Author Topic: Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs  (Read 258974 times)

Offline harrythered

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dortmund Fans - Justice Banner
« Reply #400 on: September 30, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »
Brilliant tributes by all those fans.
Justice For The 96

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2012, 08:45:30 pm »
Banik Ostrava fans, but a little bit older banner:

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2012, 08:59:44 pm »
Some fantastic supporters on here. Respect fully deserved. :)

Offline davebils

• Anny Roader
  • Live and Breathe L.F.C
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2012, 09:49:34 pm »
Total class big thanks to all involved YNWA
YNWA

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2012, 10:03:07 pm »
Absolutely brilliant. Solidarity. Thanks to all involved at all of the clubs mentioned

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
FK Sarajevo fans - Hillsborough banner
« Reply #405 on: October 1, 2012, 06:58:32 pm »
Truth for Hillsborough came after 23 years. The truth for Vedran (guy who was killed in hooligan fights) will come too.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
Re: FK Sarajevo fans - Hillsborough banner
« Reply #406 on: October 1, 2012, 08:46:22 pm »
Some fantastic responses from around the world. Just proves this is a bigger issue than perhaps even we thought.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Online lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FK Sarajevo fans - Hillsborough banner
« Reply #407 on: October 1, 2012, 08:53:57 pm »
that is fantasic

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Solidarity from fans of other clubs
« Reply #408 on: October 1, 2012, 09:53:01 pm »
Is there a reference in that banner to one of their own injustices?
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #409 on: October 1, 2012, 09:54:14 pm »
Is there a reference in that banner to one of their own injustices?
Read the quoted text above the photo :wave

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: October 1, 2012, 10:26:42 pm »
Well spotted  ;D
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: October 3, 2012, 04:10:57 am »
dortmund fans

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: October 3, 2012, 01:39:17 pm »

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #413 on: October 3, 2012, 02:11:19 pm »
it doesnt matter, its the principle of the whole thing.

anyone that has a go at evertonians from now is a twat, they have been amazing.

Is right , I remember meeting an Evertonian at the bar in the sandon on the 20th anniversary , to me what he said represented Everton Football Club , we both had tears in our eyes , I got the whisky in.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Potters1863

• Boys Pen
« Reply #414 on: October 3, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »
Thought you might be interested in this article which appeared in last Saturday's Stoke City fanzine, The Oatcake:

MORE than 23 years after the terrible tragedy of Hillsborough, the first steps towards justice have finally been taken following the publication of the results by the Government appointed ‘Hillsborough Independent Panel’.

After almost a quarter of a century of torture, of fighting and campaigning, and of having to defend themselves from the most vile and disgusting slurs, the 96 victims of Hillsborough, their families, friends, loved ones and supporters have been absolved from any blame whatsoever in the awful events which unfolded that day in April 1989.

Every single person without an agenda or a warped sense of reality always knew that the filthy allegations contained on that wretched and infamous front page of ‘The Sun’ weren’t true.

The idea that fans would pick the pockets of the dead, urinate on police officers as catastrophe and disaster unfolded around them and then actually beat up the ‘brave cops’ who were trying to administer the kiss of life to dying victims, is as despicably untrue now as it was 23 years ago when the establishment and its media mates swung into action, in a desperate attempt to shift the blame off their own culpable shoulders and onto those of the real victims of this awful tragedy.

Too many of us though (and common decency compels us to hold our own hands up here) were perhaps prepared to believe that although the ultimate responsibility for the disaster lay with the Police and the authorities, Liverpool fans may have been culpable in some slight degree themselves.

Even while accepting that the stadium was a tragedy waiting to happen and that the South Yorkshire Police had allowed a situation to get out of hand, and then completely lost control of it altogether, it was still tempting to believe that those mythical ‘ticketless fans’ and some ‘drunken yobs’ had played a part too. It seemed so plausible.

The Independent Hillsborough Panel’s findings have utterly refuted any idea of that though and laid the responsibility squarely at the door of those who were charged with protecting public safety and for ensuring that this sort of thing didn’t happen. Liverpool fans have been unequivocally absolved of any blame whatsoever for what happened. On that issue they have left no room for any doubt and in his apology, on behalf of the country and the Government, the Prime Minster didn’t flinch from completely exonerating the victims of Hillsborough and the Liverpool supporters who were there that day.

Can any of us even begin to imagine the trauma and anguish of those Liverpool fans who not only suffered this terrible tragedy but also saw the finger of blame being pointed squarely at them through some of the most disgusting and scandalous lies ever contrived by an outlet of the media in a free and democratic country?

Will any of us ever know the pain which has been added to an already devastating sense of bereavement by the knowledge that the dead had tested for alcohol - even the children - and that their records had been scrutinised, looking for any criminal past, in an effort to try and back up a pack of lies and to further discredit the victims?

At some level it is simply too shocking, too inhumane and too cowardly for any of us to even begin to contemplate.

In a recent terrible event in Manchester we saw only too chillingly the kind of danger our nation’s Police Officers face every time they report for duty. There is a deep appreciation for the work they do and in the brave and selfless way in which they do it.

There needs to be a bond of trust which exists between a people and its Police Force in a free and democratic country like ours. Unfortunately, in the aftermath of Hillsborough that bond was completely broken. The scale of lies and the proven lengths to which the cover-up was orchestrated simply beggars belief.

The Hillsborough Independent Panel discovered evidence of 164 Police reports which had been altered. All of this was done in an attempt to deflect criticism and blame away from those truly responsible and onto the innocent victims.

It has taken 23 years of delving, fighting and investigating to get through the wall of deceit which was built up around Hillsborough and it shames us as a country. Ordinary decent people, at a time of great personal suffering, have been put through hell and the integrity of a genuinely good police force has been tarnished in a way far more damaging and long-lasting then if the truth had simply been allowed to come out in the first place.

The British public have always found it within themselves to forgive mistakes, and to understand that human error does occur, but filthy lies and disgusting cover-ups cannot be so easily forgotten.

One final and genuinely sad aspect of this whole episode is provided by a few people who, despite the results of the Panel, unequivocal apologies from the FA, Police and, most importantly of all, the Government, and despite the fact that it has been stated that Liverpool fans were in “no way responsible”, continue to believe that they were actually in some way to blame. You can read their views on a variety of Internet forums, including, we’re desperately sad to say, our own message board.

There were probably no more drunken and ticketless fans than we ourselves had turn up to our two trips to Wembley two seasons ago. It’s a myth and one which has now been put to bed.

Quite why some would choose to ignore the evidence of hundreds of thousands of documents which have been looked at and investigated, and results which nobody is disputing, is beyond us but we still find it very distressing.

There seems to be an ‘anti-Liverpool’ thing going on which some people just can’t let go. This has been manifested most aggressively by the sneering way in which the subject of compensation has been mentioned.

If any of your family were killed because of almost criminal negligence by those in authority then you’d want justice and compensation too.

And those who sneer at this thought should consider that one set of people were very quick to be compensated for the trauma they suffered on that terrible day in 1989 – some police officers on duty that day have already received a total of more than Ł1.5m, at an average of Ł93,000 each. The average amount received by for people who lost children at Hillsborough that day has so far been Ł3,500.

The truth is finally out about what really happened at Hillsborough and every football fan should be glad that it is and that the first genuine steps towards achieving justice have been taken.

Any of us could have reached the semi-final that year and any of us could have suffered that terrible tragedy. We should never forget that.

Well done to all of those who campaigned and never gave up fighting to make sure the truth was revealed. You are an inspiration to us all.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #415 on: October 3, 2012, 04:33:38 pm »
thanks for that lad, very nice read, nice of the fanzine to publish that.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: October 3, 2012, 05:19:33 pm »
Thanks for that Potters. Thats a very nice piece in the Stoke Fanzine. Welcome to RAWK. Stick around, we have some very valued posters on this site who are not LFC supporters.

Offline superjack

• Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Delilah (deh-du-diddle-diddle-diddydooo)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #417 on: October 3, 2012, 11:21:58 pm »
Dortmund fans sang justice for the 96 at city of Manchester tonight too

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: October 4, 2012, 07:29:07 am »

They're great. :)

royhendo

« Reply #419 on: October 4, 2012, 07:51:54 am »

Really? That's brilliant. :)

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: October 4, 2012, 10:59:51 am »
My 2nd favourite team
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
« Reply #421 on: October 4, 2012, 11:09:49 am »
Absolutely great to hear! Class set of supporters...wish we could do something big back to thank all of these teams that have supported us and the JFT96.

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
Banik Ostrava - Hillsborough Banner
« Reply #422 on: October 4, 2012, 11:20:45 am »

Offline Horse_with_no_name

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
Re: Banik Ostrava - Hillsborough Banner
« Reply #423 on: October 4, 2012, 11:38:03 am »
Forgive my ignorance but do we have a link with Banik Ostrava?

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: October 4, 2012, 11:38:59 am »
Milan Baros.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #425 on: October 4, 2012, 11:40:18 am »
Milan was my favorite player when he was here :)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: October 4, 2012, 12:25:19 pm »
Fantastic solidarity being shown.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: October 4, 2012, 01:35:28 pm »
Just like to echo what everyone else is saying. Great gestures from clubs accross the continent.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: October 4, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »
Absolutely great to hear! Class set of supporters...wish we could do something big back to thank all of these teams that have supported us and the JFT96.

Yeah been trying to think something up over the last few days to thank all the clubs and fans that have shown support
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #429 on: October 4, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »
Forgive my ignorance but do we have a link with Banik Ostrava?

Make it better when it's random small clubs for me, shows how far reaching the campaign is.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #430 on: October 4, 2012, 05:13:40 pm »
Fair dues.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #431 on: October 4, 2012, 05:38:19 pm »
Well in !
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: October 4, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »
can someone get all these picture together in one thread. 

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #433 on: October 4, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »
These gestures are great to see.

Does it belong in the other thread?

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=297613.0

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #434 on: October 4, 2012, 05:54:52 pm »
can someone get all these picture together in one thread.

Under the heading 'thank you'
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #435 on: October 4, 2012, 06:26:19 pm »
Members of the Czech supporters club were in the HJC shop last game, apparently quite a big branch and delivered a sizable donation which they had raised.

Spent quite a bit of time going through the new monument and stuff.

We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #436 on: October 4, 2012, 06:30:18 pm »
The Ostravan Maradonna .......

Thanks to all those good Czech fans
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: October 4, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »
It's so touching all these proper fans of proper clubs pushing the boat out to show they are with us i wonder if there is any way we could thank them all even give a donation to something they believe in a charity or what not........thanks Ostrava good bunch of lads hope we play you someday so we can thank you in song :)

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #438 on: October 4, 2012, 07:08:54 pm »
Brings tears. Amazing.
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #439 on: October 4, 2012, 07:20:00 pm »
Amazing.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.