Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195812 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #28080 on: March 25, 2023, 04:40:04 pm »
Bit harsh on Simon Weston that. I'd have said Mickey Rourke. Big in the 80s but now you can barely recognise him.

Yeah but Simon Weston was fucked over by a war, maybe a tenuous link though considering it only happened to him once...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28081 on: March 25, 2023, 04:51:13 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28082 on: March 25, 2023, 04:53:49 pm »
The difficulty for the PL is that they passed those accounts by accepting the most ludicrous of excuses. Nobody else bought the idea that Everton incurred the greatest Covid losses (by a country mile) and it's hard to see where they go from there re. excuses for financial mismanagement.

I don't think it's difficult for them at all. If promises were made by Moshiri and were not kept, the PL are well within their rights to re-evaluate their finances. But if they got a grace period then the expected punishment should be all the harsher if they've blown it.

I just hope the punishment is applied this season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28083 on: March 25, 2023, 04:56:12 pm »
Yeah but Simon Weston was fucked over by a war, maybe a tenuous link though considering it only happened to him once...

Yeah, but Simon Weston only became famous (in a fashion) AFTER what had happened to him. And he didn't choose to end up like that.

Whereas Mickey Rourke (and Everton) were famous, and went down a path that has left them almost unrecognisable from their peak.  Everton chose this.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #28084 on: March 25, 2023, 05:04:01 pm »
The Esk has spoken! Some of them ain’t going to like his realistic take on things though.

https://toffeeweb.com/season/22-23/comment/editorial/43340.html

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28085 on: March 25, 2023, 05:12:44 pm »
And the PL signed this off:

Absolute joke.

Long time coming for these clowns.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #28086 on: March 25, 2023, 05:16:30 pm »
I think we will be found guilty of breaching the £105m limit. I suspect it will be a sporting sanction, transfer embargo and point deduction in 23/24 season. It's not going to be resolved this season (The Esk)

Oh please mate, wouldn't that be something
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28087 on: March 25, 2023, 05:16:44 pm »

That last post. :lmao Do they seriously believe FSG are a diplomatic arm of the United States? :lmao Yes lad, LeBron is doing Biden's dirty work exerting 'soft power' in the UK.

Someone hasn't come out of their basement in a while. Qanon has nothing on this lot.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 05:21:54 pm by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #28088 on: March 25, 2023, 05:19:22 pm »
The Esk has spoken! Some of them ain’t going to like his realistic take on things though.

This comment:
Mal van Schaick
10 Posted 25/03/2023 at 17:01:10Looks like a stitch up to me. The Premier League has lead us down the garden path, by apparently signing off our dealings and then back tracked on the accounts and left is in limbo.
Everton should rebuff the allegations and wheel out accountants and prove that they were signed off and approved. The Everton should make counter allegations about the Premier League and it’s own failings in this matter.
;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #28089 on: March 25, 2023, 05:20:13 pm »
And the PL signed this off:

Jeez, didn't know Covid had such a selective targeting capabilities withing parts of a city, never mind a counrty...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28090 on: March 25, 2023, 05:26:08 pm »
This comment:  ;D

:lmao

"It's the PL's fault because they didn't sanction us last year!"

By all means, wheel out the accountants you no longer have to tell everyone that everything was above board. You colossal numpty. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28091 on: March 25, 2023, 05:30:09 pm »
This might be a Bury.    Rename themselves Bitter FC

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #28092 on: March 25, 2023, 05:31:52 pm »
What planet do these idiots live on at all? ;D

Cosmic sausages. Those 5G masts are homing beacons for aliens
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28093 on: March 25, 2023, 05:46:52 pm »
They let them write off 170 million pounds worth of losses as Covid related when Goodison makes about 20 million a season with matchday revenue.

They literally let them cook their books and circumvent their own rules without any punishment which has allowed them to stay in the PL at the expense of others. And they'll stay up again.
Seems an oddly timed message to be stating that the PL colluded with Everton and didn't punish them..

Do you think it might be best to chill out for a little and wait and see, before trying to second guess the outcome and saying the PL have been helping them

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28094 on: March 25, 2023, 05:48:01 pm »
Also the 30 million they got as a sweetener for USM to be able just to have first dibs on naming rights , how that was allowed to be legitimate I don’t know , was as bad as city asking for more sponsorship payments for the previous season through etihad

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28095 on: March 25, 2023, 05:50:36 pm »

Worrying times when the Esk says this…..

I think we will be found guilty of breaching the £105M limit. I suspect it will be a sporting sanction, transfer embargo and point deduction in 2023-24 season. It's not going to be resolved this season.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28096 on: March 25, 2023, 05:57:41 pm »
This might be a Bury.    Rename themselves Bitter FC
Boo-ry.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #28097 on: March 25, 2023, 05:57:43 pm »
I wasn't trying to say Kenwright was blameless. But I think it's a mistake to say he was malicious or selfish in his actions either. His actions need context.
The fact that he surrounds himself with so many "yes men" is enough of a red flag for me. Any competent CEO would have sorted out the books by now or run a mile (as Trevor Birch did). DBB is way out of her depth but wll do and say whatever suits Bill. She is way out of her depth and should never have been given the job.
When it came to appointing a "football person" to the Board, the blindingly obvious candidate was Neville Southall. He's an Everton legend but is also hugely respected on our side of Stanley Park and throughout the game. Most important of all, he calls it as he sees it. He was the perfect person to go in and stir up the failing status quo. Who did Kenwright appoint? Graeme "Null-and-Void" Sharp - the man who sent out the message during lockdown that club formally dared not and who never says boo to a goose.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28098 on: March 25, 2023, 05:58:46 pm »
Uh oh… even more worrying times … the stadium is in real doubt now

I’m growing to like this Esk character
Re search for investment, I understand no-one is even close to valuing the equity at a similar level to Moshiri's valuation. Some interest from investors in providing junior debt. However the cost of that funding is extremely high, coupons in the low to mid teen range. Not great

With financing costs so high it reduces the financial benefit of the new stadium. If Moshiri issues more equity it costs him, if the club takes on the debt it costs the club. Down to Moshiri
What interest are Everton being quoted?

Rate of interest on the debt, 13/14% for example
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #28099 on: March 25, 2023, 06:04:32 pm »
Seems an oddly timed message to be stating that the PL colluded with Everton and didn't punish them..

Do you think it might be best to chill out for a little and wait and see, before trying to second guess the outcome and saying the PL have been helping them

They let them write off 170 million pound as Covid losses on accounts they signed off on. They've been taking the piss for years and the PL at best have looked the other way and they'll still be in the PL next season as a direct result.

The league have been forced into finally doing something, so we'll see what comes of it, but they were happy for Everton to be used as a money laundering operation for Usmanov until the war broke out.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 06:10:01 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28100 on: March 25, 2023, 06:11:52 pm »
They let them write off 170 million pound as Covid losses on accounts they signed off on. They've been taking the piss for years and the PL at best have looked the other way and they'll still be in the PL next season as a direct result.

The league have been forced into finally doing something, so we'll see what comes of it, but they were happy for Everton to be used as a money laundering operation for Usmanov until the war broke off.
As I said, looks like youve picked the wrong week to say the league colluded with Everton - there's a news story developing that was announced in the past 24 hours that suggests your idea the league let them get away with COVID losses might be a premature shout

I'm intrigued how you think the league was forced into doing something. is that an overly dramatic way of the saying that the league has written rules that everton are alleged to have broken, and so the league has responded with opening an investigation?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 06:13:28 pm by classycarra »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28101 on: March 25, 2023, 06:13:14 pm »
This time next year they'll all be Wrexham fans.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #28102 on: March 25, 2023, 06:17:08 pm »
This time next year they'll all be Wrexham fans.

Can't see that, Wrexham play in red. ;)
#Sausages

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28103 on: March 25, 2023, 06:34:07 pm »
The Esk is a cult hero on Rawk.

Remember the excitement on Fridays here and GoT to see his Friday morning exclusive own transfer rumours that never happened that ended with the immortal 3 words of "Usual Caveats Apply". ;D

#Legend
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28104 on: March 25, 2023, 06:53:02 pm »
I think two things in the wider context will hurt Everton. The Prem wants to stave off an independent regulator, so it will want to be tougher on this sort of thing to demonstrate it can handle its own affairs. I also think a big name precedent, should they punish Everton, will help the Prem to follow through on sanctioning Man City.

The Esk seems sensible. I don’t think a points deduction is in order this season. That is fundamentally changing the competitive landscape three quarters of the way through. Let this season play out. Hit Everton with a 10pt deduction for the start of next season, whatever league they are in, and add a transfer ban.

That would all seem sensible enough. If the stadium project falls apart because Everton can’t get the money, that is not the Prem’s fault. The Prem should enact punishment, and if there are subsequent knock on effects, so be it.

And then on to Man City, with the precedent of Everton in play for the Premier League. Only this time, City’s 100+ charges are seen as much more of a transgression, over multiple years too. The same points deduction and transfer ban that Everton got won’t nearly suffice. What further censure is required? Relegation? Stripping away titles?

If the Prem can’t run a tight ship, the appointment of an independent regulator is urgent. The Prem will want to show that they can.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 06:55:06 pm by G Richards »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28105 on: March 25, 2023, 07:05:07 pm »
I don’t think a points deduction is in order this season. That is fundamentally changing the competitive landscape three quarters of the way through. Let this season play out. Hit Everton with a 10pt deduction for the start of next season, whatever league they are in, and add a transfer ban.

I don't follow that logic at all. 

if they have cooked the books and broken the rules, they did it to give themselves and advantage now .... that is, they decided to change the competitive landscape before the season even started .... so why TF should they (eg) escape relegation after cheating and be given a chance next season to hang on by their fingernails yet again?

I really can't see other teams in the relegation zone going along with that for 2 seasons in a row.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 07:24:21 pm by SamLad »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #28106 on: March 25, 2023, 07:18:43 pm »
The Esk is a cult hero on Rawk.

Remember the excitement on Fridays here and GoT to see his Friday morning exclusive own transfer rumours that never happened that ended with the immortal 3 words of "Usual Caveats Apply". ;D

#Legend

Those caveats :lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28107 on: March 25, 2023, 07:31:51 pm »
Imagine where Everton would be without FFP forcing them to at least try and get their accounts in order and control their spending. They'd be bust already like what happened with Portsmouth.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #28108 on: March 25, 2023, 09:27:49 pm »
I've skipped lots of pages. Hopefully someone has suggested their keeper can help them evade the long am of law.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #28109 on: March 25, 2023, 09:29:15 pm »
I've skipped lots of pages. Hopefully someone has suggested their keeper can help them evade the long am of law.

No... I think you were first mate.  ;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28110 on: March 25, 2023, 09:32:39 pm »
Points deduction this season or next it makes no difference that's them down either way. They've been getting away with murder running the club like gangsters for years now and in the long term dropping down a division or two will do them good.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #28111 on: March 25, 2023, 09:33:55 pm »
No... I think you were first mate.  ;D
Nah, that statement makes him the Captain.  ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #28112 on: March 25, 2023, 11:31:23 pm »
Everton FC

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #28113 on: March 25, 2023, 11:35:24 pm »
Those caveats :lmao

Only the usual ones...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28114 on: March 26, 2023, 12:11:52 am »
I don't follow that logic at all. 

if they have cooked the books and broken the rules, they did it to give themselves and advantage now .... that is, they decided to change the competitive landscape before the season even started .... so why TF should they (eg) escape relegation after cheating and be given a chance next season to hang on by their fingernails yet again?

I really can't see other teams in the relegation zone going along with that for 2 seasons in a row.
Exactly, Imagine you are Leeds and your relegation rivals have been let off the hook twice while you dangle around the drop
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28115 on: March 26, 2023, 12:13:55 am »

I would think this is what Moshiri's yacht will look like in Bramley Dock in a few years time
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28116 on: March 26, 2023, 08:08:00 am »
If there's any real justice, they would be automatically relegated now, this season, and be made to start next season with a points deduction.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28117 on: March 26, 2023, 09:06:39 am »

This will be Everton's defence. The PL had backed them all their way with their bullshit. The PL are complicit in this with Everton and have utterly fucked it. I hope the relegated clubs go to war over it this year.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28118 on: March 26, 2023, 10:26:05 am »

This will be Everton's defence. The PL had backed them all their way with their bullshit. The PL are complicit in this with Everton and have utterly fucked it. I hope the relegated clubs go to war over it this year.

The Premier League will have a very different interpretation of these meetings I'm sure. They're not going to have charged them if there is anything on record where they unequivocally tell them that they're fine.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28119 on: March 26, 2023, 10:41:38 am »
The Premier League will have a very different interpretation of these meetings I'm sure. They're not going to have charged them if there is anything on record where they unequivocally tell them that they're fine.

Mad how they were allowed to spend 80 mill last summer and have a couple of big wage signings on free transfers. They managed to get Richarlison sale onto the previous years accounts by forcing the sale through in the day before the operating period ended. They've been taking the piss for years and were allowed to fob the league off with 170 million pound of Covid losses, at the time, despite the complaints of Burnley and Leeds who found that unfathomable.

I just find it crazy how they've been allowed to get to this point and will still be in the PL next season due to the failure of the PL to act.