Author Topic: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia: RIP Jamāl Aḥmad Khāshqujī  (Read 189454 times)

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia
« Reply #2520 on: June 5, 2024, 04:29:21 pm »
It's sickening to see this lot cosy up to Abu Dhabi's legal action.

It wasn't that long ago they were chanting "we want our club back" because Mike Ashley was in charge.  Their club is long dead

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia
« Reply #2521 on: June 5, 2024, 10:08:22 pm »
It's sickening to see this lot cosy up to Abu Dhabi's legal action.

It wasn't that long ago they were chanting "we want our club back" because Mike Ashley was in charge.  Their club is long dead
Birds of a feather flock together.

Despicable scum owners of both clubs, they can crash and fucking burn for all I care.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • Brah, it's like Billy Withers..
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cg3j8jll820o

Newcastle United co-owners Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi are set to leave the club.

They took a 10% share in Newcastle when they helped to orchestrate the Saudi Arabian-backed £305m takeover of the club in 2021.

The husband and wife's share has since decreased to six per cent as Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) and the Reuben family have increased their own shares.

BBC Radio Newcastle understands Staveley and Ghodoussi have now sold their remaining stake and will leave the club.

The pair have been instrumental in the day-to-day running of the club since the takeover, which gave PIF an 80% controlling stake in the Premier League club.

Staveley and Ghodoussi hired manager Eddie Howe in November 2021 to replace Steve Bruce and signed players such as Bruno Guimaraes and Kieran Trippier during their first transfer window in charge to help the club survive relegation.

The deed is done, grab the money and run.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan

Newcastle United co-owners Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi are set to leave the club.

They took a 10% share in Newcastle when they helped to orchestrate the Saudi Arabian-backed £305m takeover of the club in 2021.

The husband and wife's share has since decreased to six per cent as Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) and the Reuben family have increased their own shares.

BBC Radio Newcastle understands Staveley and Ghodoussi have now sold their remaining stake and will leave the club.

The pair have been instrumental in the day-to-day running of the club since the takeover, which gave PIF an 80% controlling stake in the Premier League club.

Staveley and Ghodoussi hired manager Eddie Howe in November 2021 to replace Steve Bruce and signed players such as Bruno Guimaraes and Kieran Trippier during their first transfer window in charge to help the club survive relegation.

I wonder if they signed NDA’s.      In their own blood.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
I think they may been a force for restraint within the club, will be interesting to see how they behave if the shackles are now off
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think they may been a force for restraint within the club, will be interesting to see how they behave if the shackles are now off

It's part if her pay out, they had zero say in the running of the club.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
I think they probably gave advice, Newcastle have been conspicuous by their seemingly diplomatic behaviour in the last 18 months, that's 3 senior staff who understand this country quite well who have now bowed out.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Also looks like Paul Mitchell is in charge of the football side now, completely missed that. Seems potentially ominous.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing

Howe seems unhappy about their departure(s) - and their replacements... making noises...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jul/19/eddie-howe-hints-england-manager-interest-with-newcastle-warning
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
Eddie Howe the new Mark Hughes .....always going to force him to go that way they can say we gave an English guy the chance and he "quit".

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Eddie Howe the new Mark Hughes .....always going to force him to go that way they can say we gave an English guy the chance and he "quit".

Spot on... ready for the 'new Mancini'.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Spot on... ready for the 'new Mancini'.

Tommy Tuckle?

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
Phase II commences
remember the City phases,
I buying Robinho, getting all the fans excited, Hughes

II Tevez and the power shift in Manchester, Mancini
III Fraud and domination
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 12:21:07 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Re: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia: RIP Jamāl Aḥmad Khāshqujī
« Reply #2534 on: September 5, 2024, 02:20:23 pm »
What happened with PIF being described in US court docs as "sovereign instrumentality of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia" and PIF Governor and Newcastle chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan as "a sitting minister of the government" with "sovereign immunity".?

I presume absolutely nothing has been done about it by the Premier League?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65102462
« Last Edit: September 5, 2024, 02:22:33 pm by Bincey »

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2535 on: September 5, 2024, 03:10:06 pm »
What happened with PIF being described in US court docs as "sovereign instrumentality of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia" and PIF Governor and Newcastle chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan as "a sitting minister of the government" with "sovereign immunity".?

I presume absolutely nothing has been done about it by the Premier League?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65102462
The gave the PL legally binding assurances, so that trumps any US court papers.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: September 5, 2024, 05:21:54 pm »
These fucking c*nts are going after a bloke who owns a strip of land & wants a big wedge for it. Calling for a compulsory purchase order, they're only pissed that their bastard owners can't just rock up, claim the land and murder anybody who dares question it.

Starting to hate the c*nts more than those twats down the road.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: September 16, 2024, 07:49:37 pm »
https://xcancel.com/martynziegler/status/1835719073004433862

Exclusive: MI6 ‘involvement’ in Newcastle United takeover revealed by FOI “should be red flag” for football regulator foreign policy clause.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Fantasy abandoned by reason produces impossible monsters: united with her [reason], she [fantasy] is the mother of the arts and the origin of their marvels.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2539 on: September 16, 2024, 08:02:53 pm »

UEFA are threatening England because a regulator would be "government interference", but MI6 is obviously OK.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: September 16, 2024, 08:57:28 pm »
UEFA are threatening England because a regulator would be "government interference", but MI6 is obviously OK.

The UAE and SA are strategic partners of the UK government - that trumps anything sports related, I'm afraid.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: September 17, 2024, 09:20:09 am »
Footballs done at top level. Its meaningless.
The game is now being run to the whims and demands of Arab oil states.
They own UEFA and now, the EPL.
There's simply no point following it anymore.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2542 on: September 17, 2024, 09:33:07 am »

The responses on this are amusing. No doubt Paully is one of them.

I see it's now a thing that the unwashed sportswashed are now referring to 'red shirts' along with calling everyone that doesn't support their sportswashing a cartel.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: September 21, 2024, 08:22:52 pm »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2544 on: September 21, 2024, 08:23:41 pm »
Their points total is still hugely flattering, they've been shocking in every game so far, finally caught up with them today.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #2545 on: September 21, 2024, 09:24:20 pm »
Beheadie might be heading for the dole queue if things get any worse.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2546 on: September 21, 2024, 10:06:55 pm »
Their points total is still hugely flattering, they've been shocking in every game so far, finally caught up with them today.

Based on performances they'd be where Everton are, yet they could have gone top today.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: September 26, 2024, 05:52:08 pm »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/09/26/anthony-gordon-newcastle-form-liverpool-harvey-barnes/

Gordon was keen on a move to his boyhood club in the summer and even told team-mates, while on international duty with England, that the switch was going to happen.

Former England manager Gareth Southgate was well aware the player was distracted by the talk and Telegraph Sport understands this was one of the reasons he was not involved more at the Euros. Gordon played a handful of minutes in the group stage as a substitute and did not appear again.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #2548 on: September 26, 2024, 11:38:56 pm »
We are Liverpool!

Online AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2549 on: September 28, 2024, 02:21:39 pm »
Be interesting to hear the Saudi fans thoughts on the penalty today given they wouldn’t shut up about the Jota one last season.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: September 28, 2024, 02:37:30 pm »
Be interesting to hear the Saudi fans thoughts on the penalty today given they wouldn’t shut up about the Jota one last season.
Can't wait for Shearer to condemn it on MOTD.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: October 2, 2024, 03:30:44 pm »
This poor woman is suffering brutally at the hands of  MBS in Saudi - for being a fitness instructor and women’s rights champion.

Manahel al-Otaibi, 30, a fitness instructor and activist

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2024/oct/02/saudi-arabia-women-human-rights-influencer-manahel-al-otaibi-stabbed-face-abuse-prison

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2552 on: October 2, 2024, 03:37:36 pm »
I think they should start treating their own fans the way they treat their own people. Female Newcastle supporters requiring permission from their husbands before they can travel to away games would be a start. That would make the people of Newcastle sit up and notice.

We should also when we have any dialogue with Barcodes who fail to see the problems, ask them to shut the fuck up with their 'opinions' because they are lucky they can express them freely here.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2024, 03:39:14 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.