120.9 million last March. There were also reported losses in the three years before that – the highest being £139.9 million – and £13.1 million in 2018.

Everton said in a statement last night it was "disappointed" to hear of yesterday's developments.

It added: "The Club strongly contests the allegation of non-compliance and together with its independent team of experts is entirely confident that it remains compliant with all financial rules and regulations.

"Everton is prepared to robustly defend its position to the commission. The Club has, over several years, provided information to the Premier League in an open and transparent manner and has consciously chosen to act with the utmost good faith at all times. The Club will not be making any further comment at this time.

The Premier League's statement read: "In accordance with Premier League Rule W.82.1, the Premier League confirms that it has today referred an alleged breach of the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules by Everton Football Club to a Commission under Premier League Rule W.3.4. The assessment period for which it is alleged that the Club is in breach is the period ending Season 2021/22.

"Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The members of the Commission will be appointed by the independent Chair of the Premier League Judicial Panel, in accordance with Premier League Rules W.19, W.20 and W.26.

"The proceedings before the Commission will, in accordance with Premier League Rule W.82, be confidential and heard in private. Under Premier League Rule W.82.2, the Commission’s final award will be published on the Premier League’s website. The League will be making no further comment until that time."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 10:08:26 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27992 on: March 24, 2023, 10:10:25 pm »
This lot deserve some proper media scrutiny. That whole toxic club needs exposing. 

It's way past time everyone else sees that club for what it is, and what we've always known.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27993 on: March 24, 2023, 11:05:24 pm »
Hopefully they go out of business/existence.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #27994 on: March 24, 2023, 11:10:18 pm »
Reading the ev response is like something from the Man City playbook. The pair of them ignorant and shameful in their response to being, well, caught out. If only they still had a dodgy Russian and the rogues of Liverpool city Council - Hatton, Anderson and Barr to bail them out.

Hope they get fkd once and for all.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #27995 on: March 24, 2023, 11:11:42 pm »
One very famous football club said to me two or three days ago 'whenever we have a problem we say 'what would the Everton board do because they always get it right'.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #27996 on: March 24, 2023, 11:22:18 pm »
One very famous football club said to me two or three days ago 'whenever we have a problem we say 'what would the Everton board do because they always get it right'.
Corrie street Rita asked me again tonight and the only answer I could give was never mind the board ask the bullens wall.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27997 on: March 24, 2023, 11:26:31 pm »

No because this is black and white.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27998 on: March 24, 2023, 11:27:42 pm »
Doubt it. They don't have the same legal backing as Man City.

It's not even that. Your accounts are your accounts....its an open and closed case.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #27999 on: March 24, 2023, 11:29:02 pm »
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Toffees seem to think they haven't been charged with FFP violations.

However, the PL referred Everton to an Independent Commission.

Which means the FA have found a breach or breaches with FFP, and the referral is so that the Independent Commission can review the situation and determine the penalty if found guilty.

They haven't been charged with FFP rules that is UEFA.

They have been charged with breaking the Premier league's Profit and sustainability rules.

It has nothing to do with the FA. The Premier League is a private company owned by its member clubs that sets its own rules. Everton has breached P&S rules has been charged and have been referred to an Independent panel.
"Ohhh-kayyy"