Author Topic: TWO finals in your first full season back...  (Read 36919 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: TWO finals in your first full season back...
« Reply #480 on: April 28, 2012, 01:55:13 pm »
Vulmea mate, the only problem with this, is it's becoming habit. It's deja vue wrapped up in groundhog day, all over again and again and again.
I've lost count of the times, I've thought to meself, We're gonna panel this shower today. And we've got fuck all out of it.

You know I enjoy reading your posts, and your loyalty. And you know what I think of Kenny, and what I think needs to happen at the club. But I don't think managers are walking away from Anfield bemused at how they got something out of the game. I think they're coming to Anfield with a very simple plan in mind and knowing full well, if they stick with it and get a bit of luck along the way, chances are, they'll come away with at least 1 point, maybe 3.

I've said it before, but I stand by it... one of the great things about football is it's unpredictability. But for most of the games this season, I could have written the script before a ball was kicked.

The one thing I will say about that, though... if a mug like me can see it, then Kenny will already be a few steps ahead and working on solving it. I just hope he gets the time, the money, and the pieces he needs to complete the jigsaw, because, if he doesn't get it right in the summer, he won't be round much longer.

That can be said of all managers at all away games, FS. Home form has been fucking awful no point trying to defend it. I do believe fans frustrations and tensions in the ground have been part of the problem this season as it must have transmitted to a relatively new set of players believing Anfield to be a bastion of fanatical support and finding the opposite on some occasions. That would unnerve anybody and sow seeds of doubt. Maybe that has highlighted character flaws in them that were not obvious before. I believe Kenny will be ruthless end of season with those who he now believes to be 'wafty' when it comes to the challenge ahead. It happens. No manager on this Earth has got it right 100% in the transfer market or even 75%, Christ it would be interesting for the statto's to come up with a stat for the other fellah regarding this. If punters don't think Kenny has the bollocks to get rid end of the season, think again.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: April 28, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »
Vulmea mate, the only problem with this, is it's becoming habit. It's deja vue wrapped up in groundhog day, all over again and again and again.
I've lost count of the times, I've thought to meself, We're gonna panel this shower today. And we've got fuck all out of it.

You know I enjoy reading your posts, and your loyalty. And you know what I think of Kenny, and what I think needs to happen at the club. But I don't think managers are walking away from Anfield bemused at how they got something out of the game. I think they're coming to Anfield with a very simple plan in mind and knowing full well, if they stick with it and get a bit of luck along the way, chances are, they'll come away with at least 1 point, maybe 3.

I've said it before, but I stand by it... one of the great things about football is it's unpredictability. But for most of the games this season, I could have written the script before a ball was kicked.

The one thing I will say about that, though... if a mug like me can see it, then Kenny will already be a few steps ahead and working on solving it. I just hope he gets the time, the money, and the pieces he needs to complete the jigsaw, because, if he doesn't get it right in the summer, he won't be round much longer.

Don't disagree.  I think since Christmas it has been predictable but you can see how it could get inside their heads - 'oh no here we go again' and once its in there it a bastard to get out. Kenny has spoken about it  - how we've felt sorry for ourselves - so he is aware but the trick is what do you do about it - fresh faces, a new coach, new training - one of the things that did worry me was when he said we weren't doing anything specific to address it - of course that might be just for the press but you'd hope some new drills,, a new coach , a new training game something to just shake the bastards up.

It could be a sign of weak mentality, some of the players certainly are under scrutiny for that. It could be a fault of Kenny,  he's always trusted his players too much, expected them to be better than even they think they are. Yet we do keep creating chances. The issue is how we react when something goes against us, whether its hitting the woodwork or conceeding,  thats what needs to be improved - one game  at a time - forget whats gone before and focus on winning the next one - thats the trick they have to get into their heads.

When Rafa arrived he said getting that winning mentality was the hardest thing to do.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: April 28, 2012, 02:12:52 pm »
We've played some cracking football this season. It's there. It's just sustaining it. We do the same thing, week in, week out... batter away at teams for 20 minutes, playing some lovely togger along the way. We don't score, the frustration sets in. It goes from the pitch to the terraces, and vicea versa. The grumbling starts. Then we know where we go from there.

I watched the Barca Chelsea thread in here the other night. Bad example maybe because of the result, and the fact that Barca can be beaten if teams play that way against them. But me point is... before half time pretty much everyone in that thread was in a frenzy, wanting the ball knocked long, or sent wide and crossed in to the middle. I'm going all round the world and using bad examples, but it does make me point.... teams that expect to win, such as Barca or the Mancs, will stick to their game plan, no matter how frustrated, right up to the whistle, because it's how they play and they know it works.

We have also settled into a pattern... 20 mins great footy, frustration, drop back, defend deeper, by pass midfield with balls lumped up in hope.
It needs sorting out pronto, but I think a few wins will solve it. We're away today. The crowd won't be a factor. The travelling kop will get behind the lads. Norwich will play the game and not just park the tractor. They'll leave us some space to work with. Hopefully, the lads will get an early break through. We could well panel them then. It's going to happen sometime. I hope it starts today and gives the players a bit of optimism and belief for next week.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #483 on: April 28, 2012, 02:31:46 pm »
What's your point?

I've been trying to work that one out myself.....didnt realise I was suggesting that I knew how to run a football club to be honest  :-\
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: April 28, 2012, 02:35:50 pm »
Maybe because he's not in control of our transfer policy, do you think?

If you think Kenny has no say in who we sign, or that players have been signed without his consent you're massively deluded.