Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 611792 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #5520 on: October 19, 2018, 02:21:16 pm »
So what do you say about the 14-second offensive-rebound shot clock, do you like it?
A bit early to judge but i think i like it.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5521 on: October 19, 2018, 02:22:58 pm »
How many bodies you reckon Quin Snyder keeps in his basement?
Come on, he has the innocence of a new born baby

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #5522 on: October 20, 2018, 04:02:09 am »
Will be in Boston in November for a few days and looking at buying tickets for the Celtics v Raptors game on 16th November at the TD Garden, can someone give me some advice please, I read online to only buy from official sources, the official website are directing me to Ticketmaster where their fees seem very high, stubhub and viagogo are working out cheaper, can someone give some advice please... Thanks in advance.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5523 on: October 20, 2018, 06:19:41 am »
Outstanding game between the Jazz and Warriors. Jazz look really strong this year and Curry is just Curry.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5524 on: October 20, 2018, 08:34:23 am »
Showed Boston who's boss last night  :champ

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5525 on: October 20, 2018, 09:44:12 am »
Mirotic for league MVP!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5526 on: October 20, 2018, 10:15:38 am »
Will be in Boston in November for a few days and looking at buying tickets for the Celtics v Raptors game on 16th November at the TD Garden, can someone give me some advice please, I read online to only buy from official sources, the official website are directing me to Ticketmaster where their fees seem very high, stubhub and viagogo are working out cheaper, can someone give some advice please... Thanks in advance.
vividseats are good, use them myself when in North America, just sends you where you are sat and a barcode

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5527 on: October 20, 2018, 02:47:43 pm »
Personally, if I was traveling in for a special visit I wouldn't take any chances. I'd buy from the team or Ticketmaster.

But a lot of people have pretty good luck with Stubhub and Ace Ticket here. https://www.aceticket.com/
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5528 on: October 20, 2018, 02:50:17 pm »
Showed Boston who's boss last night  :champ
Boss? Ok. How did those playoffs work out last year? ;)

I didn't mind the loss last night. The Celtics have been getting a lot of hype as Eastern Conference winners, so it might help them refocus on how hard they will have to work to attain that goal. Toronto and Philadelphia have the talent to give them a hard run. Solid win by Toronto, congrats. :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 03:26:43 pm by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5529 on: October 21, 2018, 06:00:33 am »
big fight in Lakers vs Rockets. Looks like Rondo, CP3,Ingram will get severe penalties.

Online Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #5530 on: October 21, 2018, 06:55:35 am »

Any good views of Rondo getting chin music? Chris Paul is not my favorite but thank you!

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #5531 on: October 21, 2018, 06:59:52 am »

Nobody, went after Tucker! Scared, for their likelihood.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5532 on: October 21, 2018, 07:02:06 am »

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #5533 on: October 21, 2018, 07:04:14 am »

watching it back...

big fight in Lakers vs Rockets. Ingram should get severe penalties.

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #5534 on: October 21, 2018, 07:17:37 am »

Ingram is the absolute best at being shite and then getting kicked in the face while the ball travels well outside of the kickball bubble.

Damn, he can jump!!! Unfortunately, that is the height of his impact.    ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5535 on: October 21, 2018, 07:29:19 am »
Ingram is the absolute best at being shite and then getting kicked in the face while the ball travels well outside of the kickball bubble.

Damn, he can jump!!! Unfortunately, that is the height of his impact.    ;D

Let's all admit for a second that we wanted him to hit the ref when he confronted  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5536 on: October 21, 2018, 08:11:56 am »
The joy on my face when Rondo snuffed CP3 was priceless, wish he had landed another one

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5537 on: October 21, 2018, 08:16:24 am »
The joy on my face when Rondo snuffed CP3 was priceless, wish he had landed another one
I think majority of neutral fans wanted that. He had it coming for a long time with his antics and flops.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5538 on: October 21, 2018, 08:19:08 am »
3-0 guys. Every team should pack up and go home, we've got this.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5539 on: October 21, 2018, 08:22:24 am »
I think majority of neutral fans wanted that. He had it coming for a long time with his antics and flops.

For sure, he's a massive pretentious twat.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5540 on: October 21, 2018, 08:31:50 am »
Lakers are in trouble their defensive woes will continue to derail them and I can't see them finishing any higher than a 6th seed before being bounced out in the first round by a Denver, Utah or the Pelicans.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5541 on: October 21, 2018, 09:33:10 am »
Watched my first full game. Knicks vs Celtics. Tight game. I know most of the celtics talk revolves around Irving, but Tatum is very, very good.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #5542 on: October 21, 2018, 11:35:37 am »
Hope Chris Paul gets a long holiday .
He instigated the melee by putting his hands on Rondo's face. Not sure what he was trying to do, scratch Rondo?
The Ingram shove on Harden at worst was an ejection offence.  Obviously the Camby attempt will see him miss a few games.
Tell you what though,  I'm liking the Lakers. Seem to stick up for one another.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5543 on: October 21, 2018, 12:37:55 pm »
I am thinking 5 games ban for CP3, 7 fot Rondo and 15 for Ingram. Ingram for not only starting it but for also coming out of nowhere and punching CP3 when he was being held back.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5544 on: October 21, 2018, 02:19:13 pm »
I am thinking 5 games ban for CP3, 7 fot Rondo and 15 for Ingram. Ingram for not only starting it but for also coming out of nowhere and punching CP3 when he was being held back.
I think Ingram will get the most, I agree. He was the 3rd man in on a fight.

But I think Paul gets more of a punishment than Rondo. Yes Rondo threw the 1st punch, but Paul instigated it by pushing his fingers into Rondo's face. Any person would react to that.
― Christine Szymanski

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5545 on: October 21, 2018, 03:18:06 pm »
due to new 14 seconds rule in offensive boards, now we see almost every game ending with 110+ scores for both teams and even 140-150's. I think we may see a 200+ points in a triple overtime.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5546 on: October 21, 2018, 06:00:59 pm »
I think Ingram will get the most, I agree. He was the 3rd man in on a fight.

But I think Paul gets more of a punishment than Rondo. Yes Rondo threw the 1st punch, but Paul instigated it by pushing his fingers into Rondo's face. Any person would react to that.
Looks like Rondo did spit to CP3's face so his penalty will be more severe than I initially thought.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5547 on: October 21, 2018, 06:02:51 pm »
Couple of twats acting like twats. Nothing to see here.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5548 on: October 21, 2018, 06:04:33 pm »
I don't see any video of Rondo spitting though. Houston says yes he did, LA says no. The ref was right there so we'll soon know.
― Christine Szymanski

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5549 on: October 21, 2018, 06:21:39 pm »
I don't see any video of Rondo spitting though. Houston says yes he did, LA says no. The ref was right there so we'll soon know.

https://twitter.com/tom2517/status/1054042598824759296

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5550 on: October 21, 2018, 07:21:15 pm »
Atlanta-Cleveland is the NBA game on Sky Sports tonight. Explain yourselves.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5551 on: October 21, 2018, 07:22:48 pm »

It's the earliest tip off tonight and will be at the least offensive time to UK audiences, so gives them the biggest chance of a half decent audience.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5552 on: October 21, 2018, 07:41:38 pm »
Crazy thing is Cavs were always a lock for the finals and even Hawks were playing ECF vs Cavs just 3 years ago ;D
By the way, only reason to watch that is my main MIP candidate Cedi Osman.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5553 on: October 22, 2018, 01:07:13 am »
https://twitter.com/tom2517/status/1054042598824759296
Ah, interesting. He is wearing a mouthguard which can make you dribble a little but that looks a bit excessive.
― Christine Szymanski

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #5554 on: October 22, 2018, 03:01:32 am »

2 games ban for CP3 ($491,781), 3 for Rondo ($186,207), and 4 for Ingram ($158,817).

Meanwhile Rondo's girlfriend attacked CP3's wife in the stands.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5555 on: October 22, 2018, 08:19:54 am »
2 games ban for CP3 ($491,781), 3 for Rondo ($186,207), and 4 for Ingram ($158,817).

Meanwhile Rondo's girlfriend attacked CP3's wife in the stands.

much less than what i expected to be honest. I guess it would have been different if it was Lance and Beasley who did it. :-X

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5556 on: October 23, 2018, 06:33:54 am »
Another lose for the Lakers 0-3 now, start losing anymore games and it will be a dog fight for them to make the playoffs.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5557 on: October 27, 2018, 05:11:34 pm »
Bucks, Pistons, Raptors all impressive so far. disappointed with 76ers, Celtics and Wizards but then again it's too early. Rockets and OKC are total shambles.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5558 on: October 27, 2018, 05:18:41 pm »
Bucks, Pistons, Raptors all impressive so far. disappointed with 76ers, Celtics and Wizards but then again it's too early. Rockets and OKC are total shambles.
Rockets are a joke D'Antoni won't be in the job much longer if this continues, hope they make the dumb Jimmy Butler trade they are lining up that would be awesome.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5559 on: October 27, 2018, 05:24:51 pm »
Rockets are a joke D'Antoni won't be in the job much longer if this continues, hope they make the dumb Jimmy Butler trade they are lining up that would be awesome.
my money is on Donovan or Thibs to go first.