Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2097585 times)

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #13240 on: February 18, 2020, 08:48:28 am »
I've got 7 now for this season, not sure I could push the boat out financially and go again to be honest, that's me done I think. I'm curious though, there's no way the club could stagger the sales differently next season? Could there be an 8+ sale for example? I know it's unlikely but if that happened and I was stuck on 7 I'd lose it. I'd try go once more if I thought it was a genuine possibility but Ive spent a shit load load this season already! And trust me, I'd love to go to every single game regardless of credits but unfortunately that's not plausible for me.

Highly unlikely the criteria would go up next season, I think they'd definitely announce it well in advance so I wouldn't put yourself out financially if you're worried about credits, it's just not worth it and once it becomes a real money issue I think you start to lose enjoyment. It's why I've never paid hospitality, just don't think I could enjoy a game of football if I paid £200+ for it.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13241 on: February 18, 2020, 10:38:51 am »
Exactly. I've done it a couple of times this season at 280. It is touting in everything but name.  The irony is that the club are cracking down on touts as we know them, but doing much the same thing themselves. Only asking shedloads more.  We effectively paid 220 quid for a chicken dinner and a carlsberg. And the fucking hassle of having to go into the city centre at rush hour. And I had to fucking pay a tenner to park me car!

I did it for the City game on the basis that it might be key to us winning the title. It probably was. What you're really paying for is the ticket as no one in their right mind would pay more than a tenner for the chicken tagine and two bottles of Corona that came with it. However ever since they announced hospo for the second half of the season they have ramped up the prices even more. It was £360 for Southampton, then £450 for West Ham, £600 for Bournemouth. F*ck knows how much they'll charge for Chelsea. The irony is that with the exception of Chelsea and the trophy lift, people are paying top dollar to watch dead rubbers against Villa and Burnley - no way the league is not won at that point.

At the end of the day it's supply and demand and if a foreign tourist is going to pay it for a once in a lifetime trip, the club will take advantage. The important thing is that the club ensures an appropriate balance between STH, hospo and member sales. Everyone will have a different view on that I expect.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13242 on: February 18, 2020, 11:56:20 am »
No issue with squeezing those who can afford to pay it, to help keep GA affordable (or reduce them in an ideal world) but the problem right now is the supply/demand conundrum is forcing people to buy these tickets who should really be buying GA.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #13243 on: February 18, 2020, 01:15:17 pm »
No issue with squeezing those who can afford to pay it, to help keep GA affordable (or reduce them in an ideal world) but the problem right now is the supply/demand conundrum is forcing people to buy these tickets who should really be buying GA.

You're right there. If I get to 10 or 11 next season I'll definitely consider getting hospo for them last few. In the long run it's worth it.

Do many fall off the 13+ ladder every year I wonder? There will come a time (or maybe its happening now?) where there are too many 13+ members? Criteria will be upped again I suppose
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #13244 on: February 18, 2020, 01:17:46 pm »
You're right there. If I get to 10 or 11 next season I'll definitely consider getting hospo for them last few. In the long run it's worth it.

Do many fall off the 13+ ladder every year I wonder? There will come a time (or maybe its happening now?) where there are too many 13+ members? Criteria will be upped again I suppose
well if 20% of 13+ are gone this year I can’t see there being 1000 new members to replace, will be a couple years before the criteria goes up but the Annie road expansion due soon too that’ll help not increase it

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #13245 on: February 18, 2020, 01:28:31 pm »
Probably see no West Ham today :-\

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13246 on: February 18, 2020, 01:39:08 pm »
well if 20% of 13+ are gone this year I can’t see there being 1000 new members to replace, will be a couple years before the criteria goes up but the Annie road expansion due soon too that’ll help not increase it

And if they ballot the non 13+ sale, expect it will become a closed shop.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #13247 on: February 18, 2020, 01:39:25 pm »

Agreed, I think these factors will keep it at 13+ for at least the next 3 or 4 seasons and then rather incredibly pessimistically of me we might just not be this good by then and the demand won't be as crazy and many will lose interest.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13248 on: February 18, 2020, 01:49:27 pm »
And if they ballot the non 13+ sale, expect it will become a closed shop.
not sure why you think that when me and others on here have gotten close or even past 13 at this stage of the season through late sales only

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13249 on: February 18, 2020, 03:26:10 pm »
not sure why you think that when me and others on here have gotten close or even past 13 at this stage of the season through late sales only

I assumed there would be no more late sales.  But I suppose there will be some form of sale for the those additional tickets.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13250 on: February 18, 2020, 04:40:15 pm »
I've got 7 now for this season, not sure I could push the boat out financially and go again to be honest, that's me done I think. I'm curious though, there's no way the club could stagger the sales differently next season? Could there be an 8+ sale for example? I know it's unlikely but if that happened and I was stuck on 7 I'd lose it. I'd try go once more if I thought it was a genuine possibility but Ive spent a shit load load this season already! And trust me, I'd love to go to every single game regardless of credits but unfortunately that's not plausible for me.

Based on this it looks like you're looking to fill your card(s) and then move on when you can't go? Because in the first post 8 is too many in the next one you'll be looking to try and get to 13+ via hospitality.

No issue with it, just asking ;)
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13251 on: February 18, 2020, 04:47:30 pm »
I did it for the City game on the basis that it might be key to us winning the title. It probably was. What you're really paying for is the ticket as no one in their right mind would pay more than a tenner for the chicken tagine and two bottles of Corona that came with it. However ever since they announced hospo for the second half of the season they have ramped up the prices even more. It was £360 for Southampton, then £450 for West Ham, £600 for Bournemouth. F*ck knows how much they'll charge for Chelsea. The irony is that with the exception of Chelsea and the trophy lift, people are paying top dollar to watch dead rubbers against Villa and Burnley - no way the league is not won at that point.
if I’m some rich guy in New York and I can get to any game I’d do it so I can say I was at least one game where we were champions

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #13252 on: February 18, 2020, 04:54:13 pm »
Based on this it looks like you're looking to fill your card(s) and then move on when you can't go? Because in the first post 8 is too many in the next one you'll be looking to try and get to 13+ via hospitality.

Hi mate, no I think this season 8 is too many for me but next season, if I could afford it and i was within touching distance of 13, I'd try get hospo to finish it. That's what I meant at least.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #13253 on: February 18, 2020, 04:58:27 pm »

I've never considered this since I've only been getting like 3 or 4 for the last few seasons. Do people on 13+ generally buy all 17 home games they are guaranteed access to or just pick 13 from what's available to save money and stay on the ladder?

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13254 on: February 18, 2020, 05:44:58 pm »
 Bournemouth hospo up there. For a bargain aswell £475...!!!! When’s the earliest we can win the league. Would consider that if it would be the day we win the league

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13255 on: February 18, 2020, 06:22:46 pm »
I've never considered this since I've only been getting like 3 or 4 for the last few seasons. Do people on 13+ generally buy all 17 home games they are guaranteed access to or just pick 13 from what's available to save money and stay on the ladder?

I get all 19 and go to all 19.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13256 on: February 18, 2020, 06:24:00 pm »
We can't win it against Bournemouth, that would involve City losing to West Ham

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13257 on: February 18, 2020, 06:32:41 pm »

It's no different to a season ticket holder sharing his ticket really.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13258 on: February 18, 2020, 06:47:03 pm »
up the hammers like

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13259 on: February 18, 2020, 06:47:50 pm »
I assumed there would be no more late sales.  But I suppose there will be some form of sale for the those additional tickets.
no wouldn’t think so, STH exchange, away team returns etc still need to be sold

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #13260 on: February 18, 2020, 07:24:38 pm »

I did a couple of years ago... lost our job without being paid for 3 months so now scraping back towards. I'm on 11 for this season...  hoping to get Bournemouth, Burnley and Chelsea to box us off for the season (got Villa already)
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13261 on: February 19, 2020, 12:38:36 am »
ye of little faith

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #13262 on: February 19, 2020, 02:31:35 am »

I buy and attend every game I possibly can.

Have been to all 19 for quite a few seasons, on 17 this time having missed out on Sheffield Utd/Villa. Hoping to have a chance at getting a Villa in any additional sale - might have more chance with that if the League is won by then!

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13263 on: February 19, 2020, 11:30:09 am »

Have been to all 19 for quite a few seasons, on 17 this time having missed out on Sheffield Utd/Villa. Hoping to have a chance at getting a Villa in any additional sale - might have more chance with that if the League is won by then!

Same boat as you. Managed to get a spare for Sheff Utd and will probably pick one up for Villa, but always prefer to have them on my card and sorting myself. less hassle

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #13264 on: February 19, 2020, 12:37:03 pm »

If Villa is the first home game after winning it, i think the club might make it a 13+ sale (and rightly so) so the regulars don't get shafted

Someone further up this thread or one of the local ones said the club told them they were looking at doing it.... take it with a pinch of salt though

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13265 on: February 19, 2020, 12:41:54 pm »
If Villa is the first home game after winning it, i think the club might make it a 13+ sale (and rightly so) so the regulars don't get shafted

Someone further up this thread or one of the local ones said the club told them they were looking at doing it.... take it with a pinch of salt though

tbf if Villa is the first home game after winning it then it's basically a dead rubber, and woudn't surprise me if there were loads of returns.

The trophy is being presented at the Chelsea game regardless.

They should do that if the game could be the decider

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #13266 on: February 19, 2020, 12:44:28 pm »
tbf if Villa is the first home game after winning it then it's basically a dead rubber, and woudn't surprise me if there were loads of returns.

The trophy is being presented at the Chelsea game regardless.

They should do that if the game could be the decider

If we win it away at ev or city (and beat chelsea which moves the palace match) then i can see it being a bit of a home coming for the lads

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13267 on: February 19, 2020, 12:54:40 pm »
If we win it away at ev or city (and beat chelsea which moves the palace match) then i can see it being a bit of a home coming for the lads

I get that but I still don't see it being as immensely popular as it would be otherwise. I could be very wrong

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #13268 on: February 19, 2020, 01:05:49 pm »
Not a single West Ham drop since Monday  :butt

Offline lucho07072016

• Main Stander
« Reply #13269 on: February 19, 2020, 01:26:48 pm »

I would estimate that at least 90% of those on 13+ will be on between 17-19, dependant on if they were successful in the cat C free-for-all sales.

Online didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #13270 on: February 19, 2020, 02:10:58 pm »
Anyone know if I'd be able to get in with a young adult card?? My mate won't be taking his son v West Ham so is there anyway I could use it? Do they check?

Offline Annie Road 64

• Main Stander
« Reply #13271 on: February 19, 2020, 02:14:10 pm »
Anyone know if I'd be able to get in with a young adult card?? My mate won't be taking his son v West Ham so is there anyway I could use it? Do they check?
I used a  pensioners season ticket v Stoke in Carling cup a few years back , and  he got a warning from the club

Online didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #13272 on: February 19, 2020, 02:19:30 pm »
How do they know?? Does flash a different light or what??

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #13273 on: February 19, 2020, 02:28:44 pm »
How do they know?? Does flash a different light or what??

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody but I believe young adult flashes orange rather than green which is adult.

There generally isn't anybody in the actual turnstiles though watching what colour light shows up so I doubt there would be anyone who would notice or pull you up on it. My advice to play it safe would be get in the line when it's quite busy and the stewards are preoccupied patting people down etc.

Online didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #13274 on: February 19, 2020, 02:39:45 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong anybody but I believe young adult flashes orange rather than green which is adult.

There generally isn't anybody in the actual turnstiles though watching what colour light shows up so I doubt there would be anyone who would notice or pull you up on it. My advice to play it safe would be get in the line when it's quite busy and the stewards are preoccupied patting people down etc.

Yeah card is for kop 305 so should fit in nice last  15 min. I'll have a nice shave just before

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13275 on: February 19, 2020, 02:49:18 pm »

There's normally stewards just inside the gate I go in (kop E), cos I always say hello when I get through. Arent these checking the lights and double clicks?

Offline Stanley Accrington

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13276 on: February 19, 2020, 02:57:09 pm »
There's normally stewards just inside the gate I go in (kop E), cos I always say hello when I get through. Arent these checking the lights and double clicks?

Thats their job, theyre inside to watch the lights. 

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #13277 on: February 19, 2020, 02:59:18 pm »

The light flashes Amber when any concession ticket goes through, and they do look. My lads are both going in on young adults so see this every game.

I have upgraded both of my lads tickets to full adult tickets this season when they haven't been able to attend. All you do is give the name, address and DOB of the person who is attending in their place and pay the difference up to full adult.
I don't know if you look young enough to pass for 22 or under but is it worth taking the risk of getting a card confiscated for the difference of upgrading to an adult ticket?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13278 on: February 19, 2020, 02:59:31 pm »
Good to see they've ripped a load of tickets from block 124 for Bournemouth and put them on the hospitality website ::) Less available for the late sale

Offline jameslfc1997

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13279 on: February 19, 2020, 03:03:22 pm »
Good to see they've ripped a load of tickets from block 124 for Bournemouth and put them on the hospitality website ::) Less available for the late sale

That is disgraceful