Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 581777 times)

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Re: Injury related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #240 on: January 1, 2022, 01:30:14 pm »
Any news on Harvey?

I know there was some excitement when he was put jogging sometime ago, but the conservative time frame had him back for early January?

I read on another thread he’s TS Eliot’s great grandson? How reliable is that?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Jurgen has Covid now as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Klopp is the latest to seemingly get covid, hope he recovers quickly, but that would be him out for about 4 games or so

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Klopp is the latest to seemingly get covid, hope he recovers quickly, but that would be him out for about 4 games or so

4?  ;D ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan

Why would it be 4 games? It's 7 days isolation providing he returns a negative test on the 6th and 7th day. If that's the case he'll be back for Shrewsbury next Sunday.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
So the first leg of the League Cup will have no managers there, what a total farce.

Only mild symptoms for Jurgen, thankfully.
AHA!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
So Klopp has Covid too.
#JFT97

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Another three backroom staff down with it too, think we had three previous to that. Keep burying them heads, Premier League.
AHA!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Have city had a single covid case?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

They had loads last year and the consensus was that it benefitted them. Rival logic of course.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

De Bruyne for one was missing for a bit cos of it, not really been keeping up with them though, so not sure of others.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
De Bruyne for one was missing for a bit cos of it, not really been keeping up with them though, so not sure of others.

Yeah sure they have. But they rotate their players often anyway. So you don't notice.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We don’t need a keeper.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
Re: Injury related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #254 on: January 2, 2022, 04:03:28 am »
when will that happen?

My mistake. I see that you meant the European summer and not the African summer.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

There was an article on The Athletic today saying City have had plenty but they don't specify the reason as Covid when the player is out for it. Rodri had it last week and came back yesterday for example.

With their squad it's easily absorbed.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Why is there such secrecy with all this? We're in the middle of a pandemic most people will have it one time or another, therefore there should be no need for anyone not being upfront about it. It's entirely the fault of the Premier League who as usual have allowed clubs to be devious with how they report it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Does anyone know what Origi’s injury actually is? Seems to have been shrouded in mystery. He played in a few games nearly a month ago (where he scored) then just completely disappeared.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2022, 04:28:12 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone know what Origi’s injury actually is?
nope.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Knee njury
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2 weeks until our next league game should hopefully see a lot back, its going to be interesting how we balance players getting minutes over the 2 league cup matches vs Arsenal and the FA Cup match.

Guess we go stronger vs Arsenal and a mix and match vs Shrewsbury?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
2 weeks until our next league game should hopefully see a lot back, its going to be interesting how we balance players getting minutes over the 2 league cup matches vs Arsenal and the FA Cup match.

Yes.
Y.N.W.A.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

normally yes, but the lineup for any game right now will be a counting-heads exercise as much as anything strategic.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Knee njury

I am guessing there has been no time frame for when he's back?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
From Jimbo's article today.  :D

Harvey Elliott is close to returning to team training after recovering from an ankle fracture-dislocation. [@JamesPearceLFC]

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Excellent news.  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan

Will be a good couple of weeks first team training before he sees match time I reckon…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!

Cautious optimism. Welcome news indeed. But I hope "close" is not defined by Klopp; when he says someone is close, it can take a few months...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's been back doing light training for a few weeks now mate. You should check his thread.  :D

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
Elliot back shortly would be in line with what most were saying - end of Janaury. That's when I suspect he will be back to be honest. Like most I suspect we go fairly strong in the League cup games and probably play an U23 team with a few first teamers in the FA Cup.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
These were interesting I thought - from March...

And from a few weeks ago...

I guess the picture might have shifted a little since 18th November.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Do we expect the club to confirm who has confirmed positive cases that forced the Arsenal postponement?

Incredible news about Harvey Elliot - for us and mainly, himself.

Offline NewfoundRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Come from Away
Get Steven Caulker on the phone.

Unfortunately he’s at Afcon

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Do we expect the club to confirm who has confirmed positive cases that forced the Arsenal postponement?

Incredible news about Harvey Elliot - for us and mainly, himself.

I was wondering this. Guess we may find out when the team is named although not necessarily given we’d have been making plenty of changes anyway.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Be interesting to see the Team today especially with a tough 10 days coming up and a chance to reach a Final.

The midfield options are getting thin on the ground again with Naby gone and Thiago / Elliott still out. My concern with this is the pressure it puts on others to play every minute or even out of position.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
Rumours out that Thiago could be out for the season. Makes a mockery of the argument that we were sufficiently stocked in midfield at the beginning of the season

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Makes a mockery of relying on facts rather than rumours is what it does. ;D
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Rumours out that Thiago could be out for the season. Makes a mockery of the argument that we were sufficiently stocked in midfield at the beginning of the season
Although Klopp says he’s back in training on Monday….so….

W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
There should be a number of people very embarrassed by what they wrote in the Thiago thread based on a rumour…..
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Although Klopp says he’s back in training on Monday….so….

Yeah but Jurgen's clearly not been on Twitter the last few days.