Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320364 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #5840 on: February 28, 2023, 06:40:14 pm »
Let's do something...anything.  :wave

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5841 on: March 2, 2023, 11:33:31 am »
Movie draft on the previous page?

I'm happy to set it up/run it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5842 on: March 2, 2023, 01:30:01 pm »
Yeah, do it.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5843 on: March 2, 2023, 03:34:42 pm »
I might be able to run it next week. The idea is pretty simple if someone else wants to take it on though.

Same categories as we've done throughout with tweaks if needed. But this time we celebrate EVERY decade. So we each pick -

1x 40s, 1x 50s, 1x 60s, 1x 70s, 1x 80s, 1x 90s, 1x 00s, 1x 10-20s and maybe the wildcard can be an extra one in any decade.

One small twist I was thinking of, though I have a feeling it may ruffle a few feathers! Is to have no repeat picks. So if you took part in the 90s draft and you picked Blade Runner, then you are now barred from picking Blade Runner in this draft. I know this gives new drafters a bit of an advantage, but it's just all a bit of fun at the end of the day. Still, if everyone is against then no worries. Just an idea to mix things up  :)

This ok? Can't think of any changes.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5844 on: March 2, 2023, 04:13:59 pm »
This ok? Can't think of any changes.

Looks good, mate. Just need to decide on the categories we're using. Sorry I'm snowed in and have no time to run it right now.

I was planning to call it the Super Ultimate Last Ever* Film draft, but maybe it needs a more serious title  :D

*Not really

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: March 2, 2023, 04:28:35 pm »
I've listed a few below and removed the indie film/blockbuster picks.

* 1 Foreign language film.
* 1 black and white film
* Only 1 movie per director.
* No repeated lead actors.
* No repeat picks by the losers who participated in the other movie drafts.

Was also thinking 1 x 1940's pick should be 1 x pre-1950's pick.

Edit: Forgot to add categories:

Cat 1. Action/War/Western
Cat 2. Thriller/Crime
Cat 3. Adventure/Fantasy
Cat 4. Drama/Romance
Cat 5. Comedy
Cat 6. Sci-Fi
Cat 7. Horror
Cat 8. Animation/Family
Cat 9. Wildcard (pick whatever you like)
« Last Edit: March 2, 2023, 07:04:59 pm by Hazell »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5846 on: March 18, 2023, 11:50:34 pm »
Sequels Draft next?  ;D

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #5847 on: March 19, 2023, 10:47:30 am »
Sequels Draft next?  ;D
Wayne's World 2 > Wayne's World

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5848 on: March 19, 2023, 01:22:51 pm »
 ;D

Hiya me old mucker.  :wave

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #5849 on: March 20, 2023, 12:36:42 pm »
Sequels Draft next?  ;D

This would favour action and superhero movies. Not everyone's cup of tea.

I still like the idea of a draft where previous picks are not allowed. It would favour deep cuts, fun obscure choices, niche picks, and most importantly remove the Godfather et. al. boredom.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5850 on: March 20, 2023, 12:55:52 pm »
This would favour action and superhero movies. Not everyone's cup of tea.

I still like the idea of a draft where previous picks are not allowed. It would favour deep cuts, fun obscure choices, niche picks, and most importantly remove the Godfather et. al. boredom.

Feel like we're a bit movie'd out now, we're just gonna end up doing movie drafts this time next year where it literally is just shit ones getting picked because we've done fifteen 1990s ones already ;D

Maybe.....a football draft. Maybe thats why we're doing so crap, we've broken the cosmos.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5851 on: March 20, 2023, 01:13:31 pm »
Feel like we're a bit movie'd out now, we're just gonna end up doing movie drafts this time next year where it literally is just shit ones getting picked because we've done fifteen 1990s ones already ;D

Maybe.....a football draft. Maybe thats why we're doing so crap, we've broken the cosmos.

Surely time for the Super Ultimate Football Movie Character draft. Pick a selection of fictional characters to play a game of football together. Iron Man in goal, Darth Vader up front, Jaws at DM.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5852 on: March 20, 2023, 05:27:22 pm »
To finish off movies.. Greatest Film and TV Characters..

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #5853 on: March 21, 2023, 06:43:34 am »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5854 on: March 21, 2023, 02:55:11 pm »

Honestly, I would love this too. There are still so so many great films not yet picked, but not sure whether people have the desire for more film drafts....?

Once we move on we're probably not doing another film draft in a long long time though, so we may as well burn it out anyway  :D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5855 on: March 21, 2023, 05:22:46 pm »
Honestly, I would love this too. There are still so so many great films not yet picked, but not sure whether people have the desire for more film drafts....?

Once we move on we're probably not doing another film draft in a long long time though, so we may as well burn it out anyway  :D
Not sure everyone is, but I'm well up for the last movie draft... before we do the next last movie draft.  ;D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5856 on: March 21, 2023, 05:29:26 pm »
Not sure everyone is, but I'm well up for the last movie draft... before we do the next last movie draft.  ;D

Me too :D

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5857 on: March 21, 2023, 07:43:22 pm »
Is Confessions of a Window Cleaner still available?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5858 on: March 21, 2023, 08:17:03 pm »
Yeah, I'd be up for that one at some point, as long as it skipped every movie in the decades drafts too. Really freshen things up. Might have to skip the kids picks though, we've probably exhausted those.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5859 on: March 22, 2023, 01:52:31 am »
How about a Director's Draft? 

We pick say 6 films of theirs from diffrent genres films from a pool of pre selected Directors chosen at random? ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: March 22, 2023, 01:28:53 pm »
Do a draft that doesn't involve Samie posting in the Film thread every 2 seconds please folks.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5861 on: March 25, 2023, 01:29:04 am »
Late catching these messages but count me in on the deep cuts film draft idea too!
Do a draft that doesn't involve Samie posting in the Film thread every 2 seconds please folks.
;D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5862 on: March 25, 2023, 03:36:26 pm »
Are we doing this?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5863 on: March 25, 2023, 04:16:50 pm »

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5864 on: March 25, 2023, 04:24:15 pm »
I wouldn't really mind but I don't have time to run it right now.

Also, was thinking, to make it easier, we could do away with the genres but keep the 1 director/lead actor rule and maybe say something like at least 3 different decades must be represented.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5865 on: April 1, 2023, 05:41:25 pm »
Anyone still up for this?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5866 on: April 1, 2023, 06:18:13 pm »
Yeah sure I will be down for whatever draft comes next

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5867 on: April 1, 2023, 07:09:06 pm »
I'll get a thread set up then. We can start as soon as, anything to get away from football

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5868 on: April 1, 2023, 08:22:18 pm »
No more movie drafts, I beggeth thee.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: April 1, 2023, 08:31:38 pm »

TV show draft? I know you're a huge Breaking Bad fan.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5870 on: April 1, 2023, 08:44:07 pm »

This is the last one. Promise*

Spoiler
*Narrator: It was not the last one.

[close]

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5871 on: April 1, 2023, 09:03:14 pm »
Yep, last one. No movies that have already been picked.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5872 on: May 7, 2023, 02:04:24 am »
2 weeks till season ends, should we think about restarting these? I think a new superhero draft is up next.   ;D

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5873 on: May 9, 2023, 07:11:42 pm »
2 weeks till season ends, should we think about restarting these? I think a new superhero draft is up next.   ;D

Did you call?

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5874 on: May 26, 2023, 01:57:52 pm »
With the season about to end. Is there anyone up for a footy draft?.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5875 on: May 26, 2023, 04:42:19 pm »
Let's get something going.  Time for all sorts of drafts during this period.  ;D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5876 on: May 26, 2023, 04:55:01 pm »
With the season about to end. Is there anyone up for a footy draft?.

Football is shit. Another movie draft!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5877 on: June 4, 2023, 01:44:55 am »
Let's get something gonig for fucks sakes.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #5878 on: June 4, 2023, 11:05:31 am »
Who’s in for an NBA Draft?

4 year peak (1979-80 to 2023-23 seasons)

10 player roster.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5879 on: June 4, 2023, 01:00:25 pm »
I'd definitely be up for that, not sure how many we'd be able to get in total though.