Author Topic: Anfield Road Redevelopment  (Read 308658 times)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Road Redevelopment
« Reply #560 on: February 8, 2018, 10:03:10 pm »
I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm getting concerned that sonofkenny may be the Esk in disguise, he seems to be so certain. ;)

Who is the esk?!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #561 on: February 8, 2018, 10:07:25 pm »
Who is the esk?!

Oh boy! You are fairly new on here.

The Esk is the go to Bitter ITK who knows who Everton are signing, always on a Friday but always hedge his bets by saying "usual caveats apply".

Now I've explained who is is you'll probably be deeply insulted! ;)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #562 on: February 8, 2018, 10:09:25 pm »
Oh boy! You are fairly new on here.

The Esk is the go to Bitter ITK who knows who Everton are signing, always on a Friday but always hedge his bets by saying "usual caveats apply".

Now I've explained who is is you'll probably be deeply insulted! ;)

Ha, don’t bother with that lot at all.

I am not 100% certain at all and I am sure the final details will move around a little but what I have said is pretty close to where they are right now

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #563 on: February 8, 2018, 10:11:48 pm »
The larger points won’t move much though.  Two tiers, no or very few RV seats and capacity closer to if not just above 62k

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: February 8, 2018, 10:16:37 pm »
This all sounds very promising.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #565 on: February 8, 2018, 11:08:05 pm »
That sloping pitch is gonna be a bitch to play on

And without goals.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: February 8, 2018, 11:31:50 pm »
Interesting that they will move the away end?
I hope they are shoved right up the top on that side like loads others do at their grounds. We won't have to see the bitters celebrating a corner so much then. Unless Bolasie wins one that is [emoji12]
« Last Edit: February 8, 2018, 11:38:38 pm by Shady Craig »

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #567 on: February 9, 2018, 03:06:04 am »
I hope they are shoved right up the top on that side like loads others do at their grounds. We won't have to see the bitters celebrating a corner so much then. Unless Bolasie wins one that is [emoji12]

Away supporters have to be pitch side. Premier League rules. Newcastle currently still have away fans in the gods because they have a years grace to sort it out.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #568 on: February 9, 2018, 08:30:36 am »
The larger points won’t move much though.  Two tiers, no or very few RV seats and capacity closer to if not just above 62k

So completely at odds with what has just been leaked then?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #569 on: February 9, 2018, 09:03:56 am »
Soooo, are they filling in the corners or not?  That's all anyone will care about.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: February 9, 2018, 10:49:25 am »
Moving the away fans for the sake of being 50 metres closer to coaches always seemed like more hassle than it was worth. You'd either have to spend money re-configuring the corners (assuming they will keep the Annie Lower as it is) or lose over a hundred extra seats every game due to additional segregation the other side, because there is a natural break carrying out that function at the moment between the Main and Annie Lower which loses no seats.

(By the way, am I the only one who saw 2021 and thought 'Oh, that's 5 or 6 years away', then realise it was 2018 already, and wonder a little how that happened?! I'm getting old...)
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: February 9, 2018, 11:05:11 am »
Moving the away fans for the sake of being 50 metres closer to coaches always seemed like more hassle than it was worth. You'd either have to spend money re-configuring the corners (assuming they will keep the Annie Lower as it is) or lose over a hundred extra seats every game due to additional segregation the other side, because there is a natural break carrying out that function at the moment between the Main and Annie Lower which loses no seats.

(By the way, am I the only one who saw 2021 and thought 'Oh, that's 5 or 6 years away', then realise it was 2018 already, and wonder a little how that happened?! I'm getting old...)

Thing is, it can be done already. Remember the Southampton semi last January? They took circa 4,000 and they had the right hand side of the ARE plus a bit more. Supposedly it was due to the internal dividing segregators.

Surprised it's not done already. But as someone said, moving the away fans was in the original planning application for the Main, this isn't new news.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: February 9, 2018, 11:06:27 am »
Soooo, are they filling in the corners or not?  That's all anyone will care about.

Surprised they wouldn't fill in the corner between the Main and ARE, or as someone else said, designed the Main with this in mind. Agree that 4 individual stands look good but its surely easier to increase capacity this way?

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: February 9, 2018, 11:35:49 am »
Hope they take the chance to make the pitch longer. Anfield is the shortest pitch in the PL, if not the football league and as we are usually a fluid attacking team, I don't think having a short pitch helps us. Also it means UEFA don't use us for club competitions. I could easily see a Europa League final being held at the redeveloped Anfield if the pitch met the requirements.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #574 on: February 9, 2018, 11:40:05 am »
Hope they take the chance to make the pitch longer. Anfield is the shortest pitch in the PL, if not the football league and as we are usually a fluid attacking team, I don't think having a short pitch helps us. Also it means UEFA don't use us for club competitions. I could easily see a Europa League final being held at the redeveloped Anfield if the pitch met the requirements.

There would be possible sight line issues from the rear of the Kop if they moved the Anny Road goal back.

Not sure if these have been alleviated slightly since the roof was trimmed back, anyone sat right at the back of the Kop recently?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: February 9, 2018, 11:52:19 am »

I've wondered before if a longer pitch would actually help break teams down. Surely it would be pitch width more than pitch length?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #576 on: February 9, 2018, 11:55:24 am »
There would be possible sight line issues from the rear of the Kop if they moved the Anny Road goal back.

Not sure if these have been alleviated slightly since the roof was trimmed back, anyone sat right at the back of the Kop recently?

You could still build the stand slightly further back though and just keep the pitch in situ. I know that arguably means you lose some of the right on top of the pitch thing, but it would be much the same as other grounds, future proof the stadium for a Kop rejig, and dont you have to cover the front rows of seats in Europe anyway cos they are to close?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #577 on: February 9, 2018, 11:59:41 am »
At 101 x 68m it is already at the max width UEFA requires for Cat 1 and 2 Stadiums (64-68m wide), and beyond the min length (100-105m).

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #578 on: February 9, 2018, 12:00:44 pm »
You could still build the stand slightly further back though and just keep the pitch in situ. I know that arguably means you lose some of the right on top of the pitch thing, but it would be much the same as other grounds, future proof the stadium for a Kop rejig, and dont you have to cover the front rows of seats in Europe anyway cos they are to close?

Would mean getting rid of what is the lower Anny now doing that, which I don't think was in the original plan.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #579 on: February 9, 2018, 12:32:05 pm »
No plans to make the pitch longer and no live plans to fill the corners in

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #580 on: February 9, 2018, 12:34:35 pm »
Are you Paul Dalglish

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #581 on: February 9, 2018, 12:34:40 pm »

The lower tiers of both the Anny and Main will join up though, no? That's how the Main was designed, I thought.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2018, 12:38:08 pm by CraigDS »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: February 9, 2018, 12:36:55 pm »

Should surely leave that option open for the future. Would be a silly mistake to make it impossible to do that.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #583 on: February 9, 2018, 12:40:30 pm »

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #584 on: February 9, 2018, 12:41:06 pm »
The lower tiers of both the Anny and Main will join up though, no? That's how the Main was designed, I thought.

As it stands they are not joining up

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #585 on: February 9, 2018, 12:42:33 pm »
Should surely leave that option open for the future. Would be a silly mistake to make it impossible to do that.

I think the option will still be there to fill them in, in the future,  particularly on the KD stand side, it’s just these are not live plans right now

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #586 on: February 9, 2018, 12:43:55 pm »
The stand will be immense

The new stand, which will see Anfield Road itself closed off, will be the same height as the new Main Stand and from the outside will aesthetically look the same with a three-tier design.

The current Anfield Road End holds just under 9,000 supporters but features heavily obscured views in the back sections of the lower tier. The new stand will have fully unobstructed views and will house around 16,000 supporters.

Given that the new Main Stand holds around 20,000 supporters and the Kop has a capacity of 12,600, you can get a sense of the scale and how vast the new stand will be.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #587 on: February 9, 2018, 12:44:46 pm »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: February 9, 2018, 01:20:02 pm »
So what is next when this is done?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #589 on: February 9, 2018, 01:21:50 pm »
So what is next when this is done?

We probably see if we sell out 62k on a regular basis. It will be 17k added to what Anfield was for a long while so would make sense to take some stock.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #590 on: February 9, 2018, 01:36:00 pm »
Do you have a moustache

Genuine lol here!!!

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #591 on: February 9, 2018, 01:45:57 pm »
Genuine lol here!!!

Haha... me too... Meady is sitting there with that game where you flick the pictures over on the face!!  Its only a matter of time before a Meady special identifit/guess who before we identify the man with the plans!

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #592 on: February 9, 2018, 01:47:47 pm »
I think the option will still be there to fill them in, in the future,  particularly on the KD stand side, it’s just these are not live plans right now

What do you mean not 'live' plans, does that mean that they are considering it in the general plans should it be needed in the future as you say "as its stands they are not joining up"? Or just ignoring it all together and leaving a problem for the future?
« Last Edit: February 9, 2018, 01:49:24 pm by Macred »

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #593 on: February 9, 2018, 01:52:19 pm »
Demand for the big games is always going to be high and taken as read.   The less attractive games are a better measure of our ability to put bums on seats.  Since the Main Stand was extended we have sold out every game including League Cup fixtures and the recent FA Cup game against WBA.  The WBA game was interesting, it went to general sale but sold out almost immediately.  This is despite WBA only bringing 2000 and the 7.45 kick off on Saturday.  I payed £25 for my ticket on The Kop so ticket prices were still relatively expensive.  Clearly we could have sold more tickets, maybe enough to take us to 60000 if we had the capacity.  The demand is certainly there, so I would expect some sort of formal announcement in the couple of months.
Like West Ham at home? Sale started 8.15 this morning - sold out in minutes. Left empty handed again.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #594 on: February 9, 2018, 02:04:37 pm »
What do you mean not 'live' plans, does that mean that they are considering it in the general plans should it be needed in the future as you say "as its stands they are not joining up"? Or just ignoring it all together and leaving a problem for the future?

I mean, right now they are not part of the plans, but the scope is there in the future (certainly on the KD stand side) but the focus is on the stand itself now, if cost effective they may add in from the start but likely will be a seperate project

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #595 on: February 9, 2018, 02:06:55 pm »
Do you have a moustache

I don’t have a muzzy no!

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: February 9, 2018, 03:05:31 pm »
I’m so excited about this - for those around 3500 in the ST waiting list this could be the light at the end of the tunnel.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #597 on: February 9, 2018, 03:06:51 pm »
I’m so excited about this - for those around 3500 in the ST waiting list this could be the light at the end of the tunnel.

Heard they're going to offer 3200 mate.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #598 on: February 9, 2018, 03:45:02 pm »
I don’t have a muzzy no!

Do you wear glasses?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #599 on: February 9, 2018, 03:51:51 pm »
That sloping pitch is gonna be a bitch to play on

Second half playing downhill towards the Kop. We'll smash everyone. Like playing at Luton and QPR in the 80s.