Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 608996 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Sat in the garden watching bluetit parents going in and out of their nest box feeding their young.  It's incredible the amount of effort they put in every day!

Good job we supply a plentiful array of supplements to keep them going ☺️

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
We've got the annual invasion of baby Starlings in the garden now. They are a bunch of lunatics. I love them. 😍
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We've got the annual invasion of baby Starlings in the garden now. They are a bunch of lunatics. I love them. 😍

We don't get starlings till the autumn but we're inundated with sparrows now.

There's probably half a dozen nests in the conservatory roof space alone and they've all fledged at the same time 😂

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
The different women I most care about being, on this same day, happy and sorted with massive worries out the way

I mean I hope the lads are all good too

But when the women I know are happy

Then I can relax  :D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
The different women I most care about being, on this same day, happy and sorted with massive worries out the way

I mean I hope the lads are all good too

But when the women I know are happy

Then I can relax  :D

Until anyone of them finds out you're relaxed... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Haha

Second pint of Dortmunder is being all the more savoured as it may be the last  ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Soft-boiled eggs with toasted soldiers to dip 😁

I'm such a simple creature 😂

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

I think they’d be more concerned about how he achieved his state of relaxation.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
The baby Starlings again. They've worked out that if they all stand on the net on the pond it dips down into the water and they can all have a bath. They've been splashing around and having a great time.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:19:40 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Aww starlings!!

Was in a pub today after the game. Couple of women come up to me and set a pint down, one goes "Excuse me, I can't drink this and we have to go, very sorry to trouble you but would you "

Me: are you asking me if I want a free pint?

Her: yes!

Then they go outside into a cab

Always happy to help, that's me.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Aww starlings!!

Was in a pub today after the game. Couple of women come up to me and set a pint down, one goes "Excuse me, I can't drink this and we have to go, very sorry to trouble you but would you "

Me: are you asking me if I want a free pint?

Her: yes!

Then they go outside into a cab

Always happy to help, that's me.

If you'd told them you were relaxed, they'd have given the pint someone else...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Coming across random people like this when I'm out and about   :D

https://youtu.be/AjPnaUo6hkw

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
:thumbup.

My mate stood up and I said you're not fucking off are you, it was 1-1 at the time. He said no, I need to get away so going to stand in the aisle, I looked back at the pitch just as Kirkland launched it and then bedlam. My mate was grinning like a loon as he had seen the goal.

I work with an Arsenal fan who was in the away end that night, said he's never heard noise like it.

I remember watching Harry Kewell getting taken out & the next thing you knew the ball was in the back of the net. Had to double take when George announced it was scored by Neil Mellor.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
The smell in the house when you make your own onion bhajis.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Had an interview on Tuesday for a new role at the place I currently work…just been offered it. Pleasantly surprised…now got to figure out if I think I can do it but only one way to find out!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one Nick, well in  :wellin :champ :hally
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Had an interview on Tuesday for a new role at the place I currently work…just been offered it. Pleasantly surprised…now got to figure out if I think I can do it but only one way to find out!

By "do it" I presume you mean figure out if you can still spend half the day posting on RAWK in the new job?

Well done!

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
Congrats Nick!  8)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Well done, Nick.  :thumbup

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
By "do it" I presume you mean figure out if you can still spend half the day posting on RAWK in the new job?

Well done!

Say hello to the new Head Moderator.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care

well done mate  :wave

on a totally different path from that...

i just popped into town and was walking in the albert dock (no, not literally in the dock) and accidentally bumped into a guy in a wheelchair

and what made it worse was that he was very physically disabled - think stephen hawking - and he was having trouble controlling his movements and his speech but seemed to be getting around fine in his electric wheelchair

i apologised and offered my hand but felt awkward trying to shake his

but i did notice he had a lfc cap on so i said 'a fellow fan eh? there's only one club eh?' and i raised a clenched fist

he then beckoned me to come close

so i moved my head close to his and he was really struggling to say something

i felt embarrassed to say 'what was that?' but i did and he beckoned me closer

he struggled again but managed to say 'city'

i said 'yeh what a city, what a club eh?'

and he said 'no......no......city'

i said 'city, yeh?'

he beckoned me even closer and said 'fuckin twats eh?'

i just burst out laughing and he smiled and swiftly moved his wheelchair's joystick and was off like lightning
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
that's great  :)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well done to Nickl

And liverbloke :lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Getting a hand written letter from Darren in Dingle who is confident he can tell me all about being a Jehovah

Darren, Darren, Darren, Darren, Darren. You will get a reply. I am just concerned you won't like it, particularly the length and breadth of the discussion.

I am not the one who needs saved.

I am the one you need saving from, Darren.

Darren, Darren, Darren, Darren, Darren.  We must discuss the economy - and we have all the time in the world. Sit, sit!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Well done, Nick, when do you need the reference? ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Well done, Nick, when do you need the reference? ;D

Make sure you refer to my diligence and willingness to put in long hours. Just don’t tell them it’s on here.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Congrats Nick 👍

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
My daughter finally having her own party complete with a pirate theme and with other children. Last year chicken pox so cancelled and her first two were during the pandemic.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It'll be fine, everybody gets promoted until their unsuitable to their role, then the promotions stop and they stay there ;D

Congrats. :wave
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
It'll be fine, everybody gets promoted until their unsuitable to their role, then the promotions stop and they stay there ;D

Congrats. :wave

The Peter Principle.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Enjoying the sunny days and making my own cold drink mixes and the odd home made milkshake. One thing about making your own shakes it doesn't half make you appreciate how much sugar goes into the ones sold in the shops. It's takes a bit of getting used to drinking your own.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Congratulations  :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Say hello to the new Head Moderator.
Does that mean more or less time on here?  ;)

Congrats lad.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sitting outside by the fire with a beer watching multiple Firmino compilations. Going to miss him a lot.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Congrats.

Don't Julian Ward it. :D

I read that and thought of Julian Ward.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 02:14:45 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Getting home from hospital, after two surgeries.  Still feel like I've been kicked by a horse but it's nice to be home.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
^
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Millie.

Take care of yourself.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Getting home from hospital, after two surgeries.  Still feel like I've been kicked by a horse but it's nice to be home.

Welcome home! Hope you’re on the mend soon.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
receiving a hand-written thank you letter from a couple whose wedding we went to

they even mentioned our gift too (and got it right  :wave)

been to sooooo many weddings over the years where we've never even been thanked - and we've made the time to go, bought new clothes, spent out on travel and accommodation, and again on drinks as well as the obligatory present (usually dictated to from 'wedding' lists) and the majority of the time no one has personally said 'thank you' 'cept for the bit where you meet the said bride and groom on your way in and they say 'thank you for coming'

worse one was (i thought this was supposed to be 'things that make you happy'?) we had to fly to greece for a wedding and 4 months after this glorious occasion they split up - i wasn't happy - i wanted my money back! in fact, i wanted my gift back but my other half said 'don't you dare ask for it!'
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^^^. Just no manners some people mate and yes the personal touch makes the thank you even more appreciated ☺️

Going from having nothing to do to finding out my sister's arriving this afternoon for an overnight stay and tomorrow my niece and her family are coming to drop off their youngest to go and stay with my sister for the rest of the school hols.

It's great when you're in a beautiful spot and midway between families so people want to visit 😁